PDA

View Full Version : Warforged dwarves?

sambouchah
2013-05-09, 02:40 PM
I feel like I've seen it somewhere before, a warforged dwarf. But I can't remember where. Can anyone help me out or am I just imagining this?

Thanks, Sam

Swaoeaeieu
2013-05-09, 02:48 PM
A far as i know you got standart warforged (human shaped). There are WF scouts (skinny). WF chargers (large gorrila like) and WF titans (very big war machines). Never heard of a dwarf sized warforged.

A dwarf could however change himself into a warforged with the renegade mastermaker class. So then he would be a dwarf shaped warforged.

But keep in mind that i am often wrong. In case i am, the playground is sure to let me know.

XionUnborn01
2013-05-09, 02:54 PM
Are you maybe thinking of the Dwarf Ancestor from MM IV? They're dwarves made of rock and outsiders....other than that I've got no idea.

dantiesilva
2013-05-09, 04:15 PM
Or even the PrC stonelord from RoS that turns any class for all purposes into either a dwarf gnome, or goliath.

Deadline
2013-05-09, 04:23 PM
Or even the PrC stonelord from RoS that turns any class for all purposes into either a dwarf gnome, or goliath.

You mean Stoneblessed? That only works for Humanoids, Monstrous Humanoids, and Giants. Warforged (Constructs) don't qualify to take the PrC.

dantiesilva
2013-05-09, 11:56 PM
Stoneblessed yes thank you. But there is a class, as well as a template that can make a warforged lose the construct template (not sure what) thus allowing you to take it. Is it doable yes, advised no.

Swaoeaeieu
2013-05-10, 06:09 AM
Stoneblessed yes thank you. But there is a class, as well as a template that can make a warforged lose the construct template (not sure what) thus allowing you to take it. Is it doable yes, advised no.
Reforged turns a warforged into a normal person in 3 levels.
Any contruct type creature, including warforged, can get a magic person to cast incarnate construct on them. Thus gaining the Incarnate construct template, turning the construct into a flesh version of it.

But still no dwarf warforged...

dantiesilva
2013-05-10, 07:35 AM
If reforged turns it into a normal person then it would gain the humanoid template thus able to take Stoneblessed PrC becoming a dwarf warforged.

Chronos
2013-05-10, 09:12 AM
Reforged doesn't turn you into a humanoid, it just makes you a squishier warforged. You still have the Construct type.

Thrice Dead Cat
2013-05-10, 12:27 PM
You could also be a dwarf with 10 levels in Renegade Mastermaker, turning you into a not-quite-warforged.

Urpriest
2013-05-10, 02:59 PM
To try to be helpful here, you're almost certainly thinking of Warforged Scouts (MMIII). They're more like warforged halflings than warforged dwarves, though.

gurgleflep
2013-05-10, 03:24 PM
You could always go to the homebrew section and see if they could brew one up for ya.

Lord Haart
2013-05-10, 03:28 PM
Now i wonder if it's possible to take both Reforged and Renegade Mastermaker, in any order. There are people who can't help but swing both ways.

Marnath
2013-05-10, 03:31 PM
Are you thinking of this (http://butterfrog.deviantart.com/art/Guard-127033130?q=gallery%3Abutterfrog%2F5929482&qo=119) piece of art on deviantart by chance?

Invader
2013-05-10, 04:26 PM
Why can't it be as simple as being a Warforged that looks like a dwarf? As far as I know there's no crunch or fluff for that matter that says a Warforged can't look like another race.

Problem solved :smallamused: