PDA

View Full Version : [NEXUS] Arcanus: Under New Management

Viera Champion
2013-05-08, 05:41 PM
The Arcanus Organization
"Expanding the bounds of magic since before you were born."

Arcanus is being reopened after the prior disappearance of it's last Organization Head, Ursula. Under the new leadership of Morgana, the organization has been undergoing a restaffing process, and is currently looking for qualified individuals to fill almost all of the Department Head and Department Vice-Head positions.

History
Arcanus is one of the oldest organizations in the Nexus. It is not actually known how long the organization has been around. The organization's head has only been aim charge for a couple years, but rumor has always been around that the head never actually dies and just changes appearances and name every now and then. Arcanus has always been dedicated to the advancement of magic, and has recently revoked many previous statements made against the growing use of technology.

Floors by Magical Studies/Department
The Arcanus building is a large stone tower reminiscent of many a stereotypical wizard's tower, except much taller.
Basement Floor 4 - Morgana's Workshop: This is the private workshop of Morgana, head of Arcanus. This is where she studies magic. No one knows what exactly she does down here beyond that, as no one is allowed down here.
Basement Floor 3 - Necromancy: The magic of death, necromancy is generally looked down upon in the magical community. As such, this department is kept secret from the media and is hidden underground. This department is headed by the sorceress Tremaine, though she is rarely seen around.
Basement Floor 2 - Magical Creatures Den: This underground level is where all magical creatures are held, taken care of, and studied.
Basement Floor 1 - Materials Store: All research materials are stored on this floor. Anything you can think of or may need is down here.
Floor 1 - Reception: Here is where you check in for appointments, apply for jobs, and also where the entrance to the building is. The front desk is manned by a darling witch by the name of Jeanine Orchid.
Floor 2 - Illusionary Magic: On this floor, enchanters study the magical art of illusion. They break down the basics of illusionary magi and research ways to make illusions more realistic and believable.
Floor 3 - Alchemy: Alchemy is when science meets magic. Some say the combination of the two limits the potential of either, while others claim it allows both to reach new heights. Alchemists also study the magic of chemistry and are constantly creating new potions to be mass produced.
Floor 4 - Psionics: Psionics is the magic of the mind. Telepathy, telekinesis, and other phenomena involving the psyche are researched here. Though the department is currently without a Head, rumor has it Morgana has her eyes set on the child of the previous Head of Psionics.
Floor 5 - Nature Magic: The magic of the earth, nature magic is the magic that comes from all around you. It comes from the trees, the earth, the animals. Druids use nature magic.
Floor 6 - Elemental Magic: The simplest of magics, elemental magic is based around the usage of four base elements and any combination of them. These elements are air, fire, earth, and water. Elemental magic can do anything from lighting a fire to summoning an earth elemental.
Floor 7 - Divine Magic: Divine magic is the magic bestowed upon those chosen few by the gods themselves. Clerics, priests, oracles, and more fall under this category.
Floor 8 - Talismanic Magic & Artifact Studies: Here, Magic granted by tools and trinkets is studied here. Be it a wand, staff, voodoo doll, any magic that requires a physical object to use is under the jurisdiction of this floor. Various magical objects and artifacts are also stored and studied on Floor 8
Floor 9 - Divinatory Magic: The magic of seeing the unseen, divinatory magic allows it's users to get brief glimpses into the future. Mages with divination powers are rarely able to control their powers and get visions randomly. This is the form of magic that has the least known about it.
Floor 10 - Breakthrough Department:
This is Arcanus' hardest working department. Their job is to discover and study new schools of magic to add to the list above. Ironically, they are the department with the least amount of breakthroughs.
Floor 11 - Morgana's Office:
This floor holds the office of Morgana, head of Arcanus. This is where you would go if you had an appointment at Arcanus.

Those who have an idea for a new department should schedule a meeting with Morgana, the company head.

Employment Application

Name
Department
Magical Skills
Magical Flaws
Extra

PC Employees
Company & Department Heads/Vice-Heads
Morgana - Company Head ~ Lil Shiro
Maleficent - Head of Necromancy ~ Lil Shiro
Jacen Vallarm - Head of Elemental Magicks ~ LordDeathKeeper
Luke Mager - Vice-Head of Elemental Magicks ~ Lil Shiro
Cleosepha Danir - Head of Breakthroughs ~ Recaiden

Regular Employees
Jeanine Orchid - Receptionist ~ Lil Shiro
Elio Fabrizio - Elemental Magicks ~ OrchestraHc

New employees should fill out applications IC.

Recaiden
2013-05-08, 06:43 PM
[Reception]

A cat person (http://www.tektek.org/avatar/33248109) is here, walking through the doors. They look very excited to be here and to see the place reopening. "Hey, is this the right place to apply?"

Viera Champion
2013-05-08, 06:49 PM
Reception

The lovely young witch at the front desk nods, her orchid hair bobbing.
That's correct!
Jeanine says, holding out a clipboard with an application and pen attached. She's much more pleasant then she was before the organization closed.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-08, 06:54 PM
A man in blue enters with a miniature copperish dragon sitting on his shoulder. He'll wait in line for the other "person" to finish.

Recaiden
2013-05-08, 07:06 PM
"Great. Let me just fill this out. You can go on ahead." That last is directed to the person waiting, as evidenced by her waving him forward.

Name Cleosepha Danir
Age 25 years!
Title Musician? Virtuosa if you want to be generous with it?
Department Talismanic Studies? None of them fit perfectly.
Magical Skills Music-based spells. Turning into a cat.
Magical Flaws Can't touch iron or refined salt.
Extra

Viera Champion
2013-05-08, 07:15 PM
For Cleosepha, there is a note at the top of the application. It reads as follows;

For those whose magics do not fit into the following departments, you are encouraged to join the Breakthroughs department for further research of your magic, if it is largely unknown, or you may file an appointment with the company head about the possibility of a new department.

As for the next person waiting in line, Jeanine smiles and holds the clipboard out to him as well.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-08, 07:24 PM
Thank you, he says as he takes the clipboard.

Name- Jacen Vallarm
Age- 20 Years
Title- Sorcerer
Department- Elemental studies (primary) Talismanic (secondary)
Magical Skills- Evocation and transmutation, magic item creation
Magical Flaws- No necromancy
Extra- Zebes, familiar, is a copper-gold pocket dragon. He is also a caster of decent skill due to his species.

So, uh, how and when do I start?

Recaiden
2013-05-08, 09:25 PM
"Breakthrough department, great! Yeah, how does the job work? Less-directed research up there?"

Viera Champion
2013-05-08, 09:46 PM
Thank you, he says as he takes the clipboard.

Name- Jacen Vallarm
Age- 20 Years
Title- Sorcerer
Department- Elemental studies (primary) Talismanic (secondary)
Magical Skills- Evocation and transmutation, magic item creation
Magical Flaws- No necromancy
Extra- Zebes, familiar, is a copper-gold pocket dragon. He is also a caster of decent skill due to his species.

So, uh, how and when do I start?

"Breakthrough department, great! Yeah, how does the job work? Less-directed research up there?"

Jeanine nods to Cleosepha.
Also, you have the opportunity to do more in deth studying with your own magic in our facilities, and work and teach about your abilities with others.

She then addresses both of them.
There are Department Head positions open in both your departments, and a Vice-Head position open for the Breakthrough Department. Would either of you like to interview for the positions?

Deathkeeper
2013-05-08, 09:55 PM
Jace and his familiar look at each other for a moment before turning back to Jeanine.
"Sure."

Viera Champion
2013-05-08, 10:05 PM
Reception

Jeanine nods, as of expecting the answer.
Well then, you first.
She says, pointing Jace in the way he has to go.
You're looking for floor 11.

If he follows her directions, he'll come across a bunch of teleporters. Inside, there are buttons labeled 1-11 as well as B1 and B2 buttons. There are two unlabeled buttons on the bottom that seem to require a key card to use.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-08, 10:08 PM
"Thanks, " says Jace, with his familiar offering a similar sentiment through a chirp. The pair go over and use the floor 11 teleporter button as instructed.

Viera Champion
2013-05-08, 10:12 PM
"Thanks, " says Jace, with his familiar offering a similar sentiment through a chirp. The pair go over and use the floor 11 teleporter button as instructed.

Floor 11
This floor is empty except for an enormous pair of multi-hued double doors.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-08, 10:19 PM
Floor 11

Jace shrugs before going to the doors. He pauses a moment to knock and then attempts to open them.

Recaiden
2013-05-08, 10:19 PM
Jeanine nods to Cleosepha.
Also, you have the opportunity to do more in deth studying with your own magic in our facilities, and work and teach about your abilities with others.

She then addresses both of them.
There are Department Head positions open in both your departments, and a Vice-Head position open for the Breakthrough Department. Would either of you like to interview for the positions?

"That I would. Re-opening still in progress, then? Let's see if I have what I need to be department head." Cleosepha smiles widely.

Viera Champion
2013-05-08, 10:33 PM
Floor 11
Jace

The doors swing open silently. Inside is a stunning woman who appears to be about thirty. She's dressed in black and red, and her dark hair is cut short to frame her head. It's hard to tell if her smile is sincere or not.

Cleosepha

When Cleosepha is sent up, there will be no sign of Jace.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-08, 10:38 PM
Floor 11

Jace gives a small bow.
"Afternoon, Ma'am. I'm here for an interview."
He says that in the "I know you know already but I'm supposed to say it anyway" sort of way.

Recaiden
2013-05-08, 10:51 PM
[Floor 11]

Cleo was expecting that. Magic, plus interviews are usually private. She walks forward quickly, looking around as she goes.

"Hello. I'm Cleosepha, here to interview for head of Breakthroughs."

Viera Champion
2013-05-08, 11:02 PM
Floor 11 - Morgana's Office

Please, take a seat.
She says to both of them, in unison, though they don't know that.
She gestures to a chair.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-08, 11:07 PM
Floor 11- Morgana's Office

Jace sits down in the chair. Shortly afterward Zebes hops down to sit in his lap. They'll wait for Morgana to speak first.

Recaiden
2013-05-08, 11:42 PM
[Floor 11 - Morgana's Office]

Cleosepha sits in the chair as well. "Thank you! I'm Cleosepha. Pleased to meet you."

Hattish Thing
2013-05-09, 12:00 AM
Reception

He walks in, with his shadow following him. A figure, blonde... Not too handsome or anything, just plain. He has dark circles under his eyes, and a very thin figure. He has a constant mischievous grin, but under the right light, his blue eyes reflect as black and dark. He walks to the Reception desk, before speaking. He wears a black and silver tailed coat. His vest is dark blue, and his pants are black. Hello, there. My name is Dr. Dantallion. Illusionist, Tarot Reader, and Magician. I'm looking to head a department..

Viera Champion
2013-05-09, 09:30 AM

Then let us begin.
She says, putting her hands together.
Why do you feel you are qualified to be in the leadership position of a Department Head?

Floor 1 - Reception

Sounds good, just fill out this form, and I will put you in for an appointment with Miss Morgana.
She hands him the clipboard and application.

Recaiden
2013-05-09, 10:32 AM
[Floor 11 - Morgana's Office - Cleo's Interview]

"Well, I have experience teaching, not magic, admittedly, but it helps. And the same with leading small groups. Hopefully the department will grow but at the point of re-opening, that's the kind of leadership it seems like you'll need. Arcanus is probably a new place to just about everyone you hire, but I'll work hard at it."

"If I might ask a question, what all do you expect the department heads to do here? The receptionist was rather brief."

Deathkeeper
2013-05-09, 12:03 PM
Floor 11- Morgana's office, Jace

"Well, first because my expertise in the subject matter, which is more extensive than my age would suggest, and also because of my leadership experience. I spent a rather long time leading a small group, and I the rest of my time was spent running a portion of a mage's guild. Which according to one oracle I would have ended up leading if the Nexus hadn't thrown be out of destiny's loop.
*Raac!*
My familiar wants me to include the one time I lead a small army to stop a demon from causing a continental war, but that wasn't primarily me, really. "

Hattish Thing
2013-05-09, 12:23 PM
Floor 1 - Reception

Sounds good, just fill out this form, and I will put you in for an appointment with Miss Morgana.
She hands him the clipboard and application.

He nods and takes the clipboard slowly. What a perfect opportunity to be around spellcasters. Possibly learn some new spells to increase his list of spells. He reads the clipboard and begins filling it out. Name: Dr. Dantallion
Title: Illusionist, Tarot Master, Witch Doctor
Department: Illusions
Magical Skills: Tarot, Occult Research, Shadow Magic, Illusionary Magic
Magical Flaws: I am not good around fire

He hands the clipboard to the receptionist with a grin.

Viera Champion
2013-05-09, 01:02 PM
Cleosepha

Morgana nods thoughtfully at Cleo's response.
That is totally up to you at this point. With the revamping of the organization, formation and direction of the various departments are without control. Thus, it is up to the Department Heads for the moment. Of course, if any action or direction is found to be improper or inappropriate, swift action will be taken.

Jace

More specifically, how are you qualified to specifically be the Department Head of Elemental Studies?

Floor 1 - Reception

Jeanine takes back the clipboard, and directs him over to the teleporters.
Head on up then. Miss Morgana is waiting.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-09, 01:40 PM
Floor 11- Morgana's Office, Jace

"That's because it's my specialty. Although no one element powers my magic the way some sorcerers do, I've always been very good at channeling them, often for blowing things up but not always. I suppose having a dragon as your familiar helps with that. I've done a lot of research into the subject, although my knowledge of the wizardry part instead of Sorcery is rather lacking, since it's next to impossible to do both."

Earl of Purple
2013-05-09, 03:13 PM
Reception

A black woman, appearing to be in her mid-thirties walks into the building. She has dark brown eyes and black hair hanging in dreadlocks just past her shoulders. She's wearing a pair of navy joggers and a long-sleeved green t-shirt with an ornate dagger at her waist. The dagger has a polished red jasper hilt, and the sheath is pale undyed leather with a blood drop branded into it.

She will approach the main desk. "Good afternoon. I am here to join, and further the cause of my art."

Recaiden
2013-05-09, 03:49 PM
Cleosepha

"Of course. I would expect that to apply to any employee." Cleo smiles. "It seems to me that the Breakthrough Department should be the place for everyone who doesn't fit into the other categories, and anyone who's looking to find whole new ways to do magic. For those who don't fit in, if their magic is, I dunno, stable? enough for there to be a department for its study eventually, then they'd move to there when it was made. For those who are experimenting, well, it's where they work."

Hattish Thing
2013-05-09, 05:55 PM
Floor 1 - Reception

Jeanine takes back the clipboard, and directs him over to the teleporters.
Head on up then. Miss Morgana is waiting.

There's a sound of skin slapping skin, like a high five to the hand behind Dr. Dantallion's back, but there's no one there... He nods and winks before walking to the teleporters. She'll see a dark form make a thumbs up sign out of the corner of her eye, but if she turns... It's gone. He teleports and then appears in Morgana's Office.

Dark Elf Bard
2013-05-09, 07:14 PM
Floor 1

A drow female walks in. She carries a small dragon on her shoulder. She wears a deep green robe, and she has a staff with a red jewel on the top. She's young and has, shall we say, developed body features, and her face is happy and smiling.

Hi! I'm here to apply to,um,I guess, join this organization?

Viera Champion
2013-05-10, 11:32 AM

"That's because it's my specialty. Although no one element powers my magic the way some sorcerers do, I've always been very good at channeling them, often for blowing things up but not always. I suppose having a dragon as your familiar helps with that. I've done a lot of research into the subject, although my knowledge of the wizardry part instead of Sorcery is rather lacking, since it's next to impossible to do both."

Reception

A black woman, appearing to be in her mid-thirties walks into the building. She has dark brown eyes and black hair hanging in dreadlocks just past her shoulders. She's wearing a pair of navy joggers and a long-sleeved green t-shirt with an ornate dagger at her waist. The dagger has a polished red jasper hilt, and the sheath is pale undyed leather with a blood drop branded into it.

She will approach the main desk. "Good afternoon. I am here to join, and further the cause of my art."

Cleosepha

"Of course. I would expect that to apply to any employee." Cleo smiles. "It seems to me that the Breakthrough Department should be the place for everyone who doesn't fit into the other categories, and anyone who's looking to find whole new ways to do magic. For those who don't fit in, if their magic is, I dunno, stable? enough for there to be a department for its study eventually, then they'd move to there when it was made. For those who are experimenting, well, it's where they work."

There's a sound of skin slapping skin, like a high five to the hand behind Dr. Dantallion's back, but there's no one there... He nods and winks before walking to the teleporters. She'll see a dark form make a thumbs up sign out of the corner of her eye, but if she turns... It's gone. He teleports and then appears in Morgana's Office.

Floor 1

A drow female walks in. She carries a small dragon on her shoulder. She wears a deep green robe, and she has a staff with a red jewel on the top. She's young and has, shall we say, developed body features, and her face is happy and smiling.

Hi! I'm here to apply to,um,I guess, join this organization?

Jace

How well do you work with others? The department you are applying for already has a Vice-Head.

Cleosepha

Morgana nods in agreement.
That is how it seems to be working under current direction. Congratulations Miss Cleosepha, you have the job.

Dr. Dantillion

The doors are shut. He may have to knock.

Floor 1 - Reception
Earl & Elf

Jeanine nods politely, handing both of them the proper forms on a clipboard.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-10, 11:55 AM

Jace smiles.
"I admit that's usually something for other people to judge. But I've been with people for my jobs for years with no issues, so I don't think I'd have problems with anyone unless they start trying to stab my familiar or something. I've always been pretty patient with people."

Recaiden
2013-05-10, 12:24 PM
Cleosepha

"Excellent! It's an honor to have the job." She stands, slowly, and moves to leave the office.

That went better than I expected. The hiring process here is pretty different from the last few places I was, but it's worked out.

"Is there anything else I should know before I start here?"

Hattish Thing
2013-05-10, 12:49 PM
Dr. Dantillion

Dr. Dantallion doesn't move, but there is a sound of a knock on the doors. There's barely a flicker of movement, then any trace of anythingia gone. Dantallion clears his throat and waits.

Earl of Purple
2013-05-10, 05:59 PM
Floor 1- Reception

Name: Sophie
Title: The Haemomancer
Department: Probably Necromancy, though undead are only rarely created through Haemomancy
Magical Skills: Skilled master of many branches of Haemomancy, including artefact enchantment, divination, conjuration, offensive, defensive and the creation of elixirs.
Magical Flaws: Requires blood, the fresher the better. Doesn't have to be mine.
Extra: I am willing to teach people my art, though Haemomancy is occasionally incompatible with other magical traditions.
"Is this suitable?" Sophie pushes the completed form back towards the receptionist.

Dark Elf Bard
2013-05-11, 01:35 AM
Name: Jocelyn Illiamjss
Title: Druid and Pyromancer
Department: Nature and Fire, I guess?
Magical Skills: Good with both fire and nature magic. Does some potions and a good healer.
Magical Flaws: Freaking scared of shadow and dark magic.
Extra: None

Ashen Lilies
2013-05-13, 02:29 AM
[Floor 1 - Reception]

Restaffing. How interesting. Certainly worth the attentions of a lady. She glides in, confident as you please, the train of her elegant red gown sweeping gracefully against the floor as she approaches the front desk. And um... what a lady. She's friggin' gorgeous, despite, or perhaps because of her age. The few lines on her face do nothing to diminish the fullness of her lips, the regal arch of her eyebrows, the rich, deep brown of her skin. Her hair may have touches of gray in it, but the majority of it is sleek, black, done up in in an elaborate bun with a few loose strands tumbling down in ringlets to frame her face. And her body... well, um, gentlemen don't talk about these things. >.>

She approaches the receptionist.

Dark Elf Bard
2013-05-13, 09:54 AM
The drow smiles, glad to see that she isn't the only new one!

Hi! Are you new here, too?

Viera Champion
2013-05-13, 12:37 PM

Jace smiles.
"I admit that's usually something for other people to judge. But I've been with people for my jobs for years with no issues, so I don't think I'd have problems with anyone unless they start trying to stab my familiar or something. I've always been pretty patient with people."

Cleosepha

"Excellent! It's an honor to have the job." She stands, slowly, and moves to leave the office.

That went better than I expected. The hiring process here is pretty different from the last few places I was, but it's worked out.

"Is there anything else I should know before I start here?"

Dr. Dantillion

Dr. Dantallion doesn't move, but there is a sound of a knock on the doors. There's barely a flicker of movement, then any trace of anythingia gone. Dantallion clears his throat and waits.

Floor 1- Reception

Name: Sophie
Title: The Haemomancer
Department: Probably Necromancy, though undead are only rarely created through Haemomancy
Magical Skills: Skilled master of many branches of Haemomancy, including artefact enchantment, divination, conjuration, offensive, defensive and the creation of elixirs.
Magical Flaws: Requires blood, the fresher the better. Doesn't have to be mine.
Extra: I am willing to teach people my art, though Haemomancy is occasionally incompatible with other magical traditions.
"Is this suitable?" Sophie pushes the completed form back towards the receptionist.

Name: Jocelyn Illiamjss
Title: Druid and Pyromancer
Department: Nature and Fire, I guess?
Magical Skills: Good with both fire and nature magic. Does some potions and a good healer.
Magical Flaws: Freaking scared of shadow and dark magic.
Extra: None

[Floor 1 - Reception]

Restaffing. How interesting. Certainly worth the attentions of a lady. She glides in, confident as you please, the train of her elegant red gown sweeping gracefully against the floor as she approaches the front desk. And um... what a lady. She's friggin' gorgeous, despite, or perhaps because of her age. The few lines on her face do nothing to diminish the fullness of her lips, the regal arch of her eyebrows, the rich, deep brown of her skin. Her hair may have touches of gray in it, but the majority of it is sleek, black, done up in in an elaborate bun with a few loose strands tumbling down in ringlets to frame her face. And her body... well, um, gentlemen don't talk about these things. >.>

She approaches the receptionist.

Jace

Morgana leans back in her chair, tapping her forehead.
Could you demonstrate some of your magic for me?

Cleosepha

Morgana thinks about the question.
I am the rule here. Remember that.
She nods, seemingly dismissing Cleosepha.

Dr. Dantillion

If something actually did knock on the door, they will open, otherwise, they will stay closed.

Floor 1 - Reception
Sophie

Jeanine looks over the application then back at Sophie.
I'll send you on down to Maleficent. She's our Department Head. She's more qualified to talk about placement than I am.
Jeanine holds out a key card.
Go to the teleporters around the corner, then slide this into the slot. The number 3 will appear on one of the buttons. Hit that button.

Jocelyn & The Lady
Jeanine lets them talk amongst themselves at the moment, as she has some archival work to handle at her desk with all the new members swarming in.

Ashen Lilies
2013-05-13, 12:44 PM
The lady raises an eyebrow.
"I have just arrived, if that's what you're." She says crisply, the reticence of her tone somewhat undercut by the natural sultriness of her voice.
"Whether or not I can be said to be 'new' relies entirely on the events of the next several minutes."

Recaiden
2013-05-13, 12:53 PM
Cleosepha

Morgana thinks about the question.
I am the rule here. Remember that.
She nods, seemingly dismissing Cleosepha.

"Right. I'll remember." Cleosepha bows slightly to Morgana, and returns to the elevator, to head 1 floor down, to her new workplace, and see what the place is like, and if anyone else is working there. She assumes not.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-13, 12:54 PM

Jace stands up. "Sure."
He reaches out his hand, and with a word and a gesture a small ice sphere appears hovering over it. Zebes climbs onto his head and from that vantage point fires a small burst of acid from his throat. Jace traces a trail with his free hand, causing every drop to form perfectly in a column at the sphere's center, the hole in which it entered sealing itself. Jace then snaps his fingers, and around that column flame erupts. Neither the liquid or the ice is affected. Taking the sphere in both hands, Jace speaks another word, and electricity arcs between his hands. He holds it there for a bit, four very different things existing in one place. Then he crushes it in his hands, opening them to reveal not a single burn or remnant of the sphere save for a few drops of water.
Although it was presented as a show that would have required a pretty strong level of control. And Jace's calm look never changed during the whole thing.

Viera Champion
2013-05-13, 01:08 PM
Floor 1 - Reception

Jeanine looks up again, blinking in recognition at the lady.
I remember you. You liked asking questions.

Morgana nods.
I'm impressed.
Though she doesn't seem any more interested than she was before. She has the look of a woman who has seen everything.
Congratulations Master Jace, Head of Elemental Magicks.
She smiles, pleased.

Floor 10 - Breakthrough Department
There does seem to be one blonde teenage boy sitting at a chair, looking into a microscope. He seems to be wearing very little.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-13, 01:11 PM

Jace smiles. "Thank you. I assume there's an office for me? I'll be happy to get started immediately."

Earl of Purple
2013-05-13, 04:25 PM
Reception --> Teleporters

Sophie will take the card. "Thank you. I look forward to meeting her." The Haemomancer will then walk towards the teleporters so she can get to the third basement and meet Maleficent.

Recaiden
2013-05-13, 04:53 PM
There does seem to be one blonde teenage boy sitting at a chair, looking into a microscope. He seems to be wearing very little.

Cleosepha looks at the boy, seeing just how young he is and how well he's using the microscope, and then steps in.

"Hello. Department of Breakthroughs, yes? I'm Cleosepha Danir, the new Department Head. Who might you be?"

OrchestraHc
2013-05-13, 05:40 PM
First Floor - Enter Elio

*Snniiiiiiiiff* Smell that new management in the air. New management is like a new brand of fertilizer, Elio always says. The untrained nose just thinks it's all the same crap, but it takes experience to really tell the difference early on.

Romeo, who has had a great deal of experience with fertilizer and but not near as much with management understands the concept even if he doesn't have the nose for it.

The elderly, bearded wizard brings his apprentice in much the same way as before, arm around his neck. "Hello! Just seeing if I still have a job since the dead time way back when. If not, are you hiring? I'm still interested in the exchange of wizardly ideas, so that's a plus."

Hattish Thing
2013-05-14, 01:58 AM
Dr. Dantillion

If something actually did knock on the door, they will open, otherwise, they will stay closed.

Yes, a shadow physically knocked on the door with it's ability to affect physical objects. "Dr. Dantallion" moves to the door, preparing himself. As soon as they open, he'll attempt to teleport inside, invisibly. He'll whisper in Morgana's ear if his teleport succeeds. First you see me. Then he appears in front of her, visible. Now you don't. Hello, I am Dr. Dantallion.

Viera Champion
2013-05-14, 12:35 PM

Jace smiles. "Thank you. I assume there's an office for me? I'll be happy to get started immediately."

Reception --> Teleporters

Sophie will take the card. "Thank you. I look forward to meeting her." The Haemomancer will then walk towards the teleporters so she can get to the third basement and meet Maleficent.

Cleosepha looks at the boy, seeing just how young he is and how well he's using the microscope, and then steps in.

"Hello. Department of Breakthroughs, yes? I'm Cleosepha Danir, the new Department Head. Who might you be?"

First Floor - Enter Elio

*Snniiiiiiiiff* Smell that new management in the air. New management is like a new brand of fertilizer, Elio always says. The untrained nose just thinks it's all the same crap, but it takes experience to really tell the difference early on.

Romeo, who has had a great deal of experience with fertilizer and but not near as much with management understands the concept even if he doesn't have the nose for it.

The elderly, bearded wizard brings his apprentice in much the same way as before, arm around his neck. "Hello! Just seeing if I still have a job since the dead time way back when. If not, are you hiring? I'm still interested in the exchange of wizardly ideas, so that's a plus."

Yes, a shadow physically knocked on the door with it's ability to affect physical objects. "Dr. Dantallion" moves to the door, preparing himself. As soon as they open, he'll attempt to teleport inside, invisibly. He'll whisper in Morgana's ear if his teleport succeeds. First you see me. Then he appears in front of her, visible. Now you don't. Hello, I am Dr. Dantallion.

Jace

Morgana nods.
You do currently have an office, but we will support any changes to facilities and floor set-up as long as the plans are submitted for review first.

Dr. Dantillion

The teleport will work, but the doctor might get the feeling that it was only because she let it work.

A chair will appear behind him, and she gestures for him to sit, unfazed by his antics.

Basement Floor 3 - Necromancy Department

When Sophie is teleported downstairs, she will see a woman performing surgery on a corpse. It's quite the dramatic scene.

Floor 10 - Breakthroughs Department

The boy jumps up from the table.
My name is Luro ma'am.

Floor 1 - Reception

Your job is secure, we just need you to fill out a new form for archival purposes.
She says to Elio.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-14, 12:42 PM

"Sounds good. Anything else I should know, or should I take my leave?"

Recaiden
2013-05-14, 12:56 PM
[Floor 10 - Breakthroughs Department]

"Luro. Nice to meet you. What is it you're doing here?" No comment on his lack of many clothes. Cleo walks past, towards the center of the space, before looking back to him. She whistles a short phrase, and a flute appears in her hand.

"Can I assume you'll be working with me here? I think there'll be a lot more to do shortly."

Hattish Thing
2013-05-14, 01:50 PM
Dr. Dantillion

The teleport will work, but the doctor might get the feeling that it was only because she let it work.

A chair will appear behind him, and she gestures for him to sit, unfazed by his antics.

Dr. Dantallion sits in the chair happily, enjoying his seat. He waits for her to speak, and his shadow takes off Dantallion's bowler hat. He taps his fingers.

OrchestraHc
2013-05-14, 02:59 PM
Floor 1

Elio has the form written in short order.

Name: Elio Fabrizio
Title: Wizard
Department: Elemental Magic
Magical Skills: Fairly powerful all rounder. 50+ years of experience.
Magical Flaws: None off the top of my head.
Extra: Same apprentice as last time. He'll apply when I say he's ready. For now, he's on my dime.

"That should be that. Any new faces I'd care to know about?"

Earl of Purple
2013-05-14, 03:28 PM
Sub-Basement 3- Necromancy Department

Sophie will walk up to the woman, trying not to startle her. She will also pull a small bottle of blood out of her pocket, remove the lid and chant a spell before drinking it. The spell will, until it wears off, let her know things about the blood of anybody she sees. First, is whether they have blood or not, the second is if they are or aren't a vampire, the third is their species, the fourth is their blood type and the last thing is whether or not they're a virgin. If they are a vampire, no further information can be determined by the spell, and if the person she sees is too far from human then, once again, no further information can be gleaned.

It should also work on the corpse, though it won't let her know how he died (or if he's dead).

Reinholdt
2013-05-14, 04:36 PM
Outside

At the base of the tower, several yards away, there is a picket line. Various signs are held up.

Magic is evil!

Go away!

Stop breaking the law!

I wanted something witty here so I made a sign!

Anti-magic is pro-nature!

Granted... it's less of a line and more of a dot. Cause there's only one guy. He does rotate the signs out every ten or so minutes though, having a small stack of them next to him.

http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq276/Reinholdt9000/Gaia/NormalGuy_zps244cf95e.png

Viera Champion
2013-05-15, 01:41 PM

"Sounds good. Anything else I should know, or should I take my leave?"

[Floor 10 - Breakthroughs Department]

"Luro. Nice to meet you. What is it you're doing here?" No comment on his lack of many clothes. Cleo walks past, towards the center of the space, before looking back to him. She whistles a short phrase, and a flute appears in her hand.

"Can I assume you'll be working with me here? I think there'll be a lot more to do shortly."

Dr. Dantallion sits in the chair happily, enjoying his seat. He waits for her to speak, and his shadow takes off Dantallion's bowler hat. He taps his fingers.

Floor 1

Elio has the form written in short order.

Name: Elio Fabrizio
Title: Wizard
Department: Elemental Magic
Magical Skills: Fairly powerful all rounder. 50+ years of experience.
Magical Flaws: None off the top of my head.
Extra: Same apprentice as last time. He'll apply when I say he's ready. For now, he's on my dime.

"That should be that. Any new faces I'd care to know about?"

Sub-Basement 3- Necromancy Department

Sophie will walk up to the woman, trying not to startle her. She will also pull a small bottle of blood out of her pocket, remove the lid and chant a spell before drinking it. The spell will, until it wears off, let her know things about the blood of anybody she sees. First, is whether they have blood or not, the second is if they are or aren't a vampire, the third is their species, the fourth is their blood type and the last thing is whether or not they're a virgin. If they are a vampire, no further information can be determined by the spell, and if the person she sees is too far from human then, once again, no further information can be gleaned.

It should also work on the corpse, though it won't let her know how he died (or if he's dead).

Outside

At the base of the tower, several yards away, there is a picket line. Various signs are held up.

Granted... it's less of a line and more of a dot. Cause there's only one guy. He does rotate the signs out every ten or so minutes though, having a small stack of them next to him.

http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq276/Reinholdt9000/Gaia/NormalGuy_zps244cf95e.png

Jace

Morgana repeats the same stuff she told Cleosepha about her being the absolute authority and whatnot.

Dr. Dantillion

Pleasure to meet you. May I have your name?

Luro shakes his head.
I was just given permission to do some research here. I was thinking of joining though.

Floor 1 - Reception

Jeanine nods.
Your department now has a head and vice-head. You've been reinserted into the archives. Thank you for your dedication to our organization.

The corpse is in fact that a vampire. However, no information can be gathered on the woman for some reason. None at all.

Outside

A little boy walks up to the man.
Watchya doing mister?

Deathkeeper
2013-05-15, 01:47 PM

Jace bows.
"Of course. I'd expect nothing else. Good day."
And he'll go check out his new department.

Hattish Thing
2013-05-15, 03:22 PM
Dr. Dantallion

He sits in his chair, before raising a leg to place over his other, relaxing in the chair. His bowler hat seems to float down to his lap before settling. He then licks his lips. My name, Ms, is Doctor Satanel Dantallion. Tarot Reader, Witch Doctor, Voodoo Master, and Shadowman.

OrchestraHc
2013-05-15, 04:07 PM
"Not even a problem my lady," the old man says with a wink. "I'll be up on floor six. If anyone calls, Mr. Fabrizio is out and his apprentice doesn't know how to use a phone."

Romeo, finally removing himself from the Elio's grip follows him to the teleport-o-vaters up to the Elemental Studies.

Floor Six

"It's almost like coming home again isn't it? This was the first place I took you when we came to the Nexus. Confusing place."

"Yeah. I can still remember..."

The master and apprentice begin reminiscing as meander about looking for a good desk.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-15, 04:12 PM
Floor Six

Elio will probably run into Jace looking around the department, since he teleported in shortly before Elio.

Reinholdt
2013-05-15, 04:38 PM
Outside

A little boy walks up to the man.
Watchya doing mister?

Outside

"Protesting. Magic is an abomination and a danger to us all. Did you know that 391.7 people died last month from fireballs alone?" The man asks the boy. Bet he didn't know that, did he?

Earl of Purple
2013-05-15, 04:39 PM
Basement 3

Sophie will glance uncomfortably at the vampire-body; she suspects it's still animate, if not technically alive. Most vampires crumble when dead. As for the dissector, the Haemomancer assumes that she's undead or has replaced her blood with a more efficient magical recipe. It's either that or very sophisticated wards against divination, even the relatively harmless variety that is the spell Sophie's using at the moment.

Recaiden
2013-05-15, 05:38 PM
[Floor 10]

"Care to tell me what you're researching? I can't recommend whether you should join or not, seeing as it's my first day."

Cleosepha paces about the area, looking at what sort of furniture and equipment and space is still up here. Doesn't really matter, this is a magic place, they should be able to outfit it pretty well.

OrchestraHc
2013-05-15, 05:46 PM
Romeo is the first to notice the new head of department, not that he knows. "Master," Romeo says politely to get the old man's attention. On getting the old man's sight he points to Jace.

"Hmm? Ah, greetings sir. Elio Fabrizio," he said extending a hand to Jace. "The young man is Romeo Firé. We're technically new."

Deathkeeper
2013-05-15, 06:24 PM
Floor 6

Jace shakes his hand.
"Jacen Vallarm. This is Zebes.
The dragon gives a friendly chirp and a wave.
We're new too. Um. I suppose I'm also the head of the department but please don't focus on that. I look forward to working with you both."

Dark Elf Bard
2013-05-15, 09:28 PM
Floor Six

Since this is the floor that fits her best, the attractive drow Jocelyn will go up to number six!

I suppose she runs into Elio, Romeo, and Jace! Oops! Hi, are you guys on this floor too?

Devixer
2013-05-15, 09:34 PM
Floor 1

Hildur doesn't look much like a mage when she enters, dressed in winter sports gear. And that's because she isn't a mage, rather, she's here with someone else who actually could do something here.

Beans
2013-05-15, 09:39 PM
[Floor I]
Thryza (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14936725&postcount=820) looks a little more fitting, her tank top baring the alchemical symbols tattooed all over her right arm and shoulders.
She's ready to fill out an application!
Name: Thryza Kazari
Title: Alchemist
Department: Alchemy
Magical Skills: Been doing alchemy since childhood (with mother), especially good at Symbolic Alchemy
Magical Flaws: Symbolic Alchemy relies mostly on predrawn symbols.
Extra: My girlfriend is a snowboarding dragon.

OrchestraHc
2013-05-15, 10:39 PM
Floor 6

Jace shakes his hand.
"Jacen Vallarm. This is Zebes.
The dragon gives a friendly chirp and a wave.
We're new too. Um. I suppose I'm also the head of the department but please don't focus on that. I look forward to working with you both."

Floor Six

Since this is the floor that fits her best, the attractive drow Jocelyn will go up to number six!

I suppose she runs into Elio, Romeo, and Jace! Oops! Hi, are you guys on this floor too?

Floor Six

"An honor, Jacen, and you as well Zebes," Elio says to the pair, even leaning in for the small dragon.

At the young Drow girls question, Elio looks around him, up at the ceiling, and then down on the ground. He gives his foot a light tap on the floor before "Yes I do believe we are. But I am being coy. Elio Fabrizio, former court mage of Agatello." He takes off his hat for flourish and bow, showing off his old bald head. "And this is Romeo Firé, my apprentice."

The apprentice manages a short bow, not one to be as showy as his master.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-15, 10:54 PM
Floor Six

Jace shakes his head.
"Oh, Jacen is really just for writing my name on paperwork. Feel free to call me Jace. Almost everyone does.
Turning to the newest girl,
Indeed, we're just settling everything in. Feel free to look around, because I'm probably going to need help finding everything myself."

Dark Elf Bard
2013-05-19, 11:21 PM
Floor 6

She curtsies to them all and winks at Romeo, him being the youngest. Glad to be here!

OrchestraHc
2013-05-20, 01:53 AM
Floor Six

Embarrassed, Romeo does his best not to react to the wink. Elio gives the boy a nudge with his elbow before speaking. "Oh don't mind him. He's just a shy one one. Feel free to ask the apprentice for any intern-ish things you might need."

Elio turns his attentions to Jace. "So aside from finding your office, any particular ideas on major projects you're interested in?" Most of Elio's own ideas revolve around utilitizing elemental magic, but he's trying not to push his agenda too blatantly.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-20, 08:24 AM
Floor Six

Jace thinks for a moment.
"Not particularly. I'm doing a personal project for a friend but once I'm done with that I don't have anything planned, really. Feel free to suggest anything."

Viera Champion
2013-05-20, 07:17 PM
Dr. Dantallion

He sits in his chair, before raising a leg to place over his other, relaxing in the chair. His bowler hat seems to float down to his lap before settling. He then licks his lips. My name, Ms, is Doctor Satanel Dantallion. Tarot Reader, Witch Doctor, Voodoo Master, and Shadowman.

Outside

"Protesting. Magic is an abomination and a danger to us all. Did you know that 391.7 people died last month from fireballs alone?" The man asks the boy. Bet he didn't know that, did he?

Basement 3

Sophie will glance uncomfortably at the vampire-body; she suspects it's still animate, if not technically alive. Most vampires crumble when dead. As for the dissector, the Haemomancer assumes that she's undead or has replaced her blood with a more efficient magical recipe. It's either that or very sophisticated wards against divination, even the relatively harmless variety that is the spell Sophie's using at the moment.

[Floor 10]

"Care to tell me what you're researching? I can't recommend whether you should join or not, seeing as it's my first day."

Cleosepha paces about the area, looking at what sort of furniture and equipment and space is still up here. Doesn't really matter, this is a magic place, they should be able to outfit it pretty well.

[Floor I]
Thryza (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14936725&postcount=820) looks a little more fitting, her tank top baring the alchemical symbols tattooed all over her right arm and shoulders.
She's ready to fill out an application!
Name: Thryza Kazari
Title: Alchemist
Department: Alchemy
Magical Skills: Been doing alchemy since childhood (with mother), especially good at Symbolic Alchemy
Magical Flaws: Symbolic Alchemy relies mostly on predrawn symbols.
Extra: My girlfriend is a snowboarding dragon.

Dr. Dantillion

Morgana nods.
Alright. First question. What's your alignment?
That's a new one.

Outside

Do have a statistic on non-magical deaths?
Haha. Clever boy.

The woman takes a break from her dissection, standing up. As she turns, she notices Sophie. Her surgical gear quickly disappears, revealing an aging woman, who while not attractive, is still beautiful.
Ah... How may I help you?

Floor 1 - Reception

Jeanine smiles, accepting the application.
Would you by any chance be interested in a leadership position in our organization?

Floor 6 - Elemental Magicks

A sound occurs, and a 16 year old boy tumbles out of the teleporter into the room, collapsing on the ground in a heap.
Owww...
He whines.

Floor 11 - Breakthroughs

The boy motions to the microscope.
I'm researching my own cells as a matter of fact.
He says with a smile.

Reinholdt
2013-05-20, 07:22 PM
Outside

"Of course. Out of every hundred deaths caused by sorcerers, only two are non-magical. 98% of sorcerer inflicted deaths are magical. Do you really feel safe with sorcerers being 4800% more efficient at death dealing due to magic? Nay I say! Nay! Cease this abomination upon our lands, laws, and lives!" There's always another statistic. Care to ask for another?

Recaiden
2013-05-20, 07:44 PM
[Floor 10 - Breakthroughs]

Cleosepha looks down at the slide, and then tries to peer through the microscope.
"Is there something particularly interesting about them?" We all have cells, Luro.

Hattish Thing
2013-05-20, 07:47 PM
Dr. Dantallion

That is a new question, but 'Dantallion' was expecting something like that. He speaks out quickly and confidently, spouting the words with a silver tongue. Chaotic good, ma'am. Why ask? I just don't really get the purpose of being all straight and narrow. Might as well have a bit of fun in life, wouldn't ya agree? He taps the bowler hat in his lap, and seems to be in a very good mood.

Beans
2013-05-20, 08:40 PM
Floor 1 - Reception

Jeanine smiles, accepting the application.
Would you by any chance be interested in a leadership position in our organization?
Thryza grins. Oooh, I'd be interested...
She glances back at Hildur.

Devixer
2013-05-20, 09:18 PM
Floor 1 - Reception

Hildur smiles back at Thyrza. "I'll support you, you know that."

Dark Elf Bard
2013-05-21, 10:24 AM
floor 6

Jocelyn is about to respond to the other two magicians..

Then a person comes flying in! :smalleek: Are you okay? What happened?

OrchestraHc
2013-05-21, 12:04 PM
[Floor Six]

"I can tell you when you're finished with your own work and- Oh my," Elio says, turning to the teleporter. "Another apprentice?"

Romeo immediately runs to the the other boy. "Are you okay?"

Deathkeeper
2013-05-21, 12:09 PM
Floor Six

Jace decides not to crowd the kid, although Zebes waves at him from Jace's shoulder.

Viera Champion
2013-05-21, 01:37 PM
Outside

"Of course. Out of every hundred deaths caused by sorcerers, only two are non-magical. 98% of sorcerer inflicted deaths are magical. Do you really feel safe with sorcerers being 4800% more efficient at death dealing due to magic? Nay I say! Nay! Cease this abomination upon our lands, laws, and lives!" There's always another statistic. Care to ask for another?

[Floor 10 - Breakthroughs]

Cleosepha looks down at the slide, and then tries to peer through the microscope.
"Is there something particularly interesting about them?" We all have cells, Luro.

Dr. Dantallion

That is a new question, but 'Dantallion' was expecting something like that. He speaks out quickly and confidently, spouting the words with a silver tongue. Chaotic good, ma'am. Why ask? I just don't really get the purpose of being all straight and narrow. Might as well have a bit of fun in life, wouldn't ya agree? He taps the bowler hat in his lap, and seems to be in a very good mood.

Thryza grins. Oooh, I'd be interested...
She glances back at Hildur.

floor 6

Jocelyn is about to respond to the other two magicians..

Then a person comes flying in! :smalleek: Are you okay? What happened?

[Floor Six]

"I can tell you when you're finished with your own work and- Oh my," Elio says, turning to the teleporter. "Another apprentice?"

Romeo immediately runs to the the other boy. "Are you okay?"

Outside

The boy frowns.
But what about all the people whose lives were saved by magic?

Luro nods, shyly.
Ah, well...
With a loud screeching noise, his form changes, he grows, and becomes a very large red-tailed hawk. He has to bend his neck so as not to hit his head on the ceiling.

Morgana nods with a grin.
Chaos is the essence of creativity and creation, my dear Doctor. Anyways, tell me more about your magical capabilities.

Floor 1 - Reception

I'll pencil you in for a meeting with Miss Morgana. You may head on up whenever you are ready.
Jeanine says, smiling warmly as a pen springs to life next to her and begins writing on its own.

The teen stands up quickly, blushing with embarrassment. He brushes snowflakes out of his hair, and altogether looks fun apart from a bruise or two.
Don't try ice skating and teleporting at the same time. Not as fun as it sounds.

Earl of Purple
2013-05-21, 02:51 PM
Basement 3- Necromancy Department

"I just signed up. My name's Sophie, and I'm a Haemomancer." She sticks her hand out for shaking.

Reinholdt
2013-05-21, 05:05 PM
Outside

"68% of people saved by magic are the magic users themselves who go on to kill people using magic. It's because magic is an unnatural power that shouldn't exist. It's corrupting. We must cleanse the land of this corruption before more have to suffer!" The man offers the boy a protest sign. Join the burgeoning crowd of one!

Hattish Thing
2013-05-21, 05:08 PM
Dr. Dantallion

Dantallion grins once more, appreciating Morgana's understanding. He speaks. I work with illusions mainly, but also fortune telling and tarot reading... He'll then cast a spell to see if he can determine her past, and will then spout said information back to her.

Recaiden
2013-05-21, 06:41 PM

Luro nods, shyly.
Ah, well...
With a loud screeching noise, his form changes, he grows, and becomes a very large red-tailed hawk. He has to bend his neck so as not to hit his head on the ceiling.

Cleosepha nods, looking up and down at the transformed Luro. People who turn into giant birds aren't even a new thing since she got here. "Impressive! You're a lot bigger than a hawk ought to be, though. Have you found anything so far? If you have, I wonder if I could do the same and find the biological root of my own transformations. I mean, I've found out that they're at least variably expressed or epigenetic, based on poor Alkania. And I don't have any sample of Zophiel's cells to compare. But Oliver's would do fine for comparison."
She doesn't see anything odd about the slide, but then, she's not a microbiologist at all.
"You're not a villain trying to turn all of Nexus into birds, are you? Cool. Didn't think so."

Ashen Lilies
2013-05-21, 06:54 PM
Floor 1 - Reception, Lady Blackthorne

Lady Blackthorne (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15224080&postcount=39) has been waiting here. She's been waiting here for a while, in fact, unacknowledged. This should be remedied.
"Ahem."

Beans
2013-05-22, 09:03 AM
[Floor 1]
Thryza starts to take herself and Hildur up, hurrying a little to avoid the ire of the waiting lady.

Devixer
2013-05-22, 12:00 PM
Floor 1 - Reception

Hilur is quick to follow, offering an apologetic smile to the Lady that'd been waiting.

Beans
2013-05-23, 10:55 AM
[Floor 1 > Floor 3]
Up they go to the Alchemy Floor, Thryza more excited by the second.

Viera Champion
2013-05-28, 07:06 PM

"I just signed up. My name's Sophie, and I'm a Haemomancer." She sticks her hand out for shaking.

Outside

"68% of people saved by magic are the magic users themselves who go on to kill people using magic. It's because magic is an unnatural power that shouldn't exist. It's corrupting. We must cleanse the land of this corruption before more have to suffer!" The man offers the boy a protest sign. Join the burgeoning crowd of one!

Dr. Dantallion

Dantallion grins once more, appreciating Morgana's understanding. He speaks. I work with illusions mainly, but also fortune telling and tarot reading... He'll then cast a spell to see if he can determine her past, and will then spout said information back to her.

Cleosepha nods, looking up and down at the transformed Luro. People who turn into giant birds aren't even a new thing since she got here. "Impressive! You're a lot bigger than a hawk ought to be, though. Have you found anything so far? If you have, I wonder if I could do the same and find the biological root of my own transformations. I mean, I've found out that they're at least variably expressed or epigenetic, based on poor Alkania. And I don't have any sample of Zophiel's cells to compare. But Oliver's would do fine for comparison."
She doesn't see anything odd about the slide, but then, she's not a microbiologist at all.
"You're not a villain trying to turn all of Nexus into birds, are you? Cool. Didn't think so."

Floor 1 - Reception, Lady Blackthorne

Lady Blackthorne (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15224080&postcount=39) has been waiting here. She's been waiting here for a while, in fact, unacknowledged. This should be remedied.
"Ahem."

The woman gladly shakes her hand.
You may call me Maleficent. My strength is in the magic of decay. I tend not to use my other proficiency for raising the dead. You get torches and pitchforks for that kind of thing.
She grins as if she has made a joke.

Outside

The boy awkwardly accepts the sign, not particularly sure he agrees.

Any effort to look into her past will only leave him with a feeling of impending doom. There are some things he just isn't meant to know. Not yet at least.
And what, specifically, do you wih to bring to this organization?

Floor 10 - Breakthroughs

Luro shrinks back to his normal size. He smiles at Cleosepha, glad he has found someone he can relate to. To be honest he isn't a microbiologist either, and has no idea what he's looking for. He was just kind f hoping everything would work out...
My species is actually naturally giant hawk. It's the transforming into a human thing that's worked it's way into the gene pool in recent generations. Though most of my kin find it demeaning to take on this form.

Floor 1 - Reception

Jeanine looks up from the delightful book she was caught up in.
Yes, ma'am? How may I help you?

Beans
2013-05-28, 07:09 PM
[Floor 3]
Thryza looks around at the alchemy facilities, getting almost too excited. She starts trotting over to gush over this piece of equipment and that device and so on.

Earl of Purple
2013-05-28, 07:11 PM
Basement Floor 3- Necromancy Department

"That's opposite to me- fresh blood works best with Haemomancy, especially if it's warm. Though there's ways to keep it fresh for longer, and heating it is quite a simple charm." Sophie's hand is scarred and callused, as she cuts her hand to get blood quite regularly. Other parts of her body, too, but most often her hand.

Recaiden
2013-05-28, 07:19 PM
Luro shrinks back to his normal size. He smiles at Cleosepha, glad he has found someone he can relate to. To be honest he isn't a microbiologist either, and has no idea what he's looking for. He was just kind f hoping everything would work out...
My species is actually naturally giant hawk. It's the transforming into a human thing that's worked it's way into the gene pool in recent generations. Though most of my kin find it demeaning to take on this form.

Floor 10 - Breakthroughs

Cleosepha smiles back brightly. "Interesting. It's the reverse for me, as you seem to have guessed. Human for the most part. We've had powers in our family for a long time, though, on my mother's mother's side. It's been thinning out, actually. I couldn't do anything without study." Cleo shrinks down into a normal-sized Balinese cat for a few moments, and then returns to being human.
"I get that. No wings, weird human head. Good that you have a more open mind."
"Anyway, I'd guess since you say it's heritable, there'll be pretty obvious markers. You need cells from a normal human and a normal giant hawk to compare yours too. I don't know how you compare them, really. There's people who have decoded all the human DNA strands. I could maybe look into that. And there's probably a magic way to do it."

Devixer
2013-05-28, 07:21 PM
Floor 3

Hildur follows Thyrza through the alchemy floor. She does her best to understand the gushing, but pretty much everything flies over her head.

Beans
2013-05-29, 02:46 PM
[Floor 3: Alchemy]
Oh my gods, Hilli, look! They've got... they've got things! Thryza finally stops running around and just bounces excitedly in place.

Devixer
2013-05-29, 02:49 PM
Floor 3: Alchemy

"I know, it looks much better for alchemy than our cave," Hildur says, still trying to understand what exactly most of these things are.

Beans
2013-05-29, 02:52 PM
Oh, it's better alright, this is... like, pro stuff! She grins. I'm gonna do... thing.

Devixer
2013-05-29, 03:12 PM

"Don't you have to go to a meeting?" Hildur asks.

Beans
2013-05-29, 03:24 PM
She blinks, frowns, and grumbles about how she wants to do... thing.
After a grudging second, she reaches for her girlfriend's hand and starts heading for the elevator/stairs/thing.

Devixer
2013-05-29, 03:58 PM

Hildur takes Thyrza's hand and goes with her to however they go up.

Reinholdt
2013-05-29, 06:09 PM
Outside

Protest group is now 2/3rds of a way to becoming a Protest Crowd! Whoo!

The guy will continue to hold signs up and even shout some statistics at anyone passing by to head on in. Down with magic!

Dark Elf Bard
2013-05-29, 11:17 PM

The teen stands up quickly, blushing with embarrassment. He brushes snowflakes out of his hair, and altogether looks fun apart from a bruise or two.
Don't try ice skating and teleporting at the same time. Not as fun as it sounds.

Gah. Forgot about this.

Jocelyn will work with Romeo to help they boy up. As she fumbles around, a small scroll falls out of her robe!

Deathkeeper
2013-05-30, 05:39 PM
Right Outside

In a later timeline after Jace has moved in, he arrives outside the place with his familiar on his head and a slightly shaky half-dragon behind him.

OrchestraHc
2013-05-31, 02:16 AM
Floor Six: the Coolkids Floor

"Yeah. I still remember when my master taught me the definition of momentum. And how you keep it," Romeo empathizes. "Ironically it's pretty easy to change the direction though. You can save someone's life by turning their down into up."

Being the helpful sort he reaches down for the scroll Jocelyn dropped.

Zefir
2013-05-31, 03:34 AM
Right Outside

In a later timeline after Jace has moved in, he arrives outside the place with his familiar on his head and a slightly shaky half-dragon behind him.

Right Outside

The half-dragon (http://einerwie.deviantart.com/art/Half-Dragon-Ailyn-85517901) still got some problems with walking on two feets.

"Are there any things I should know, like not transforming to my true self?"

Deathkeeper
2013-05-31, 05:41 AM
Right Outside

Jace turns back to him.
"Nothing like that. Some of the members are kind of technophobic, though, so you may want to watch that."

Zefir
2013-05-31, 03:51 PM
Right Outside

"Hmm. OK" and C follows on.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-31, 04:01 PM
Heading Inside

In they go!
Floor 8 is the items and artifacts department. I think they're understaffed. You could probably get a position if you asked."

Reinholdt
2013-05-31, 05:21 PM
Warning the Passerbys

"Stay away poor visitors for this is a place of corruption and death! Magic is a blight upon our land and I dare wish it not visited on you."

He's holding up an anti-magic sign. Down with magic!

Zefir
2013-06-02, 03:46 AM
Heading Inside

Mr. C looks at the proplr. He can't understand why they are doing this and got even more confused by the guy talking to them. If Jace decides to Ignore them and just go in C will follow asking him inside.

"What's there problem?"

Deathkeeper
2013-06-03, 12:29 PM
Heading Inside

Jace shoots C a look that says just ignore them and keeps walking inside.
His familiar, unfortunately, is a pernicious bastard and doesn't like people protesting the essence that's keeping him alive, and turns, sticks his tongue out at Protester Guy from his master's shoulder and casts a Glitterdust spell above him. The sign-holding guy may not notice until he's covered in the harmless but clearly magic glitter and Jace and his dragon are already in the doors. And like all glitter, that stuff is near impossible to get completely off.

Zefir
2013-06-04, 01:27 AM
Heading Inside

Well, if the protest guys decide to do something or not, Mr. C heads inside unless they want to grab a half dragon wearing a golden armor.

Inside he will speak to Jace again.

"Sounds good, but actually I never trained magic. I use items, but I think I need to learn how to use spells a bit before asking for a job, right?"

Deathkeeper
2013-06-05, 11:45 PM
Front Desk

"Don't know. It's meant to be for the study of magic items. Doesn't say you need spellcasting anywhere. To be the head, maybe, but not just a job. It was just a suggestion though."

Zefir
2013-06-08, 05:15 PM
Front Desk

"You know, to know what an item can do, you need a bit of magic. Testing isn't the best way."

Deathkeeper
2013-06-09, 12:38 PM
Front Desk

"True, but you can't study items if you don't have any. I'm sure they would be willing to hire people to bring in things to study. Again, it was just an idea."

Zefir
2013-06-13, 01:48 AM
Front Desk

"Let's keep that as a backup idea. I can just hope this works out fine." Mr C says, taking a look around. As mentioned before things look differetn now so he takes close looks to get what it is.

Asha'man
2013-06-13, 11:21 PM
[Outside]

He sees a group of two protesting against the use of magic. As himself used magic he decided to avoid gaoing near them as he made his way inside the establishment.

[Reception]

As he enters he looks around for someone that works there and asks,

"Hello, is this where I can apply to enter Arcanum?"

For a physical description he looks exactly like my avatar without the white aura.

Deathkeeper
2013-06-20, 03:01 PM
Floor Six

Jace will be in his "new" office for anyone to ask or talk about things since Viera has gone and deadtimed the previous sequence.

Front Desk

"It seems a bit empty today. Do you want to try again another time?"

Zefir
2013-06-20, 03:30 PM
Front Desk

"That would be a nice idea."

Deathkeeper
2013-06-20, 03:31 PM
Front Desk

All right, then. Any other ideas?

Viera Champion
2013-06-20, 08:15 PM
Basement Floor 3- Necromancy Department

"That's opposite to me- fresh blood works best with Haemomancy, especially if it's warm. Though there's ways to keep it fresh for longer, and heating it is quite a simple charm." Sophie's hand is scarred and callused, as she cuts her hand to get blood quite regularly. Other parts of her body, too, but most often her hand.

Floor 10 - Breakthroughs

Cleosepha smiles back brightly. "Interesting. It's the reverse for me, as you seem to have guessed. Human for the most part. We've had powers in our family for a long time, though, on my mother's mother's side. It's been thinning out, actually. I couldn't do anything without study." Cleo shrinks down into a normal-sized Balinese cat for a few moments, and then returns to being human.
"I get that. No wings, weird human head. Good that you have a more open mind."
"Anyway, I'd guess since you say it's heritable, there'll be pretty obvious markers. You need cells from a normal human and a normal giant hawk to compare yours too. I don't know how you compare them, really. There's people who have decoded all the human DNA strands. I could maybe look into that. And there's probably a magic way to do it."

Gah. Forgot about this.

Jocelyn will work with Romeo to help they boy up. As she fumbles around, a small scroll falls out of her robe!

[Outside]

He sees a group of two protesting against the use of magic. As himself used magic he decided to avoid gaoing near them as he made his way inside the establishment.

[Reception]

As he enters he looks around for someone that works there and asks,

"Hello, is this where I can apply to enter Arcanum?"

For a physical description he looks exactly like my avatar without the white aura.

Maleficent smiles warmly.
It is a pleasure to have you working here. Is there anything you wish to accomplish here?

Floor 10 - Breakthroughs

Luro smiles broadly at Cleosepha.
That would be wonderful! Thank you so much for your help.
He looks very pleased and accidentally knocks something over in his glee.

Floor 6 - Department of Elemental Magicks

The boy is helped up.
Um... Are you all new employees? They sure hire quickly. I'm the Department Vice-Head on this floor.
He says, smiling proudly at his title.

Reception
Jace & Mr C

SURPRISE UNDEADTIME! Jeanine flicks her pen like a wand and the yucky deadtime ooze disappears into nothingness. Her slimy foe having been defeated, she smiles at Jace and Mr C.
Ah. Jace... and friend. How can I help you today?

Ashaman's Character

Jeanine, being the master of multitasking as she is, turns to the newcomer with a warm and welcoming smile that should make him feel at how.
Hello. What can I do for you today?

Recaiden
2013-06-20, 10:15 PM
[Floor 10 - Breakthrough's Department]

"Sure thing kid. I haven't helped you yet. Is tomorrow too soon to have a sample of hawk's DNA? I can get my own references tonight, I hope."
Noticing the lamp falling, Cleosepha holds out a hand and whistles, three sharp notes. It hangs in the air, and she picks it back it.
"Careful." She winks at Luro, and then goes to find a desk of her own.

Asha'man
2013-06-21, 12:53 AM
[Reception]

"Well I heard this organization researches magic. I myself use magic but I can't help but feel that there's something there I haven't tapped into yet. So I was wondering if I could join Arcanus as a member." Serph replies.

Earl of Purple
2013-06-21, 02:32 PM
Basement Floor 3

"I'm hoping to discover the route of Haemomantic Immortality. At the moment, I'm relying upon twice-monthly baths in a specially-prepared blood formula to maintain my youth and rejuvenate my body. Unfortunately, my body is developing a resistance to its effects and it's wearing off faster. I know that there's two possible routes- Prime Vampirism and transfiguring my body into a Blood Golem. I know more theory about the Prime Vampirism, as it's the more popular route though also has its own severe downsides." She looks at the vampire body on the table as she talks, hoping that Maleficent doesn't do that to every vampire she encounters.

Zefir
2013-06-22, 06:36 AM
Reception
Jace & Mr C

"He told me that there may be some work for me here, since the last job I did disapeared."

Deathkeeper
2013-06-22, 05:05 PM
Floor Six

"Yeah, I'm your new Department Head. Call me Jace."
"And I'm Zebes. If I'm his familiar, does that make me an unofficial VH?" the dragon says cheerily from Jace's hood.

Reception

Jace will let the receptionist answer Mr. C for now.

OrchestraHc
2013-06-22, 09:38 PM
[Floor Six]

"I am Elio Fabrizio," the old man says with a bow, "the young man at your side is Romeo Firé, my apprentice. I'm also a member of this floor, though he isn't, technically."

Romeo backs off quickly. "I'm very sorry sir," he says as he steps away from his own master's (official) superior.

Devixer
2013-06-22, 10:43 PM
She blinks, frowns, and grumbles about how she wants to do... thing.
After a grudging second, she reaches for her girlfriend's hand and starts heading for the elevator/stairs/thing.

Hildur takes Thyrza's hand and goes with her to however they go up.

Reposting these for Viera.

Viera Champion
2013-06-25, 07:09 PM
[Floor 10 - Breakthrough's Department]

"Sure thing kid. I haven't helped you yet. Is tomorrow too soon to have a sample of hawk's DNA? I can get my own references tonight, I hope."
Noticing the lamp falling, Cleosepha holds out a hand and whistles, three sharp notes. It hangs in the air, and she picks it back it.
"Careful." She winks at Luro, and then goes to find a desk of her own.

[Reception]

"Well I heard this organization researches magic. I myself use magic but I can't help but feel that there's something there I haven't tapped into yet. So I was wondering if I could join Arcanus as a member." Serph replies.

Basement Floor 3

"I'm hoping to discover the route of Haemomantic Immortality. At the moment, I'm relying upon twice-monthly baths in a specially-prepared blood formula to maintain my youth and rejuvenate my body. Unfortunately, my body is developing a resistance to its effects and it's wearing off faster. I know that there's two possible routes- Prime Vampirism and transfiguring my body into a Blood Golem. I know more theory about the Prime Vampirism, as it's the more popular route though also has its own severe downsides." She looks at the vampire body on the table as she talks, hoping that Maleficent doesn't do that to every vampire she encounters.

Reception
Jace & Mr C

"He told me that there may be some work for me here, since the last job I did disapeared."

Floor Six

"Yeah, I'm your new Department Head. Call me Jace."
"And I'm Zebes. If I'm his familiar, does that make me an unofficial VH?" the dragon says cheerily from Jace's hood.

Reception

Jace will let the receptionist answer Mr. C for now.

[Floor Six]

"I am Elio Fabrizio," the old man says with a bow, "the young man at your side is Romeo Firé, my apprentice. I'm also a member of this floor, though he isn't, technically."

Romeo backs off quickly. "I'm very sorry sir," he says as he steps away from his own master's (official) superior.

Luro blushes in embarrassment as she saves the lamp from its imminent death.
Thanks.

Reception
Jace & Mr C

Jeanine nods.
What exactly were you looking to do here?

Serph (Seraph?)

Jeanine smiles at him.
Why of course, that's what we do. Just fill this out!
She hands him an application.

Maleficent picks up a tooth she sawed out of the vampires mouth earlier and begins studying it through an eyepiece.
Immortality takes power, and lots of it, in my experiences, but I do suppose I have never tried it through Haemomancy.

Only halfway up, and without the support of Romeo to keep him there, Luke comedically tumbles face first onto the ground again.

Floor 3 - Alchemy Department

There are a bunch of chalk circles in the ground, some very intricate.

Asha'man
2013-06-25, 08:29 PM
[Reception]

Serph(I misspell at times) Fills in the form.

Name: Serph Oaruma
Title: Asha'man, Mael Haran, Pyromancer, Blademaster
Department: Elemental Dept.

Magical Skills: As an Asha'man I can manipulate the five powers: Fire, Earth, Wind, Water, Spirit. They are like the threads I use to weave magic. As a Pyromancer I have control over many different flames, magical or otherwise.

Magical Flaws: The magic of Saidin I use as an Asha'man is very seductive and unstable, I can cause harm to others and self if used in a weary state. This magic uses my stamina. The magic of Pyromancy I use as a Pyromancer is dangerous to my surroundings, the reason being I drain energy from external sources to perform this magic.

Extra: I believe I have yet to tap all my powers as of yet. There's a tugging feeling that something is missing, thus my reason for joining Arcanus. Also I simulate breathing but I don't need air..... I also lack a heartbeat.

He then hands his form to the receptionist.

Zefir
2013-06-26, 02:16 AM
Reception
Jace & Mr C

"Well, I was an adventurer in my past and thought you know something I could do. "

Earl of Purple
2013-06-26, 02:47 PM

"The magic from Haemomancy comes from the blood. It takes skill and knowledge more than power, but some of the blood will have to be my own and due to the power, I know I'll need virgin's blood for maximum efficacy and were I less moral I'd use a virgin's lifeblood, but dead bodies attract too much attention and it's rarely worth the effort to transfigure a bath full of blood into an acid potent enough to dispose of them. And murder is a sin." Sophie doesn't know Maleficent's opinion on murder for magic and this is as close as she's going to get to saying that she's killed to power her spells before.

Deathkeeper
2013-06-26, 02:52 PM
Reception

"He has experience hunting magic items. I thought the artifact department would appreciate someone to find samples."

Floor Six

Jace looks at the fallen boy. He must be really packing some magic to be vice-head with that mindset. That or he did what Jace did and pretended to be way more serious during his interview than he normally acts.
"Want me to fetch you a chair?"

MPG
2013-06-28, 11:04 AM
((Is Reinholdt's protest still around or should I just ignore their existence?))

A hooded figure slowly approaches the tower. His grey cloak held tightly around is body. The shadow of the hood obscures his face.

If unimpeded he will continue to walk towards the front door.

Recaiden
2013-06-30, 09:40 PM

Luro blushes in embarrassment as she saves the lamp from its imminent death.
Thanks.

"And we haven't even brought in any dangerous expensive stuff yet."

Cleo takes a seat at the desk and pulls a flute out from under it. That probably wasn't there before.

"I'm going to be cataloging my spells. You might want earplugs. Some of the songs are...harsh to listen to."

MPG
2013-07-08, 04:32 PM
The hooded figure walks into the lobby of the tower, he looks around for a moment and gives a unenthusiastic sigh. Without waiting for directions he walks straight up the stairs. Seems he isn't interested in filling out applications or gaining employment, at least not yet.

The cloaked man arrives the 6th floor. The hood seems to cover his face with shadow regardless of the room's lighting. He looks for someone who could help.
"Pardon me, this is the elemental department correct?"

Deathkeeper
2013-07-08, 05:10 PM
Sixth Floor

The man's response comes from a small gold-copper dragon currently hovering in front of him.
"It is at that. How may we assist you today?"
His tone seems half friendly teasing and half sincerity.

BladeofObliviom
2013-07-09, 11:36 AM
Outside

The protest outside may be met with an unexpected boon, as a small group of figures appear in the distance, approaching at a measured but speedy pace, wearing suits of heavy-looking plate armor emblazoned with the symbol of a downward-facing sword wreathed in blue flames. They're well-armed too, with sword, crossbow, and shield to a member. Their leader, a woman with braided, chocolate brown hair and piercing green eyes, strides toward the leader with a warm but neutral smile.

She's tall for a human by any standard, looking to stand at nearly two meters, and of a strong, muscular build, though the latter is largely hidden by the aforementioned Plate Armor. Her armaments, however, are slightly different from the rest of her company. She carries an enormous Hand-and-a-half Sword, etched with lyrium runes and forged from Fine Volcanic Aurum, and, very strangely, eschews a normal ranged weapon for a long rope and grappling hook.

At any rate, the woman approaches, with a soft, understated smile, and speaks.

"Greetings, Messere. Do you, too, oppose the flagrant abuses of magic practised in this heinous place?"

For their part, the Templars in the back mostly just seem to be standing at attention, unsure if something's going to happen or not, and also a bit nervous standing near what they imagine to be a Circle Tower lacking proper oversight.

MPG
2013-07-10, 09:43 AM
The man bows slightly, "Well met master dragon. My name is Sotek. I seek a safe place to practice my art. I had a bit of an incident when I first started magic. Not sure if this is the right place but I figured it was a good place to start."
Sotek pulls down his hood to reveal his cursed appearance: His skin is the colour of tarnished brass and his eyes, which seem to match, are a dark yellow on yellow-gold with strange hour-glass shaped pupils. Thin unkempt grey-white hair frames his gaunt facial features.

"And if I may say, it is nice to see an intelligent dragon again. In the last realm I visited dragons were nothing but angry lizards."

Deathkeeper
2013-07-10, 09:57 AM
"You're Welcome, I suppose. I don't think I've seen anyone with Raistlin's curse in a while.
And anyway, yes, it's pretty safe here. This floor is elementals. Is that your specialty?"
The pocket-dragon doesn't seem at all bothered by his appearance.

MPG
2013-07-10, 06:53 PM
((Yay :smallbiggrin: in the ten years, and many games, I've used this character, you are the first person to get that reference, have a cookie))

An eyebrow is raised when the little dragon mentions that he had seen a curse like this before, "I am not sure who this Raistlin is, but if he suffered from the same affliction as I, then I must say I'm intrigued."

As he continues Sotek reaches into his robes and pulls out a thick leather glove and places it over his left hand.

"Hmm, yes I suppose that elemental magic is my primary field of study with fire being my specialization. I've mastered a few minor spells of other elements as well."
He snaps his fingers, Ixen, and the glove erupts into flame. Gix The fire shrinks down and takes the form of a clawed hand.
After a second or two the smell of burning linen becomes detectable.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-10, 07:03 PM
Floor Six

"Oh, your magic works in Draconic? That's neat. And Yes. Krynn's magic history records it as having been applied to a female mage and then more famously used on Raistlin Majere a few centuries later. Just don't ever tell me how I look under those eyes.
He seems to pause for a moment or two.
"Anyway, my name is Zebes. I'm familiar to the head of the department, and he says he'll sign you up if you meet him in his office. That's over there."
He points to a door on the end of the hall, then flutters over, as if to land on Sotek's shoulder.
"May I?"

MPG
2013-07-11, 09:37 AM
[Floor 6]

"Indeed, the spells that I developed myself use draconic. The more standard ones can use basic arcane language or even common."
replies Sotek, who gives a bit of a flick of the wrist and releases a slow breath. Most of the flames dissipate.
Sotek nods to the request and then moves to allow the little dragon to land. However, smoke and a bit of fire still remains on his arm near his shoulder.
"It is good to meet you Zebes. I ... I'm still on fire aren't I?"
Sotek looks at to his side as his robes ignite again. His eyes go wide and he quickly slaps out the fire leaving his robe blackened. "Gods blast it, not again."

With an embarrassed sigh, Sotek again gestures that Zebes may land if he still wants to. He will then slowly walk towards the office.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-11, 09:50 AM
Floor Six

Zebes flutters over and with a raac! fixes some of the burn damage. He then hitches a ride to the office, whereupon he glides down to a wide basket filled with copper coins of various worlds sitting next to the desk. Said desk is occupied by a slim, brown haired man of about twenty years wearing blue. He looks up.
"Hello, Sotek. I'm Jacen, head of the department. Call me Jace. Just a bi of paperwork and I can get you signed up. You, er...look like you could use some training."

MPG
2013-07-12, 08:26 AM
Sotek nods a 'thank you' to Zebes as he approaches the office.

After entering, Sotek bows to Jace, "Well met Master Jace." He straightens and shrugs, "Yes I would suppose you are right, I still have much left to learn. I'm fairly confident in the strength of my spells but as my father would tell me, 'Power is meaningless without control'. I guess I will get that paperwork out of the way so I can start training as soon as possible."

Deathkeeper
2013-07-12, 08:40 AM
Floor Six

Jace shakes his head. "Don't bother with honorifics. I really prefer not to use them."
The forms are pretty basic, and mostly just ask for things like name, abilities, experience, previous education, and any other relevant information that should be noted. Sotek is provided a pen.

MPG
2013-07-12, 02:15 PM
"Very well."
Sotek takes the forms and the pen:
Name: Sotek
Abilities: Proficient with many cantrips and low level spells.
Has developed some fire and shadow based spells.
Very limited shape-shifting.
Some melee combat training.
... Etc ((not sure what else may be relevant, see profile (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15450153&postcount=849) for details, if something is not there just ask and I'll make something up.))

"Hmm" Sotek seems to consider something for a moment then passes in the paperwork."So, Jace, in your experience would you classify shadow manipulation as elemental or illusion magic?"

Viera Champion
2013-07-12, 08:49 PM
((Ah! I got the reference too.:smallredface:))

[Reception]

Serph(I misspell at times) Fills in the form.

Name: Serph Oaruma
Title: Asha'man, Mael Haran, Pyromancer, Blademaster
Department: Elemental Dept.

Magical Skills: As an Asha'man I can manipulate the five powers: Fire, Earth, Wind, Water, Spirit. They are like the threads I use to weave magic. As a Pyromancer I have control over many different flames, magical or otherwise.

Magical Flaws: The magic of Saidin I use as an Asha'man is very seductive and unstable, I can cause harm to others and self if used in a weary state. This magic uses my stamina. The magic of Pyromancy I use as a Pyromancer is dangerous to my surroundings, the reason being I drain energy from external sources to perform this magic.

Extra: I believe I have yet to tap all my powers as of yet. There's a tugging feeling that something is missing, thus my reason for joining Arcanus. Also I simulate breathing but I don't need air..... I also lack a heartbeat.

He then hands his form to the receptionist.

Reception
Jace & Mr C

"Well, I was an adventurer in my past and thought you know something I could do. "

"The magic from Haemomancy comes from the blood. It takes skill and knowledge more than power, but some of the blood will have to be my own and due to the power, I know I'll need virgin's blood for maximum efficacy and were I less moral I'd use a virgin's lifeblood, but dead bodies attract too much attention and it's rarely worth the effort to transfigure a bath full of blood into an acid potent enough to dispose of them. And murder is a sin." Sophie doesn't know Maleficent's opinion on murder for magic and this is as close as she's going to get to saying that she's killed to power her spells before.

Reception

"He has experience hunting magic items. I thought the artifact department would appreciate someone to find samples."

Floor Six

Jace looks at the fallen boy. He must be really packing some magic to be vice-head with that mindset. That or he did what Jace did and pretended to be way more serious during his interview than he normally acts.
"Want me to fetch you a chair?"

"And we haven't even brought in any dangerous expensive stuff yet."

Cleo takes a seat at the desk and pulls a flute out from under it. That probably wasn't there before.

"I'm going to be cataloging my spells. You might want earplugs. Some of the songs are...harsh to listen to."

Floor 1 - Reception
Serph

Jeanine looks over the application, nodding a bit.
Alright, that's all we need. Your department is on the sixth floor.

Jace & Mr C

Jeanine nods thoughtfully.
I'll put in a request. May take a day for them to consider the proposition and do all the necessary stuff, but I can't imagine the department would say no.

Basement 3 - Necromancy Department

Maleficent nods, obviously intrigued, though it's hard to tell whether or not she's intrigued by the magic or the person.
Fascinating. What are the limitations?
She asks, curiously digging for more info.

Luke gets up, shaking his head. He looks fitfully embarrassed.
No. I'm good. Thank you though. Sorry about that.
He says, quickly and in short sentences.

Luro nods in thanks for the warning, and puts his hands over his ears.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-12, 10:05 PM
"Very well."
Sotek takes the forms and the pen:
Name: Sotek
Abilities: Proficient with many cantrips and low level spells.
Has developed some fire and shadow based spells.
Very limited shape-shifting.
Some melee combat training.
... Etc ((not sure what else may be relevant, see profile (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15450153&postcount=849) for details, if something is not there just ask and I'll make something up.))

"Hmm" Sotek seems to consider something for a moment then passes in the paperwork."So, Jace, in your experience would you classify shadow manipulation as elemental or illusion magic?"

Floor Six

Jace takes the form.
"While not by most classifications an element, a shadow spell can often be as real as anything else, so I prefer not to call them illusions."

Beans
2013-07-12, 10:27 PM
[Floor 11]
Thryza and Hildur eventually arrive here for their meeting with Morgana!

Devixer
2013-07-12, 10:31 PM
Floor 11

Hildur spits out a bit of deadtime ooze before reaching around Thyrza's hips. "Ready?"

Zefir
2013-07-13, 06:56 AM
Floor 1 - Reception
Serph

Jeanine looks over the application, nodding a bit.
Alright, that's all we need. Your department is on the sixth floor.

Jace & Mr C

Jeanine nods thoughtfully.
I'll put in a request. May take a day for them to consider the proposition and do all the necessary stuff, but I can't imagine the department would say no.

Floor 1 - Reception
Jace & Mr C

"That was quiet easy." Mr. C says, but then drops down on his knees. He caughts hard due to the shock and appears exhausted by now.

"I think I need to get used to it first."

Deathkeeper
2013-07-13, 07:11 AM
Reception

Jace will help C stand if he needs it. How about we take you home for today?

Asha'man
2013-07-13, 07:40 AM
[Floor Six]

Serph makes his way to the sixth floor, somehow... without directions. Once there he looks around and introduces himself to anyone around. "Hello, I'm Serph Oaruma, at your service. I'll be a member of this department from now on." He then waits for someone to acknowledge his presence.

Zefir
2013-07-13, 08:27 AM
Reception

Mr. C will take the help.

"Yeah, that's best I think."

Earl of Purple
2013-07-13, 04:31 PM
Basement 3

"I fuel my spells with blood. No blood, no magic. I can use my own blood, but if I do it too often I can give myself anaemia. I can restore my own blood using Haemomancy, but it's an inefficient process and uses more blood than it restores." That's the major limitation, anyway. It's quite a versatile branch of magic, with offensive spells, healing spells, buffs and summons.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-13, 04:42 PM
Floor Six, (First)

Jace shrugs. "Well, okay. Well, if anyone needs me, you know where I am..." and thus will make his exit.

Reception

If C lets him, Jace will teleport back to the ESH. Jace can't 'port back to his specific room having only been there once.
(You can post there if you want or just say he calls it a day)

OrchestraHc
2013-07-14, 04:32 AM
Floor Six - Way earlier

[Floor Six]

Serph makes his way to the sixth floor, somehow... without directions. Once there he looks around and introduces himself to anyone around. "Hello, I'm Serph Oaruma, at your service. I'll be a member of this department from now on." He then waits for someone to acknowledge his presence.

Floor Six - Later

"What a pleasure it is Mr. Oaruma." A friendly looking old man says. Scratching his Merlinian beard he draws his apprentice, a long haired youth, forward. "I am Elio Fabrizio, former court mage of Agatello. This is my apprentice Romeo. We are your coworkers here."

Asha'man
2013-07-14, 09:32 AM
[Floor Six-Later]

Pleasure to meet your acquaintance Sir Fabrizio and you Sir Romeo. Might I ask what work our department is up to at the moment? Serph asks politely.

Recaiden
2013-07-14, 11:05 AM
[Floor 10]

Cleosepha starts writing something down, extremely quickly. Occasionally plays a short piece, which Luro is probably glad he can't hear fully. Occasionally the sound is more recognizably musical. Then back to writing. It goes on for a good while, and then Cleo goes to leave.

"Tomorrow, with blood for comparing." A wink at Luro, and out of the floor to head down and leave.

MPG
2013-07-15, 11:27 AM
Floor Six

Jace takes the form.
"While not by most classifications an element, a shadow spell can often be as real as anything else, so I prefer not to call them illusions."

"I'm glad you think so. I have been trying to develop some unique shadow spells but have had little success as of late. I would like to show you after I have trained a bit more. I guess I will go lock myself in a library and study for now. Fare you well Jace, Zebes..."
Sotek bows and as he turns to leave, tosses a couple copper coins into Zebes basket.

(( And into long term deadtime, thanks and bye))

OrchestraHc
2013-07-15, 12:55 PM
[Floor Six-Later]

Pleasure to meet your acquaintance Sir Fabrizio and you Sir Romeo. Might I ask what work our department is up to at the moment? Serph asks politely.

[Floor Six-Later]

"We happen to be going it on our own at the moment, but if you have any ideas for projects, just let the floor head know," Elio says. "Personally, I'd love a development wide project for our first job. It would really cement the department as a group."

Asha'man
2013-07-15, 05:53 PM
[Floor Six]

Floor head? the would be...? Seph asks, still with a lot of formality.

OrchestraHc
2013-07-15, 06:50 PM
"Jacen Vallram. Prefers Jace. Young man. Yea tall. Has a pet dragon. Office is over there..." Elio says in rapid pace. "You should really introduce yourself, get your name in the fishbowl, if you know what I mean."

Asha'man
2013-07-15, 11:05 PM
[Floor Six]

"I don't know about that. As the Department Head he'll have more important issues to attend to." He thinks for a bit. Speaking of issues to attend to, there were protesters just outside awhile ago. They may prove to be an annoyance later. Should we leave a surprise for them next time they visit?

OrchestraHc
2013-07-15, 11:56 PM
Floor Six

"He's actually quite personable." the old wizard says. Elio smirks when he hears about the protesters. "Actually I was concocting a few plans for having some fun with with them right now. Nothing violent naturally, all laughs here."

"He will probably not be so funny from his end, master," Romeo interjects, but his master explains.

"Every prank leaves someone feeling foolish and it isn't just one lone man anymore, lad, a small army of what seem to be anti-magic militants have joined. They may prove a danger if we don't shoo them off. I've little doubt elemental magic is the heaviest hitter. We should be the vanguard of this place. Don't you agree, Messer Oaruma?"

Asha'man
2013-07-16, 12:24 AM
[Floor Six]

"I'll introduce myself.... as soon as I find something useful to the growth of the elemental department." Serph smiles as Elio agrees with him. I completely agree Sir Fabrizio. I suggest a playful wind to make a commotion. Have one soldier think he got smacked in the back of the head by another here and there. They might even rout themselves. :smallamused: What about you Sir Fabrizio? Sir Romeo?

Zefir
2013-07-16, 01:05 AM
Floor Six, (First)

Jace shrugs. "Well, okay. Well, if anyone needs me, you know where I am..." and thus will make his exit.

Reception

If C lets him, Jace will teleport back to the ESH. Jace can't 'port back to his specific room having only been there once.
(You can post there if you want or just say he calls it a day)

Reception

Porting into a specific room without permission is impossible. The ESH tries to keep the privacy of the people. (And it's hard to know where to teleport when thingss indisde have different size.) So they go to ESH (I post soon)

OrchestraHc
2013-07-17, 03:33 AM
[Floor Six]

"I'll introduce myself.... as soon as I find something useful to the growth of the elemental department." Serph smiles as Elio agrees with him. I completely agree Sir Fabrizio. I suggest a playful wind to make a commotion. Have one soldier think he got smacked in the back of the head by another here and there. They might even rout themselves. :smallamused: What about you Sir Fabrizio? Sir Romeo?

[Floor Six]

"The same road, but a different direction." Elio says with a wink. "Sound travels through air, you know, so if we still the air just so, we could quiet them down. Make them yell just to hear a whisper. How about you lad, I know you've just thought something up."

"Heat and water magic," Romeo says, sounding a bit ashamed. "You... We could raise the humidity so high they end up swimming in their own armor. Make them so hot, sweaty, and uncomfortable they want to leave."

"Subtle, scientific, clever, and a touch mean," Elio says wrapping an arm around his apprentice, "By the Fruit, you will become a wizard yet!"

Asha'man
2013-07-17, 03:38 AM
[Floor Six]

"Well then, shall we go? I shall follow your lead." says Serph as he had been only in the establishment for a short while and thus doesn't know the ins and outs of the place.

Reinholdt
2013-07-18, 06:36 PM
Outside

The protest outside may be met with an unexpected boon, as a small group of figures appear in the distance, approaching at a measured but speedy pace, wearing suits of heavy-looking plate armor emblazoned with the symbol of a downward-facing sword wreathed in blue flames. They're well-armed too, with sword, crossbow, and shield to a member. Their leader, a woman with braided, chocolate brown hair and piercing green eyes, strides toward the leader with a warm but neutral smile.

She's tall for a human by any standard, looking to stand at nearly two meters, and of a strong, muscular build, though the latter is largely hidden by the aforementioned Plate Armor. Her armaments, however, are slightly different from the rest of her company. She carries an enormous Hand-and-a-half Sword, etched with lyrium runes and forged from Fine Volcanic Aurum, and, very strangely, eschews a normal ranged weapon for a long rope and grappling hook.

At any rate, the woman approaches, with a soft, understated smile, and speaks.

"Greetings, Messere. Do you, too, oppose the flagrant abuses of magic practised in this heinous place?"

For their part, the Templars in the back mostly just seem to be standing at attention, unsure if something's going to happen or not, and also a bit nervous standing near what they imagine to be a Circle Tower lacking proper oversight.

Outside

"Of course. Magic is a dangerous abomination. Would you like a sign?"

Just in case the woman wasn't sure, the proffered sign indeed states exactly that. 'Magic is a dangerous abomination'. It's a well made wooden sign. If protest guy wasn't so busy protesting things, he'd probably make a rather good living off sign making.

OrchestraHc
2013-07-20, 02:04 AM
[Floor Six]

"Well then, shall we go? I shall follow your lead." says Serph as he had been only in the establishment for a short while and thus doesn't know the ins and outs of the place.

[Floor Six -> Lobby]

"Alright." Elio says leading the path to the ele-porters down to the lobby. Upon reaching it, the mage then pull what seems to be a small set of light, plastic patio furniture from his sleeves, which themselves seem to expand for the size of whatever he's pulling out at that moment. "No sense being uncomfortable as we do this," he says, setting himself down on a fold out lawn chair. "Who wants to go first?"

Asha'man
2013-07-20, 02:20 AM
[Lobby]

Serph makes himself comfortable as well. "I will." He looks outside at the gathered mass of protestors who he sees to be armed to the teeth as well as armored. He raised his hands making some movements, it was more of a habitual gesture than anything else. He made inverted, thus hidden, weaves of air. He sends the weaves over to the protesters. Each one there should feel a pinch, push, shove or trip, etc from the wind hitting the head, arm, leg or back. This was made specifically to make them think that the person next to or behind them had hit them for no reason.