PDA

View Full Version : Spontaneously casting any low level spells

Crake
2013-05-11, 12:17 PM
Ok, so I have a bit of a conundrum, if have an epic level sorcerer that is trying to pass as a low level warmage, Assuming roughly level 21-25, how could a sorcerer get access to pretty much every level 0-3 spell without spamming limited wish to duplicate lower level spells?

Amnestic
2013-05-11, 12:29 PM
Ok, so I have a bit of a conundrum, if have an epic level sorcerer that is trying to pass as a low level warmage, Assuming roughly level 21-25, how could a sorcerer get access to pretty much every level 0-3 spell without spamming limited wish to duplicate lower level spells?

Epic Magic? :P

iDesu
2013-05-11, 12:33 PM
This thread ought to help
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75174

Also if I recall correctly there are items that give you spells if you carry them on your person for 24 hours. Price is spell level x spell level x 1000, but for the life of me I can't recall their name.

Fable Wright
2013-05-11, 01:49 PM
A few levels in Mage of the Arcane Order? Turn a slot into any spell, spend another to pay off the debt, and you just cast any spell available through the spellpool.

Emperor Tippy
2013-05-11, 01:54 PM
Shapechange into an Arkamoi (MM5 page 184), they have casting as a 4th level Sorcerer (thus second level spells) as an Ex ability. The best part is you can just shift back into said form as a free action and repick all of your sorcerer spells along with picking up fresh spell slots.

Asrrin
2013-05-13, 11:34 AM
I'm a big fan of Ancestral Relic and a custom Runestaff, but that's just me.

Slipperychicken
2013-05-13, 12:06 PM
There's the feat which lets you spend your own spell slots to power a wand (instead of using the wand's charges). You combine that with having 8999 single-charge wands to make your spells known effectively unlimited.

Then you put wand-chambers in all your wands (RAW, they qualify for it, being improvised weapons with sufficiently-long handles), store them all inside of each other, and put them all inside a wand-chambered weapon or staff so you can cast all your spells with it. You can call this insane contrivance your Rod of Phallic Humor or whatever, and put Sizing on it so everyone thinks you're just being That Guy. Someone casting Detect Magic on it will see hundreds of different auras and probably think it's an artifact.

Emperor Tippy
2013-05-13, 01:06 PM
-snip-

Tippy likes and is going to steal. Great idea.