PDA

View Full Version : Dervish Dance Questions

genericwit
2013-05-10, 11:05 PM
So I understand a dervish can enter a dervish dance. I understand that during the dance, the dervish has the option to make their full attack while moving, taking a step between attacks and not returning to an immediately previous square. I also understand that during the course of this dance, the dervish gains an untyped bonus to attack and damage. What I'm curious about is this: does the dervish still gain a bonus to attack and damage during the dance if they do not take the option to move up to their speed; e.g. if they just stood adjacent to an enemy and full attacked, would they get the bonus to damage? Does it apply to attacks of opportunity as well?

I feel like it would make sense for it to only apply while they are moving in the fashion allowed by the dance, but the only thing it specifies is that for the duration of the dance, get +X to hit and damage.

StreamOfTheSky
2013-05-11, 12:25 AM
When dancing, you HAVE TO move 5 ft between each attack you make. That is part of the drawback/considerations of the ability, and the reason Dervish Dance + Whirlwind Attack is just really cool instead of really broken. You do not have to move between AoO attacks (because the part about moving 5 ft between attacks is in the section on moving + full attacking, and AoOs are not part of your full attack), though. All attacks must be with slashing weapons. All attacks during the dance, including AoOs, get the hit/damage bonus.