PDA

View Full Version : A TWF feat [feat]

Were-Sandwich
2006-11-26, 02:03 PM
Two Weapon Warrior [Tactical]

You are trained at using two weapons for defence as well as offence.

Prerequisites: Dex 17, Dodge, Two Weapon Fighting, Improved Two Weapon Fighting, Two Weapon Defence, Improved Disarm

Benefit: This feat grants you the use of two tactical manoeuvres. You must be using two weapons to use the benefits of this feat:

Fettering Assault: You use your offhand to make darting, distracting feints against your opponent, forcing him to defend himself against attacks from two angles. When you make a Full Attack against your dodge opponent (and only your dodge opponent), you may give up all your offhand attacks. If you do, you treat your opponent as flanked for the first attack of the full attack, although you still take penalties as if you had attacked with your offhand weapon.

Blade Catcher: You can use pronged weapons to catch and disarm your opponents weapon as he attacks you. When wielding a light weapon that gives a bonus on disarm checks in your offhand and making a full attack against your dodge opponent (and only your dodge opponent), you may give up all your offhand attacks. If you do, you may, as an immediate action in response to your dodge target’s melee attack, make a disarm attempt at your highest attack bonus against him, targeting the weapon he is attacking you with.

Thoughts? Its for a pre-gen character I'm making for a Con game I'm running, who uses a Katana and a Jitte.

icke
2006-11-27, 06:36 AM
Woah, great! I already see all those two-dagger rogues doing the Fettering Assault, gaining 3 sneak attacks against every opponent they face... Think You should change that...

Also, for the Blade Catcher, You should make Improved Disarm a prerequisite...

The rest seems fine... I quite like the idea, actually.

Golthur
2006-11-27, 10:38 AM
Woah, great! I already see all those two-dagger rogues doing the Fettering Assault, gaining 3 sneak attacks against every opponent they face... Think You should change that...
Agreed. Fettering Assault is very strong for one use of a tactical feat. It's still strong if it were its own feat.

Maybe change it to effectively flanked for the first attack of the full attack sequence? That way, they'd get one sneak attack (with no flanker required), plus two regular shots. Even with this, it's still strong for a use of a tactical feat, simply because - can you think of a situation where a TWF rogue wouldn't do it each round?

Were-Sandwich
2006-11-27, 10:57 AM
If they are already in an SA situation? Meh, I'll change it. But Blade Catcher is OK, yes?

Captain van der Decken
2006-11-27, 11:10 AM
Blade Catcher looks good, but what if your dodge target hits you? Seems more like you would disarm them before they hit you.

Golthur
2006-11-27, 11:12 AM
If they are already in an SA situation? Meh, I'll change it. But Blade Catcher is OK, yes?
Let's see. You're giving up your off-hand attacks to get a disarm attempt at your highest BAB? I'd say it's fine, assuming you're giving up more than one attack - so Improved or Greater TWF, which you've already got as a prerequisite. The only thing I'd add is Improved Disarm, to prove you've got your disarming chops, and to prevent the whole AoO/reactive disarm in the middle of your attack sequence rule mess.

icke
2006-11-29, 09:05 AM
Maybe change it to effectively flanked for the first attack of the full attack sequence? That way, they'd get one sneak attack (with no flanker required), plus two regular shots. Even with this, it's still strong for a use of a tactical feat, simply because - can you think of a situation where a TWF rogue wouldn't do it each round?

It is even strong for a regular feat since, from the point of the rogue, it replaces one: Improved Feint allows you one sneak attack at an opponent as a full-round action(move action: feint , standard action: attack). The Fettering Assault is even better, allowing two extra attacks.

Yes, I know that "flanked" and "no DEX-bonus" aren't the same, but for this purpose they fulfill the same role.

Golthur
2006-11-29, 10:23 AM
It is even strong for a regular feat since, from the point of the rogue, it replaces one: Improved Feint allows you one sneak attack at an opponent as a full-round action(move action: feint , standard action: attack). The Fettering Assault is even better, allowing two extra attacks.

Yes, I know that "flanked" and "no DEX-bonus" aren't the same, but for this purpose they fulfill the same role.
I didn't think of that, but you're absolutely correct. It's also automatic, instead of requiring an opposed Bluff check like Improved Feint.