PDA

View Full Version : getting into cerebromancer early

pyromanser244
2013-05-11, 09:07 AM
like the title says I'm looking for early entry in cerebromancer. I already know the cheese for the arcane half but the psionic half is digging further into my pocket than I like since I've also got mystic theurge on the stack.

are there any feat tricks that let me manifest 2nd level powers early? would psi-like abilities meet the prerecs, like what I could get with phrenic creature template? is there another method altogether that I don't know about?

need input!

BWR
2013-05-11, 09:21 AM
One level of Ardent + Practised Manifester is the traditional way to go.
Edit: because Ardents can learn a power they can manifest (i.e. spend enough power points to manifest) and Practised Manifester, like Practised Spellcaster, increases your effective manifester level by 4, to a maxmium of your character level. So with 4 levels of something else (wizard, most likely) you can manifest 3rd level powers without even knowing any.
The only drawback is that ardents use Wisdom instead of Intelligence for most things, but if you already have some Mysthic theurge going on, this is likely not a problem.

pyromanser244
2013-05-11, 08:53 PM
ok that works. thanks a lot.

urandom
2013-05-11, 10:58 PM
wizard 1 (sanctum spell or something)
psion 1
save up enough experience to gain three levels
Pay an NPC to cast mental pinnacle on you.
Take a level of wizard (to regain wizard spell casting that you lost from mental pinnacle)
take two levels of cerebromancer.
congrats you are now a level 5 cerebromancer with only one lost level of wizard casting. Take practiced manifester to max out your manifester level (much more valuable than caster level.