PDA

View Full Version : How much context do post reports have?

TuggyNE
2013-05-10, 03:18 AM
OK, I'm pretty sure they have a direct link to the thread, and of course the name of the reporter, but I'm curious whether consecutive reports (of different posts in the same thread, or of different threads, or whatever) share much context in general.

For one thing, are my little jokes being noticed?? :smalltongue: :smallwink:

The Dark Fiddler
2013-05-10, 05:23 AM
If I remember correctly from what's been said in the past, each thread reported gets its own sort-of-thread in a secret mod-only part of the forum where all the reports go to... though it may just be each post gets its own thread.

I hope jokes get noticed, that's how I deal with the monotony of reporting spambots!

horngeek
2013-05-10, 06:51 AM
Heh. Actually, on a related note, is it okay if the report has a humorous tone as long as it contains all relevant info?

Rawhide
2013-05-10, 06:56 AM
Heh. Actually, on a related note, is it okay if the report has a humorous tone as long as it contains all relevant info?

No. We mods are humourless people. We never make jokes, and we certainly never laugh at them.

Zherog
2013-05-10, 08:43 AM
No. We mods are humourless people. We never make jokes, and we certainly never laugh at them.

Well, obviously. Robots don't laugh. Yet.

I also try to inject some humor into my reports; I also sign them all, even though I know my name appears in the email / post generated by the report.

Razanir
2013-05-10, 01:29 PM
Well, obviously. Robots don't laugh. Yet.

The mods are not robots!

Zherog
2013-05-10, 01:30 PM
That's just what they want you to think...

Seerow
2013-05-10, 02:57 PM
That's just what they want you to think...

For some reason I thought you were a mod.

Are you really just a robot?

Zherog
2013-05-10, 04:12 PM
For some reason I thought you were a mod.

Bwahahahaha! Like Roland would trust me with the keys to the kingdom...

Are you really just a robot?

No comment.

Rockphed
2013-05-11, 12:55 AM
No comment.

You are obviously a tall glass of a frosty beverage. It is a well known fact that tall glasses of frosty beverage are very convincing. I am just glad you use your powers for good.

And I take Rawhide's post as a request for lighthearted commentary to lighten up the hum-drum of spam reports. Or, perhaps, as an admission that there is no mind control citizen. Go back to your fun.

Temotei
2013-05-11, 01:10 AM
And I take Roland's post as a request for lighthearted commentary to lighten up the hum-drum of spam reports. Or, perhaps, as an admission that there is no mind control citizen. Go back to your fun.

Poor Roland and Rawhide getting mixed up with each other. :smallfrown:

ChristianSt
2013-05-11, 03:44 AM
It seems that I have a totally different approach to that than many others here.
If I report something, I kinda try to boil it down to the essential, so that I don't waste the time of any mods involved [btw: to all mods, thanks for your awesome work!].
For the pretty obvious Spam-bots that manage to get through from time to time, my report only consist of "Spam".

horngeek
2013-05-11, 04:38 AM
It seems that I have a totally different approach to that than many others here.
If I report something, I kinda try to boil it down to the essential, so that I don't waste the time of any mods involved [btw: to all mods, thanks for your awesome work!].
For the pretty obvious Spam-bots that manage to get through from time to time, my report only consist of "Spam".

I tend to do the same.

...I've been tempted to post a url of the Spam Song once or twice, though.

TuggyNE
2013-05-11, 05:48 AM

Well, I don't give them seventeen paragraphs of chatty complaints, certainly, but I usually put 5-50 words of varying interest in there. Always clear, hopefully sometimes amusing. :smallwink:

Renegade Paladin
2013-05-11, 11:28 AM
Speaking of, there's at least half a dozen spambot threads on the first page of Arts and Crafts right now, all several days old, all reported. No rush, just saying. :smallwink:

137beth
2013-05-11, 08:02 PM
For complete obvious spam-bots
(i.e. the account's only post, or one of only two, both advertising a product on an external site...)
I just usually write something simple like "spam-bot" or "pure spam."

For reporting posts by human users, I sometimes write a little more.

Roland St. Jude
2013-05-12, 10:06 AM
Speaking of, there's at least half a dozen spambot threads on the first page of Arts and Crafts right now, all several days old, all reported. No rush, just saying. :smallwink:That's exceptionally helpful, thanks!

Flame of Anor
2013-05-14, 02:26 AM
>.>

<.<

...banana!

hides from mods

Rawhide
2013-05-14, 08:02 AM
>.>

<.<

...banana!

hides from mods