PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for running/recruiting for VOIP games

JusticeZero
2013-05-08, 10:48 PM
Trying to run this game for my old friends, but i'm having a hard time getting as many players as I feel comfortable with. (Too few and the chemistry fizzles.)
Any suggestions on how to run an online voice game? Separately, any ideas how to fill the group out a bit more?

LimeSkeleton
2013-05-09, 05:06 PM
I'd suggest using Skype and Roll20, which is an amazing online tabletop program that I've used several times and is 100% free. It lets you play music, access a whole bunch of tiles/pictures and maintain a journal right on the same screen. (They also recently added 3D dice rolls!) :smallbiggrin:
It has a lot of free storage space and players just need to set up a free account and they can join your game easily.
As for finding players for your game, have a look at the "looking for a GM" section of the forums under "play by post", I'm sure there's plenty of people looking for an online voice game there.

JusticeZero
2013-05-09, 05:59 PM
I have access to a Ventrilo server, was using rolz. org for dice and Google docs for maps and sheets. It's other issues I'm worried about.

Icewraith
2013-05-09, 06:44 PM
Other issues like?

JusticeZero
2013-05-10, 12:35 AM
Not talking over each other, and the awkward silences when i'm shuffling notes and checking what is up next for one thing.