PDA

View Full Version : Wereswarm, hybrid form?

marcielle
2013-05-10, 08:37 AM
I remember reading long ago that the PF rules on swarm and lycanthrope templates allowed them to be used simultaneously, since an 'insert animal' swarm is counted as an animal. Assuming this is true, what would the hybrid form be like? Would random patches of the person fly off to form a small circling cloud of swarm? Would it be a swarm in the shape of the base humanoid? Insane ideas and wild imaginations welcome.:smallsmile:

Vultawk
2013-05-10, 08:58 AM
I'd imagine it'd appear something like a Worm that walks, or (if comic books are your thing) the Spider-Man villain Swarm. Man-shaped swarm.

Amnestic
2013-05-10, 09:04 AM
I'd make it a swarm in the shape of the base creature personally. Which makes it all the more awkward if you do the Crow Swarm were-creature, since then it's a bunch of birds flapping about in place in the shape of a person.

Chronos
2013-05-10, 10:42 AM
Which makes it all the more awkward...
You misspelled "awesome".

Blackhawk748
2013-05-10, 12:20 PM
i figure that the swarm would be in the standard Hybrid form except that its made of the constituent creatures. EX a wereswarmlocust would look like a the Hybrid Werelocust except that its made of hundreds of tiny locusts.

so in short it would look freakin sweet

MrNobody
2013-05-10, 12:45 PM
Maybe you could make this wereswarm look like a normal lycantrope for the animal in question, just a little smaller and thinner since part of his body is morphed in diminutive animals that walks on him (like a wererat with little mices that randomly come out of his fur).

Otherwise, it could be a normal swarm, but made of tiny little versions of the base humanoid! (so a human wererat swarm would have a human form, a rat swarm form and a form of a swarm made of rat-sized humans).

Fibinachi
2013-05-10, 12:48 PM
What it looks like?
It looks like terror.
Congratulations! In many, many months my ravished psyche might once again be able to rest but until then, all I can see behind my eyelids are the thousand ravishing fangs of minuscule werewolves, rolling like a carpet across the landscape. It's like a grey goo scenario, except I guess we have to call it "Grey Fur" scenario now.

"Okay, I attack the hooded criminal"
"You hit. As your sword cuts through the thin black robe, it falls to the ground midst a swarm of tiny werewolves. They howl and scream and boil towards you, a thousand thousand tiny wolves waiting to rip you to shreds"
[Players stare at DM]
"Roll to resist the swarmthrope infection. Ah. That's a fail. Your friends watch helplessly as you melt away into tiny werewolves. The end has come"
"Dude, **** your games"

Uncle Pine
2013-05-10, 12:48 PM
I believe Tome of Magic has a description of a were-crow-swarm. In hybrid form, it should be something like a "normal" creature with crows that move under his skin. However, I believe this (http://www.weregeek.com/2009/11/02/) is a more stylish version :smallamused:

Blackhawk748
2013-05-10, 01:13 PM
ok i propse that we now refer to a wereswarm template as the Fear Incarnate template, because we just made the avatar of all that is terrifying

Vultawk
2013-05-10, 07:34 PM
i figure that the swarm would be in the standard Hybrid form except that its made of the constituent creatures. EX a wereswarmlocust would look like a the Hybrid Werelocust except that its made of hundreds of tiny locusts.

so in short it would look freakin sweet

Maybe you could make this wereswarm look like a normal lycantrope for the animal in question, just a little smaller and thinner since part of his body is morphed in diminutive animals that walks on him (like a wererat with little mices that randomly come out of his fur).

Otherwise, it could be a normal swarm, but made of tiny little versions of the base humanoid! (so a human wererat swarm would have a human form, a rat swarm form and a form of a swarm made of rat-sized humans).

I propose a combination. A Wereratswarm in hybrid form would look like a wererat shaped swarm of tiny wererats!

Deophaun
2013-05-10, 10:20 PM
I propose a combination. A Wereratswarm in hybrid form would look like a wererat shaped swarm of tiny wererats!
Why stop there? A wererat shaped swarm of tiny wererat shaped swarms of tiny wererat shaped swarms... Call it a werefractal.

sambouchah
2013-05-10, 11:16 PM
What about the base creature with the swarm flying all around it?

CarpeGuitarrem
2013-05-10, 11:18 PM
What it looks like?
It looks like terror.
Congratulations! In many, many months my ravished psyche might once again be able to rest but until then, all I can see behind my eyelids are the thousand ravishing fangs of minuscule werewolves, rolling like a carpet across the landscape. It's like a grey goo scenario, except I guess we have to call it "Grey Fur" scenario now.

"Okay, I attack the hooded criminal"
"You hit. As your sword cuts through the thin black robe, it falls to the ground midst a swarm of tiny werewolves. They howl and scream and boil towards you, a thousand thousand tiny wolves waiting to rip you to shreds"
[Players stare at DM]
"Roll to resist the swarmthrope infection. Ah. That's a fail. Your friends watch helplessly as you melt away into tiny werewolves. The end has come"
"Dude, **** your games"
<huddles under a blanket>

why.

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT??

:smalleek:

marcielle
2013-05-11, 02:04 AM
I somehow got the idea a wereswarm would look like someone cast stone to flesh on a voltron statue.

Chronos
2013-05-11, 08:24 AM
I think it would depend on what order you applied the templates. If you apply the swarm template first and then the lycanthrope template, then your hybrid form is something in between a single solid individual and a disconnected mass of writhing crawling things. If you apply the lycanthrope template first and then the swarm template, then your hybrid form is a disconnected mass of writhing crawling half-humanoid, half-animal things.

userpay
2013-05-11, 11:46 AM
I kind of like the idea of the hybrid form being mostly humanoid solid with some parts/chunks missing and the missing parts are running/flying around as per the creature shape (miniature if its normally a decent sized creature). That said it could entirely depend on what sort of creature is the base creature. Like insects might be more appropriate to the swarm of critters in humanoid shape yet at the same time I feel like that could be done while in full 'animal' form anyway.