PDA

View Full Version : Frazetta Frenzy!

Suteinu
2013-05-09, 03:09 PM
I'm trying to design a level 8 warrior based on the incomperable Mr. Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer paintings. He will advance to 12th lev, possibly onward. I've been thinking in terms of Fighter, but as I continued the design I saw need for some Berbarian, and just as I reconciled THAT I started thinking Warblade!

Please, Giants! Help me find out who the Death Dealer really is!

P.S.: I figure at some point, just from looking at him, that he should be able to make Warduke think twice!

Callin
2013-05-09, 03:13 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mOzShHG7Ru0/S-k8_kFOk-I/AAAAAAAAA4k/x6ELELsBsko/s1600/deathdealerII.jpg

That image right there screams Warblade

soveliss24
2013-05-09, 03:15 PM
It screams Barbarian to me. Maybe Frenzied Berserker.

Suteinu
2013-05-09, 06:54 PM
Y'see what I'm up against here?

He aught to be a Charger/AoO, I think; rush in brutally and fast, then act like a vorpal blender... terrifying all who must wait their turn to attack ("Uh, you go next. I've got yer back!")

Callin
2013-05-09, 09:31 PM
ok go warblade for the charging Maneuvers and do 2 levels of barb for pounce and Whirling Frenzy and Wolf Totem. At lvl 5 (Warblade 3/Barb 2) with Battle Leaders Charge and Whirling Frenzy, if you can work Combat Expertise into your build you can grab Knockdown as well and ROFLSTOMP something with 3 attacks if you knock it down on the first or second attack.

Then just stand there and pile up the bodies.

Suteinu
2013-05-13, 08:39 AM
The Current Plan:

Bbn 1: Lion Spirit totem (Pounce), Rage
Bbn 2: Wolf totem (Imp Trip)
Ftr 1
Ftr 2: Dungeon Crasher 1
Ftr 3: Zhentarim Soldier 1
Ftr 4
Ftr 5: Zhentarim Soldier 2
Ftr 6: Dungeon Crasher 2

Fts: Power Attack, Imp. Init, Imt Trip, Imp. Bullrush, Combat Reflexes, Shocktrooper

From here on, build as a Warblade. Look to get Combat Brute & Extra Rage. Thoughts?

Slipperychicken
2013-05-13, 12:45 PM
The glowing red eyes say Paladin of Slaughter, although that could be problematic for playing in a party.

I could also see a CE Crusader, because this guy is definitely more tanky than quick, the sort of guy who could fight for weeks on end without giving in. Also because I just can't imagine him ever needing healing from someone else, he definitely gains rejuvenation from dark powers. Totally self-sufficient. Martial stance will provide all the out-of-combat healing he needs, devoted spirit maneuvers cover in-combat healing.

Horse could be acquired through Wild Cohort.

Weapon is obviously a battleaxe, one-handed when using a shield at low levels, two-handed otherwise. Also keep a black lance around for those juicy mounted charge bonuses. I imagine it's a +1 Wrathful Healing Battleaxe, just to show off how little he cares about your attacks. Armor is a chain shirt or breastplate.

Race is either human or tiefling. Possibly a template like Shadow Creature or Dark Creature. He could also have Tomb-Tainted Soul feat (mostly for flavor, also so you can get something to inflict negative energy and heal you, and eat a succubus' energy drain like it's no-one's business).

From here on, build as a Warblade. Look to get Combat Brute & Extra Rage. Thoughts?

He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who plays baseball with enemies. More like the kind to cut them down with a minimum of nonsense and a maximum of grim darkness.