PDA

View Full Version : 2650 to spend on consumables. Advice

killem2
2013-05-09, 08:07 PM
With my new character I'm going to try and RP my old characters money out of the team, to help the team.

Limitations: Arcane spells up to 5th level and divine up to 3rd.

Level - Race - Class

- Level 2 Petal Psion
- Level 3 Half Giant Psychic Warrior
- Level 3 Ghost Elf Wizard
- Level 3 Elf Rogue
- Level 1 Goliath Barbarian / Level 3 Fighter

Details: Cave like area, contains dragonspawns, medium dragons, possible half dragons, and kobolds out the wooza.

Dungeon ways are around 15 wide, 20ft tall a most.

Let me know if there is anything else you need.

137beth
2013-05-09, 08:13 PM
With my new character I'm going to try and RP my old characters money out of the team, to help the team.
Huh? Could you clarify this?

killem2
2013-05-09, 08:21 PM
Huh? Could you clarify this?

Well, i have a new character, through careful knowledge of what I already knew meeting up with these people, I can sherlock holmes may way into convincing the party that the money is better used for this next adventure.

ArcturusV
2013-05-09, 08:31 PM
Meaning you're trying to con the party into giving up the loot they got off your corpse to buy consumable items for your new character? Sounds like a good idea in general.

On the cheap items I'd probably throw out something like Scrolls of Sleep. For 25 GP you can shut down 8 Kobolds in an encounter with some decent chances. So always a good deal unless you are dealing with HD advanced Kobolds. If you DM likes to pad out Action Economy when fighting Dragons by tossing in some kobolds that can really change the equation in a simple, easy way.

Usual culprits still apply of course. Scrolls with spells that you may not necessarily want unless you really need it. Identify, Read Magic, Knock, etc. All cheap enough that it should be able to fit comfortably in your budget.

killem2
2013-05-09, 08:32 PM
Meaning you're trying to con the party into giving up the loot they got off your corpse to buy consumable items for your new character? Sounds like a good idea in general.

No, pretty much to bring them up to my level of optimization, i'm a dungeon crasher, and I took ever advantage I could find :).

ArcturusV
2013-05-09, 08:35 PM
Oh, reminds me, something that's saved me a lot of headaches in my days:

Scrolls of Augury.

It's such a simple spell, but when you need it, you need it. When people get hung up on what to do or start playing the "Can we outguess the DM?" game, it untangles that knot really quickly.

killem2
2013-05-09, 09:19 PM
And yes these are Kobolds with class levels. easily 4hd or more. :(

Sylthia
2013-05-09, 09:29 PM
Buying a wand of Cure Light Wounds can help with out of combat healing? Who is the one in your party that has access to divine spells?

Dusk Eclipse
2013-05-09, 09:47 PM
Wand of Lesser vigour is much more cost efficient for out of combat healing.

killem2
2013-05-09, 09:52 PM
Buying a wand of Cure Light Wounds can help with out of combat healing? Who is the one in your party that has access to divine spells?

Only the rogue can activate that stuff via UMD :( And he has that already. I'm just terrified of breathe weapons myself lol

Gnome Alone
2013-05-09, 10:36 PM
2650 on consumables... You could always get really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, reaaaaaaaaaaaaally drunk.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-05-09, 10:38 PM
Obligatory link to Shax's Indispensable Haversack (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148101).

avr
2013-05-10, 02:20 AM
With all these breath weapons about, resist energy is a no-brainer. If you can get access to the ranger version, a wand is within your budget.

prufock
2013-05-10, 06:50 AM
A flask of Sovereign Glue always comes in handy, even if you can't afford the Salve of Slipperiness to go along with it.

Muggins
2013-05-10, 08:18 AM
Might I suggest the Dust of Sneezing and Choking, a cursed item costing 2,400gp, from the DMG?

It might not be as useful as some of the other items here, but hitting all creatures in a 20ft spread with a no-save, 5d4 round stunning effect has its uses.

Fouredged Sword
2013-05-10, 12:45 PM
240lbs of shapesand.

Shelter, Check, make it form a steel box. Ready made fortification.

Climbing, make a ladder.

Crevice, make a bridge.

Make armor, make walls,

It turns itself into a wagon or into easy to carry loads for each character.

ANY MUNDANE OBJECT UNDER 240lbs!

TuggyNE
2013-05-10, 06:34 PM
Might I suggest the Dust of Sneezing and Choking, a cursed item costing 2,400gp, from the DMG?

It might not be as useful as some of the other items here, but hitting all creatures in a 20ft spread with a no-save, 5d4 round stunning effect has its uses.

With the remaining 250gp, you can get a nice big lot of gruyere or roquefort, eh? :smalltongue: