PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] The Sitar's Strings Restaurant - Humans Only

happyturtle
2013-05-11, 03:00 PM
Excellent food and drink
By humans, for humans

This restaurant employees only humans and only serves human customers. It is a meeting place for the human supremacist movement. IC Owned by Brian Starling and managed by Jan Lamar. Non-humans with good disguises can get in without being challenged.

Employees:
Brian Starling - owner (Happyturtle)
Jan Lamar - manager (Happyturtle)
Emily Lamar - teenage waitress (Happyturtle)
Maeve - waitress (C'nor)
Teb - musician (Mindfreak)

How to join the Humanist Cult:
Not everyone who works here or eats here is a Humanist, but many are. If you have a PC that you'd like to join the group and have them already be somewhat trusted, we can handwave that - IF they are genuine in wanting to be in the group. If you are trying to infiltrate, or you want to keep their motivations to yourself, then you'll need to roleplay them working their way in. It can be considered uncommon knowledge (available to anyone with a moderate 'streetwise' skill) that Kareem is the man to talk to if you want to get on the inside of the group. Brian Starling, the head of the group, keeps his hands clean and only speaks freely to the inner circle of members.

Human Supremacists:
Brian Starling - owner (Happyturtle)
Jan Lamar - manager (Happyturtle)
Emily Lamar - teenage waitress, daughter of Jan (Happyturtle)
Kareem - (Happyturtle)
Dr Bauer - NotSee evil scientist (Happyturtle)
Zefir - (Zefir)
James Dalton - (Magtok)

Hattish Thing
2013-05-11, 03:13 PM
Dr. Dantallion/Martyn walks into the bar. He needed to blend in with people. He'd have his Dantallion identity as an eccentric Arcanus teacher. Meanwhile, Mogrym would join the human supremacists. So, he walked in, his body and form shifted into a middle aged man with dark green eyes and long grey hair. He looks odd and speaks in a Scottish accent. He wears green and black robes much like this. https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqhcVpM29qfQSDe646du_Sk1e4IY-OXVRJ7ArkEEqwIFZMrJ6q

He's heard about Kareem and moves to the barkeep. I'm lookin' fer Kareem.

happyturtle
2013-05-11, 03:25 PM
Dr Dantillon will be seated and given a menu. The Sitar's Strings offers standard restaurant fare. Ha! I'm still not inventing a menu for the place! Unless he does anything out of the ordinary, he should blend in fine.

One of the customers is a burly man with a shaved head, sitting at the bar. "Who's asking?"

Hattish Thing
2013-05-11, 03:36 PM
Dr Dantillon will be seated and given a menu. The Sitar's Strings offers standard restaurant fare. Ha! I'm still not inventing a menu for the place! Unless he does anything out of the ordinary, he should blend in fine.

One of the customers is a burly man with a shaved head, sitting at the bar. "Who's asking?"

Dr. Dantallion orders a very spicy stew, with potatoes, onions, carrots, and other savory vegetables. If anyone could sense magic, they'd definitely sense the massive magical might surrounding the man. Dr. Mogrym Dantallion. I share in a certain belief common 'round 'ere.

happyturtle
2013-05-11, 03:42 PM
Okay. I was confused. I thought 'Dr Dantillon' and 'Mogrym' were too different people - one who was trying to blend in and not get noticed, and another who is trying to get noticed by the front man of a human supremacist group. :smalltongue:

"I see. Why don't you tell me about it. Emily? Give this man the discount." Kareem says, giving a wave to the teenage waitress.

((Is Marty/Mogrym/Dantillon a human?))

Hattish Thing
2013-05-11, 03:50 PM
Okay. I was confused. I thought 'Dr Dantillon' and 'Mogrym' were too different people - one who was trying to blend in and not get noticed, and another who is trying to get noticed by the front man of a human supremacist group. :smalltongue:

"I see. Why don't you tell me about it. Emily? Give this man the discount." Kareem says, giving a wave to the teenage waitress.

((Is Marty/Mogrym/Dantillon a human?))

Derp, didn't mean to write Dantallion after Mogrym. Still not feeling too great! You are correct Happy. :smalltongue: I meant to write Mogrym Alabaster. No Doctor or anything like that. Derp. I hate that feeling when you're trying to do something but your brain isn't quite well yet. :smalltongue:

Mogrym Alabaster is naturally a half-elf, but due to the way he can change his body now, he's a middle aged human. No illusions, he actually shifts his flesh around. :smallyuk: Aye, so ye are Kareem? Discount? Mm... she's a pretty one.

happyturtle
2013-05-12, 11:00 AM
Brain fog is rather un-fun, yes. :smallyuk:

Bar

"Don't get any ideas. She's just a kid," Kareem says. "I'm Kareem."

Hattish Thing
2013-05-12, 11:10 AM
Brain fog is rather un-fun, yes. :smallyuk:

Bar

"Don't get any ideas. She's just a kid," Kareem says. "I'm Kareem."

Mogrym nods and shrugs. He removes his hood revealing dark brown hair and big green eyes. Ideas? Of course not... Kareem, yes. I gathered. You're the spokesperson?

happyturtle
2013-05-12, 11:22 AM
Bar

"You could think of me as the bouncer. I decide who gets into the party, and who gets tossed out," Kareem says.

Hattish Thing
2013-05-12, 11:49 AM
Bar

"You could think of me as the bouncer. I decide who gets into the party, and who gets tossed out," Kareem says.

Mogrym nods and smiles a bit, revealing average teeth. Mmm... And have you made a decision 'bout me? He grins and his stew ally arrives! Yummy. He begins eating a bit.

happyturtle
2013-05-12, 01:22 PM
The Bar

"So far all I know about you is your name and that you were eyeing up the manager's daughter." Kareem says, then takes a long swig of his beer. "Not much to base any sort of decision on."

Hattish Thing
2013-05-12, 05:08 PM
The Bar

"So far all I know about you is your name and that you were eyeing up the manager's daughter." Kareem says, then takes a long swig of his beer. "Not much to base any sort of decision on."

He nods and adjusts his robes. He begins speaking. I'm relatively new here, and have looked around this place... I can barely walk in public anymore without seeing some freak of nature walking with normal people. Or worse, kissing. Hell, Trog's Tavern is full of 'em. I don't go in public much now. It's just disgusting. I want to do something about it, you know?

I am a practitioner of special magic. You could save I have special friends. At this a coin flips out of Morgym/Marty's pocket, and will float to land by Kareem. Buy a drink, it's on me.

happyturtle
2013-05-13, 03:52 AM
Bar

Kareem glances at the coin, but doesn't move to pick it up. It's not like he has to pay for his drinks here.

"What's your answer to how to deal with other races?"

Hattish Thing
2013-05-14, 01:09 AM
Bar

Kareem glances at the coin, but doesn't move to pick it up. It's not like he has to pay for his drinks here.

"What's your answer to how to deal with other races?"

Well, Mogrym awkwardly watches it silently, and then responds to the question slowly at first, then faster. ...Peacefully. At first. Politics are a good thing. Make them look bad, make them feel unwelcome. Get money, funding. People in high places, completely legally. Spread the word, spread flyers... Erect billboards. And... If that doesn't work, well... There are... ways t' do things to directly confront them. I happen to be particularly fond of the idea of a crusade...

happyturtle
2013-05-14, 03:05 PM
Bar

Well, Mogrym awkwardly watches it silently, and then responds to the question slowly at first, then faster. ...Peacefully. At first. Politics are a good thing. Make them look bad, make them feel unwelcome. Get money, funding. People in high places, completely legally. Spread the word, spread flyers... Erect billboards. And... If that doesn't work, well... There are... ways t' do things to directly confront them. I happen to be particularly fond of the idea of a crusade...

"But surely non-humans and part-humans have a right to live here too, so long as they obey the laws." Kareem says.

Hattish Thing
2013-05-14, 08:17 PM
Bar

"But surely non-humans and part-humans have a right to live here too, so long as they obey the laws." Kareem says.

Marty/Mogrym breathes in deeply before speaking again. Well... No. I don't think so. Quite frankly, half-humans are worse than non-humans. There are abominations of life, and deserve pain and punishment. Don't you agree?

happyturtle
2013-05-15, 05:39 AM
Bar

Kareem takes a deep glug of his beer. "Pain and punishment?" The last thing he'd said had been a test - one that Mogrym had failed. The occasional torture or vivisection was one thing, but making it a policy was not a smart idea. Besides, in his mind, half-humans deserved pity. They had been given all the pain and punishment they 'deserved' by their parents, selfishly bringing them into being. "You should join AMEN."

Hattish Thing
2013-05-15, 04:03 PM
Bar

Kareem takes a deep glug of his beer. "Pain and punishment?" The last thing he'd said had been a test - one that Mogrym had failed. The occasional torture or vivisection was one thing, but making it a policy was not a smart idea. Besides, in his mind, half-humans deserved pity. They had been given all the pain and punishment they 'deserved' by their parents, selfishly bringing them into being. "You should join AMEN."

Mogrym groans and speaks. Listen, Kareem. I offer very powerful abilities for your group. I don't want to be in charge or anything. I want to kill. Please, shall I demonstrate some of my abilities? I guarantee I could obliterate a few street blocks right now. He steps off his stool, and freezes it solid unless stopped. It explodes, due to expanding, but doesn't hit anyone because a shield of Mogrym/Martyn's appears to block it. A few seconds later, the pieces fly back together, and Marty sits back in his normal if chilled wooden stool.

happyturtle
2013-05-16, 05:45 AM
Bar

"You want to kill. We don't. Therefore you aren't a good fit here. Try AMEN." Kareem says.

Reinholdt
2013-05-20, 07:29 AM
A new customer arrives!
http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq276/Reinholdt9000/Gaia/NormalGuy_zps244cf95e.png
The normal human guy is juggling a few signs, but seems to do it well enough. Looks like he's had a long day of protesting and wants a drink before heading out to do some more.

Hattish Thing
2013-05-20, 08:53 PM
Mogrym is obviously rather upset at being spurned. Now, you listen here.... I know your leader is probably hated by quite a few people in the city. Think about it... Sitting around and protesting does nothing. There's an idea... But you have to do things with those ideas. Fight for what you believe. I fight for what I believe in. Why don't you?

Zefir
2013-05-21, 01:10 AM
And another new customer enteres the Restaurant. It's zefir. He greets Kareem and the others as he comes in. He wasn't here for some time but there is no need to interrupt Kareem.

As he heads for a free table, he pass the other guy and tries to get a look at the signs.

happyturtle
2013-05-21, 08:01 AM
Bar

"Our methods are different than yours," Kareem says.

Entrance

"Welcome to Sitar's Strings," Emily says to the newcomer. She'll seat him at either the bar or a table, depending on which he prefers, and help him stash his signs out of the way. Zefir will be seated at a table, since that's what he wanted. In both cases, orders will be taken and drinks and/or food provided.

Reinholdt
2013-05-21, 09:04 AM
"Thank you." The man says as he takes a seat at a table. Standing for long periods of time is tiring, even for protest guy. I can't imagine how his arms feel.

The signs include:

Non-humans are Inhuman!

Don't screw with elves.
They have venereal diseases.
and

Kobolds ate my babies!

Are the ones I can be bothered to make up right now.

Morty
2013-05-21, 04:52 PM
A short, heavy-set man in a black t-shirt and dark jeans is watching the exchange between Mogrym and Kareem. That guy is starting to get more and more violent, so it might be he'll need to be asked to leave.

Earl of Purple
2013-05-21, 05:03 PM
Ekkehard Ohtheresson has just walked in. He's got brown hair and eyes and is slightly more attractive than plain. He's wearing a yellow tunic and a pair of denim jeans, with a black bowler hat sat upon his head and black Chelsea boots upon his feet. He'll try to find somewhere out of the way and with a good view of other patrons where he can sit down and eat in peace, and possibly open the book of word searches in his pocket.

Hattish Thing
2013-05-21, 05:04 PM
Mogrym doesn't like this. This wasn't part of his plans. He simply bows his head a little, before walking out of the place. As soon as he's about fifty feet away, he'll raise his left hand covered by the white gauntlet. This will most likely cause the door to The Sitar's Strings to blast inside the tavern rocketing off the hinges. Mogrym then teleports.

Zefir
2013-05-22, 04:16 AM
Zefir get's over to the table with the sign guy. With a gesture he asks if he can take a seet, while speaking to the man.

"How do the protests go?" he ask in a friendly voice.

happyturtle
2013-05-22, 06:19 AM
The door is blasted, but it isn't a strong enough door to survive being blown off its hinges to become a door-missile. Instead, it gets blasted to pieces, with wood shrapnel going everywhere.

Kareem is at the bar, at the far side of the room from the door. Some of the splinters hit him before he ducks, but it's only superficial damage compared to what happens to Emily.

Emily is nearest to the door, and she goes down with a cry, covered in blood along the right side of her body. It looks bad.

Worse, it made her drop the tray of drinks she was carrying to Zefir and Sign Guy! :smallmad:

Morty
2013-05-22, 06:26 AM
The heavy-set security man who had been watching Mogrym earlier hurries over to Emily in order to examine the damage done by Mogrym's childish tantrum.

Reinholdt
2013-05-22, 07:22 AM
"Pretty good I th-Eep!" Protest guy starts at the sudden asplosion!
His drinks!
His waitress!

He's frozen at first, not sure what to do in such an emergency situation.
A bit later his brain will kick in and calling 911 seems to take precedence as he has no skills to help the girl directly.

Zefir
2013-05-22, 03:01 PM
In the moment things explode, Zefir is lucky to not look at the door. Even thought a few pieces hit him they don't manage to pass his clothers, but cause some scratches where he got no.

He needs a moment to get what happened. As Protest guy calls 911 he heads for the doors to clean the way so the ambulance can enter .

At least he will remind the aura this guy had.

Earl of Purple
2013-05-22, 04:31 PM
Ekkehard Ohtheresson ducks at the explosion, before climbing out from behind his table and slipping a ring back into a pocket in his trousers. He rushes over to Emily, seeming quite concerned. He isn't actually capable of caring for most people, as he's a demon in disguise, but he is very good at faking it and he hopes that Emily might be persuaded to make a deal.

He slips a potion from his pocket and will try to slip it down Emily's throat; it's a healing potion, and not one of the cursed ones used by certain branches of the Dalachrechian clergy, but they did brew this one so it might not be as effective as it otherwise could be.

happyturtle
2013-05-23, 07:30 AM
Those examining the hurt waitress can almost draw a line along Emily's face to show where she was partially turned away from the door. The left side of her face is uninjured. The right side of her face is a bloody mess, and it's hard to tell whether her eye is salvageable. Her right arm, up to her sleeve looks bad, with one massive dagger size splinter stabbed in deep, just above her elbow. Some of the bleeding is heavy, but it looks as if no major arteries were hit. All of the wounds are embedded with wood splinters, paint flakes, and even a bit of glass.

Ekkehard might not want to use the potion just yet, or the healing will enclose a lot of wood debris under the skin.

911 is called! Luckily the Nexus phones redirect 911, 999, 112, 000, and other commonly used emergency numbers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_telephone_number#Emergency_numbers_and_m obile_telephones) to the right place. I guess it works like the automatic translation.

Zefir will probably need to move some toppled chairs and tables to make room for the ambulance, and possibly sweep up the floor. Whether or not he can recognize Mogrym/Marty's aura is for Hatter to say.

Kareem stays at the bar and dials his phone as well, swivelling to keep an eye on the situation.

Morty
2013-05-23, 03:34 PM
The security guy, whose name is Zoltan, makes sure that Emily is stable and if she is, he will not tamper with her wounds further. He prefers to wait for the ambulance to arrive rather than risk making them worse.

Reinholdt
2013-05-23, 03:43 PM
Alas, Protest guy can add no more to this in a helpful manner. He does make a note to add protesting violence in the future. Or doors. Doors seem pretty shifty...

He will fetch anything that might be asked for though. Fresh water perhaps or clean cloths.

Zefir
2013-05-25, 03:38 AM
Zefir will do his best. As long as he finds something to sweep the floor he will do it. The most important thing is that the ambulance can enter without problems.

Earl of Purple
2013-05-25, 03:50 PM
Ekkehard draws back at the last minute, realising that healing her might not be in her best interests until all the wood is removed. So he'll stay nearby and wait. Maybe he can donate it to the ambulance crew if they don't have any magical healing, which is doubtful in the Nexus.

happyturtle
2013-05-26, 12:17 PM
The ambulance arrives, with a pair of paramedics - one human (Charity Evans) and one goblin. Kareem sneers in revulsion, but doesn't stop the goblin.

"Hang on, there. We just need to stop the bleeding," Charity says in a soothing voice as they work on her.

"Am I going to have scars?" Emily whimpers. She hasn't opened her eyes yet. One of them might not still be there.

"It's too early to say," the goblin says. "Just be still. As soon as we bandage you up, we'll get you to the hospital." He looks up. "Is anyone else hurt?"

Reinholdt
2013-05-26, 12:26 PM
Protest Guy sneers. "Only by your face."

Well that was just mean. Meany mean.

Still, that's a no, he's not.

Zefir
2013-05-26, 01:17 PM
Zefir has a few scratches, but nothing that is in any way dangerouse so he doesn't mention it.

Morty
2013-05-26, 02:25 PM
"We seem fine here," Zoltan says levelly. Unlike the Protest Guy, he doesn't appear inclined to insult the goblin. The reason is that he thinks the subterranean rodent is beneath his notice.

Earl of Purple
2013-05-26, 04:56 PM
"I have a healing potion. Will that help?" Ekkehard was sat quite far from the door. He's also directing his comments towards Charity, though he isn't quite ignoring the goblin.

happyturtle
2013-05-27, 04:49 AM
"I don't have any way to analyse potions. It's up to the patient." Charity says.

Emily takes the potion with her good hand. "Thank you, Ekkehard."

Soon enough, Emily is taken out on a stretcher and off to hospital, for painstaking removal of about 40,000 splinters.

Reinholdt
2013-05-27, 01:08 PM
Protest Guy sits back in thought. Or shock. A bit of that. That was pretty brutal after all. He'd tell his psychiatrist about it later if he still had one. He'll have to leave an extra big tip just to show his support.

Zefir
2013-05-27, 01:27 PM
Zefir sits back on bar, cooling himself down. Things have been cleared so there isn't anything to do right now.

"What's up with the crazy guy? Was he drunken or such?" he asks Kareem if he is close.

Earl of Purple
2013-05-27, 04:37 PM
Ekkehard will watch Emily leave, before turning and moving back to his seat and sitting down. He won't motion for another waitress, though, preferring to sit and mope.

Morty
2013-06-01, 05:10 AM
"I hope that this goblin takes care of her properly," Zoltan says. "You know you can't trust them any further than you can throw them. And I think that the door was blown after that man was denied something. Childish, if you ask me."

Reinholdt
2013-06-01, 09:08 AM
"I'm surprised they even let goblins on the medical teams. Everyone knows they're unhygienic." That's bad for fighting infections!

happyturtle
2013-06-01, 11:45 AM
A few minutes later, Brian Starling arrives at the restaurant, having been called by Kareem. He examines the wreckage and shakes his head, before calling Kareem and Zoltan over. "Jan is on her way to the hospital to stay with Emily. Do you think the perpetrator will return?"

happyturtle
2013-07-21, 06:40 AM
Several months later

Sitar's Strings

A tall pale man with slightly curly shoulder length black hair enters, wearing a black suit that accentuates his gymnast build of wiry muscle and slender frame. He wears a pair of white gloves and seems to have a constant small smile on his face. At Javert Olearius' right side is a tarnished silver rapier, but when he enters, he offers his sword to the Matre D. "I believe I made a reservation for one at Seven. If you could guide me to my table, I'd much appreciate it."

Emily is back on the job, with only a few of the worst scars still showing on her right hand and arm, and one along her right cheek. "This way, Sir." She doesn't have to look up the reservation or ask his name. Business has been slow lately.

Zefir
2013-07-23, 03:44 AM
Zefir sits here as well. He takes a break from his business in Inside. It's obviouse that he enyojs the no non-human policy of this Inn. He greets the newcomer between two bites of his meal.

NatsuGaki
2013-07-25, 05:13 PM
A young woman of about seventeen in a purple yukata walks in, looking around curiously. She seems to be human, and actually is, but her copious amounts of long silver hair make her look a little less so. Most of her hair is just barely brushing the ground, and the rest is up in some elaborate oriental style with plenty of decorations.

She seems to be a bit undecided, as she stands near the door and inspects the inside of the restaurant.

UncleWolf
2013-07-31, 03:14 PM
Several Months later

Javert nods with a small smile as she puts the sword away before he follows her. Once he takes a seat, he'll reach out to gently stop her from leaving by touching her shoulder. "I'd like a glass of wine and to be able to speak to Brian please. I don't mind waiting if he is busy."

happyturtle
2013-08-04, 02:54 PM
A young woman of about seventeen in a purple yukata walks in, looking around curiously. She seems to be human, and actually is, but her copious amounts of long silver hair make her look a little less so. Most of her hair is just barely brushing the ground, and the rest is up in some elaborate oriental style with plenty of decorations.

She seems to be a bit undecided, as she stands near the door and inspects the inside of the restaurant.

The woman will see a rather nice restaurant done up in dark reds and Indian style decor. The food smells good, and there's a sample menu posted by the door for her to check out. A few of the regulars are sitting in the bar area, and the blonde teenage waitress (Emily), with scars on her face, is helping a tall, pale man (Javert).

Several Months later

Javert nods with a small smile as she puts the sword away before he follows her. Once he takes a seat, he'll reach out to gently stop her from leaving by touching her shoulder. "I'd like a glass of wine and to be able to speak to Brian please. I don't mind waiting if he is busy."

"Is he expecting you? And who should I say is waiting?" Emily asks Javert.

NatsuGaki
2013-08-05, 07:25 AM
The woman is quite impressed by the inside of the restaurant, but she is still looking for something. Perhaps a 'no dogs allowed' sign. So, as, at the moment, she can't find it, she decides to wait for the waitress.

UncleWolf
2013-08-13, 05:44 PM
Javert Waiting

"No, I don't think he knows who I am, but my name is Javert Olearius and I have a problem I would like to speak to him about if he has the time." The man says with a small smile, appearing to be perfectly amiable.

happyturtle
2013-08-14, 03:02 PM
Javert Waiting

"No, I don't think he knows who I am, but my name is Javert Olearius and I have a problem I would like to speak to him about if he has the time." The man says with a small smile, appearing to be perfectly amiable.

"I'll let him know," Emily says, and goes to the back. It's about ten minutes before Brian Starling comes out of his office.

"Please, come sit down, Mr Olearius," he says, and leads Javert to his VIP corner booth.

The woman is quite impressed by the inside of the restaurant, but she is still looking for something. Perhaps a 'no dogs allowed' sign. So, as, at the moment, she can't find it, she decides to wait for the waitress.

There is a 'Humans Only' sign, rather prominently displayed. Presumably that would also mean 'no dogs'. :smalltongue:

Emily approaches the woman after delivering Javert's message. "May I help you?"

UncleWolf
2013-08-14, 05:55 PM
VIP Booth

Javert stands and gives a bow before following Brian to the booth and sitting down. "Thank you for seeing me. I have a...I suppose it seems like a minor issue, but it is one that involves quite a bit in regards to my family's House." He admits. "See, there are issues of inheritance involved, and while my brother has given up his right to it, he's the only one with a child and I'm not sure the rest of us will have a chance to have any. Life is brutal after all." The assassin says with a small shrug.

"However, she's an ork he and his part-elf wife adopted and any further child will have elfen blood. See the issue?"

happyturtle
2013-08-15, 03:52 AM
VIP Booth

"Mmm... certainly disagreeable, but aren't there precautions you could take, despite life's brutality? I'm certain you could find a woman - or more than one - who would be glad to raise your child, particularly if you provided financial support." Starling says.

NatsuGaki
2013-08-15, 10:25 AM
There is a 'Humans Only' sign, rather prominently displayed. Presumably that would also mean 'no dogs'. :smalltongue:

Emily approaches the woman after delivering Javert's message. "May I help you?"

The woman looks a little shocked to be addressed. Apparently she had been in her own little world.

"Oh! Yes. I was wondering if I could bring my dog in, he is just a common dog, and relatively small..." By common she means that her dog cannot speak, or think, as a human might. Relatively small could be a comparison to any creature, really.

Anyways, she seems rather attached to her pet and inclined to leave if it isn't allowed.

happyturtle
2013-08-15, 11:03 AM
Emily shakes her head. "I'm afraid not. It wouldn't be hygienic to have animals on the premises."

Most restaurants in the Nexus are less fussy, because they cater to so many different species of people that a pet or two doesn't really make any difference. But the proprietors of the Sitar's Strings are not very open minded.

NatsuGaki
2013-08-15, 11:31 AM
The woman bows politely.

"Thank you for that information."

And then proceeds out the door. Outside, she pats a dog that is relatively small. To a dragon. Turning around, she smiles and waves before walking off.

UncleWolf
2013-08-15, 03:50 PM
VIP Booth

Javert gives a small sigh. "If possible, I would do so, but the blast that resulted in many parts of my body being replaced by cybernetics has removed that option from me. While I am capable of...performance, reproduction is impossible. While my sister could probably be capable of bearing offspring, her mental state has been...questionable. She has fixated all her attention on a servitor that she believes to the the embodiment of a man she had a crush on. Needless to say, she can't be counted on. Even so, I suppose I can figure out a different way, but my bigger question is this. If something should happen to the me and my sister, should my...niece stand to inherit anything? Our parents are dead and we lack cousins or even bastards to send such to."

happyturtle
2013-08-15, 03:55 PM
VIP Booth

"If the property is under your control now, then can you not name an heir of your choice, to make sure any potential part-elven child does not inherit? Is blood so important that it would override your choice in a will? I disregard the orc child, since an adopted child of your brother would surely not inherit before a chosen heir of your own." Starling says. He is a bit puzzled as to why he's being consulted on legal matters though. He isn't an expert, even on this world, and certainly could not speak to how things would go in another universe.

Front Door

Emily: :eek:

"I'm really glad I didn't let her bring in her dog..."

UncleWolf
2013-08-16, 05:56 PM
VIP Booth

Javert nods. "I suppose I've been overlooking the obvious in my distress. Thank you for your advice and I apologize for wasting your time in this matter." After a moment's thought, he checks the watch on his wrist, fiddling with the control that messes with the hour and minute hands. "Do you have the time? My watch appears to have stopped." He asks, holding the face up to his ear and looking past Brian as he listens to it.

happyturtle
2013-08-17, 04:23 AM
VIP Booth

Starling takes out his pocket watch and examines it. "It is 6:35."

UncleWolf
2013-08-17, 11:01 AM
VIP Booth

"Thank you." Javert says as his watch gives a small click. As soon as the click happens, his smile widens ever-so-slightly and his hand blurs as it swings towards Brian's neck. The wire-knife hidden in his watch is short, so he has to extend his arm nearly fully and that slows his motion a sliver, but he's still abominably fast. If his slice connects, it should sever all the veins and arteries in Brian's neck with a near-painless blow. Brian probably wouldn't have the time to know what happened afterward though as the sudden loss of blood-pressure to his brain should have him unconscious within the second.

(All Attempted of course)

happyturtle
2013-08-17, 11:43 AM
VIP Booth

Brian Starling doesn't even see it coming.

He's out.

UncleWolf
2013-08-17, 11:57 AM
VIP Booth

Javert sits back down, not in any sort of real rush, and pulls out a handkerchief to wipe his bloody hand off. He begins to hum to himself as he puts the wire-knife down where his utensils should have been by now, but he couldn't very well expect his food to be delivered now, could he? The assassin even takes off his watch and sets it next to the knife before pulling out a cellphone and dialing a number.

"Remnant? Yes, this is an emergency. I'd like to report the murder of Brian Starling in his restaurant. Yes, I know who committed it. I did. I'll be waiting and am unarmed. Send Submission Halifax as the team lead, otherwise I will depart. Have a nice day." He says, turning the phone off and setting it on the table next to the weapons as he waits, the same strange smile playing across his lips.

Lord Magtok
2013-08-18, 09:07 AM
Not Far From the VIP Booth

Oh you son of a bitch. You sick bastard, you worthless slimeball, you inhuman abomination, how could you?! How could you just up and kill Brian Starling like that?! How could you take that charming gentleman's life away like that, without so much as a warning?! You vile, putrid monster-

"I was going to do that!"

A certain rogue, entirely biological MagClone rises out of his seat in frustration, slamming his drink down against the table. Godtok and Mara, though off-screen until now, had been making every effort towards sneaking closer and closer to the head of the human supremacy movement. They'd established new identities, done their best to endear themselves to Starling, mapped out no less than a dozen elegant executions, underwent tireless investigations into whether or not he was secretly a clockwork robot man, and all of that...all of that, for nothing! How could you, you awful stranger?! And to invite Missy of all people to the diner immediately afterward!

"****ing...Mara, check to see if he still has a weird robot pulse or wires in his neck or something. After that, knock out a window; we're leaving."

happyturtle
2013-08-18, 09:28 AM
Mara heads to the booth to obey, trying to suppress the big grin that wants to break out. Being a shapeshifter does help with that though, and she's definitely smiling on the inside.

Just as she reaches the booth, watching Javert warily, Emily sees what has happened and screams. Then, in a move which would surprise her mother (if she were here) and Starling (if he were alive) she pulls a gun out of her apron and fires it into the ceiling. "NOBODY MOVES!" :smallfurious: Then waving the gun at Mara. "You! Call for help!"

"It's too late," Mara says, gesturing at the body. "Nobody loses that much blood and lives." Which suggests it's probably not a clockwork body, but who can be sure without an autopsy?

"Remnant is already on their way," Javert replies in his polite voice. (godmod approved)

"Call them anyway," Emily orders Mara. "He might be lying." Her gun wavers between Mara, Javert, and random other people in the room. Anyone who is trained in guns can tell that Emily isn't. Anyone skilled in reading faces and body language can tell that Emily is about *this close* to completely freaking out.

Mara can certainly tell both of the above, and deciding that at the moment, placating her is less dangerous than trying to get the gun off of her, makes the call - after removing her phone from her pocket v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y. Only to be informed that Remnant is on their way and will likely arrive in the next few posts minutes.

Lord Magtok
2013-08-18, 11:10 AM
Godtok remains standing, though he doesn't move from the table, not entirely eager to get shot in the face by a frightened waitress. Just like Starling to arm his stupid waitstaff; now how are they going to get out before Halifax shows up?!

"Alright there, Remnant's been called. Now then, an entirely inconsequential and irrelevant patron of this diner, I'd like to leave now, if the gun-waving waitress will permit that. Can I walk out of this diner without being shot?"

He frowns impatiently at Emily, more irritated by her presence than afraid of her. This isn't the first time he's had to deal with gun-toting maniacs, after all, and he doesn't really believe she'd shoot unless he ran towards her or something stupid like that.

happyturtle
2013-08-18, 11:41 AM
"Nobody leaves. NOBODY!" Emily says, swinging the gun back towards Godtok. Presumably he doesn't actually look like Magtok at the moment, as that wouldn't be very effective for infiltration. If he does, I'll need to edit this post for how she'll react to that.

Zefir
2013-08-18, 03:25 PM
Zefir just looks at the scene, but can't do anything. Sadly a death scene is nothing new to him and after all he can't see anything, so he just continues with his meal.

UncleWolf
2013-08-18, 05:04 PM
"Milady?" Javert calls to Emily, not really moving but looking over his shoulder through the corner of his eyes. "I am the guilty party here, so you can let these fine people go. If you could, calm down and please point the gun elsewhere. You wouldn't be able to hurt me with it anyway. I promise I'm not a threat to anyone here anymore and will continue to sit here till the authorities arrive. But since you're up..." The assassin says before lifting up his empty wineglass and holding it to the side before giving it a little wiggle.

Lord Magtok
2013-08-19, 09:09 AM
He doesn't look anything like Magtok, seeing as he's a shapeshifter, and that would make for an absolutely terrible disguise. He reluctantly lifts up his hands, doing so slowly, so Emily can see he's not about to employ some nefarious secret weapon or something.

"Sure, sure, fine. Nobody leaves. Gotcha."

happyturtle
2013-08-19, 09:27 AM
"STOP TALKING!" Emily yells at Javert, while shooting his glass to pieces in his hands.

Or at least that's how she imagined that shot going. She actually misses the glass and Javert and ends up with the bullet embedded in the booth's upholstery.

An amplified voice is heard from outside. "Everyone in the restaurant, put down your weapons." Javert and Godtok will recognize it as Halifax. Emily notably does not put down her gun. Missy enters, in Praetorian armour, pointing guns from both hands to cover the entire restaurant.

UncleWolf
2013-08-19, 08:22 PM
Javert raises an eyebrow and sighs as he wiggles the glass once more before Missy enters. When she does, his smile widens into a grin. "Hello, Halifax! Don't mind the girl with the gun, she can't hit anything with it and is just in shock. She can't really hurt anyone here with that except herself. I'd offer you a seat, but it's taken by the man I just killed." He says, gesturing towards the corpse before turning to Emily.

"Really, if you'd be a dear? You might as well go home. Or to a therapist. I can't imagine how traumatic this might be for you, it's been so long since I've given anything like this a second thought." He admits before tilting his head at the girl, ignoring Halifax for a moment. "Did you love him?" He asks entirely inappropriately and looking not-at-all concerned for the girl's mental wellbeing or apologetic for killing him. He looks more like a predator analyzing another victim.

Lord Magtok
2013-08-19, 08:57 PM
Godtok scowls. He has no idea where Mara is, and can't go looking, either. He's confined to his current location by Emily and now Missy, trapped and forced to hope nobody pays him or Mara any attention.

"Mara, new plan, don't do anything. This isn't about us, we're innocent bystanders who are going to be overlooked completely. Don't do a thing, I want to go home after this."

happyturtle
2013-08-20, 05:25 AM
Missy came in slightly Accelerated, so she reacts much faster than Emily. She fires one of her guns at Javert, with enough spread that he'll find it difficult to dodge. He may be armoured, but she has some pretty powerful weaponry, and she could probably punch right through...

Oh. Goober rounds. (http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2011-09-21) Guess that works too. (godmod approved)

Once she's successful in immobilizing Javert, she addresses Emily by name - after all, Remnant is well aware of the denizens of the Human Supremacist hangout, and they've dealt with Emily directly at least twice before. "Emily, I know this is a terrible thing to happen, but it won't help Mr Starling for anyone else to get hurt. I'm sure he wouldn't want you to get hurt. We have the killer immobilized. Please, put the gun down gently on the table behind you." If she doesn't, Missy's prepared to use goober rounds on her too, but she'd prefer not to add any more trauma to the poor teenage bigot's life.

"I... don't..." Emily's gun hand wavers, and Missy tries to keep her armoured self between the gun and anyone else in the restaurant.

"Please. Once this is over, you'll be glad you didn't shoot anyone."

Emily lowers the gun and turns to lay it down on the table behind her. Of course, that's when she accidentally discharges the gun.

"Gack."

Zefir
2013-08-20, 11:15 AM
Zefir watches the whole scene from his table, but didn't stop eating, even after the shootings. It's best to keep going what he did the whole time, especially since Remnant appeared. Let's just hope they don't care about an AMENitie in the city.

Lord Magtok
2013-08-20, 12:23 PM
Godtok doesn't stop to shout 'NO!' at the sound of Mara being shot. He doesn't scream out her name in horror, yell furiously at Emily for what she has done, or any of that absurdly dramatic nonsense one might expect from him. Instead, he shakily walks towards her, hands still up in the air as he tries to find out how badly she's been hit. Oh gods, please don't let it be bad, don't let it be bad...if her control over her disguise slips and outs them both...

UncleWolf
2013-08-21, 07:39 PM
Inside

Javert is shoved into the side of the booth by the force of the sticky rounds, but doesn't seem too perturbed other than the looking at the now broken wineglass in his hand and giving it a sigh. "Of course..." He mutters to himself.

Entrance - Entering

Halifax isn't the only one from Remnant sent of course, after all, since there's a body, coroners, medical personnel, and Peacekeepers were sent to gather evidence. Of the last, Lieutenant Algiers was the closest that worked the beat, so had been sent to take the statement of the primary witness. The short man shrugged his uniform coat a little to resettle his shoulders right before nimbly sidestepping a stretcher as it's being pulled out of an ambulance.

"Hey there, Algernon!" One of the EMTs shouts with a wave. "Watch out!"

Algiers waves back with a snort. "Yeah, sure, like I've never heard that one before. Go buy some flowers for yourself!" He retorts with a grin before ducking under another officer's wayward arm with a squeak.

"Hi Pips, didn't see you there. Hey, I'm thinking of hitting a show Frida-" A pretty redhaired Peacekeeper trooper started, smiling as she watched the Lieutenant. "Sorry, got a full 24 day shift that day. Give me a call and we'll work something out." The man says with a upturned paws, walking backwards and giving his step a small skip to avoid stepping on his tail. When he finally reaches the entrance to the restaurant, he shoulders through, pulls out his badge just in case he's questioned, and gives Halifax a nod. "I see you're dealing with the perp." He tells her, giving her a raised eyebrow once he sees Javert and the smoking gun on the table. He came in too late for the latest gunshot, and didn't see if anyone got hit, so blames the bullethole in the booth on it.

If allowed, he'll step past the heavily armored woman and show Emily his badge. "Miss? My name is Lieutenant Algiers, but you can call me Pipsqueak if it's easier." He tells her calmly.

Emily and everyone else present will see that the officer is about 5ft tall, probably weighing in at less than 100lbs, and most of those are likely packed into those huge cab-door ears of his. After all, Algiers is a mouse. Well, Mouse-Person. More human than mouse, but it's still quite evident for the fact that his face has some mouse features like a tiny nose and slightly big eyes, and the huge friggin' ears on the side of his head.

His hands are small with long fingers, allowing him quite a bit of deft movement, and he has a thin mouse-like tail trailing behind his coat. Even so, he stands completely erect and has the musculature of a human. He's quite cute really, if you can look past his mouse ears.

Which you really can't. They're huuuuge.

"Miss Emily, is there a quiet place we can go to? An office maybe? I need to take your statement and ask some other questions, as well as trying to work out what's to be done after today." He asks in a soft, completely friendly and understanding tone.

happyturtle
2013-08-22, 09:14 AM
Godtok finds Mara kneeling on the ground with blood in so many places. Of course, crouching next to a man who just bled out will do that to a person. Her hand is clapped over her left side of her head with blood leaking out between her fingers. On a more positive note, her appearance hasn't changed, and swearing pretty much continuously under her breath, so she can't be too badly off.

Emily shrinks away from Algiers. "Don't touch me!" she hisses. But she finally focuses a little, looking around the scene and seeing that the cops have things under control. "The office is this way." And she heads to the back.

Halifax peels the goobered-up Javert off the booth and flops him over her shoulder in a fireman's carry so she can haul him back to base for questioning.

UncleWolf
2013-08-22, 06:47 PM
Javert doesn't say anything as he's carried out, but behind her back, onlookers will see that he's grinning wryly, as if he knows something they don't.

Office

Algiers nods and follows the girl. "Thank you, Miss." He says once they get there and he takes a quick look around before giving Emily a saddened expression. "I really hate to ask you this, but mind going over what happened as you saw it?" He asks, pulling out a pen and paper to write down what she says.

Lord Magtok
2013-08-23, 02:33 PM
Godtok finds Mara kneeling on the ground with blood in so many places. Of course, crouching next to a man who just bled out will do that to a person. Her hand is clapped over her left side of her head with blood leaking out between her fingers. On a more positive note, her appearance hasn't changed, and swearing pretty much continuously under her breath, so she can't be too badly off.

"Mara, I need you to try to count down from ten, and wiggle your right foot. Keep putting pressure on the wound, I've got this under control."

Oh gods oh gods oh gods...call a Remnant medic, or try to flee the scene? Risk discovery in order to ensure that Mara survives, or attempt to treat the injury himself back home, and hope for the best?

"Raptor Christ...can you maintain your form while only half-awake? I can tell them you're allergic to general anesthetics, we can claim religious restrictions...or just go home? ****..."

happyturtle
2013-08-23, 02:49 PM
Restaurant

"**** **** **** ****," Mara mutters. Then she pulls her hand away to show her left ear in tatters. "I can't see. Did I stop the bleeding?"

Office

Emily's hands are shaking and she doesn't look up at all as she tells her story. "I let him in, and he had a sword that he offered to me. I put it behind the bar. He asked to see Mr Starling, except he asked for him by his first name, Brian, and he told me his name was Javert Ollyrus or Olarius or something like that. I went to the back to let Mr Starling know, and he said he had never heard of the man before, but he'd go and speak to him. I didn't see what happened after that because I was at the door with a customer who wanted to bring in a dog, only it was some kind of dire wolf monster thing. The next time I went past the VIP booth, Mr Starling was bleeding and I just wanted to make sure that the person who killed him didn't get away and I didn't know who was in on it and I've been carrying a gun for protection, so I got it out and fired a warning shot and told everyone to stay here and then the woman in armour got here, and so I put the gun down. Did I do right? Oh gods, Mr Starling... he's really dead, isn't he?"

Emily bursts into sobs at this - heavy sobs with gasps for air in between.

Elsewhere

Javert is taken to the Remnant thread.

UncleWolf
2013-08-23, 06:32 PM
Office

Algiers is appears to be completely sympathetic as he writes it all down, and at the end, he offers her a small cloth tissue from his coat pocket. "You did perfectly well, Ms. Emily." He tells her with a small, yet sad, smile of approval. "A lot of people would have just ran or screamed. You kept your cool and that's a very good thing."

"And while I know this is a very hard thing to go through, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask a couple more questions, okay?"

Lord Magtok
2013-08-23, 08:30 PM
Restaurant

"**** **** **** ****," Mara mutters. Then she pulls her hand away to show her left ear in tatters. "I can't see. Did I stop the bleeding?"

"I'm not going to lie, your ear is a mess right now, Mara. Best course of action might be to just get to Mallside and grab a potion real quick. I know magic's risky but unless you know a no questions asked temple that won't turn us into bug-people slaves..."

Godtok squirms uncomfortably. The stores that stock potions aren't too far away from those that have Magbots manning the registers, and you can never be too far away from those loathsome things.

Zefir
2013-08-24, 04:17 AM
There is a temple who doesn't ask questions and don't turn anyone I to bugs.They also got a temple in inside.

Zefir is just quiet the whole time even if he glares after the rat man. This still is a human only place and a nonhuman might not be objective enough.

happyturtle
2013-08-24, 07:40 AM
Office

Office

Algiers is appears to be completely sympathetic as he writes it all down, and at the end, he offers her a small cloth tissue from his coat pocket. "You did perfectly well, Ms. Emily." He tells her with a small, yet sad, smile of approval. "A lot of people would have just ran or screamed. You kept your cool and that's a very good thing."

"And while I know this is a very hard thing to go through, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask a couple more questions, okay?"

Emily nods, and says something through her sobbing that might have been 'okay'.

Restaurant

The Peacekeepers put yellow tape up around the entrance to keep anyone else from coming in and expecting service. The restaurant obviously will be closed for a while. Maybe forever, since the owner is dead.

A uniformed woman approaches Zefir. "I need to take your statement before you can go, Sir."

"I'm not going to lie, your ear is a mess right now, Mara. Best course of action might be to just get to Mallside and grab a potion real quick. I know magic's risky but unless you know a no questions asked temple that won't turn us into bug-people slaves..."

Godtok squirms uncomfortably. The stores that stock potions aren't too far away from those that have Magbots manning the registers, and you can never be too far away from those loathsome things.

"Yeah, but is it still bleeding? I think I've rerouted the blood vessels." Mara whispers. Godtok will probably need to wipe the ear clean before he can tell if the bleeding has stopped.

UncleWolf
2013-08-24, 09:18 AM
Office

Algiers nods and begins to go into his questions. "The most important of these is if you know if Mr. Starling had any wishes in regards to burial methods or possible resurrection. If he had a will or the like. If he has no executor listed, we're prepared to act as one. Unless you can speak for him in an official capacity."

happyturtle
2013-08-24, 09:41 AM
Office

"I don't know, he was just my boss. Can I call my Mom?" Emily asks.

UncleWolf
2013-08-24, 09:53 AM
"Of course." Algiers says with a nod. "If you'd like we can give you a ride back to your home. I'm not sure what'll happen to this place, but if you know anyone else who had a stake in owning or working here, mind if you could tell me their names? If not, the place probably falls to you depending on the circumstances." The Mouse-Person stops, tilting his head in thought. "Did Mr. Starling work from his office all the time? If so, he might have documentation in a safe."

happyturtle
2013-08-24, 10:02 AM
Office

"No! Stop it! I'm just a waitress! I'm not his next of kin or heir or anything like that! My mom might know who that is, but I don't!" Emily says, the distraught, panicky edge back in her voice. Luckily she doesn't have a gun within reach.

Or does she?*

*No

UncleWolf
2013-08-24, 11:48 AM
Office

Algiers holds up his hands, trying to calm her a little. "Miss, it's okay. I understand." He tells her calmly. "But I have to ask these sort of questions. It's my job. Do you think your mother will be willing to talk to me when she gets here?" He asks, gesturing to the phone to let her use it if she wishes.

Lord Magtok
2013-08-24, 11:52 AM
Restaurant

"Just a moment," he mumbles. Ear-wiping time!

happyturtle
2013-08-24, 01:17 PM
Office

Emily takes out her phone and dials her mom's number. "Mom? It's me. I..." she bursts into tears again, and practically flings the phone at Algiers. "You tell her."

Restaurant

Godtok will find that most of the bleeding has stopped, except for a few of the capillaries that will probably clot up on their own before long.

"I want a shower," Mara says with a shudder, remembering the maggots.

UncleWolf
2013-08-24, 01:19 PM
Office

Algiers offers another tissue as he takes the phone and puts it up to his ear. "Ma'am, my name is Lieutenant Algiers with the Remnant Peacekeepers. We're down at the Sitar's Strings restaurant and your daughter witnessed the murder of Brian Starling. Is it possible that you can come down here to pick her up and maybe answer a few questions for us?"

happyturtle
2013-08-24, 01:45 PM
Office

"Is she okay? Is Emily okay?" :smalleek: are Jan's first questions. Assuming she's reassured on that head, she says she's a fifteen minute drive away.

She arrives in five, entering through the employees entrance in the back and showing whatever ID is needed to reach her daughter.

Jan Lamar is known to Remnant as a former member of Charlie's Family. After his death, she seemed to go straight, working as the manager for the restaurant funded by Starling's funds.

Once she's inside, Emily throws herself into her mother's arms, which muffles her crying somewhat. After a few minutes comforting her daughter, Jan looks up at Algiers, an unspoken invitation for him to ask his questions.

UncleWolf
2013-08-24, 01:52 PM
Lt. Algiers lets the pair have as much time as they need, but when Jan nods her consent, he nods back. "Ma'am, we're trying to figure out if Brian had any will, legal documentation, or the like that that'll have an impact on both this place, and in regards to what happens to him once he's passed. Emily's been real brave and helpful, but she said you might know such details." He puts politely, trying to keep from mentioning the words death and victim in case it helps ease the people he has to question.

happyturtle
2013-08-24, 03:03 PM
Office

"He has a sister. I don't know her, but I can look through his papers. I don't know if he has a will." Jan says.

UncleWolf
2013-08-24, 03:12 PM
Office

Algiers nods. "If he has a safe, it might be in there." He suggests before turning to Emily. "You doing okay? Sick to the stomach or anything like that?" He asks, offering a stick of mint gum. "If so, just chew on some of this. Should help settle it."

happyturtle
2013-08-24, 03:20 PM
Office

Jan peels herself away from Emily to open the office safe, which holds a cash deposit bag, the accounting books, and some other papers. Jan picks up the cash and the accounting books. "If I can take these, I'll pay off the employees and suppliers. Even if the restaurant survives, it will have to be shut down for a while." She doesn't make an effort to screen the papers before turning them over to Algiers. She knows Starling never kept anything incriminating on site.

Emily shakes her head, though it isn't clear what question she's answering. She accepts the gum, if only to help deal with the smell of death that still lingers.

UncleWolf
2013-08-24, 03:29 PM
Office

"Go right ahead, Ma'am." Algiers says as he accepts the papers and begins looking through them. "Would you know that sister's name or number? We'll have to contact her. And if you could write down Brian's home address, we'll swing by there as well."

happyturtle
2013-08-24, 03:34 PM
Office

"I don't know her name," Jan says. "Mr Starling's address is [address]."

If he digs through the papers enough, he'll find a few personal letters from one 'Molly Fitzhenry'. Everything else in the safe seems business related.

UncleWolf
2013-08-24, 07:11 PM
Office

Algiers furrows his brow and looks through the letters. Not really reading, just glancing through to see what they might contain.

Zefir
2013-08-25, 05:07 AM
Restaurant

The Peacekeepers put yellow tape up around the entrance to keep anyone else from coming in and expecting service. The restaurant obviously will be closed for a while. Maybe forever, since the owner is dead.

A uniformed woman approaches Zefir. "I need to take your statement before you can go, Sir."

"Yeah, but is it still bleeding? I think I've rerouted the blood vessels." Mara whispers. Godtok will probably need to wipe the ear clean before he can tell if the bleeding has stopped.

Zefir doesn't look up from his meal, well at least what is left. Best if they don't see him.

"The man you took away came in talked to the waitress then went away with Mr. Starling. The next thing i saw is the waitress with a gun."

The VIP rooms are out of sight and hear range, right?

happyturtle
2013-08-25, 07:48 AM
Office

Office

Algiers furrows his brow and looks through the letters. Not really reading, just glancing through to see what they might contain.

The oldest of the letters seem to be family minutia. There are mentions of travelling, with names like 'Mount Olympus' and 'Barsoom' thrown about.

The most recent letter, dated about a year ago, was written in a much different mood. The handwriting gives the air of the writer having written in a hurry, and in distress. The general gist is that she's furious at Brian for his ties to the Human Supremacist movement.

Restaurant

Zefir doesn't look up from his meal, well at least what is left. Best if they don't see him.

"The man you took away came in talked to the waitress then went away with Mr. Starling. The next thing i saw is the waitress with a gun."

The VIP rooms are out of sight and hear range, right?

The VIP booth isn't a separate room - just a booth with higher barriers and plants around it, and secluded a bit. But it is more difficult to see and hear what's going on in it.

The soldier sits down at the table across from Zefir, writing down what he just said. "How well do you know Mr Starling?"

UncleWolf
2013-08-25, 09:24 AM
Office

Algier's ears fall when he understands what the letters were about, and he folds them up neatly to put into his coat pocket. "I think I've found the sister." He admits to Jan before taking a deep breath. "Miss, if I could talk to you a moment alone, I'd appreciate it." Once Emily leaves, he takes another deep breath and gives a small sigh.

"I'm going to be going to the sister first. If you know there's any incriminating evidence of Brian's actions at his place, I suggest you go there quickly. I'll keep others from there for about an hour tops." He offers with a slightly sad look. "Let's be honest, we know what he was affiliated with, but I don't like to speak evilly of the dead and they should never be disgraced after something this horrible happens to them."

Lord Magtok
2013-08-25, 09:29 AM
Restaurant

Godtok will find that most of the bleeding has stopped, except for a few of the capillaries that will probably clot up on their own before long.

"I want a shower," Mara says with a shudder, remembering the maggots.

"Done, the second we're home. Now let's get going, I'll glare menacingly at anyone who so much as thinks they're getting a statement out of us."

The deity-murderer tries to get Mara back up onto her feet, offering an arm and a shoulder to help her walk out the door.

happyturtle
2013-08-25, 09:33 AM
Office

"I'm sure there's nothing at his home that would disgrace him," Jan says, even though she's not sure at all. She certainly wants to make sure there's nothing incriminating about herself and her daughter, if she can. "Please lock up when you leave, and escort our any customers that might be remaining. They won't be charged for today's meals, of course."

UncleWolf
2013-08-25, 09:40 AM
Office

"One last thing." Algiers says before offering her his card. "I'm sorry for your loss. I understand I'm likely the last kind of person you wish to look at, but I'm here to help. While I might not agree with what you believe in, at least you believe in something, which is better than many people. All I ask is two things. First, if you need anything, give me a call. I'll do what I can to help." He offers with a small shrug.

"And second, I'd like to stop by on occasion to check in on Emily. I understand some things have been...hard for her and this might prove to be a bit much unless she has support from multiple people."

happyturtle
2013-08-25, 09:43 AM
Office

Jan takes the card. "That's up to Emily."

UncleWolf
2013-08-25, 09:58 AM
Office

Algiers nods in understanding. "If nothing else, I can always send one of the younger officers around. They might be easier to talk to. Just don't wait too long, okay?" He asks, giving a glance towards the door. "I've seen some pretty bad things happen in this town. Most of it after the crime." He admits quietly before giving Jan another nod. "I hope the rest of the day goes better for you. Remember, one hour." He reminds her before heading out the door.

Zefir
2013-08-25, 10:19 AM
Restaurant

The VIP booth isn't a separate room - just a booth with higher barriers and plants around it, and secluded a bit. But it is more difficult to see and hear what's going on in it.

The soldier sits down at the table across from Zefir, writing down what he just said. "How well do you know Mr Starling?"

Restaurant

"I know near nothing about him, only that this is his restaurant." Zefir replies in a normal voice.

happyturtle
2013-08-28, 08:01 AM
"Done, the second we're home. Now let's get going, I'll glare menacingly at anyone who so much as thinks they're getting a statement out of us."

The deity-murderer tries to get Mara back up onto her feet, offering an arm and a shoulder to help her walk out the door.

"Before you leave, I need to take your statements," a Peacekeeper says.

Office

Algiers nods in understanding. "If nothing else, I can always send one of the younger officers around. They might be easier to talk to. Just don't wait too long, okay?" He asks, giving a glance towards the door. "I've seen some pretty bad things happen in this town. Most of it after the crime." He admits quietly before giving Jan another nod. "I hope the rest of the day goes better for you. Remember, one hour." He reminds her before heading out the door.

Jan nods, and she and Emily are escorted out.

Restaurant

"I know near nothing about him, only that this is his restaurant." Zefir replies in a normal voice.

"And can I get your name and contact information?"

Lord Magtok
2013-08-28, 12:36 PM
"My statement is **** you. My contact information is your mother's house," Godtok retorts through gritted teeth, doing nothing to hide the wounded ear from view.

happyturtle
2013-08-28, 02:38 PM
"Wrong answer. You get one more try, or you get tazed, cuffed, and taken in for further questioning." the Peacekeeper says to Godtok, not at all amused.

Lord Magtok
2013-08-28, 02:45 PM
"We're nameless mercenaries who were spying on Starling, trying to collect intel for an anonymous employer. We were listening in, up until he dropped dead and the waitress flipped. Brian's dead now, so we're out of a job. Gun went off, so now we're getting an ear fixed. Do you need more, or can I get out now?"

Godtok's not thinking right now, too emotional and nervous after everything that's happened to really consider anything he's saying.

happyturtle
2013-08-28, 02:53 PM
"Jack Smith and Martha Johnson. We've been staying at Trog's," Mara says.

"An anonymous employer who might want Starling dead?" the Peacekeeper, who has been onscreen for enough posts to get a description says. He's a tall grey-skinned homonid with pointed teeth and really dreadful breath. Seriously bad, like rotted meat.

Lord Magtok
2013-08-28, 03:30 PM
"An anonymous employer who might've share the same political views as pretty much everyone when it came to Starling, yeah." The MagClone responds sarcastically. "Going to be parties all over Inside when this gets out."

Zefir
2013-08-28, 04:45 PM
"And can I get your name and contact information?"

Zefir thinks of thing for a moment.

"James Danials, I'm an adventurer so there isn't really a way to contact me."

happyturtle
2013-08-29, 03:05 PM
The smelly breathed Peacekeeper jots down a few notes, then lets "Jack and Martha" go.

PFC Elton writes down what Zefir says, then takes out her phone and snaps a picture of him. She's pretty sure she recognizes him from somewhere, but she isn't sure where. "Very well. You can go now."

Zefir
2013-08-31, 03:18 AM
Well, Zefir tries at least to avoid the photo a bit in the 'I don't really like photos of me. Then he stands up and heads out of the restaurant.

happyturtle
2013-08-31, 03:55 AM
The Sitar's Strings Restaurant is CLOSED following Starling's murder.

After a few weeks, the windows are boarded up.

The place never reopens.