H1. Sacred Vow
1. Vow of Poverty
1. Nymph's Kiss
2. Vow of Non-violence
4. Nimbus Light
6. Stigmata
3. Vow of Peace
6. Subduing Strike

Saves: Fort 3 Reflex 14 Will 2 (+1 vs Spells)
Intiative: 9
HP: 40
AC: 32
Skill Points: Too many (14/lvl)

If you know the Book of Exalted Deeds...ya...

But now that I'm level 6 my DM is allowing me to put Sainthood on the character. All I have to do is write a narrative where my character has been the last couple months of sessions (took a break).
The thing I have to figure out is what did he sacrifice to gain that final step of Sainthood...I need ideas. I listed the above...MOSTLY to show off a bit. Acquiring demi-god at lvl 6, I feel that's a feat worth showing off...since I don't munchkin often.

Any ideas? Other than dying to save someone else's life?

The first day with my Factotum with his Vow of Non-violence we went into a hobgoblin infested dungeon and converted them to join me and the cleric in worshipping Pelor. So they have a church in the city that they were kidnapping people at now. First theory of me being away was I went back there to help them out...however, SOMETHING pulled me away and led me to the road of gaining Sainthood...

Thanks much for any ideas.

Gildedragon
2013-05-08, 03:05 PM
Firstly: interesting feat choice

As to what canonized them: what is your character's temperament, goals, desires, etc...
In short, what drives them.
For a factory some intellectual endeavor is always a good goad.
Desire to become an anti-vecna? 1st step towards a god of truth?

Seiko
2013-05-08, 03:11 PM
Well if he's in some town that's now inhabited by the, now good guy hobgoblins that once plagued the town.
You could simply give some brief story of some other traveling group, one that possibly has a palidin.

Said other palidin would obviously cast detect evil if he sees some hobgoblin in a town at night.

Say, possibly some of the creatures still detect as evil, as the process of sanctifying them takes time.

And say, you witness this palidin charge at this innocent hobgoblin and you manage to dive in to try to stop him.

Without thinking, the pld fells you in a single blow, using a lot of cheese.

not to mention, after you come back to life as a saint, you obviously forgive the pld and help to restore his goodlyness... or whatever.

Elans_Cohort
2013-05-08, 03:16 PM
Character is secretly seeking god-hood. Anti-Vecna...very possibly now that you mention it.

He started his gathering of knowledge, seeking out tombs, learning in the library, lived with monks/clerics at the Temple of Pelor, (which is where the other cleric is from too). Acquired much knowledge, much skill, and even trained with the monks on fighting stances for meditation purposes. He follows the goals of Pelor clerics in that Undead should be wiped off the face of the planet. And the power of Good knows no bounds, but doesn't WORSHIP Pelor, as he does have his own desire to be seated with him in power level. Truth and Knowledge are the keys to any door is his motto...after all, if you have the know-how, there is no challenge that can't be overcome. He is very peaceful, never quick to anger, always prefers diplomacy over violence, yada yada...(to which some of the other PC's characters are VERY frustrated...what with my Calm Emotions aura that affects them too).

While Vecna used magic and the arcane arts, my PC uses knowledge and the divine arts to achieve it.

Elans_Cohort
2013-05-08, 03:24 PM
And VERY quick to trust others, seeing the potential to good in them (represented by having NO Sense Motive check, other than the +1 Wis Mod that sainthood now gives me.)

Renen
2013-05-08, 03:37 PM
Fun fact: Pelor is evil.

Asheram
2013-05-08, 03:39 PM

Burning hate!

Gildedragon
2013-05-08, 04:05 PM
Vow of Pov doesn't quite seem the best fit, but things that could have been done:
Sanctifying a tome of the stilled tongue
Translated a book of exalted deeds, giving copies to dozens of libraries
Memorized and internalized a BoED
Exposed cults of evil
Spoke words of creation that immolated your body to un-taint an ancient library, breaking its curse and releasing its knowledge to the world

Elans_Cohort
2013-05-08, 04:29 PM
Vow of Pov doesn't quite seem the best fit

Vow of Poverty was laziness on my part...I didn't want to research gear...And what came from that laziness? More upkeep as of character than gear ever would have been...SOOOO many things to keep track of atm. Just being within 20 feet of me means making a Save or three...Darn my own laziness...making me work.

Elans_Cohort
2013-05-08, 04:30 PM

Just searched Pelor is evil and burning hate on google...found the Wizard Board post describing it...OMG! My eyes are open now. Another good reason why I don't worship him. :D
Now to get the cleric to switch to another god... :/

MrNobody
2013-05-08, 05:13 PM
And VERY quick to trust others, seeing the potential to good in them (represented by having NO Sense Motive check, other than the +1 Wis Mod that sainthood now gives me.)

Sainthood is always linked to some kind of loss, ultimately the losse of life. You could have travelled back to the hobgoblin: you are welcome with cheers and games, they all hail you and tribute you honour. But after few days you find them fallen back to "paganism", maybe by some kind of ogre blackguard or something like that, when they capture you.
You suffer pain and torture for days, maybe for month: for example, they force you to watch while they slaughter innocents (children?).
But you forgive them every time: you keep saying that good is still in their heart and refuse to surrender to their provocation.
Your behaviour awaken a sparkle of kindness in some hobgoblins and soon there are two faction. The good faction frees you and you come at a showdown with the blackguard deep in the dungeon.
He fights you with strenght and his vicious blood-stained sword but you use only your intelligence and hit him with no more that gentle caresses (non-letal damage).
Wounded and nearly dying, you manage to win, you could give him a coup de grace, but you don't. You even stops the hobgoblins that are trying to kill him.
While blood still runs out of your mouth you make this heart-warming speech that not only brings the hobgoblins back to goodnes but also redeems the blackguards that make a sacred vow of repairing all his mistakes. And at the climax of this speech that a ray of light enters the cave from a narrow crack in the stone and lays oh your forehead, leaving a mark that shows your achived sainthood.

Hope this helps :)

Elans_Cohort
2013-05-08, 05:17 PM
Sainthood is always linked to some kind of loss, ultimately the losse of life. You could have travelled back to the hobgoblin: you are welcome with cheers and games, they all hail you and tribute you honour. But after few days you find them fallen back to "paganism", maybe by some kind of ogre blackguard or something like that, when they capture you.
You suffer pain and torture for days, maybe for month: for example, they force you to watch while they slaughter innocents (children?).
But you forgive them every time: you keep saying that good is still in their heart and refuse to surrender to their provocation.
Your behaviour awaken a sparkle of kindness in some hobgoblins and soon there are two faction. The good faction frees you and you come at a showdown with the blackguard deep in the dungeon.
He fights you with strenght and his vicious blood-stained sword but you use only your intelligence and hit him with no more that gentle caresses (non-letal damage).
Wounded and nearly dying, you manage to win, you could give him a coup de grace, but you don't. You even stops the hobgoblins that are trying to kill him.
While blood still runs out of your mouth you make this heart-warming speech that not only brings the hobgoblins back to goodnes but also redeems the blackguards that make a sacred vow of repairing all his mistakes. And at the climax of this speech that a ray of light enters the cave from a narrow crack in the stone and lays oh your forehead, leaving a mark that shows your achived sainthood.

Hope this helps :)

That was VERY close to what I was thinking this past hour...Yet you added a few nice touches that I hadn't thought of...faction of hobgoblins go back to old ways. I was thinking of incorporating taken hostage and tortured...However, I was thinking while off on some other adventure...The blackguard idea I do like...

...I'm going to steal pieces of this...that does help. :)
Thanks!

Any ideas to make this an epic (like the old-time long-winded types of stories), would still be appreciated. If I can make a nice long tale of this, it may help me in the SCA (google it) for a Bardic piece. :)

Callin
2013-05-08, 08:31 PM
Sorry I am no bard, at least not like my old friends in the SCA were and I have no way with words. But why not just add flowery descriptions to the tale of woe and courage.

"How you had your moments of doubt where your faith was shaken but as you overcame the doubt your faith was reforged anew stronger and harder than before. Like a smith who folds and reshapes the steel of a plowshare over and over again to strengthen and remove the flaws so that it does not break or chip on the rocks of the field." (using the plowshare idea instead of a weapon since you are Non-Violent)

"Each time the Hobgoblins struck you and ripped at your flesh with the tools of torture you forgave them and asked your God to forgive them as well because they were once redeemed and now fallen back into darkness and lead astray. You prayed for your pain and suffering to shepherd them back to the light."

While fighting the Blackguard you just stood there and turned the other cheek and as he goes to strike the final blow you say to him "You can't win, Vader (Blackguard). If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine. (btw i had to throw that in here lol) And just as he goes to strike you down the light shines on your head cowering all the Hobgoblins and making the Blackguard have to shade his eyes and stop his swing. As the light fades a lone Hobgoblin charges the Blackguard and pulls him to the ground. Another Hobgoblin draws his sword and goes to run him through. You step in between him and the now prone Blackguard and without saying a word the Hobgoblin drops his sword under your stern gaze. You turn around and offer your hand and as the Blackguard takes it he sighs in rapture and kneels before you.

Maybe some of that helps. I enjoyed writing it.

Elans_Cohort
2013-05-08, 09:19 PM
Sorry I am no bard, at least not like my old friends in the SCA were and I have no way with words. But why not just add flowery descriptions to the tale of woe and courage.

"How you had your moments of doubt where your faith was shaken but as you overcame the doubt your faith was reforged anew stronger and harder than before. Like a smith who folds and reshapes the steel of a plowshare over and over again to strengthen and remove the flaws so that it does not break or chip on the rocks of the field." (using the plowshare idea instead of a weapon since you are Non-Violent)

"Each time the Hobgoblins struck you and ripped at your flesh with the tools of torture you forgave them and asked your God to forgive them as well because they were once redeemed and now fallen back into darkness and lead astray. You prayed for your pain and suffering to shepherd them back to the light."

While fighting the Blackguard you just stood there and turned the other cheek and as he goes to strike the final blow you say to him "You can't win, Vader (Blackguard). If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine. (btw i had to throw that in here lol) And just as he goes to strike you down the light shines on your head cowering all the Hobgoblins and making the Blackguard have to shade his eyes and stop his swing. As the light fades a lone Hobgoblin charges the Blackguard and pulls him to the ground. Another Hobgoblin draws his sword and goes to run him through. You step in between him and the now prone Blackguard and without saying a word the Hobgoblin drops his sword under your stern gaze. You turn around and offer your hand and as the Blackguard takes it he sighs in rapture and kneels before you.

Maybe some of that helps. I enjoyed writing it.

Seem to me to have a way with words, very colorful in that excerpt.

When I was asking for more, I meant more ideas to through into it. Most epics involving similar things, have three trials.
In this there are Bearing Torture, and Defeating/Saving the Blackguard. Part of me thinks that my final piece will involve travel, at least in the final part, so that way it gives me an "in" back with the party fighting demons at the Church of Pelor. (Another piece of Pelor being evil? I'll have to find out for myself! Onward Patsy!)