PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Outside XXXV

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Reinholdt
2013-05-10, 02:31 PM
This place is just as it sounds. It's outside.
Want a change of scenery? Go outside.
Always wanted to visit the beach? Come outside.
Looking to have a climatic fight on clifftops? Attempt outside.
Secret meetings being held where there's no cameras? Try outside.
Want an ambush without nasty base defenses? Yep. Outside.

Any and all are welcome here. There are no NPCs unless you bring them in. The major exception is the creepy eyed squirrel. The creepy eyed squirrel does not interfere with anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel is everywhere outside. The creepy eyed squirrel is always watching. The creepy eyed squirrel never sleeps. The creepy eyed squirrel can not be damaged, manipulated, or killed by anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel will eat anyone's very being who attempts to do so. Anyone can god-mode the creepy eyed squirrel. You may pet the creepy eyed squirrel at your own risk.

Other NPCs currently include:
The menacing crabs. (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/Ironack/menacingcrab.jpg) These intimidating creatures are usually found by the shore.
The non-existant duck. You'll miss every time you shoot at it.

There is very little you can't do outside. However, like always, please follow the forum rules and general rules of conduct. Private conversations can be held outside. If it seems like a private (secret) conversation, please respect that. Those having such a conversation should do their best to indicate it as such. Otherwise, other characters may stumble upon you. Those desiring to spy in on private conversations should first PM those holding the private conversation, more out of courtesy than anything else.

There are many areas outside, and people can be in multiple places outside. In order to keep areas outside separated so there's no confusion, consider bolding your outside location at the start of each of your posts, like so:

The Fields

Reinholdt sets up various targets and practices his sharpshooting. All these events recently has made him a bit rusty. To his left, he notes the creepy eyed squirrel. Giving him the heebie-jeebies, Reinholdt decides to head somewhere else.

The Cliffside

Calublufiok broods over his latest scheme as he flies over the cliffs. The creepy eyed squirrel is watching him again. He finds occasionally landing and telling the creepy eyed squirrel his plans helps him find holes in his plotting.

Note Reinholdt and Calublufiok do not interact because they are in different areas outside. They could interact, if Reinholdt moves to the cliffside. Of course, various things like telepathy help bypass this. Also, please note outside has no major buildings, though minor ones crop up from time to time.

And most importantly, enjoy outside. That's what this is all about. :smallsmile:

Outside now contains various Outside locations! Such as...
[Dead Pine Lake]
This lake lies in the middle of the forest. On the eastern shore, woodpeckers feast on the dead pines that give the lake its name. Sometimes one can find Lady Death here, the Aspect of Eve also known as The Grandmother, or Jedwiga.

(Please PM happyturtle if you wish to interact with Jedwiga.)

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/p243360-Delray_Beach_FL-Wetlands_sc.jpg

[The Islands]

An island cluster forms an archipelago along the coast. Some of the islands are settled, some not, but most are at least occasionally visited by the fishermen who work these waters.

[Gersemi's Island]

Now more commonly known as Melody's Island, since Gersemi has long ago retired.

Where once was a single hut with a few sheep, now stands a single hut, a barn, a few sheep, and a small tented community of orphans. Gersemi's loom still rests in one corner of the single hut.

Melody, like Gersemi before her, is a healer for the surrounding islands.

(Please PM Lex-Kat if you wish to interact with Melody.)

[Redbrick Falls]

A mountainous, cliffy region with a prominent waterfall. A large quarry once was worked in these cliffs. Now, only a few scattered villages and solitary dwellings remain.

[Norosa, Great City of the Elves]
A Lawful Evil city with an incredibly strong military and a very charismatic leader (Archmage Tyrion Lannister). It has a few CG resisters, but, otherwise, it is a city of peace and law, despite its evil nature.

[Brillian's Baneful Bestiary]
A secret series of caves where a mad scientist lives. A mad scientist who creates mutant attack creatures. These can be purchased for the right price.

[Auxiliary MagCave]

A relic from the days of the Age of Apocalypse, this abandoned cavern was once used by the infamous cyborg Magtok as a back-up laboratory and underground fortress, should Calublufiok have ever stormed the primary MagCave.

[The Katz Motel]
Located in the middle of Nowhere, our roadside motel is the only decent place for miles near the Taverna that has a bed. Run by a suave anthropomorphic cat, there is a strict No Dogs policy.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090705011306/courage/images/b/bc/Katz.png

A bellhop by the name of Bates is always ready to assist in carrying your luggage. Please ignore his constant mutterings about his mother. Other more unsavory employees can occasionally be found. Please try to avoid eye contact with them.

We at the Katz Motel wish to ensure you have a splendid stay. Any inconvenience due to randomly locking doors, giant spiders, secret passages, vampires, creepy paintings, and the occasional possession and subsequent exorcism are incredibly rare. Just look at our complaint cards! Not a single one mentions dying horribly in their sleep or becoming food for the monster in the basement.

And if you get bored, the owner will always be up for a game of sport, old boy.

((The Katz Motel is a horror filled place with the highest casualty rate of any motel in the Nexus area. Checking in is usually pretty easy and pleasant. Checking out is rare. Anyone can play the Motel and the NPCs within, free to invent their own horror. The NPCs within that can die usually only suffer death temporarily, the supernatural force causing the disturbances bringing them back to life for its own nefarious purposes. PCs get no benefit from this.))

[The Troll Cave]
A cave in a craggy hill. The undergrowth outside is trampled completely flat, and there's not much wildlife. There's a burned patch where a fire is sometimes there. Inside are a few large caves, linked by surprisingly smooth tunnels that look like something big has been regularly pushing through them.

[Blind Cat's Bluff]
A sheer cliff dropoff that travels straight down into the water, this is a favored point of people who commit suicide, romantics wanting to watch the sunset and anyone looking to get rid of evidence. The drop is pretty far and there are rocks at the bottom that spell almost certain doom, so watch your step.

[North Forest]
A magical forest with a mythical spring of beauty. A bit like the Weald, but not nearly as dangerous. For starters, you can find your way back out and the pixies aren't cannibals.

Frozen Forest & Hermitage
A large forest of tall trees and once very pretty flowers lies here. The entire forest has been completely frozen over, and a blizzard constantly storms and snows over the forest, but doesn't affect even an inch past the forest border. The forest is still very pretty; the flowers and mushrooms glittering under a frozen layer. The place is pretty safe, if you're used to constant snow and cold temperatures.

PM Reinholdt if you wish to add locations to Outside.

Hattish Thing
2013-05-10, 03:05 PM
"He is not a doctor by trade, it is his title. He is a genius; but best at biology. He could give you a great advantage over those you seek - he can grow living weapons, battlesuits, enhancements, and if that isn't to your taste, he has no small skill in ordinary technology. I know that he has programmed an A.I. far beyond any other, and that he has a station far out in the deepest reaches of space, built by his own hand alone.

I must admit, however, that he would not aid us willingly, but I have leverage over him... I can force him to help, but if we go to him you must be on your guard."

Information on how to find Doctor Harald crystallises in Martyn's mind - frequent haunts, his address in the Nexus, his lab and storage facility.

"Choose - hunt now, or arm yourself first."

Marty stands and frowns. This man could help, and if he didn't, it wouldn't be too hard to slaughter him and take what Marty wanted. Easily done, and the rewards would be substantial. He notices where he lives, and accesses the locations. We're not going into the city again, too much risk. I was almost killed, now though... I could fight back a bit. But, I'm not yet as strong as possible. More power, always more. Let's find this Doctor and pay him a visit...

As for the journal and such, Marty pockets it along with the blood. No one else is here, hm. He wanted blood... Rage needed blood to be spilled, massacred, destroyed... Rage, is there a way you can sense for human life long-distance? I think I shall make this place my headquarters. And, The Hermit spoke of a volcano... Can you sense one near? Next, he raises his hands up, and the doors and windows freeze over, at least 8 inches of solid ice, in every entrance. No one was getting in or out. Marty could simply teleport. Next, he froze the roof, making sure it could withstand against someone trying to get in from there.

With that done, he also freezes over any fireplace or chimney. Lastly, he freezes over the floor. No one will burrow inside either. He then summons six ice elementals, hulking creatures of solid ice, brutes of cold... He augments them with numbfrost, and teleports them outside, to guard the Hermitage. He breathes in the frosty air, and sits down on the chair again, rocking gently. I like it here...

The Bushranger
2013-05-10, 03:24 PM
The Ship

"Getting them to follow the rules is the job of the connected links to a number of informational documents on people who tried to do it... and then how they died." Neni rolls her eyes. "Lethality of 85%, the remaining 15% were as good as dead, not technically dead, or no one stuck around to make sure they died. 51% of the deaths might be considered 'karmic' or 'ironic,' 76% were 'cruel and unusual,' and the statistics and historical incidents go on at length that it has yet to do anyone any good."

That brings a smirk to Susan's lips, and she nods. "I see. So essentially the 'do not interfere' doctrine can be told to stuff it then, eh?" she suggests, her expression showing that she'll interefere where she bloody well pleases, thankyaveddymuch.

[Hamlet]

A certain eeeeeeevil ghost lady arrives. On foot. Seeking Excelsior!

Recaiden
2013-05-10, 03:34 PM
[Hermitage Marty's HQ]

The place freezes over. The grand door covered with a sheet of ice. The chimney in the central room ices up, filled with cold. The windows are sealed, ice covering the shutters on both sides.

By the time Marty is finished, the place would be more of a fortress of ice with a few interior walls. It was a cozy place before. Now it still is, if much more suited to Marty.

The volcano is far away, over oceans, and perhaps worlds. Zane could tell you exactly where, but it is certainly not near the Forest.

((And I think I'm done here))

Lord Magtok
2013-05-10, 03:39 PM
Space Station

He speaks. They know nothing. NOTHING! I will make it to the Magcave just fine, and there I will tear through your body like cracking a rice crispiness treat. He then speaks to the intercom.

"Status, Magtok is alive. Essentially finished with interrogations. Didn't get much else, he deleted files too fast. Request permission for vivisection? Let me see what Magtech makes him tick..."

"You're an idiot, Enshadu, but nowhere near as stupid as the Excelsior morons. My tech is garbage compared to theirs, flagrantly inferior in every way, and yet they act as if it's some holy grail of scientific power. Come on, Enshadu, do you honestly think my technology is my power, that wires and circuits are what makes me tick? Would you have made it even half this far if I put as much energy into this frail, stupid body as I do my true strengths? You're all wasting your time."

Lost_Deep
2013-05-10, 03:57 PM
The Ship

"There are people who believe that interference with other civilizations is pollution or should be avoided for other reasons, but they are in the minority. I have never heard of a doctrine of non-interference. What is this from?" She's curious on the matter, under what circumstances would a whole doctrine come up?

Hattish Thing
2013-05-10, 04:11 PM
[Hermitage Marty's HQ]

The place freezes over. The grand door covered with a sheet of ice. The chimney in the central room ices up, filled with cold. The windows are sealed, ice covering the shutters on both sides.

By the time Marty is finished, the place would be more of a fortress of ice with a few interior walls. It was a cozy place before. Now it still is, if much more suited to Marty.

The volcano is far away, over oceans, and perhaps worlds. Zane could tell you exactly where, but it is certainly not near the Forest.

((And I think I'm done here))

Martyn grins and looks around at the fortress he created. It's all so perfect! Ice everywhere, he's safe.. No one would get in without teleporting. Hm.. He'd have to change that. Find a way to teleport inside, but assure that no one else can. He'd work on that later. He sits in his chair, and pulls a tarot card of his from his pocket. I need a different identity... A way to function in regular society, and allow me to live... I heard about a place called Arcanus.... He grins and cackles, before flipping the card in the air, for his shadow to catch.

Space Station

"You're an idiot, Enshadu, but nowhere near as stupid as the Excelsior morons. My tech is garbage compared to theirs, flagrantly inferior in every way, and yet they act as if it's some holy grail of scientific power. Come on, Enshadu, do you honestly think my technology is my power, that wires and circuits are what makes me tick? Would you have made it even half this far if I put as much energy into this frail, stupid body as I do my true strengths? You're all wasting your time."

Enshadu glares, his music shifting genre's around once more. He begins to circle Magtok, glaring and speaking. Magtok might notice that
Enshadu appears to be attempting to get rid of a virus that is effecting his mind, along with struggling through magic that is causing his already faulty personality chip to malfunction. Well, well, well... What do we have here, Magtok? (http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw0aoVpFCDw) He stops and growls, before lunging in front of Magtok, trying to scare the cyborg, trying to confirm his dominance. Perhaps you don't understand. Idiot? Don't you insult me! No, Magtok... I don't think all you are is wires and cables... I can't. You are human, you have something I don't... Something I consider weaker 99.8% of the time. However... the other 0.2% is what puts you over me. We might be allies if circumstances were any different...

He also uses his telepathy to respond to Excelsior. I'm fine. Geez. Calm down. The interrogation is going well, I'm not getting much out of him... He appears to have deleted everything else. I request permission to vivisect? I would like to adapt his tech.

Lex-Kat
2013-05-10, 04:40 PM
[Melody's Island- Mermaid Cove]

Now Derek wants to hear a mermaid choir singing. "I imagine that communicating with feelings is a useful, if a bit weird, way to communicate. It's too bad that the talent is fading from your people. Do you have the ability?"

Estrielle frowns and loweras her head sadly. Unfortunately, no. Not even a little. Though, I've been told that I'm braver for not having it. she smiles more, due to the compliment of others. Most other mermaids are afraid of adult humans.

She frowns and lowers her head. Others say I'm reckless and stupid.

Reinholdt
2013-05-10, 04:42 PM
[Melody's Island]

Flaming Hawt Pink hooman Reinholdt approaches!
He brings fresh-baked muffins too.

He'll land a little inland and become less pink and look around for the girls or Melody.

Rebonack
2013-05-10, 05:13 PM
[Greener Pastures]

"Mad? Eh. Don't look much like Whacky Land to me, Mac. But-" the jackalope declares with a snap of his fingers. "This I can work with."

He then stretches his arms to reach off screen and whips out a large comfortable looking sofa. The sort someone might recline on whilst talking to a psychoanalyst. The furniture whizzes across the ground and aims to scoop the baffled newcomer right off his rock.

The jackalope then hops into a large overstuffed chair and pulls out a notepad and pen.

"Mmm, your uncle. Interesting, we'll begin there," the cartoony creature says, his accent having changed completely. "Tell me more about your uncle."

Lex-Kat
2013-05-10, 05:25 PM
[Melody's Island]

Flaming Hawt Pink hooman Reinholdt approaches!
He brings fresh-baked muffins too.

He'll land a little inland and become less pink and look around for the girls or Melody.

He doesn't see the girls, as Melody has them practicing their weaving skills, out of sight of any possible distractions. Which includes flying pink hoomans bearing heavenly treats.

Melody, on the other hand, can be found tending to her most recent, and currently only, patient. Seems the tent city of sick and dying has finally gone down, at least for a while. She's feeling a young man's leg, while his mother stands disapprovingly near his head. She seems unhappy to be here.

Reinholdt
2013-05-10, 05:47 PM
[Melody's Island]

Reinholdt approaches with a friendly wave. "Hello. What happened?"

McBish
2013-05-10, 06:48 PM

Estrielle frowns and loweras her head sadly. Unfortunately, no. Not even a little. Though, I've been told that I'm braver for not having it. she smiles more, due to the compliment of others. Most other mermaids are afraid of adult humans.

She frowns and lowers her head. Others say I'm reckless and stupid.

Derek frowns a bit as she lowers her head. "Maybe that is because they are jealous of your courage. I think your curiosity shows how smart you really are." Cutting yourself off from strangers is pretty much the opposite of Derek's life philosophy.

-----------------------

[Dragon Slaying: From the thread that was.]

John stumbles back as the force from the explosion hits him. He comes away covered in ash, underneath that it looks like he has some pretty bad sunburn. He also looks a bit stunned. He didn't intend to blow up the dragon. He holsters his pistol and puts his rifle on his back. Shaking his head to get the ringing out of his ears he starts to make his way to Zorzo. "Hey are you OK?" He yells a loudly.

5a Violista
2013-05-10, 07:27 PM
[Dragon Slaying]

For a few seconds, Harley can only stare blankly at the ground. Now what?

After she shakes herself back to reality, she looks up. "Yes, I'm fine." She nods visibly, stands up, and walks towards John. "Good job," she says. "You did well. One less threat to the village children." Her voice is rather flat.

There's also sure to be treasure somewhere in the ruins of that tower. After all, what kind of dragon hangs out in towers without treasure?

McBish
2013-05-10, 07:40 PM
[Dragon Hunting]

John looks a bit worried about the flatness of her voice. He briefly wonders if she might have got hit on the head. Shouldn't she be happier that the dragon is dead. As dead as you can get really. "Are you sure?" He will give her a quick look over to make she isn't bleeding from the head or anything. "Come on let's go check out the tower see if we can grab any good stuff from the rubble."

Lex-Kat
2013-05-10, 07:43 PM
[Melody's Island]

Reinholdt approaches with a friendly wave. "Hello. What happened?"

Tomerson broke his leg...

"He climbed a tree he was told time and time again to stay out of, and now he's broke his leg." His mother says with a scowl.

Melody grabs his leg, closes her eyes, and begins to whisper something. As she does, his leg begins to twitch. Tomerson grits his teeth at the pain.

Derek frowns a bit as she lowers her head. "Maybe that is because they are jealous of your courage. I think your curiosity shows how smart you really are." Cutting yourself off from strangers is pretty much the opposite of Derek's life philosophy.

Maybe. Estrielle says. But what if you were bad people? Then I would be trapped and, and then you'd skin me, using my scales for magical trinkets, my hair would be woven into hats or shirts, and my bones ground up and used for potions or something.

Jezebelle leans forward, looking upset. What!? Who'd do something awful like that? she looks to Derek, not accusingly, but wondering if he'd heard any such thing.

5a Violista
2013-05-10, 07:49 PM
[Dragon Hunting]

John will find that, while there are traces of wet blood, there's no traces of any wound, visible or otherwise.

"Yeah." Harley glances one last time at where the dragon was, before following John to the collapsed tower.

Scattered here and there, there's some expensive looking but banged up plates and silverware, some old and scratched-up books (some torn!), a bunch of rocks and massive stone bricks, and...there's a large metal chest.

The chest is locked.

However, fortune smiles upon the dragon hunters, because the chest is also nearly smashed open by all the rocks and by the fall. There's a bunch of coins spilling all over the place, a couple crowns (worn by a princess, no doubt), a red feathery mask that somehow, against all odds, survived everything so far, an amulet or two that seem to be pulsing with some sort of power, and a snazzy watch. The minute hand still seems to be working.

So, I guess there is some cool stuff there that can be given to orphans and widows.

McBish
2013-05-10, 08:08 PM

Derek has meet more then a few unscrupulous people in his travels. "What if we were genies who would grant you three wishes. Living your life worried about what if's is just silly. Although you seemed ready to run long before we got close to you. You got to judge for yourself and in this case I hope you don't regret it." He smiles at Estrielle.

----------------------------

[Dragon Hunting]

Not to mention help pay rent for the next couple of months. John reaches into the smashed chest removing all the stuff from it setting it out. He will fill his backpack with a bunch of the gold coins then stops and looks over to Zorzo. "Hey do you have those inter-dimensional pockets people always seem to have?" He will be careful with the amulets touching only the chains and not the glowing part. He will look them over for visible runes or markings showing what they might do. The watch is also going to be handled with great care.

5a Violista
2013-05-10, 08:32 PM
[Dragon Hunting]

"No, I just have normal pockets," she says, her voice finally gaining some of its color and tone back. "Just lousy women's pockets. Men have no idea how lucky they are to have large pockets in their pants."

There's only one visible rune on each of the amulets. By the way, one has a red gem in it, and the other has a blue gem in it. When John looks in the gems during his search for runes, he'll notice that there's the runes behind the gems.

If he looks directly at the runes, he'll get a sudden rush of knowledge in the form of images:
Looking at the blue one, he'll see in his mind an image of a man wearing the amulet, holding his hands out in the same symbol as the rune, and blasting fire from his hands. Then, the man in the image gets tired (slightly drained of energy; energy drained depends on size of fire) after that.

The red one does the same, except with ice instead of fire.

The pulsing blue gem contains an Elemental Spirit of Fire, and the red one likewise contains an Elemental Spirit of Ice.

Also, the mask has some writing in Spanish written in small letters on it, if John notices it. It says along the lines of "When you need a disguise, wear this, my love." It makes it harder for people to immediately recognize the wearer.

In addition, the watch goes Tick Tock very faintly.

The Bushranger
2013-05-10, 11:55 PM
The Ship

"There are people who believe that interference with other civilizations is pollution or should be avoided for other reasons, but they are in the minority. I have never heard of a doctrine of non-interference. What is this from?" She's curious on the matter, under what circumstances would a whole doctrine come up?

"It was from a dimension my parents visited once. Oddly, they called their state 'Federation' as well, but it was rather different. And they had a 'prime directive' that stated pretty much that contact with non-FTL-capable cultures was to be avoided at all costs, while some interpreted it as meaning even contacted cultures couldn't have their development 'interfered' with."

Gullara
2013-05-11, 12:20 AM
[Inside Outskirts]

"Ah, no. Here is simply a meeting area." came a familiar tone from inside the vehicle as a mechanical face with a paper-mache beard poked itself out a propped open door; a familiar set of maroon headphones dangling around it's neck. "Given how the good Sir was apparently handing these out like they were party favors, I thought that I might as well obtain one for use seeing how it technically was already reserved for this group. Plus.. I am fairly certain that I'm the only one who actually knows the proper operations of this vehicle so I decided it might be safer to leave a splinter off at the Cave until all this dies down. Or goes horribly wrong. Hard to say, exactly." Archimedes said in it's usual whimsically cheerful tone.

Of course, this had left Riss with a mouth half open to explain more or less the same thing and the muse was now sporting a less than amused expression. "Also, I have some of the most recent geographic surveys of the areas beyond given that simply wandering about wouldn't be the most efficient way to go about things. General climate data and the like is included although there are some areas that seem to be rather prone to storms what with some adjacent areas having rather disparate. temperature averages." the A.I. continued, apparently having applied some forethought before setting out.

"Right... I'm guessing all we have to do now is climb in and settle on our destination." the muse said, taking a few steps up the ladder on the side to give Imp a well deserved scratch under each chin. Of course, once everyone had made their way inside and generally made themselves as comfortable as space would allow, given how a hellbeast was taking up most of the room, the A.I. would fiddle with some instruments before bringing up an image on a screen nested within the dashboard.

The first image would be of an area of gentle inclines. It seemed to have very little tree cover as well as a healthy stream that snaked it's way down to a larger river beyond the scope of the display. It was rather distant and appeared to have a temperature range that didn't deviate much more than ten degrees above or below three centigrade despite the time of year. Definitely a chilly place, all things said.

The next would be of a moderately dense forest that was much closer although the terrain was much rockier than the one previous. While having to make room would take time, it appeared that the area contained numerous useful minerals and it's climate was a more traditionally comfortable range although it had some minor extremes depending on the season. It did seem to be prone to minor earthquakes, however.

A third image was of a nearly flat area with no vegetation and the only source of water was in a deep ravine near the edge of the display. This one was roughly between the two previous in distance and previous surveys seemed to indicate near surface metals though the ground was quite hard to break. This was one of the places where heavy storms were more common and apparently the events had left the ravine to be left with all the fertile soil that had been stripped away from the areas higher up. It was quite mild here otherwise, though, if a bit humid.

A forth display was of an area that was quite cold with an average temperature being freezing but geothermal activity had apparently seen fit to imbue the area with a hot springs as well as a geyser that ran on a seventeen hour cycle. The springs eventually fed into a river of melting snow which was replenished quite regularly given the weather but seemed to have few other detriments. It seemed to be somewhat closer than the previous area as well.

A fifth area also had some geothermal activity in the form of a spring and was in a somewhat more mountainous area that was prone to thick fog; a byproduct of the very regular but also quite gentle rains. This appeared to be the source for several streams in the area and it was generally cool but not necessarily cold throughout each season. However, it appeared to be almost as distant as the first area.

There were more places, of course, but these were areas that the A.I. had decided were most immediately reachable by the APC. If no consensus could be reached, or if more options were wanted, then more would be brought out but under the caution that they would be somewhat more difficult to reach.

Inside Outskirts

"I'd like to check out the fifth one there, and maybe the fourth. I've lived in a forest for too long, so I don't think the second really will work to keep me interested full time, and I don't have much experience with mountains yet. The flat place, in the third one, it doesn't look very interesting compared to any of the rest of them, and the first one looks too cold in the winter for me to enjoy it. We can check them all out firsthand though, if you guys think we have the time for it, and make a smart decision after that. If we're just looking for a place to stay temporarily first then I'd say forest is our best bet for that since it's close and should have a nice amount of natural shelter. Then again, there's enough room in here to sleep next to Imp if we all squish together." Misha has squeezed into the vehicle after Riss, and can see just how uncomfortable it would be to sleep in with the thick armor plating and Imp's mammoth bulk taking up most of the room. She'd likely have to sit with Riss on her lap if they wanted to sleep in here, which isn't such a bad tradeoff for a night or two.

"So what do you guys think?"
[Inside Outskirts]

"Hey Archie!" Mimi greets the AI with enthusiasm. She likes Archie, he's awesome. She's suddenly very glad he's not in the MagCave with the mess that's going on there. The pixie plops down on Riss' shoulder while they learn more about the potential locations.

"Hm, I dunno about that rainy one. The water makes it a pain to fly around. I kinda like the second one, with all the trees and stuff. I dunno what the cold ones are like. How cold would that be anyway?" Miimi thinks out loud, not feeling too decisive about any one of them. The foresty one does seem more promising to her, however.

GrandDM
2013-05-11, 01:43 AM
He notices where he lives, and accesses the locations. We're not going into the city again, too much risk. I was almost killed, now though... I could fight back a bit. But, I'm not yet as strong as possible. More power, always more. Let's find this Doctor and pay him a visit...

"He is currently at the Good League of Good... you could go there under cover of seeking redemption..."

Rage, is there a way you can sense for human life long-distance? I think I shall make this place my headquarters. And, The Hermit spoke of a volcano... Can you sense one near?

"No volcano... but anger I can sense. Anything that burns with anger is mine to see, to control. The stronger their rage, the brighter they glow. See them as I see."

Martyn will feel Rage reaching into his eyeballs, changing something inside. Suddenly, he will be able to see anger as a red glow (this will persist forever. Martyn can turn it off and on at will). If he looks down at himself, he will be glowing so brightly that he can't see himself.

I need a different identity... A way to function in regular society, and allow me to live... I heard about a place called Arcanus....

"This could work... with my powers, you would be more than a match for any of them... but you would need a strong illusion... no, they would see through it... a new face. And so we come again to the good Doctor. Find him. I will make him help us."

Hattish Thing
2013-05-11, 02:28 AM
"He is currently at the Good League of Good... you could go there under cover of seeking redemption..."

"No volcano... but anger I can sense. Anything that burns with anger is mine to see, to control. The stronger their rage, the brighter they glow. See them as I see."

Martyn will feel Rage reaching into his eyeballs, changing something inside. Suddenly, he will be able to see anger as a red glow (this will persist forever. Martyn can turn it off and on at will). If he looks down at himself, he will be glowing so brightly that he can't see himself.

"This could work... with my powers, you would be more than a match for any of them... but you would need a strong illusion... no, they would see through it... a new face. And so we come again to the good Doctor. Find him. I will make him help us."

Martyn growls even angrier, his bright red vision blasting dark and seething. The very mention of GLoG angers him. So much good, yet even there witches like Vidalia lurked. She would pay for insulting him, hurting him. She'd pay... He'd massacre all of them before the end, to prove his power... Stronger than any other... NO! Not GLoG. Never. They helped me, yes. Dr. Quinn... She will be spared, along with her loved ones... A truly good person In a world of people who would hurt me, an innocent young man... Who only wanted happiness... Vidalia will pay. Butler will live... He's innocent, and pure. All who would harm the innocent will die, and I shall be their judge! Yes, the Doctor... Doctor that's it! A witch doctor, named after the ancient demon Dantallion. I shall be Dr. Dantallion. Now, teleport me to Harald. I shall wait for my Inside plot clone to finish up and take care of this. Let's go.

GrandDM
2013-05-11, 02:33 AM
Martyn growls even angrier, his bright red vision blasting dark and seething. The very mention of GLoG angers him. So much good, yet even there witches like Vidalia lurked. She would pay for insulting him, hurting him. She'd pay... He'd massacre all of them before the end, to prove his power... Stronger than any other... NO! Not GLoG. Never. They helped me, yes. Dr. Quinn... She will be spared, along with her loved ones... A truly good person In a world of people who would hurt me, an innocent young man... Who only wanted happiness... Vidalia will pay. Butler will live... He's innocent, and pure. All who would harm the innocent will die, and I shall be their judge! Yes, the Doctor... Doctor that's it! A witch doctor, named after the ancient demon Dantallion. I shall be Dr. Dantallion. Now, teleport me to Harald. I shall wait for my Inside plot clone to finish up and take care of this. Let's go.

Rage teleports Marty to Doctor Harald. To GLoG!

GrandDM
2013-05-11, 02:43 AM
[Snatchin' Doctors -> Frozen Hermitage]

Assuming he isn't held tightly, Harald will break away and run as far as possible (not that far, given that everything is iced up) from Martyn. He will dip his hands at high speed into several pockets before pulling out a small pistol and aiming it at Martyn.

If he can't escape, he will struggle as much as he can.

Hattish Thing
2013-05-11, 02:46 AM
Frozen Hermitage

Marty reappears in the Frozen fortress with a doctor in his grasp. Oh no, he's escaped! There's no way out of the Hermitage. And Marty is not amused by Haralds actions. Harald ought find himself suddenly grappled from behind by Marty's shadow, and Marty will attempt to telepathically disarm the doctor. If this succeeds, He'll push the doctor into the rocking chair, and Marty's demonic shadow will attempt to grasp the man and hold him tight to the chair. Next, Marty casts spells of frost, to ice the Doctors feet to the frozen floorboards. No escape. Knowing that The Doctor :smalltongue: would be already uncomfortable at the below freezing temperature, he casts a spellof warmth, to keep him comfortable. I am Martyn.

GrandDM
2013-05-11, 02:49 AM
Frozen Hermitage

Marty reappears in the Frozen fortress with a doctor in his grasp. He'll push the doctor into the rocking chair, and Marty's demonic shadow will attempt to grasp the man and hold him tight to the chair. Next, Marty casts spells of frost, to ice the Doctors feet to the frozen floorboards. No escape. Knowing that The Doctor :smalltongue: would be already uncomfortable at the below freezing temperature, he casts a spellof warmth, to keep him comfortable. Next his shadow will search him, emptying his pockets. I am Martyn.

The shadow will find many more things than should fit in the labcoat pockets. Close examination will find strange gemstones and metals stitched into the linings, powered from a tiny unit in the collar. The devices are strange, covered in buttons, switches and screens.

The Doctor struggles, but is held fast.

"What do you want from me?!"

Hattish Thing
2013-05-11, 02:52 AM
The shadow will find many more things than should fit in the labcoat pockets. Close examination will find strange gemstones and metals stitched into the linings, powered from a tiny unit in the collar. The devices are strange, covered in buttons, switches and screens.

The Doctor struggles, but is held fast.

"What do you want from me?!"

Good. He didn't try something stupid. Well, the shadow will attempt to take every item out and pile them on the table, in a nice little stack. It admires the labcoat for a minute. Marty moves close to the doctor. I am Rage as well, I am his host and partner. I require your work, your weapons, your power. And I will let you live, understand?

GrandDM
2013-05-11, 02:58 AM
Good. He didn't try something stupid. Well, the shadow will attempt to take every item out and pile them on the table, in a nice little stack. It admires the labcoat for a minute. Marty moves close to the doctor. I am Rage as well, I am his host and partner. I require your work, your weapons, your power. And I will let you live, understand?

The Doctor pales.

"That demon... I thought I had seen the last of him."

He sighs.

"It seems I have no choice. Take me to my lab, and I will do what you ask."

Hattish Thing
2013-05-11, 03:02 AM
The Doctor pales.

"That demon... I thought I had seen the last of him."

He sighs.

"It seems I have no choice. Take me to my lab, and I will do what you ask."

Marty moves close to the Doctor, admiring his lab coat. What does that do? Your coat. Take you to your lab, and let your creations attack me? Hah. You have no choice Doctor. But I will go, and if anything of yours attacks me, I will make you feel true pain. he reaches into Harald's mind, attempting to find coordinates. If he does, he'll teleport there, The Doctor free of his icy shackles, but with the strong shadow keeping his arms behind his back.

ThirdEmperor
2013-05-11, 04:21 AM
Greener Pasture

Well. There's a couch now. Why not?

"I don't see why my uncle should have anything to do with this, I was merely remarking on a similarity." The man pats the overstuffed fabric with mild surprise, testing it's solidity, rubbing a thumb over the embroidered floral pattern. It's certainly a very vivid hallucination. It even has texture.

"He was a magician if you must know." Abandoning his investigation into the mysteries of the couch the stranger leans back, folding his hands behind his head as he talks. "Knew all sorts of things about foreign countries and natural philosophy, and he told the most interesting stories. Tried to teach me magic once, but I wasn't any good with it and my father disagreed."

"But I don't see why it should matter now. I've gone mad and you're only a hallucination, so I don't think either of us is very qualified to puzzle out why I'm so insane all of the sudden. I was fine only yesterday."

Hamlet

Imagine a small town, maybe a hundred and fifty souls all told, that's been run through the wringer of every tragedy imaginable. That's Hamlet. The west half of the town is nothing but crumbling husks of fire-gutted buildings, the fields almost empty of crops.

Hence why, when Ayrin blinks into the middle of town, the residents quickly make themselves scarce. Without pausing to look at the visitor the townspeople vanish indoors, quietly closing the windows and setting the locks. A silent alarm goes up across the village and within moments the place could be mistaken for abandoned.

Reinholdt
2013-05-11, 09:18 AM
[Melody's Island]

Tomerson broke his leg...

"He climbed a tree he was told time and time again to stay out of, and now he's broke his leg." His mother says with a scowl.

Melody grabs his leg, closes her eyes, and begins to whisper something. As she does, his leg begins to twitch. Tomerson grits his teeth at the pain.

[Melody's Island]

Reinholdt decides to remain quiet past this point, figuring anything he could do or add would be more interference for Melody than help. So he waits for the results.

Shadowcaller
2013-05-11, 09:23 AM
[Manor House]

A combination of checking public records and talking to the locals will reveal that the country estate is owned by a Newton Kennedy. Everybody knows that he is very wealthy and that he dotes on his sick wife, who has been slowly dying in her bed for the past two years of an unknown illness. Nobody is quite sure as to Mr. Kennedy's profession. Some say he deals art and artifacts, others say he just collects them. But he's rich enough to afford a team of armed guards around the clock. One is always standing at the manor house's gate with an assault rifle. If NO drops enough money in bribes to the right people, they may learn that there are twelve guards total. There are many servants with various duties in the manor house, so it's likely that unstealthy intruders would be noticed quickly. Mr. Kennedy is on the Inside Philharmonic Orchestra's board of directors and never misses a performance; there will be a great concert soon that he is expected to spend hours in the city for. Every Monday morning, a truck enters through the front gate to deliver the week's groceries to the manor's kitchen. There is a wall around the entire estate, but the back side, where there is a hedge labyrinth, is unlit at night. If they manage to locate one of the servants who cleans the house in a local pub and get her drunk enough, they will learn that Mr. Kennedy is having an affair with his secretary, who lives in the house but occasionally goes to Mallside to shop with his money. That's all the important information.

[B]
[Forestside]

Spyridon stands patiently at the end of the line and reflects on man's instinctive fear of death until he is noticed by the guards.

[Manor House]

((Waiting for DC here. Need to know what Reyna would want to do.))

[Forestside]

Spyridons clothing actually makes them notice him relatively quickly. But the guards don't actually approach him until he attempts to enter the city. They're just giving him suspicious glances, one of them seemingly reporting his presence on his radio.

FireFox
2013-05-11, 09:52 AM
[Forestside]

Spyridon continues to wait to be allowed into the city. But if the cars are moving too slowly, he will gather his bravery and approach one of the guards in as nonthreatening a manner as posisble.

Lost_Deep
2013-05-11, 10:03 AM
The Ship

"It was from a dimension my parents visited once. Oddly, they called their state 'Federation' as well, but it was rather different. And they had a 'prime directive' that stated pretty much that contact with non-FTL-capable cultures was to be avoided at all costs, while some interpreted it as meaning even contacted cultures couldn't have their development 'interfered' with."

"For the most part in my world, it depends on who finds the culture. Some might ignore them, some might ask them permission. It isn't very often that they are simply accelerated developmentally, but that has happened. Seldom with good results." She shakes her head slightly. "More commonly, especially with the Crimson Insurrection, specific individuals are pulled into space and put to work."

The Bushranger
2013-05-11, 11:54 AM
[Ship Shape]

"For the most part in my world, it depends on who finds the culture. Some might ignore them, some might ask them permission. It isn't very often that they are simply accelerated developmentally, but that has happened. Seldom with good results." She shakes her head slightly. "More commonly, especially with the Crimson Insurrection, specific individuals are pulled into space and put to work."

"One tale I heard, no doubt exaggerated, was that one contacted planet was allowed to enforce its draconian laws - the death penalty for all infractions, no exceptions - on military personnel who had no idea what the laws were," Susan says with distaste. "Crimson Insurrection? That sounds...unpleasant."

Lex-Kat
2013-05-11, 01:17 PM

Derek has meet more then a few unscrupulous people in his travels. "What if we were genies who would grant you three wishes. Living your life worried about what if's is just silly. Although you seemed ready to run long before we got close to you. You got to judge for yourself and in this case I hope you don't regret it." He smiles at Estrielle.

Estrielle looks up at Derek, a slight turn of her head indicates she heard something that caught her interest. No. No, I haven't regretted meeting the two of you. a pause, as she looks to Jezebelle than back to Derek. You're not really genies, are you? she says a little quieter. Some in her eyes, and a happy grin on her face.

[Melody's Island]

Reinholdt decides to remain quiet past this point, figuring anything he could do or add would be more interference for Melody than help. So he waits for the results.

The operation doesn't take too long. And the boy lays back, exhausted, then passes into sleep.

Melody looks up at the mother. Tomerson will be staying here a couple days, for observation.

The mother opens her mouth, as if to protest, but instead nods her head in approval.

Alone. Reinholdt may notice a slight edge to Melody's voice.

The mother frowns angrily. "His father's not going to like this."

Then his father can come talk to me about it. She watches the mother as she heads back to the beach where her boat is landed.

Melody then turns to Reinholdt and smiles. Muffins, for me! Awww. You remembered. She gets up and goes to hug him.

Reinholdt
2013-05-11, 01:36 PM
[Melody's Island]

He did?
I mean. Yes. He did. Remember.
>>

Reinholdt hugs Melody back. "You're welcome. Try not to eat them all at once." :smalltongue:

"What was that about? And where is everyone?" Seems unusually empty.

Lost_Deep
2013-05-11, 02:17 PM
Ship Shape

"It was originally a large mercenary group, almost a monopoly, that decided that they had enough ships that they had a chance to overthrow the federation. To be fair, they do have a lot of ships, they own or rule several star systems, and their leaders have a better sense of strategy than most of the federation ones. However, due to their tendency for cruelty several other groups were willing to put aside their differences long enough to stop the initial campaign. The insurrection is still very strong, but no longer a immediate threat to galactic stability."

The Bushranger
2013-05-11, 02:21 PM
[On A Ship]

"Sounds about what I would have guessed. People getting too big for their britches seems to be universal, eh?" Susah chuckles, shaking her head. "Hey, there was something I was wondering about. The...thing, that brought you here. Did it close behind you or...?"

Lex-Kat
2013-05-11, 02:29 PM
[Melody's Island]

He did?
I mean. Yes. He did. Remember.
>>

Reinholdt hugs Melody back. "You're welcome. Try not to eat them all at once." :smalltongue:

"What was that about? And where is everyone?" Seems unusually empty.

Melody takes out a muffin and takes a bite. Mmmm. So good. she says after swallowing.

Tomerson didn't fall out of a tree. I'm fairly certain he wasn't up a tree to begin with. she leans to the left, to be sure the Mother is indeed leaving the island. His father broke it. And I want to talk to him.

She looks at the muffin, suddenly curious. Why muffins? Why not cupcakes? I looove me some cupcakes. she takes another bite and swallows. Though these are good too.

Let's see. Jezebelle and Derek are on a picnic. Estia and Lyanna are learning the fine art of weaving. Momma is doing whatever it is momma does. Possibly laundry. And the rest of the sick got over the pandemic, and went home finally. It started drying up after that strange boy and girl left the island. she rolls her eyes and takes the final bite of her muffin.

Lost_Deep
2013-05-11, 02:31 PM
On A Ship

Neni shakes her head slightly. "I do not know. My instruments were utterly wrecked, I couldn't tell you."

Terumitsu
2013-05-11, 02:50 PM
[Inside Outskirts]

Looking at the distances involved, Riss plotted out what appeared to be the quickest course to visit each one in her head before responding. "Well, to me it looks like we could visit them all in two days total, taking into account the time for breaks and examining the area that each would involve. If we started now, we could be done by tomorrow evening and mak our choice then. Though, we can shorten that considerably if we just ignore one of the sites. Probably the third one there as it doesn't seem like it's really all that well suited to living. Might make a good quarry though.." the muse said as she shifted somewhat to slide into a more comfortable position now that Imp was poking her heads around inside the vehicle.

"So that means three, maybe four places to go see? Personally I'd go for either of the last two as geothermal power would be easy to get ahold of but that doesn't mean the other places wouldn't be fine." she said as she reached for a seat belt. "So, does that sound like a good start to you guys?"

Reinholdt
2013-05-11, 03:03 PM
[Melody's Island]

"I see." Reinholdt says, with a bit of trembling and a fist clench. But he steadies himself as Melody continues and forces himself to calm down.

"I've already brought cookies and brownies. I'm just working my way down the list. I'll get cupcakes next time, promise."

Devixer
2013-05-11, 03:04 PM
Glade

It's a bit of a walk from the Dancing Fox to this glade set off in a forest, but Naku might find the trip worth it. The water of the glade is crystal clear, and the light of the moon above glints off of it just enough to give the whole area some light.

Aiden heads to the coast of the glade, setting down his shoulder bag.

Slii Arhem
2013-05-11, 03:06 PM
[Inside Outskirts]

"Hey Archie!" Mimi greets the AI with enthusiasm. She likes Archie, he's awesome. She's suddenly very glad he's not in the MagCave with the mess that's going on there. The pixie plops down on Riss' shoulder while they learn more about the potential locations.

"Hm, I dunno about that rainy one. The water makes it a pain to fly around. I kinda like the second one, with all the trees and stuff. I dunno what the cold ones are like. How cold would that be anyway?" Miimi thinks out loud, not feeling too decisive about any one of them. The foresty one does seem more promising to her, however.

[Inside Outskirts]

Looking at the distances involved, Riss plotted out what appeared to be the quickest course to visit each one in her head before responding. "Well, to me it looks like we could visit them all in two days total, taking into account the time for breaks and examining the area that each would involve. If we started now, we could be done by tomorrow evening and mak our choice then. Though, we can shorten that considerably if we just ignore one of the sites. Probably the third one there as it doesn't seem like it's really all that well suited to living. Might make a good quarry though.." the muse said as she shifted somewhat to slide into a more comfortable position now that Imp was poking her heads around inside the vehicle.

"So that means three, maybe four places to go see? Personally I'd go for either of the last two as geothermal power would be easy to get ahold of but that doesn't mean the other places wouldn't be fine." she said as she reached for a seat belt. "So, does that sound like a good start to you guys?"

Inside Outskirts

"Aw really? I like the rain and having a hot spring would be neat. I guess that other colder one has a hot spring as well, so it wouldn't be too hard to adapt to the cold if we built around the springs. How about we do... the forest and the two hot spring places today? Or the forest and the fourth one if we start feeling tired." She's willing to compromise if it comes to that, but if she was going to live in a forest again she'd suggest just building around her pool. While it's kind of close to Watchtower it's not like they've got any claim to her land.

Mee
2013-05-11, 04:08 PM
Glade

It's a bit of a walk from the Dancing Fox to this glade set off in a forest, but Naku might find the trip worth it. The water of the glade is crystal clear, and the light of the moon above glints off of it just enough to give the whole area some light.

Aiden heads to the coast of the glade, setting down his shoulder bag.

[On the way to the Glade -> Glade]

Funny thing about leaving the DFI! Even funnier with the addition of moonlight!
As soon as Naku left the DFI, and the was exposed fully to moonlight, she changed quite a bit.
Her eyes, always somewhat red, are now flowing very, very menacingly.
Her entire body started to weep shadows. If Aiden were to look directly at her, whereve he'd look seems to be fine, but there's always some sort of shadow-y movement in his periphery.
Oh, and she inhaled sharply, much like someone walking into somewhere warm after being cold for a while, before slowly exhaling.

Anyway. Off to the glade!
Naku seems rather out of it. Much like she's physically there, but her mind is elsewhere.

Devixer
2013-05-11, 04:12 PM
Glade

Aiden manages to let the changes to Naku pass him by after initially being surprised. Hell, he'd seen much freakier around the Nexus. Her looking out of it, though, is something that he'll bring up.

"You okay, Naku? You seem like you're somewhere else right now."

Mee
2013-05-11, 04:53 PM
Glade

Aiden manages to let the changes to Naku pass him by after initially being surprised. Hell, he'd seen much freakier around the Nexus. Her looking out of it, though, is something that he'll bring up.

"You okay, Naku? You seem like you're somewhere else right now."

Don't get Maid! Get Glade!

"Hmm? Oh, yeah, yeahyeahyeah. I'm okay." Naku says, blinking repeatedly, "S'just that." She informs him, while waving a hand in the direction of the moon.

Devixer
2013-05-11, 04:55 PM
Glade (Smells just like real strawberries!)

"Oh, I guess that does something for you that I won't ask about," Aiden says. He knows that Naku doesn't particularly enjoy talking about her vampirism, so he doesn't want to bring it up. "Anything we can do about it?"

Mee
2013-05-11, 05:05 PM
Glade (Smells just like real strawberries!)

"Oh, I guess that does something for you that I won't ask about," Aiden says. He knows that Naku doesn't particularly enjoy talking about her vampirism, so he doesn't want to bring it up. "Anything we can do about it?"

Glade, Buy The New Banana Flavor!

"Oh, you're welcome to ask. I mean, if your plan is to hang around and ask me out on dates, you should probably know what you're getting in to." Naku points out, sitting on the ground next to the small lake.
"But no. Nothing we can do about this."

Devixer
2013-05-11, 05:10 PM
Glade, With All-Natural Scents

Aiden sits down next to Naku and starts unpacking his bag, which just has various plastic bins filled with plain food in it. Nothing fancy, he's too poor for stuff like that.

"In that case, what does moonlight do to you?" he asks, still in a somewhat cautious tone.

Mee
2013-05-11, 05:32 PM
Glade, With All-Natural Scents

Aiden sits down next to Naku and starts unpacking his bag, which just has various plastic bins filled with plain food in it. Nothing fancy, he's too poor for stuff like that.

"In that case, what does moonlight do to you?" he asks, still in a somewhat cautious tone.

"Basically!" Naku says, clapping her hands together for emphasis, "It brings out everything that I can keep under wraps inside. It's too strong outside to keep anything repressed.

So the proper answer," she informs him, grinning an exceptionally terrifying grin at him, "is what doesn't it do?"

Devixer
2013-05-11, 05:37 PM
Glade, Plugs Right Into Your Outlet

"...Well, moonlight... doesn't... I don't know." Aiden says. His ability to joke was temporarily rendered impotent by that grin. "So, I didn't know what you liked, so I just cooked some meats and pastas and salads and stuff. Hope it's not terrible," he says, as he gets to finishing with unpacking the different foods he brought.

Mee
2013-05-11, 05:42 PM
Glade, Plugs Right Into Your Outlet

"...Well, moonlight... doesn't... I don't know." Aiden says. His ability to joke was temporarily rendered impotent by that grin. "So, I didn't know what you liked, so I just cooked some meats and pastas and salads and stuff. Hope it's not terrible," he says, as he gets to finishing with unpacking the different foods he brought.

Glade: Totally Not Edalg Backwards

Naku's response to the food is fairly interesting. Interesting in the meaning that she half reaches out, and her hand vanishes into a thick cluster of shadows.
She pulls her hand back out shortly thereafter with some of the meat he had cooked.
"Meat's great." With that, she begins gnawing on it.

Wait. Did her voice just change?

Devixer
2013-05-11, 05:46 PM
Glade, I'm Out of Glade Jokes

The meat itself is cooked medium rare, enough for there to still be some pink in the meat.

Aiden, for his part, grabs a salad first, making sure to get some silverware. He tries not to pay attention to Naku's voice changing as he eats.

Mee
2013-05-11, 06:05 PM
Glade, I'm Out of Glade Jokes

The meat itself is cooked medium rare, enough for there to still be some pink in the meat.

Aiden, for his part, grabs a salad first, making sure to get some silverware. He tries not to pay attention to Naku's voice changing as he eats.

After taking her time to gnaw the steak (it's a steak now!) to death, Naku sighs slightly.
"That was good. Thanks."

New fun update because moon! She's breathing fairly hard, as if she's been running for a while, even though, you know, she's just been sitting there eating.

Devixer
2013-05-11, 06:12 PM
Glade

"No problem," Aiden says, finished with his pasta salad. "Was there anything else you wanted?"

Mee
2013-05-11, 06:32 PM
Glade

"No problem," Aiden says, finished with his pasta salad. "Was there anything else you wanted?"

Dlage

Naku looks very, very pointedly at his neck for a few seconds, before shaking her head, and saying that "No thanks, it's fine." Though with that she stands, somewhat shakily.

Devixer
2013-05-11, 07:04 PM
Gláde

Aiden stands as well. "Well, all things considered, I had a pretty good time," he says, while thinking that he doesn't know what's going to happen next. "Will you be heading back on your own?"

Mee
2013-05-11, 07:16 PM
Gláde

Aiden stands as well. "Well, all things considered, I had a pretty good time," he says, while thinking that he doesn't know what's going to happen next. "Will you be heading back on your own?"

Glade With Friends

Naku just raises an eyebrow at him, and removes her shirt.
"I have no idea what you're talking about; but I'm going for a swim. You're leaving?"

Gullara
2013-05-11, 07:47 PM
[Inside Outskirts]

"Sure, let's go see them. Whichever one first; it doesn't matter to me." Mimi agrees readily. It'll be fun to explore all these places to figure out which one's best. Actually seeing it is way better than choosing just based on a description.

Devixer
2013-05-11, 09:20 PM
Glade

Aiden wasn't expecting Naku to take off her shirt then and there. He tries not to stare, and only mostly succeeds. "No, I just assumed you were because I'm terrible. Can you forgive me?"

Mee
2013-05-11, 09:30 PM
Glade

Aiden wasn't expecting Naku to take off her shirt then and there. He tries not to stare, and only mostly succeeds. "No, I just assumed you were because I'm terrible. Can you forgive me?"

Glade, Now With People

Well, it's not like she doesn't have anything under it, so it's not like she's showing too much. She just likes that shirt and doesn't want to get it ruined.

Though Naku laughs at his request. "You are by no means terrible. You haven't tried to kill me once, so you're fine."
With that, she kicks off her dress pants and makes her way to the pond.

Again, she has plenty on underneath, she just doesn't want to ruin her work clothing.

Lex-Kat
2013-05-11, 10:23 PM
[Melody's Island]

"I see." Reinholdt says, with a bit of trembling and a fist clench. But he steadies himself as Melody continues and forces himself to calm down.

"I've already brought cookies and brownies. I'm just working my way down the list. I'll get cupcakes next time, promise."

Now, don't get upset about the boy's father. I couldn't tell if it was intentional or not. That's why I want to talk with him.

Melody begins to walk toward the cabin. The girls are this way. I can't believe you forgot what today is. she says, sounding a little disappointed.

Reinholdt
2013-05-11, 10:35 PM
[Melody's Island]

"Hmmmmmmm..." Fine. No beating up the boy's dad. Yet. He follows towards the cabin instead.

"And of course I remembered. Happy Birthday!" :smallsmile:
Nope. He's got no clue, but it's as good a guess as he can make right now.

Devixer
2013-05-11, 10:45 PM
Glade

All the same, Aiden's male, in his mid-twenties, and looking at a woman he defines as "crazy hot." He'd probably be looking no matter what.

"Well, I'll still feel a little bad about it," Aiden says, trying to excuse his being unsure on what to do next.

Terumitsu
2013-05-11, 10:53 PM
[Inside Outskirts - Traveling]

"Okay, so that means we go with the second, then the fourth and finally the fifth. We can probably check out the first if we decide it isn't too cold at least and it looks like it would be fastest if we're going from one place to another." the muse said as the engine roared to life. For the next two hours, the treck would be a somewhat bumpy ride across rather traversable but generally unbeaten paths. It likely wasn't the most comfortable of rides, all things said, but the sheer variance of the scenery would likely be enough to fill the times when natter fell silent. Riss particularly seemed to have some trouble keeping herself awake now that all there was left to do was wait but she appeared to manage. At least for the time being.

But after some time, Archimedes would pull into a rather dense area of foliage and greenery. The noise of the APC was enough to drive away the local fauna, if only for the moment, and the woods were almost eerily quiet because of it. The A.I. seemed to think it would probably be a good idea to let Imp have a bit of time to move around which the hellbeast began using almost immediately to beguin marking her territory. Still, it was a somewhat warm day in the area if a bit windy if the rustling of the leaves was any indication. In any case, it seemed that there were more trees and the like here than had been on the display but, then again, it wasn't the most recent data after all.

The land itself would prove to be surprisingly hilly even if it was more like a series of small waves rather than any large, steep inclines. Somewhat more curious would be what could have once been some sort of stone construction although now all that was left was a lot of mossy rubble in a vague circle. As for the muse, she seemed to be moderately enjoying the area but there appeared to be other concerns that were plaguing her at the moment.

Mee
2013-05-11, 10:54 PM
Glade

All the same, Aiden's male, in his mid-twenties, and looking at a woman he defines as "crazy hot." He'd probably be looking no matter what.

"Well, I'll still feel a little bad about it," Aiden says, trying to excuse his being unsure on what to do next.

That Place

Fair point.

"Well don't. It's silly." With that! Naku throws herself backwards into the lake.
And resurfaces quickly, laughing delightedly. "This is amazing!"

Devixer
2013-05-11, 11:29 PM
Some Glade Somewhere

Aiden grins a bit as he sees Naku resurfacing, but doesn't follow. "Hope you don't mind if I take your word for it," he says.

Mee
2013-05-11, 11:33 PM
Some Glade Somewhere

Aiden grins a bit as he sees Naku resurfacing, but doesn't follow. "Hope you don't mind if I take your word for it," he says.

Somewheeeere, over the Glade-booow~

"It is! It's amazing! Where I'm from, we just . . . don't have water like this on the surface.
This is the beeeeest~" Naku informs him, before diving back underwater.

Devixer
2013-05-11, 11:35 PM
I'm Not Singing About Glades

"Yeah, umm..." Aiden really needs to come up with a better excuse to not swim right now. There was just something at the back of his head saying that something wasn't right.

Mee
2013-05-11, 11:41 PM
I'm Not Singing About Glades

"Yeah, umm..." Aiden really needs to come up with a better excuse to not swim right now. There was just something at the back of his head saying that something wasn't right.

Glades Are No Fun Any More

"See, back home," Naku says, walking up out of the water and pulling her hair back, "any surface water is corrupted, and generally acidic beyond all usability. This stuff is absolutely amazing."

Devixer
2013-05-11, 11:56 PM
Stop Singing About Glades and Suddenly You're a Bad Guy

"Corrupted and acidic? Geez, all we have to worry about with our oceans is oil spills," Aiden says, glad for the relative change in subject and still unable to keep his eyes off Naku.

Mee
2013-05-12, 12:05 AM
Stop Singing About Glades and Suddenly You're a Bad Guy

"Corrupted and acidic? Geez, all we have to worry about with our oceans is oil spills," Aiden says, glad for the relative change in subject and still unable to keep his eyes off Naku.

True Story. In Gladeville.

"And rain that'll melt the skin off of your bones, plants with razor-sharp leaves, and a multitude of other fun things." As she tells him this, Naku keeps walking towards Aiden.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 12:07 AM
This Cat Needs to Get Off My - I Mean, Glade

"Yeah, I guess it was not a terrible deal for you to end up here," Aiden says, standing still for now.

Mee
2013-05-12, 12:12 AM
This Cat Needs to Get Off My - I Mean, Glade

"Yeah, I guess it was not a terrible deal for you to end up here," Aiden says, standing still for now.

Glaaaaaaaaaaade

Naku, not answering for now, reaches up, and rests a very, very cold hand on his shoulder.
Assuming he lets her, anyway. He might not.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 12:14 AM
Glode

Aiden steps back when Naku places a hand on his shoulder. There's still something in the back of his mind that's screaming that something's not right, but it's a small something. "You alright, Naku? You're awfully cold."

Mee
2013-05-12, 12:23 AM
Glode

Aiden steps back when Naku places a hand on his shoulder. There's still something in the back of his mind that's screaming that something's not right, but it's a small something. "You alright, Naku? You're awfully cold."

Glove

"Oh, that's actually perfectly normal. Now stop backing up." Naku tells him, taking another step forward to rest her hand on his shoulder.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 12:25 AM
Glovi

Aiden doesn't back up this time, but he's breathing a little heavily. "You sure you're okay?" he asks.

Mee
2013-05-12, 12:29 AM
Glovi

Aiden doesn't back up this time, but he's breathing a little heavily. "You sure you're okay?" he asks.

Giovanni?

"Of course I am~" Naku assures him, moving her hand over to his neck, and using her thumb to making him look up into her eyes (Well, attempting anyway, and you're welcome to say he steps back or something, this is just assuming it all works according to plan).
"Look into my eyes, I'm fiine~"

Her eyes are, quite honestly, terrifying. Bottomless red glowing pits that promise death, destruction, and pain, as well as a very, very strange, very strong sort of allure.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 12:32 AM
I dunno, sure

That previous tiny voice that was saying something's wrong is now pretty dominant in Aiden's mind. Unfortunately, he's transfixed by Naku's eyes, and all he can muster is a "Please don't." He's pretty sure he knows what's coming next. Probably should've seen it coming, in hindsight.

Mee
2013-05-12, 12:35 AM
I dunno, sure

That previous tiny voice that was saying something's wrong is now pretty dominant in Aiden's mind. Unfortunately, he's transfixed by Naku's eyes, and all he can muster is a "Please don't." He's pretty sure he knows what's coming next. Probably should've seen it coming, in hindsight.

Yaaaaaaay!

Actually, looking into her eyes right now was the best thing he could have been doing! Because the horrors about to be surrounding them make Naku's eyes absolutely mild!

"Too late. It's been decided."

And by that odd bit of excited text, I mean she uses fun funky evil shadow powers to teleport them both right above the lake, where she finally lets him go, hopefully ending with him falling down the few feet into the fairly cold water.
Turns out, the water's just cold, which is the primary reason she was cold, not that she's undead or anything. That'd be silly.

This is, again, assuming that it all works.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 12:39 AM
Yeah, whatever

Aiden has no special resistances to any of Naku's abilities, so he's of course teleported just above the water and falls straight in. Right about, every synapse in his brain is shouting "YOU ARE GOING TO DIE," and he's starting to panic a little, as he flails in the water.

Mee
2013-05-12, 12:44 AM
Yeah, whatever

Aiden has no special resistances to any of Naku's abilities, so he's of course teleported just above the water and falls straight in. Right about, every synapse in his brain is shouting "YOU ARE GOING TO DIE," and he's starting to panic a little, as he flails in the water.

Woot.

Naku lands right next to him, laughing uproariously, and, if he's starting to flail to the point he can't swim, helping him not to sink by placing a firm grip under his armpit and pushing him up.
"That was the best. Your expression was amazing!" More laughing ensues.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 12:46 AM
Eeeeehh

Aiden catches his breath about three seconds after he realizes he's not dying, and manages to not drown. He looks at Naku rather incredulously, trying to think of all the different ways he can say 'not cool.'

Mee
2013-05-12, 12:50 AM
Eeeeehh

Aiden catches his breath about three seconds after he realizes he's not dying, and manages to not drown. He looks at Naku rather incredulously, trying to think of all the different ways he can say 'not cool.'

Yup.

His expression just causes more laughter, I'm afraid.
Poor Aiden.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 12:53 AM
I Forgot the Location Tag

Eventually, Aiden does manage to find the right way to say what he wants to say.

"Not cool." Real creative there, mister writer.

Mee
2013-05-12, 12:55 AM
I Forgot the Location Tag

Eventually, Aiden does manage to find the right way to say what he wants to say.

"Not cool." Real creative there, mister writer.

Glade?

"Actually, the water is quite cool, thank you very much." Naku counters, letting him go and swimming away a few strokes.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 12:57 AM
Yeah, That's It

"...Okay, the water is nice, I'll admit." Aiden looks at himself a little. And this was his best (read: only) coat. He doesn't follow Naku right now, still a little steamed about that whole deal.

Mee
2013-05-12, 12:59 AM
Yeah, That's It

"...Okay, the water is nice, I'll admit." Aiden looks at himself a little. And this was his best (read: only) coat. He doesn't follow Naku right now, still a little steamed about that whole deal.

Yup.

"It iiiiiis." Naku seems overly happy about all of this.
It's more of an adorable happy while trying to be terrifying. It's rather odd.
"It'll dry. Don't worry about it." She guesses as to why he looks rather steam'd.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 01:01 AM
Gladee

"Yeah, I know it will." Seems Naku guessed wrong there, since Aiden isn't looking much happier about this whole thing.

Mee
2013-05-12, 01:03 AM
Gladee

"Yeah, I know it will." Seems Naku guessed wrong there, since Aiden isn't looking much happier about this whole thing.

Hmmm.

"Hmmm.

So then why are you still angry?"

Devixer
2013-05-12, 01:04 AM
Glade

"I'm not angry, I just... I don't know." Aiden can't really articulate that he was very frightened just then, and it seems to have been just a joke.

Mee
2013-05-12, 01:06 AM
Glade

"I'm not angry, I just... I don't know." Aiden can't really articulate that he was very frightened just then, and it seems to have been just a joke.

Glade

"Well, believe it or not, that was done for a reason." Naku offers, just kinda floating in the water happily.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 01:07 AM
Glade

"Really now? Mind enlightening me on it?" Aiden seems to be amiable, if nothing else.

Mee
2013-05-12, 01:11 AM
Glade

"Really now? Mind enlightening me on it?" Aiden seems to be amiable, if nothing else.

"Becauuuuse," Naku informs him, swimming a bit closer to him, "if you're going to have me around as anything more than just a professional acquaintance, which you do, this sort of stuff will be happening. Frequently with no warning. I needed to know how you'd deal with it, and you handled it well."

Devixer
2013-05-12, 01:13 AM
Glade

That explanation does seem to calm Aiden down a bit, but now he's a little confused. "I handled it well? Pretty sure I had a panic attack then."

Mee
2013-05-12, 01:14 AM
Glade

That explanation does seem to calm Aiden down a bit, but now he's a little confused. "I handled it well? Pretty sure I had a panic attack then."

Edalg

"S'true. But you didn't lash out, try to kill me, run away in terror, nor did your mind completely break." Naku swims closer still.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 01:16 AM
Dlega

"I guess that's true too. I'm... sorry for getting angry, I didn't know why you were doing that," Aiden says, hanging his head a little.

Mee
2013-05-12, 01:20 AM
Dlega

"I guess that's true too. I'm... sorry for getting angry, I didn't know why you were doing that," Aiden says, hanging his head a little.

Hrglfrg

"No. Don't worry about it at all. You had no way of knowing, nor would I have told you in advance. You did wonderfully.

Now kiss me, you."
By this point, Naku was, in fact, quite close to him, and offering her arms for a hug.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 01:24 AM
Grblrmf

Aiden grins a little before trying to hug Naku and kiss her. If successful, he'll try and hold the kiss for a few moments.

Hattish Thing
2013-05-12, 01:25 AM
Glade

Watching... Always watching... Silently watching...

Iff'n Mee and Rotting Baron don't mind the entrance of a character here, yay! If not, ignore this. Such a sweet moment. Would be a shame if... Something interrupted it! On cue, a massive log comes flying through the sky, frozen over. It flies and embeds in the dirt about... Forty feet away! And a squirrel runs really freaking fast to the group. High tailing it from the log. It... Stares at the group.

Mee
2013-05-12, 01:29 AM
Grblrmf

Aiden grins a little before trying to hug Naku and kiss her. If successful, he'll try and hold the kiss for a few moments.

Pretty much

The kiss is, in fact, successful! She more than happily holds it for a while.

Before dragging him underwater.

Glade

Watching... Always watching... Silently watching...

Iff'n Mee and Rotting Baron don't mind the entrance of a character here, yay! If not, ignore this. Such a sweet moment. Would be a shame if... Something interrupted it! On cue, a massive log comes flying through the sky, frozen over. It flies and embeds in the dirt about... Forty feet away! And a squirrel runs really freaking fast to the group. High tailing it from the log. It... Stares at the group.

Well, they were underwater at that point. So not sure just how effect the log would be at interrupting it.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 01:32 AM
Glade

Aiden doesn't have time to gather a breath before being dragged underwater. His only resistance is trying to get back up.

Hattish Thing
2013-05-12, 01:36 AM
Glade of Drowning Lovers. Wait... :smalleek:

Well, there is a large frozen log. And a squirrel, who is now staring into the water and chittering, and watching slowly. And, now it can be clearly seen that about ten miles away, a blizzard is forming around a forest... But only around the forest. Huh. Weird. *Chitter Chitter*

GrandDM
2013-05-12, 01:36 AM
Marty moves close to the Doctor, admiring his lab coat. What does that do? Your coat. Take you to your lab, and let your creations attack me? Hah. You have no choice Doctor. But I will go, and if anything of yours attacks me, I will make you feel true pain. he reaches into Harald's mind, attempting to find coordinates. If he does, he'll teleport there, The Doctor free of his icy shackles, but with the strong shadow keeping his arms behind his back.

"The coat? Extradimensional pockets, plus a direct uplink to my lab computers. Which, incidentally, lets me do this:

So saying, he pushes a finger onto a concealed pressure sensor in his jacket, and disappears as he is spirited away by his transporters.

Mee
2013-05-12, 01:38 AM
Glade

Aiden doesn't have time to gather a breath before being dragged underwater. His only resistance is trying to get back up.

Glade

Which she lets him do easily enough. Naku really doesn't want to drown him, but the opportunity was entirely too great to pass up.

Glade of Drowning Lovers. Wait... :smalleek:

Well, there is a large frozen log. And a squirrel, who is now staring into the water and chittering, and watching slowly. And, now it can be clearly seen that about ten miles away, a blizzard is forming around a forest... But only around the forest. Huh. Weird. *Chitter Chitter*

Which Naku, finally surfacing, really doesn't notice.
She does, however, slowly paddle over to the shore.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 01:40 AM
Glade

Once Aiden is easily let up, he quickly learns there was nothing bad meant by it. So, he just chuckles and follows Naku to shore, not noticing the sudden frozen log either.

Hattish Thing
2013-05-12, 01:41 AM
"The coat? Extradimensional pockets, plus a direct uplink to my lab computers. Which, incidentally, lets me do this:

So saying, he pushes a finger onto a concealed pressure sensor in his jacket, and disappears as he is spirited away by his transporters.

Ooh... That pisses off Martyn. Seriously pisses off Martyn. He stands for half a second before screaming in rage and immediately casting several spells at once. The first will attempt to locate the coat and attempt to destroy it via thought. Might work. If that doesn't work he'll attempt to detect the teleport destination and teleport there. If that doesn't work he will attempt to summon the coat to him, preferably with the good doctor in it.

Mee
2013-05-12, 01:47 AM
Glade

Once Aiden is easily let up, he quickly learns there was nothing bad meant by it. So, he just chuckles and follows Naku to shore, not noticing the sudden frozen log either.

Glaaade

Upon reaching the shore, Naku climbs out, and spends a few moments twisting the excessively long lengths of her hair together to try to squeeze the water out of it. Because that stuff gets heavy.

GrandDM
2013-05-12, 01:49 AM
Ooh... That pisses off Martyn. Seriously pisses off Martyn. He stands for half a second before screaming in rage and immediately casting several spells at once. The first will attempt to locate the coat and attempt to destroy it via thought. Might work. If that doesn't work he'll attempt to detect the teleport destination and teleport there. If that doesn't work he will attempt to summon the coat to him, preferably with the good doctor in it.

Martyn will find that he has no idea where Harald and the coat have gone - the transporters leave no trail - and that they aren't visible to magic. If he probes really hard, he might detect a sudden trace of the Doctor and his coat, just for a moment- then it disappears again- far out in deep space... then a massive robot appears, via transporter.

It's about eight feet tall, and almost as wide. It has huge, wrecking-ball fists and several highly specialised weapons.

The robot wastes no time, and immediately swings one fist at blinding speed.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 01:50 AM
Gladê

Once Aiden gets out of the water, he takes off his coat and leather boots, letting them dry out, and runs a hand through his soaked hair. He glances at Naku with a very stupid grin on his face.

Hattish Thing
2013-05-12, 01:53 AM
Martyn will find that he has no idea where Harald and the coat have gone - the transporters leave no trail - and that they aren't visible to magic. If he probes really hard, he might detect a sudden trace of the Doctor and his coat, just for a moment- then it disappears again- far out in deep space... then a massive robot appears, via transporter.

It's about eight feet tall, and almost as wide. It has huge, wrecking-ball fists and several highly specialised weapons.

The robot wastes no time, and immediately swings one fist at blinding speed.

Well. Martyn begins swearing violently. Damn old man. Damn ****ing scientists. Useless bags of decaying old flesh. I should have killed him, and then took his stuff. DAMN IT. Stupid piece of...oh gods... Martyn gasps and feels a wrecking ball connect to him. Ow. This pushes him through a wall and out into the blizzard. Okay. He stands up and growls in pain and anger, before attempting to freeze the things arms, while simultaneously making his shadow move to attempt to enter the robot, and begin tearing circuits up.

Mee
2013-05-12, 01:59 AM
Gladê

Once Aiden gets out of the water, he takes off his coat and leather boots, letting them dry out, and runs a hand through his soaked hair. He glances at Naku with a very stupid grin on his face.

Glayd

After a few more moments of getting the water out of her hair, Naku turns back to face Aiden, and ask him an innocent "What?" Though she does take a glance at the random chittering squirrel.

GrandDM
2013-05-12, 01:59 AM
Well. Martyn begins swearing violently. Damn old man. Damn ****ing scientists. Useless bags of decaying old flesh. I should have killed him, and then took his stuff. DAMN IT. Stupid piece of...oh gods... Martyn gasps and feels a wrecking ball connect to him. Ow. This pushes him through a wall and out into the blizzard. Okay. He stands up and growls in pain and anger, before attempting to freeze the things arms, while simultaneously making his shadow move to attempt to enter the robot, and begin tearing circuits up.

The robot's arms are encased in ice, but then the thing spews flames from the stylized mouth, melting the ice off. The shadow will find that it cannot get into the robot, it will be blasted backwards if it tries.

One of the robot's eyes glows blue, and a holoprojection of Doctor Harald appears.

"Looks like the Magekiller 5 is working well."

He smirks.

"I always hated magic. But of course, even magic has to follow the fundamental laws, and if you know those laws, you know how to counter magic. Do you like the shielding on the Magekiller? Makes your shadow rather useless, doesn't it?"

The Doctor is clearly enjoying taunting Martyn.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 02:06 AM
Glådë

"Oh, nothing," Aiden says, not paying much mind to the random squirrel. "It's just that it's been a while since I actually, y'know, liked someone."

Hattish Thing
2013-05-12, 02:07 AM
The robot's arms are encased in ice, but then the thing spews flames from the stylized mouth, melting the ice off. The shadow will find that it cannot get into the robot, it will be blasted backwards if it tries.

One of the robot's eyes glows blue, and a holoprojection of Doctor Harald appears.

"Looks like the Magekiller 5 is working well."

He smirks.

"I always hated magic. But of course, even magic has to follow the fundamental laws, and if you know those laws, you know how to counter magic. Do you like the shielding on the Magekiller? Makes your shadow rather useless, doesn't it?"

The Doctor is clearly enjoying taunting Martyn.

The shadow is repulsed and moves back, slinking back into the shadows to heal. Martyn growls before grinning and summoning something... A massive log with a pointed end appears in the air above him. Which he then quickly throws through the large hole he made, smashing through extra walls and such before hopefully impaling the robot. I am no Mage. Eat tree.

Mee
2013-05-12, 02:08 AM
Glådë

"Oh, nothing," Aiden says, not paying much mind to the random squirrel. "It's just that it's been a while since I actually, y'know, liked someone."

グライド

"Aaah, that. I know how that goes." With that, Naku heads over and sits next to Aiden. "S'a nice night out. Thank you for inviting me."

Hattish Thing
2013-05-12, 02:13 AM
グライド

"Aaah, that. I know how that goes." With that, Naku heads over and sits next to Aiden. "S'a nice night out. Thank you for inviting me."

The squirrel moves ever closer. Closer. Cloooooser. He critters and will attempt to scurry close to Naku. It sits on a boulder watching them, twitching a bit. He's cold...

Devixer
Cheater

"It's been a pleasure to have your company tonight," Aiden says, reaching to lay his hand on top of Naku's with the utmost nonchalance.

GrandDM
The shadow is repulsed and moves back, slinking back into the shadows to heal. Martyn growls before grinning and summoning something... A massive log with a pointed end appears in the air above him. Which he then quickly throws through the large hole he made, smashing through extra walls and such before hopefully impaling the robot. I am no Mage. Eat tree.

The log smashes into the robot, hammering it into the ground. It doesn't puncture the armoured shell, but a cascade of sparks shower from the joints.

"Damage Level Unsustainable. Activate Self-Destruct."

So saying, the robot explodes in a huge fireball, possibly burning Martyn quite badly.

"That Doctor! I will have to... NO!"

Rage raises a shield, just in time to stop the fireball hurting Martyn.

"GRAAAAAAAAAGH! I WILL KILL HIM! I... WILL... no... we need him... but he will get what is coming... eventually..."

Mee
2013-05-12, 02:15 AM
The squirrel moves ever closer. Closer. Cloooooser. He critters and will attempt to scurry close to Naku. It sits on a boulder watching them, twitching a bit. He's cold...

Cheater

"It's been a pleasure to have your company tonight," Aiden says, reaching to lay his hand on top of Naku's with the utmost nonchalance.

:3

Naku looks at his hand, which was successfully lain upon hers, and chuckles slightly.
". . . you brought food, right?" She asks, smiling slightly.

Hattish Thing
2013-05-12, 02:17 AM
The log smashes into the robot, hammering it into the ground. It doesn't puncture the armoured shell, but a cascade of sparks shower from the joints.

"Damage Level Unsustainable. Activate Self-Destruct."

So saying, the robot explodes in a huge fireball, possibly burning Martyn quite badly.

"That Doctor! I will have to... NO!"

Rage raises a shield, just in time to stop the fireball hurting Martyn.

"GRAAAAAAAAAGH! I WILL KILL HIM! I... WILL... no... we need him... but he will get what is coming... eventually..."

Well, Martyn is safe. Never killed something with a log before. Okay, now there's robot pieces all over the place? Hm. Marty attempts to magically levitate the pieces of shrapnel, and places them in a basket, while putting out fires in his new home. He also walks inside again, before filling that hole with inches of thick ice. Now how do we contact him?!

The squirrel makes as cute a face as a squirrel can, and shivers. He moves closer to Naku now, attempting to inquisitively stare.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 02:22 AM
>:-(

"Yeah. I'm sure there's still some left, even if you ate the steak that I was hoping to share," Aiden says. He sounds annoyed, but the look on his face betrays his joking about it. "Why, hoping for a second course?"

Mee
2013-05-12, 02:25 AM
>:-(

"Yeah. I'm sure there's still some left, even if you ate the steak that I was hoping to share," Aiden says. He sounds annoyed, but the look on his face betrays his joking about it. "Why, hoping for a second course?"

(*^_^)*

"I was, actually. Food sounds nice right about now. But that's okay." Naku says, resting her head on his shoulder and not seeing the squirrel due to closing her eyes.

Hattish Thing
2013-05-12, 02:29 AM
(*^_^)*

"I was, actually. Food sounds nice right about now. But that's okay." Naku says, resting her head on his shoulder and not seeing the squirrel due to closing her eyes.

Well, actually... Hm. Squirrel doesn't like that! He's hungry and cold and his home is frozen over. He will attempt to jump onto Naku's leg and chitter. *Chiiiitter?*

Devixer
2013-05-12, 02:31 AM
I Don't Know Any Other Fancy Emoticons

"I'll just remember to make more steak next time," Aiden says, smiling as Naku leans on his shoulder. It's about now that he finally notices the squirrel. "Heh, looks like we have a visitor."

GrandDM
2013-05-12, 02:35 AM
Well, Martyn is safe. Never killed something with a log before. Okay, now there's robot pieces all over the place? Hm. Marty attempts to magically levitate the pieces of shrapnel, and places them in a basket, while putting out fires in his new home. He also walks inside again, before filling that hole with inches of thick ice. Now how do we contact him?!

The shrapnel is easily levitated. There are some strange pieces in there, probably the technology that negated Martyn's shadow, but it's too burnt and broken to be reconstituted. The fires burn with a strange ferocity, fuelled by some sort of chemical, but all of it burns out in seconds.

There's a beeping noise from a small silver pip on the floor. Another holoprojection springs from it, again of Doctor Harald.

"Impressive... I wasn't expecting that. I'll have to add some conventional shielding to the next model... but you wanted to contact me? I assume you have some sort of deal for me... "give me tech and I'll make you my vizier when I'm King of the Universe?" No. There is no possible way I will help you."

Rage takes control of Martyn's mouth. "Oh, but Doctor... you will help, or I will take... steps... you know of what I speak. And you may be assured that your resistance will have a... cost."

Doctor Harald bows his head. A tear drops to the floor.

"I... I will... do what you say... I have... I have no choice.

He reaches off-projection, head still bowed, shaking, and there is a beep. Martyn is targeted by a transporter, and taken...

To Harald's Lab! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15218195#post15218195)

Mee
2013-05-12, 02:35 AM
Well, actually... Hm. Squirrel doesn't like that! He's hungry and cold and his home is frozen over. He will attempt to jump onto Naku's leg and chitter. *Chiiiitter?*

I Don't Know Any Other Fancy Emoticons

"I'll just remember to make more steak next time," Aiden says, smiling as Naku leans on his shoulder. It's about now that he finally notices the squirrel. "Heh, looks like we have a visitor."

Hmmmmkay.

"Good." Naku said, or started to say, anything, before a small cold thing landed on her bare leg.
Her thought process went somewhat like this:
Random unexpected thing -> Not Safe -> Attack? -> It's Always an Attack.

The squirrel might or might not find Naku reacting very poorly.
And by very poorly, I mean she moves her hand over to the thing and is using various vampire powers to rip all the blood out of its body even before her eyes open completely.

She is somewhat paranoid, and unfortunately for the squirrel, she's in her element, so her power is much, muuuuch higher than it would be otherwise.

Hattish Thing
2013-05-12, 02:44 AM
Hmmmmkay.

"Good." Naku said, or started to say, anything, before a small cold thing landed on her bare leg.
Her thought process went somewhat like this:
Random unexpected thing -> Not Safe -> Attack? -> It's Always an Attack.

The squirrel might or might not find Naku reacting very poorly.
And by very poorly, I mean she moves her hand over to the thing and is using various vampire powers to rip all the blood out of its body even before her eyes open completely.

She is somewhat paranoid, and unfortunately for the squirrel, she's in her element, so her power is much, muuuuch higher than it would be otherwise.

Okay, Marty is teleported!

http://http://www.halforums.com/xenforo/attachments/vuxve-jpg.7857/

Okaaaay... Um. Wow. Squirrel is in pieces everywhere, organs fly about and blood covers everything. Ew. Ewwww. :smalleek:

Lex-Kat
2013-05-12, 03:40 AM
[Melody's Island]

"Hmmmmmmm..." Fine. No beating up the boy's dad. Yet. He follows towards the cabin instead.

"And of course I remembered. Happy Birthday!" :smallsmile:
Nope. He's got no clue, but it's as good a guess as he can make right now.

Melody smiles wide. Thank you. She opens the cabin door. Girls! Break time. Guess who brought muffins?

Reinholdt! Both Lyanna and Estia jump run out to greet him. Lyanna going for a hug, Estia going for the muffins.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 10:08 AM
Glade

Aiden is suddenly covered in squirrel. He tries to think of how to react to this, but he's drawing a blank.

Mee
2013-05-12, 11:19 AM
Glade

Aiden is suddenly covered in squirrel. He tries to think of how to react to this, but he's drawing a blank.

Okaaaay... Um. Wow. Squirrel is in pieces everywhere, organs fly about and blood covers everything. Ew. Ewwww. :smalleek:

Well, there shouldn't be squirrel bits everywhere, as all of its blood was pulled out in one direction, away from both of the people sitting there.
So very little blood should be on either of them.

". . . whoops."

Darkcomet
2013-05-12, 11:24 AM
[Manor House]

((Waiting for DC here. Need to know what Reyna would want to do.))

What would she specifically do?

She would try to get an idea of the layout somehow, particularly wherever the central heating is, or if it has any. That is an important consideration for some reason and she will not hear a word saying it's not.

She insists it is important to any potential plans she can come up with.

DC the player warns that he has no idea what he's doing.

Reinholdt
2013-05-12, 11:51 AM
[Melody's Island]

Melody smiles wide. Thank you. She opens the cabin door. Girls! Break time. Guess who brought muffins?

Reinholdt! Both Lyanna and Estia jump run out to greet him. Lyanna going for a hug, Estia going for the muffins.

[Melody's Island]

Phew. Sometimes guessing matters.
"Hello!" Reinholdt smiles and hugs Lyanna. "Good to see you both. I hear you're learning how to make clothing. How's it going?"

Devixer
2013-05-12, 12:09 PM
Glade

"...Well, it was probably a squirrel that wanted to kill us anyway," Aiden says after a moment of still being shocked at that sight.

Mee
2013-05-12, 12:41 PM
Glade

"...Well, it was probably a squirrel that wanted to kill us anyway," Aiden says after a moment of still being shocked at that sight.

Glade

"Probably. It was too cold to be normal, so something must have been up.

Probably had rabies."

Devixer
2013-05-12, 12:46 PM
Glade

"Squirrels are overrated anyway," Aiden says, trying to move an arm around Naku's shoulder, trying to think of what they should do with the suddenly-dead animal that's right there.

Mee
2013-05-12, 12:48 PM
Glade

"Squirrels are overrated anyway," Aiden says, trying to move an arm around Naku's shoulder, trying to think of what they should do with the suddenly-dead animal that's right there.

Glade

"S'true." With that, Naku abuses her shadowy fun powers one more time to move them both away from the dead squirrel, and next to the lake.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 12:54 PM
Glade

"So, I'm not at risk of losing any extremities when you do that, right?" Aiden asks after shadowy fun time takes him next to the lake.

Mee
2013-05-12, 12:56 PM
Glade

"So, I'm not at risk of losing any extremities when you do that, right?" Aiden asks after shadowy fun time takes him next to the lake.

Glade

"Oh no, you'll be fine.

Physically. If you see anything generally just don't stare at it; I'd have for you to go insane."

Devixer
2013-05-12, 12:58 PM
Glade

"I'd... hate that too, thanks for the warning." Aiden taking all this rather well, or at least he thinks so.

Mee
2013-05-12, 01:02 PM
Glade

"I'd... hate that too, thanks for the warning." Aiden taking all this rather well, or at least he thinks so.

Glade

"Mmmhm." With that, Naku goes back to resting her head on his shoulder.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 01:04 PM
Glade

Aiden decides that he can keep his mouth shut for a while, and just enjoys the scenery.

The Bushranger
2013-05-12, 01:09 PM
On A Ship

Neni shakes her head slightly. "I do not know. My instruments were utterly wrecked, I couldn't tell you."

"Maybe we should check," Susan suggests smiling.

Mee
2013-05-12, 01:09 PM
Glade

Aiden decides that he can keep his mouth shut for a while, and just enjoys the scenery.

Glade

"This is nice." Naku says after a few minutes, before continuing with "I never have been on an actual date before. Thank you."

Devixer
2013-05-12, 01:12 PM
Glade

"My pleasure," Aiden says. "It's been years since I was on a date, but I won't presume to know what it's like for you."

Mee
2013-05-12, 01:18 PM
Glade

"My pleasure," Aiden says. "It's been years since I was on a date, but I won't presume to know what it's like for you."

Glade

"Oh, feel free to presume, you probably wouldn't be off by very much at all." Naku grins at that a bit. "But we should probably think about heading back some time soonish."

Devixer
2013-05-12, 01:21 PM
Glade

"We probably should," Aiden says. "Would you be willing to do something like this again sometime?"

Mee
2013-05-12, 01:25 PM
Glade

"We probably should," Aiden says. "Would you be willing to do something like this again sometime?"

Glade

"Not yet, though, and of course I would. Especially if you bring more food next time." She not-so-subtly-hints.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 01:27 PM
Glade

"I'll just bring several dozen steaks," Aiden says, grinning again. "I'll barely even cook them."

Mee
2013-05-12, 01:34 PM
Glade

"I'll just bring several dozen steaks," Aiden says, grinning again. "I'll barely even cook them."

Glade

"That would actually be pretty great. Mostly completely raw.
Mmmmm~" Apparently, nearly raw sounds absolutely amazing.

Lex-Kat
2013-05-12, 01:35 PM
[Melody's Island]

Phew. Sometimes guessing matters.
"Hello!" Reinholdt smiles and hugs Lyanna. "Good to see you both. I hear you're learning how to make clothing. How's it going?"

The girls giggle. No, Mister Reinholdt. Melody's teaching us how to control magic. Then a frown crosses her face. Did Momma ever mention to you that we had magical talent?

Lyanna reaches for a muffin, rolling her eyes. Estia's grumpy again.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 01:36 PM
Glade

"Well, at least it'll be easy to cook for the two of us," Aiden says. "I mostly eat chicken when it comes to meat anyway."

Mee
2013-05-12, 01:40 PM
Glade

"Well, at least it'll be easy to cook for the two of us," Aiden says. "I mostly eat chicken when it comes to meat anyway."

Glade

"Even better." Then Naku falls silent again. Though she does remove her head from his shoulder, and stare off into the dark forest absently.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 01:42 PM
Glade

Aiden lowers his eyebrows, and he reaches to try and hold Naku's hand. "Naku? Is everything okay?"

Lost_Deep
2013-05-12, 01:49 PM
On A Ship

Neni nods. "It is the responsible thing to do. We will have to be careful not to go through if it is there; I don't want that to happen again."

Mee
2013-05-12, 01:52 PM
Glade

Aiden lowers his eyebrows, and he reaches to try and hold Naku's hand. "Naku? Is everything okay?"

Glade

"Mhmmm. Just that I feel odd, is all. Combination of stuck in memories, and trying to rationalize just how I feel.
Nothing about you, I'm afraid," Naku felt she should clarify, "just going all the way back to childhood, I was taught to hate, and how to fight . . . well . . . exactly what I am right now.

I always thought I'd hate it. But I don't. I'm absolutely loving every moment of it." At some point during that, she held up her other hand, and looked at it quite deeply, marking every crease, scar, and discoloration.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 01:55 PM
Glade

This is actually something that Aiden can relate to, just a little and in a very different way from being a vampire. "You don't have to be ashamed of who - or what, I guess would apply here - you are. If you love how you are, then there's no reason to hate it, yeah?"

Mee
2013-05-12, 02:13 PM
Glade

This is actually something that Aiden can relate to, just a little and in a very different way from being a vampire. "You don't have to be ashamed of who - or what, I guess would apply here - you are. If you love how you are, then there's no reason to hate it, yeah?"

Glade

"No offense, but it's not for your sake that I . . . dislike it. The vampires are the ones that destroyed my home. They were first, and they destroyed the most. Then I was raised in one of the few strongholds of humanity left, where I was taught how to fight them, kill them, and to fear and hate them.

Just personal stuff to work out, you know." Naku attempts to end on a lighter note, but it probably won't work at all.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 02:15 PM
Glade

Aiden looks down at all that. Yeah, he had no idea how he could possibly help. "I'm sorry. I guess there's not really much I can do for that. But I'll be around for you anyway, if you'll have me."

Mee
2013-05-12, 02:19 PM
Glade

Aiden looks down at all that. Yeah, he had no idea how he could possibly help. "I'm sorry. I guess there's not really much I can do for that. But I'll be around for you anyway, if you'll have me."

Glade

"Company is perfect. So long as I'm not alone, I can't brood, eh?" Naku jests, punching his shoulder very, very lightly. Still probably hurt a bit though.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 02:21 PM
Glade

Aiden laughs a little as well, before rubbing his shoulder with an "Ow." He shakes that bit of pain off, though. "I don't know, I've seen plenty of teenagers brooding in packs back home."

Mee
2013-05-12, 02:23 PM
Glade

Aiden laughs a little as well, before rubbing his shoulder with an "Ow." He shakes that bit of pain off, though. "I don't know, I've seen plenty of teenagers brooding in packs back home."

Glade

"Naaaaah. That's only because they were all brooding. So long as you don't hate yourself, you can just tell me to snap out of it.

Right?" Naku asks, sounding really, really worried all of a sudden, as if the idea of slipping into extreme brooding absolutely terrified her.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 02:26 PM
Glade

"Don't worry. I wasted all my self-loathing when my parents kicked me out, so I can tell you to snap out of it," Aiden says. His tone makes it sound like a joke, but he's being fairly serious right now.

Reinholdt
2013-05-12, 02:28 PM
[Melody's Island]

The girls giggle. No, Mister Reinholdt. Melody's teaching us how to control magic. Then a frown crosses her face. Did Momma ever mention to you that we had magical talent?

Lyanna reaches for a muffin, rolling her eyes. Estia's grumpy again.

[Melody's Island]

"Umm... no, can't say that I have. But as far as I understand magic, everyone has some ability to use it, if trained, but different heritages make it easier for some over others." So he kind of just assumes everyone has some inherent magical talent.

Mee
2013-05-12, 02:30 PM
Glade

"Don't worry. I wasted all my self-loathing when my parents kicked me out, so I can tell you to snap out of it," Aiden says. His tone makes it sound like a joke, but he's being fairly serious right now.

Glade

"Thank you." Is all Naku says, as she looks back into the forest.
If Aiden were to look, he might see just how young she looks. Were she still human, she'd be maaaayabe 20 at most, probably closer to 18.
Normally it'd be hard to tell, because she's always running around, doing stuff, and generally acting mature, but right now she's let her guard down completely.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 02:35 PM
Glade

Aiden does look a little, and does see how young Naku looks, but mostly looks into the forest as well. After a bit of time like this, he leans towards Naku and tries to kiss her cheek.

Mee
2013-05-12, 02:38 PM
Glade

Aiden does look a little, and does see how young Naku looks, but mostly looks into the forest as well. After a bit of time like this, he leans towards Naku and tries to kiss her cheek.

Glade

The kiss is, as one might figure, effective. Naku smiles slightly, then sighs.
"We should probably start heading back now, shouldn't we?"

Devixer
2013-05-12, 02:40 PM
Glade

"Yeah, I suppose the folks back at the inn might start worry about you," Aiden says. "And I'd like to stay a while longer, but I should get to my apartment before too long."

Mee
2013-05-12, 02:41 PM
Glade

"Yeah, I suppose the folks back at the inn might start worry about you," Aiden says. "And I'd like to stay a while longer, but I should get to my apartment before too long."

Glade

He wanted to stay?
Staying it was!
"Bah. Forget that. S'go for another swim. This time you have warning, and can take off the leather, eh?"

Devixer
2013-05-12, 02:43 PM
Glade

Aiden's coat was already off, it was left to dry at the shore. He chuckles at that and unbuttons his long-sleeved shirt, leaving a plain black tee underneath. "Whatever you say. I'm game."

Mee
2013-05-12, 02:45 PM
Glade

Aiden's coat was already off, it was left to dry at the shore. He chuckles at that and unbuttons his long-sleeved shirt, leaving a plain black tee underneath. "Whatever you say. I'm game."

Glade

"Good.

Tag." Naku says, tapping him on the shoulder, then sprinting off into the lake.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 02:47 PM
Glade

Aiden widens his eyes for a half-second as Naku sprints away. Then as realization dawns on him, he gets up and sprints to the lake as well. Naku is probably at least somewhat faster than him, so he doesn't catch up.

Mee
2013-05-12, 02:48 PM
Glade

Aiden widens his eyes for a half-second as Naku sprints away. Then as realization dawns on him, he gets up and sprints to the lake as well. Naku is probably at least somewhat faster than him, so he doesn't catch up.

Glade

Well, once in the lake, she makes sure not to go toooo fast, so that he can catch her now and again.
Not too often, though.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 02:50 PM
Glade

Aiden is a decent swimmer, but he's only human. Since Naku's slowing down a little, though, he'll probably be able to tag her a few times. Still, he'll likely emerge from the tagging as the loser.

Mee
2013-05-12, 02:52 PM
Glade

Aiden is a decent swimmer, but he's only human. Since Naku's slowing down a little, though, he'll probably be able to tag her a few times. Still, he'll likely emerge from the tagging as the loser.

Glade

Nah! There is no losing Tag! There's just Naku not keeping count, so who really knows.
Eventually, Naku heads back up to shore, breathing somewhat hard, and twisting the water out of her hair again.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 02:57 PM
Glade

Aiden gets to shore just after Naku. He sits on the ground and waits for himself to dry. "Well. That was fun," Aiden says in between breaths.

Mee
2013-05-12, 03:11 PM
Glade

Aiden gets to shore just after Naku. He sits on the ground and waits for himself to dry. "Well. That was fun," Aiden says in between breaths.

Glade

"Yup." Naku agrees, nodding a few times, her breath quickly returning.
"But now it looks like we're just gonna have to wait until we're dry again. Such a shame."

Devixer
2013-05-12, 03:14 PM
Glade

"Oh no, how horrible," Aiden says, faking sorrow and not doing a very good job at it. "I guess it's gotta happen, though."

Mee
2013-05-12, 03:18 PM
Glade

"Oh no, how horrible," Aiden says, faking sorrow and not doing a very good job at it. "I guess it's gotta happen, though."

Glade

"It's true." Naku says, sitting down again by the lake.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 03:21 PM
Glade

Aiden sits next to Naku, letting himself sit pretty close to her. "I'll just weather the storm, then."

The Bushranger
2013-05-12, 03:22 PM
Hamlet

Imagine a small town, maybe a hundred and fifty souls all told, that's been run through the wringer of every tragedy imaginable. That's Hamlet. The west half of the town is nothing but crumbling husks of fire-gutted buildings, the fields almost empty of crops.

Hence why, when Ayrin blinks into the middle of town, the residents quickly make themselves scarce. Without pausing to look at the visitor the townspeople vanish indoors, quietly closing the windows and setting the locks. A silent alarm goes up across the village and within moments the place could be mistaken for abandoned.

That'd be Arina. Aeryn is somebody completely different. :smalltongue:
...and the red-eyed young woman drifts through the town, looking for any signs of Excelsiority. After all, somebody has to have been expecting her, right?

On A Ship

Neni nods. "It is the responsible thing to do. We will have to be careful not to go through if it is there; I don't want that to happen again."

"Agreed on that." Sharon pauses, then grins. "I think my folks are going to be busy for awhile. Wanna hijack their ship?"

Mee
2013-05-12, 03:23 PM
Glade

Aiden sits next to Naku, letting himself sit pretty close to her. "I'll just weather the storm, then."

Glade

"Good, good." Naku nods once.
"Though I have no idea what to do while we wait."

Devixer
2013-05-12, 03:24 PM
Glade

Aiden decides to risk life and limb by sneaking one of his hands onto Naku's thigh. "Well, I guess it depends on how long we have."

Mee
2013-05-12, 03:32 PM
Glade

Aiden decides to risk life and limb by sneaking one of his hands onto Naku's thigh. "Well, I guess it depends on how long we have."

Glade

Naku doesn't seem to notice, instead, she's intent on looking up.
"Probably at least a few more hours until sunrise."

Devixer
2013-05-12, 03:33 PM
Glade

Aiden chuckles at that. "I mean until we're dried off. Unless you want to stay here that long, which I wouldn't say no to."

Mee
2013-05-12, 03:35 PM
Glade

Aiden chuckles at that. "I mean until we're dried off. Unless you want to stay here that long, which I wouldn't say no to."

Glade

"Oh, right, that too. Iunno. Ten, fifteen minutes? I guess not too long, as I at least have dry clothes to put on.
You don't, though, do you?"

Devixer
2013-05-12, 03:36 PM
Glade

"No, can't say I do. You kinda saw to that, and I didn't think to bring spare clothes," Aiden says. He's still smiling, though, so he probably doesn't much care.

Mee
2013-05-12, 03:39 PM
Glade

"No, can't say I do. You kinda saw to that, and I didn't think to bring spare clothes," Aiden says. He's still smiling, though, so he probably doesn't much care.

Glade

"Then we'll just have some explaining to do when we get back, should anyone actually ask." Naku says with a slight shrug.

Lost_Deep
2013-05-12, 03:39 PM
On A Ship

"No." She crosses her arms and frowns. She is not going to budge on this, it seems. She conveys that simply through body language.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 03:41 PM
Glade

"You know, I kinda doubt that. People will probably mind their own business," Aiden says. "I mean, I would."

Mee
2013-05-12, 03:44 PM
Glade

"You know, I kinda doubt that. People will probably mind their own business," Aiden says. "I mean, I would."

Glade

"Fair enough." Then she notices his hand on her thigh, and shoots him an inquisitive eyebrow.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 03:49 PM
Glade

"Ah-hah, sorry bout that," Aiden says, recovering his hand before he loses it.

Mee
2013-05-12, 03:50 PM
Glade

"Ah-hah, sorry bout that," Aiden says, recovering his hand before he loses it.

Glade

Naku frowns slightly, she certainly hadn't been about to complain.
"Iiiit's fine."

Devixer
2013-05-12, 03:57 PM
Glade

Aiden smiles a bit and shrugs. "I didn't mean anything behind it, it's just that, um..."

ThirdEmperor
2013-05-12, 04:00 PM
Hamlet

Aaaand it's not long before two of everybody's favorite jackbooted thugs come marching down the way, weapons trained on Arina or Aeryn or Erin or whatever. Honestly, would it be that much trouble to think up a new name? [/hypocrite] :smalltongue:

"Please cease floating and identify yourself, or we will fire!" The one in the lead shouts. The shouting is probably unnecessary.

Mee
2013-05-12, 04:02 PM
Glade

Aiden smiles a bit and shrugs. "I didn't mean anything behind it, it's just that, um..."

Glade

"Uh huh? Please, by all means, continue." Naku rests her chin on a fist, most amused by him.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 04:06 PM
Glade

"It's just that, well, you're so pretty, and I just thought I'd..." Aiden shakes his head. He's normally not nearly this nervous.

Mee
2013-05-12, 04:14 PM
Glade

"It's just that, well, you're so pretty, and I just thought I'd..." Aiden shakes his head. He's normally not nearly this nervous.

Glade

"Mhmmmmmm?" Naku asks, most interested now.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 04:20 PM
Glade

Aiden's pretty much devolved into nervous rambling at this point, and looks at his wringing hands.

Mee
2013-05-12, 04:22 PM
Glade

Aiden's pretty much devolved into nervous rambling at this point, and looks at his wringing hands.

Glade

"Aaaall right, I think that's the sign we should be getting back." Naku says, standing, and heading over to her somehow magically neatly folded clothes.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 04:27 PM
Glade

"Wait, just a moment," Aiden says, regaining his composure and standing up.

Mee
2013-05-12, 04:29 PM
Glade

"Wait, just a moment," Aiden says, regaining his composure and standing up.

Glade

"Yes?" Naku asks, placing her hands on her hips, as she turns to face him.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 04:36 PM
Glade

"I'm sorry for being this weird and nervous, I just haven't figured out the proper etiquette for this yet," Aiden says as he walks right up to Naku, trying to place his hands on her shoulders.

Mee
2013-05-12, 04:40 PM
Glade

"I'm sorry for being this weird and nervous, I just haven't figured out the proper etiquette for this yet," Aiden says as he walks right up to Naku, trying to place his hands on her shoulders.

Glade

"Absolutely forgivable." Naku says as his hands are placed on her shoulders.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 04:41 PM
Glade

"So, please don't kill me for doing this," Aiden says, just before he leans in to kiss Naku.

Mee
2013-05-12, 04:47 PM
Glade

"So, please don't kill me for doing this," Aiden says, just before he leans in to kiss Naku.

Glade

Naku not only doesn't kill him, but in fact hugs him quite tightly, pulling him in quite close.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 04:48 PM
Glade

Aiden lets his hands slide down Naku's back as he kisses her. After a few seconds, he pulls back and grins. "I know, I'm a bit of an idiot."

Mee
2013-05-12, 04:51 PM
Glade

Aiden lets his hands slide down Naku's back as he kisses her. After a few seconds, he pulls back and grins. "I know, I'm a bit of an idiot."

Glade

"S'true." Naku says, resting her head on his shoulder. "You are at that."

Devixer
2013-05-12, 04:52 PM
Glade

Aiden softly chuckles and tightens his hold on Naku a bit. "At least I come around eventually, right?"

Mee
2013-05-12, 04:53 PM
Glade

Aiden softly chuckles and tightens his hold on Naku a bit. "At least I come around eventually, right?"

Glade

"Iunno, have you come around? S'hard to tell."

Devixer
2013-05-12, 04:55 PM
Glade

"Why don't you find out?" Aiden asks, trying to kiss Naku's cheek, though very close to her lips.

Mee
2013-05-12, 04:59 PM
Glade

"Why don't you find out?" Aiden asks, trying to kiss Naku's cheek, though very close to her lips.

Glade

"Well, that depends exactly on what you're thinking. Because if you're thinking what I think you might be thinking; no."

Devixer
2013-05-12, 05:01 PM
Glade

"Well, I was thinking we continue like we are before heading back to the inn," Aiden says, backing off a moment. "Your call, though."

Mee
2013-05-12, 05:03 PM
Glade

"Well, I was thinking we continue like we are before heading back to the inn," Aiden says, backing off a moment. "Your call, though."

Glade

"Yup. Maybe later, though." Naku says, letting go of the hug.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 05:08 PM
Glade

"Not a problem," Aiden says, backing up and going to gather his soaked clothes.

Mee
2013-05-12, 05:10 PM
Glade

"Not a problem," Aiden says, backing up and going to gather his soaked clothes.

Glade

Naku doesn't respond, but she does go get dressed again.

"You ready?" She asks when they're both redressed.

Hattish Thing
2013-05-12, 05:21 PM
Glade

Ice. Cold. Numbing.

The numbfrost at the forest nearby has begun to seep into the deep parts of the ground and advance on nearby land, freezing everything solid. Rocks freeze over, plants, trees... And the blizzard and snowstorm get larger. The pair might notice that the temperature has suddenly dropped a lot, and the ground seems to be freezing over... Wildlife runs from the storm. CRACKOOOM! There is lightning as well. How odd. Not normal. Must be a magical storm.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 05:23 PM
Glade

Aiden finishes dressing about when it starts getting really cold. Great, some magic thing was going to interrupt a pretty nice night. "Yeah, I'm ready, let's go. Like, now."

Mee
2013-05-12, 05:31 PM
Glade

Ice. Cold. Numbing.

The numbfrost at the forest nearby has begun to seep into the deep parts of the ground and advance on nearby land, freezing everything solid. Rocks freeze over, plants, trees... And the blizzard and snowstorm get larger. The pair might notice that the temperature has suddenly dropped a lot, and the ground seems to be freezing over... Wildlife runs from the storm. CRACKOOOM! There is lightning as well. How odd. Not normal. Must be a magical storm.

Glade

Aiden finishes dressing about when it starts getting really cold. Great, some magic thing was going to interrupt a pretty nice night. "Yeah, I'm ready, let's go. Like, now."

Glade

"I concur. S'go." With that, she lets Aiden lead the way.

Hattish Thing
2013-05-12, 05:36 PM
Glade

"I concur. S'go." With that, she lets Aiden lead the way.

There are forms now, behind them. Far enough to only see four black shapes. Another is on the ground. Help me! Help us, she's hurt! A piece of shrapnel hit her! Help, please, she's hurt!

Devixer
2013-05-12, 05:39 PM
Glade

Nope nope nope not happening. Aiden is not interested in seeing how the Nexus wants to kill him today. He just tries to lead Naku straight to the Dancing Fox.

Mee
2013-05-12, 05:41 PM
There are forms now, behind them. Far enough to only see four black shapes. Another is on the ground. Help me! Help us, she's hurt! A piece of shrapnel hit her! Help, please, she's hurt!

Glade

Nope nope nope not happening. Aiden is not interested in seeing how the Nexus wants to kill him today. He just tries to lead Naku straight to the Dancing Fox.

Home Free! Lawljk

Uuuuunfortunately for Aiden, Naku's too nice. When she hears the crying, she sighs, and turns to look.
"We . . . I've . . . I've gotta go help."

Hattish Thing
2013-05-12, 05:44 PM
Freezing Glade

The forms stand and wait for Naku, soon she'll start seeing shapes. Four men, and a shape on the ground. The men are pretty tall, and wear simple brown monk robes. Closer! Bring help?

Devixer
2013-05-12, 05:46 PM
Freezing Glade

After a moment's hesitation, Aiden nods. "Right, let's go."

Mee
2013-05-12, 05:48 PM
Freezing Glade

After a moment's hesitation, Aiden nods. "Right, let's go."

"Or you keep going, and I'll catch up very, very quickly. Since I can do that better alone, after all."

Freezing Glade

The forms stand and wait for Naku, soon she'll start seeing shapes. Four men, and a shape on the ground. The men are pretty tall, and wear simple brown monk robes. Closer! Bring help?

Regardless of how he answers, though Naku truly hopes Aiden just keeps going, Naku turns and heads over to the four (five?) people.

Devixer
2013-05-12, 05:50 PM
Freezing Glade

Aiden doesn't like that he's leaving Naku behind in this weather, but he remembers that she's far more capable than him if worse comes to worst, and he'd just be dead weight. "Okay. Just be careful, alright?" Aiden turns back and starts heading back to the Dancing Fox.

Lex-Kat
2013-05-12, 05:55 PM
[Melody's Island]

"Umm... no, can't say that I have. But as far as I understand magic, everyone has some ability to use it, if trained, but different heritages make it easier for some over others." So he kind of just assumes everyone has some inherent magical talent.

So she hid it from you as well. she says, then shrugs. Well, at least I know now. she takes a bite of her muffin.

So what brings you to the island? Melody asks.

Reinholdt
2013-05-12, 05:57 PM
[Melody's Island]

"Besides your birthday? I got some free time and I decided I wanted to spend it here." A lot of free time in fact.

Hattish Thing
2013-05-12, 06:15 PM
"Or you keep going, and I'll catch up very, very quickly. Since I can do that better alone, after all."

Regardless of how he answers, though Naku truly hopes Aiden just keeps going, Naku turns and heads over to the four (five?) people.

The five creatures come into view, one on the ground. The four creatures rush to Naku. They attempt to freeze her to the ground. Surrender. We need you. Are you Naku? We will not harm you.

The Bushranger
2013-05-12, 06:16 PM
On A Ship

"No." She crosses her arms and frowns. She is not going to budge on this, it seems. She conveys that simply through body language.

"...bah, you're no fun," Susan declares, sticking her tongue out at the AI before leaning back in the chair she was in.

Forgetting she was sitting in the chair backwards.

And going sprawling.

"...I'm OK!"

Mee
2013-05-12, 06:16 PM
The five creatures come into view, one on the ground. The four creatures rush to Naku. They attempt to freeze her to the ground. Surrender. We need you. Are you Naku? We will not harm you.

"Uh huh. Your negotiation skills suck more than I do when I'm hungry." (Get it? Vampire? No? Okay.)
"I mean, come on, trapping me, and then telling me to surrender? After using an apparently underhanded trick to get me here? What do you even want?" Naku asks, her feet getting encased in ice, and she crosses her arms, most vexed.

Shadowcaller
2013-05-12, 06:40 PM

She would try to get an idea of the layout somehow, particularly wherever the central heating is, or if it has any. That is an important consideration for some reason and she will not hear a word saying it's not.

[Forestside]

Spyridon continues to wait to be allowed into the city. But if the cars are moving too slowly, he will gather his bravery and approach one of the guards in as nonthreatening a manner as posisble.

[Forestside]

One of the guards walk up to him as he comes wandering. The others regarding him cautiously, taking care of the others entering by car. "Not many outsiders come to forestside by foot. What brings you here robe-wearer?" He asks.

[Manor Heist]

"Soo... I guess we aren't trying to masquerade us off as hookers then?" Dena asks with a wide smile as Reyna is looking at the manors layout. "Because I got this little thing with your name written all over it." She's teasing of course. :smallwink:

Lex-Kat
2013-05-12, 06:54 PM
[Melody's Island]

"Besides your birthday? I got some free time and I decided I wanted to spend it here." A lot of free time in fact.

So it wasn't just because it's my birthday. Melody smiles knowingly. Then shrugs. So, what would you like to do? We could play charades.

Lyanna and Estia, standing just behind Melody, look horrified at that suggestion.

Reinholdt
2013-05-12, 07:06 PM
[Melody's Island]

"Hmm... maybe tag would be better? Or hide and seek?" Reinholdt suggests, looking to the girls for opinions.

Lost_Deep
2013-05-12, 07:28 PM
On A Ship

"Think rationally. If it's still there and it catches us, what would be better to lose? Your ship or theirs? It's the worst-case scenario, but in this case the worst-case scenario is the only thing we've seen happen."

The Bushranger
2013-05-12, 09:19 PM
On A Ship

"I was thinking the ship with metaphasic shields would be better, but you might have a point," Susan admits, grumbling to herself as she stands and dusts herself off. Falling off of a chair has a way of dampening righteous indignation.

Lost_Deep
2013-05-12, 09:40 PM
On A Ship

"All I know that traveling through it has previously totaled a military ship, killing every single life form aboard and doing irreparable damage. There isn't enough data to say there is a trend yet, but the implications are clear. This is part of why we should check for it; if it still exists we should mark it as dangerous." Neni thinks for a moment. "Assuming you have some kind of warding beacon to discourage people from approaching."

The Bushranger
2013-05-12, 09:53 PM
[On A Ship]

"We do. Although on this side, there may be little point; stellar travel is, to my knowledge, extremely rare here," Susan admits.

Gnrlshrimp
2013-05-13, 04:50 AM
Outside Fortress Mountain

"It certainly looks good at it's job, I'll give it that." Barry says, walking around Red to examine it. Somehow he suspects a little flattery won't go awry. "If you've fought Magtok before, is there anything you can tell us? We already know about his allies and his robots, but, more than likely he'll have something more waiting. If you remember anything from your past encounters, any special weapons he might have stored.."

"I doubt I can provide much assistance there. This is one of those rare occasions where Magtok is unlikely to bother making a big song and dance out of things, something he tends to do quite literally a lot of the time. Always wasting time showing off instead of getting the job done. About the only thing I can say is that I very much doubt we'll be seeing any of that. No nonsense. No unnecessary flashy performances. I'm sure he'll have tricks and traps all over the place. But having never directly assaulted the magcave myself, I couldn't say what those will be."

Lost_Deep
2013-05-13, 08:49 AM
On A Ship

"The anomaly opened within this planet's gravity well," Neni states. The hologram avatar disappears to be replaced with a map, showing their current location. The comparative location of the Mohnerhuse's wreck, and then backtracks that ship's trajectory to the approximate location of the rift. It's about in high orbit. "This is a risk to even just orbiting craft, not just interstaller or in-system traffic."

Rebonack
2013-05-13, 11:03 AM
Greener Pasture

Well. There's a couch now. Why not?

"I don't see why my uncle should have anything to do with this, I was merely remarking on a similarity." The man pats the overstuffed fabric with mild surprise, testing it's solidity, rubbing a thumb over the embroidered floral pattern. It's certainly a very vivid hallucination. It even has texture.

"He was a magician if you must know." Abandoning his investigation into the mysteries of the couch the stranger leans back, folding his hands behind his head as he talks. "Knew all sorts of things about foreign countries and natural philosophy, and he told the most interesting stories. Tried to teach me magic once, but I wasn't any good with it and my father disagreed."

"But I don't see why it should matter now. I've gone mad and you're only a hallucination, so I don't think either of us is very qualified to puzzle out why I'm so insane all of the sudden. I was fine only yesterday."

The jackalope strokes his chin and scribbles furiously on his notepad. If anyone where to look over his shoulder they would discover that he's playing tic tac toe with himself.

"Mmm... I see..." the horned rodent says. "Very interesting..."

There's a very high probability that the jackalope isn't actually a certified mental health practitioner.

"I believe I know exactly how to cure ya, Mac."

And with that he whips out a banana cream pie and hurls it at the poor confused man.

FireFox
2013-05-13, 11:18 AM

[Forestside]

One of the guards walk up to him as he comes wandering. The others regarding him cautiously, taking care of the others entering by car. "Not many outsiders come to forestside by foot. What brings you here robe-wearer?" He asks.

[Manor Heist]

"Soo... I guess we aren't trying to masquerade us off as hookers then?" Dena asks with a wide smile as Reyna is looking at the manors layout. "Because I got this little thing with your name written all over it." She's teasing of course. :smallwink:

[Manor Heist]

The house, being a fairly modern building, almost certainly has central heating. The furnace room is presumably located in the basement.

[Forestside]

I am a member of Watchtower. I have heard that your city's water supply is being contaminated by some sort of demonic corruption. I am here to provide whatever assistance I can.

The Bushranger
2013-05-13, 12:12 PM
On A Ship

"The anomaly opened within this planet's gravity well," Neni states. The hologram avatar disappears to be replaced with a map, showing their current location. The comparative location of the Mohnerhuse's wreck, and then backtracks that ship's trajectory to the approximate location of the rift. It's about in high orbit. "This is a risk to even just orbiting craft, not just interstellar or in-system traffic."

"Inside the gravity well? That's odd. Natural rifts normally don't do that. Well, there was that one universe with the Earth-orbit wormhole," Susan muses, studying the map with a frown.

Hamlet

Aaaand it's not long before two of everybody's favorite jackbooted thugs come marching down the way, weapons trained on Arina or Aeryn or Erin or whatever. Honestly, would it be that much trouble to think up a new name? [/hypocrite] :smalltongue:

"Please cease floating and identify yourself, or we will fire!" The one in the lead shouts. The shouting is probably unnecessary.

Arina :smalltongue: crosses her arms. Glares at the goosesteppers! And doesn't stop floating in the least...
"My name is Arina. I'm here to work with you. And I'm sure that if you decided to shoot at me both your employer and mine would be quite annoyed with you, as I was sent by the latter on behalf of the former." Her lips turn up in a cruel smirk. "Of course, if you did shoot at me, I might get your boss to give me permission to eat you."

Lost_Deep
2013-05-13, 12:20 PM
On A Ship

"In an infinite universe," Neni muses, her avatar appearing on the edge of the table, "Or in an infinite amount of infinite universes, as the case apparently is, anything is possible."

The Bushranger
2013-05-13, 01:32 PM
On A Ship

"Seeing as that would mean in some universe I was born a Krogan, I'd prefer not to think about that too much," Susan quips. "If there is still a...portal, of some sort, perhaps it might be advisable to try and destablise or destroy it, instead of simply setting a marker," she muses.

Slii Arhem
2013-05-13, 03:33 PM
[Inside Outskirts]

"Sure, let's go see them. Whichever one first; it doesn't matter to me." Mimi agrees readily. It'll be fun to explore all these places to figure out which one's best. Actually seeing it is way better than choosing just based on a description.

[Inside Outskirts - Traveling]

"Okay, so that means we go with the second, then the fourth and finally the fifth. We can probably check out the first if we decide it isn't too cold at least and it looks like it would be fastest if we're going from one place to another." the muse said as the engine roared to life. For the next two hours, the treck would be a somewhat bumpy ride across rather traversable but generally unbeaten paths. It likely wasn't the most comfortable of rides, all things said, but the sheer variance of the scenery would likely be enough to fill the times when natter fell silent. Riss particularly seemed to have some trouble keeping herself awake now that all there was left to do was wait but she appeared to manage. At least for the time being.

But after some time, Archimedes would pull into a rather dense area of foliage and greenery. The noise of the APC was enough to drive away the local fauna, if only for the moment, and the woods were almost eerily quiet because of it. The A.I. seemed to think it would probably be a good idea to let Imp have a bit of time to move around which the hellbeast began using almost immediately to beguin marking her territory. Still, it was a somewhat warm day in the area if a bit windy if the rustling of the leaves was any indication. In any case, it seemed that there were more trees and the like here than had been on the display but, then again, it wasn't the most recent data after all.

The land itself would prove to be surprisingly hilly even if it was more like a series of small waves rather than any large, steep inclines. Somewhat more curious would be what could have once been some sort of stone construction although now all that was left was a lot of mossy rubble in a vague circle. As for the muse, she seemed to be moderately enjoying the area but there appeared to be other concerns that were plaguing her at the moment.

Travelling Fey

"Well this is actually pretty nice, not really what I was expecting though. Might be good to get a stick to help walk with Riss, a fall here with all these roots and hills might make you twist your ankle." Misha looks around for a likely branch as she admires the scenery, trying not to get taken in by it all. It's nice, but she doesn't want the first place she sees to become their new home just because they're willing to settle. The monotony of forests might cause her to go exploring random places again, and that had both bad and good results to it.

Well, she supposed so long as she could drag Riss and Mimi into random exploring it'd be fun no matter what.

"If we can find a decent sized valley here, maybe with a stream running through it between a few of the hills, we'd be mostly sheltered from the wind by the hills and trees."

Lost_Deep
2013-05-13, 03:51 PM
On A Ship

"Does your ship have an extensive suite of scientific sensors? If so, then it is likely that we will be able to find out more about it. Possibly even the way to destroy it, yes, but it's unlikely you have the emitter suite necessary." The map disappears, and Neni resumes her previous location and size.