PDA

View Full Version : Fun with ForestKith Tree Shape?

CyberThread
2013-05-09, 02:40 PM
Tree Shape (Su): A forestkith goblin can change form
into a small tree, shrub, or limb, equivalent to the tree shape
spell as cast by a 12th-level druid. A forestkith goblin
typically uses this ability at or near daybreak as a form of
camoufl age, due to its dislike for daylight.
A goblin cannot dismiss this effect, but it ends automatically
at sunset or if the goblin takes damage.

Besides being the best lil tree you could be, does it count as an SLA or as a shaping ability making it open to things like warshaper?

Fouredged Sword
2013-05-09, 02:55 PM
Yes, but the use would be limited. You would heal quickly in tree shape, but that is about it.

CyberThread
2013-05-09, 03:25 PM
The idea is not to use tree shape to be the ultimate tree

but to use it to qualify for things like warshaper,if it counts as a shaping affect and not as an SLA .

soveliss24
2013-05-09, 03:38 PM
Yes, you might be able to qualify, but if I remember Warshaper right your abilities would only work while you were IN that tree shape. Oh, you have improved reach? Well, you still can't attack. You're a tree. Not treant. Tree.

CyberThread
2013-05-09, 05:11 PM
you know funny enough....according to tree shape, you are still fully aware of things and all that, and it says nothing about unable to cast spells or the like...

So a 10th or 11th level beguiler, could use the feats they gain (still spell, and silent spell) and cast ...

OMg...

1. Go to a public park .. become a tree..

2. Wait for folks to gather for a picnic

3. Cast the spell incite riot

4. The tree giggles at the sudden implosion of fighting

Saintheart
2013-05-09, 10:06 PM
I know nothing about this topic, I just wanted to register that I keep seeing the title of this article as "Fun with Foreskin Tree Shape". That's all. :smalleek: :smallwink:

Fyermind
2013-05-09, 10:56 PM
so if your forestkith goblin was a psion their only downside would be being unable to move, while having the advantage of perfect camouflage. I like it.

CyberThread
2013-05-09, 11:19 PM
hahahaha...oh gods I rolled over dead laughing

supermonkeyjoe
2013-05-10, 04:40 AM
so if your forestkith goblin was a psion their only downside would be being unable to move, while having the advantage of perfect camouflage. I like it.

It doesn't say the tree cannot be moved, you just have a speed of 0, be an elocater and manifest a speed increasing power and you can be a hovering psychic tree, until you take damage that is :p

CyberThread
2013-05-10, 11:51 PM
So we now, have a floating tree, that can do psi spells, and fling things ?