PDA

View Full Version : Reincarnation

nobodez
2013-05-10, 07:56 PM
I was looking through Paizo's Race Builder last night, and I realized that, at least for the Pathfinder Core Races, it's fairly easy to separate out cultural from physical racial traits, at least Race Point-wise, and make it so that, finally, Reincarnation can make sense (at least, that's one of the problems my gaming group has, in that you lose many of the cultural benefits of your race, along with the physical ones, and gain the cultural benefits of your new race along with the physical ones).

Does dividing the Racial Traits along Race Point lines make sense? I'm thinking of a 4-5-point "Physical" and a 4-6 point "Cultural" separation.

For example, ex-Dwarves would keep Defensive Training, Greed, Stonecunning, Hatred, and Weapon Familiarity and new Dwarves would gain Slow and Steady, Hardy, Stability, and Darkvision.

Matticussama
2013-05-10, 08:01 PM
So long as you make sure the points even out in the end (the race the Dwarf is reincarnated into doesn't end up with too many points v.s a standard character of the new race) that sounds like a pretty great idea to me.

nobodez
2013-05-10, 08:23 PM
So long as you make sure the points even out in the end (the race the Dwarf is reincarnated into doesn't end up with too many points v.s a standard character of the new race) that sounds like a pretty great idea to me.

The problem with that is the Half-Orc, which doesn't have enough Race Points to split properly (at only 8 points, and with all their traits being 2 RP traits, you have to drop down to 4 points for the "Physical" traits, rather than the 5 points all the other Core Races can be separated into, one way to fix this is to give the half-orc a Physical-type 1 RP trait like Sprinter or Fast).