PDA

View Full Version : Assassins 2: Electric Bugaloo

Maximus:Ranger
2013-05-09, 04:01 PM
So my party has fled to the far East looking for a change in scenery and to escape the cult that has taken over both the North and the West. Little do they expect the den of thieves and cutthroats that dwell within the walls of the Jade city have been offered bags of gold for their capture of demise. I've already got some devious plans for would-be assassins :smallamused: like a merchant with deadly wares, a geisha with a penchant for poisons and (of course) ninjas but I thought I'd turn to the playground for some devious and entertaining ideas for eastern style assassins. So how about it, help a dm out??

LimeSkeleton
2013-05-09, 05:01 PM
Perhaps those geisha women could steal valuable items and have them replaced with convincing fakes that have little worth?

A rich merchant prince who seemingly is interested in hiring the group for some work, but is in reality in contact with the group's enemies and tricks them into willingly going somewhere dangerous (i.e. a fetch quest to an old, abandoned monastery) and tips off the people that want to capture them.

Water_Bear
2013-05-11, 10:18 PM
Ninjas suddenly appearing to attack the party? It's a classic for a reason; Ninjas are super badass, whether played as more historical assassins or as pastel-colored wire-fu martial artists.

I also have this weird compulsion as a DM that makes me include timed explosives or collapsing buildings in most of the "'climactic" combats I run, and your description made me think "Assassins wait until the PCs are engaged fighting in a wooden building and then firebomb the place, forcing them to fight their way out through the flames before it collapses." Personally I love it, but again it's kind of a theme for me and might not work for other people.

Slipperychicken
2013-05-12, 01:36 AM
"Assassins wait until the PCs are engaged fighting in a wooden building and then firebomb the place, forcing them to fight their way out through the flames before it collapses." Personally I love it, but again it's kind of a theme for me and might not work for other people.

Seems like one way to showcase how pissed off the assassins' (and their employers) are, through their single-minded determination to kill these PCs. This isn't just another killing. These guys are willing to burn a building, destroy everything inside, kill everyone inside, kill people outside the building by having it collapse on then, and potentially burn half the city down. They're willing to do all that mayhem and tank their chances of getting into heaven just to kill the PCs.