PDA

View Full Version : [PF]Headband of Vast Intelligence

PlusSixPelican
2013-05-11, 01:57 PM
Does the semi-temporary Int boost from a Headband of Vast Intelligence (or other wondrous item that buffs Int) grant any bonus languages known?

Giarc
2013-05-11, 01:58 PM
Unless otherwise stated, no.

Gnaeus
2013-05-11, 01:59 PM
No, although in Pathfinder it may grant knowledge of a skill.

Keneth
2013-05-11, 03:04 PM
I'm pretty sure one of the devs stated somewhere on the forums that you learn a specific language tied to the headband for each +2 bonus it grants. It gets more ridiculous if the headband grants Linguistics as the skill that gets bonus skill points.

Sylthia
2013-05-11, 07:22 PM
I believe it does, but only as long as the headband is worn, and once you decide on the language, you can't take it off, then put it back on to pick another language.

Jeraa
2013-05-11, 09:17 PM
I believe it does, but only as long as the headband is worn, and once you decide on the language, you can't take it off, then put it back on to pick another language.

If it works like the skill ranks granted by the item, then the language would be selected by the items creator just like the skill is, and not who ever puts the item on.

Keneth
2013-05-12, 03:32 AM
If it works like the skill ranks granted by the item, then the language would be selected by the items creator just like the skill is, and not who ever puts the item on.

Indeed. I remember JB saying that at an expo or something, but I can't find any written record of it, even though I'm pretty sure there was a forum thread with an answer to this as well. So I guess going by RAW, you don't get any new languages, but I'm about 90% sure that by RAI, the creator chooses a language when they craft the headband.