PDA

View Full Version : Friendly SR: Help me help my party

Xanas
2013-05-10, 09:39 AM
Hello all. I am arriving at my wit's end regarding a problem I have with assisting a certain member of my party when things start to get nasty. You see, we are both dark elves, which affords us resistance to magic. And I have this ability to connect party members together by something I call a weave (see War Weaver, Heroes of Battle), allowing me to cast a spell into it that will effect all of them, myself included, as if I had just cast it on one of them. Actually, I can currently store up to 3 spells in this weave and release them all at once. But recently, on several occasions, none of the spells would work on him. I applaud him for his ability to resist my magic, but it would be nice if my greater invisibility spell could allow him to stab people in their sweet spots while caught unawares, or if my ice shield could stop him from nearly dying every other fight. He usually takes time to let me cast spells on him earlier in the day (you can use a standard action to lower spell resistance), when I'm casting spells such as mage armor that last for hours. But when it comes time to get down to business, I need to make the spells work fast while my friends are still within reach, and before the enemy starts doing nasty things to us. So I can't wait for him to lower his guard.

So my question is this; is there some special feat that allows us to lower our spell resistance as an immediate action instead of a standard? Or maybe some other solution to this problem? I've considered memorizing assay spell resistance, but spell slots of that level are too important to me right now. Unless I can think of something, he may have to do without half of my buffs.

Xanas
2013-05-10, 09:49 AM
Well now, this is embarrassing. I just learned that a select few dark elves have the very ability I was asking about... to lower their spell resistance as an immediate action rather than a standard (reactive resistance, found in Drow of the Underdark). So it appears I have answered my own question... for the most part. However, if there are other ways for me to accomplish my goal (without my friends having to use a feat), I would like to know about them.

Fouredged Sword
2013-05-10, 12:20 PM
There is a spell that grants your next spell +something to penetrating spell resistance. Use that when loading your weave to give you a boost to overcome his spell resistance.