PDA

View Full Version : Companion boooks of D&D

RisingApe
2013-05-09, 05:23 PM
Good day. I'm a newbie in the roleplaying business and I have been hoarding several books to be able to create a nice campaing for my players.

Between this books (which are Eberron campaing setting, Mystara almanacs, 3.5 player handbook and city life) I read a couple of years ago a book or couple of books that really picked my interest but I have been unable to find them, mainly because I forgot the name of them

The thing that I most remember are the NPC character generation, specifically 4 types:

-- A northen smith with a half elf son. The story goes that he, with amazing blind luck managed to adquire an anvil, a worshop and a beautiful elven maiden but she was killed when their son was 5 because blind bigotry.

-- A halfling with an outstanding brewery with all kind of liquours and a detailed explanation of his dealings and family realtionship.

-- A blind carpenter with a elven wife that was in fact, a member of royalty.

-- A pair of feuding of... paperworkers? Ink-sellers? that were opposite of each other (lawful good-lawful evil) that worked together for a couple of years before their business method pretty much exploded epically and while living in the same city they are in a cold war of whom can sell the best paper, ink and other writting implements.

It had some good characters and I liked the feel of the village(s), so if any of you had read or got the books, if you could tell me their names, I will be very grateful