PDA

View Full Version : Getting in the holiday spirit with the NWOD

Trebius
2013-05-10, 07:57 PM
I was reading through some of my Werewolf the forsaken rule books the other day and i realized that they apparently don't talk about the spirits of holidays anywhere. I was wondering if anyone had ideas on what the stats for different holiday spirits would be, and what kind of bans you would give them.

hiryuu
2013-05-10, 10:01 PM
Most of that stuff's going to be in the astral and the dreamtime (since those are where things that are in the popular unconscious; you won't run into a Spirit of Spider-Man or a Spirit of Christmas in the Shadow, but you will in the astral), so werewolves won't really run into it. You're more likely to run into a spirit of revelry, or gift-exchanges, or transfer of cultural thought into another medium rather than a "spirit of Christmas."

Bans for such a thing would vary, I'd guess. A Christmas spirit might be unable to imagine not giving someone a gift every time it's seen and need to get one in return. A New Year's spirit might accept alcohol as chiminage and not be able to enter a room that's not thumping bass like mad.