PDA

View Full Version : Let's Make the Dead Stand Back Up! [3.5, Incarnum and Summon Undead Lovin', PEACH]

Amechra
2013-05-11, 06:01 PM
Incarnum Necromancy [Incarnum]
You have learned how to alter the essentia pattern of your Necrocarnum Circlet so that you can overwhelm with numbers rather than with power.
Prerequisites: Ability to bind the Necrocarnum Circlet to your Crown chakra.
Benefit: As long as you have your Necrocarnum Circlet bound to your Crown chakra, you may cast any Summon Undead (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20051007a&page=5) spell of a level equal to or less than the amount of essentia invested into your Necrocarnum Circlet as an Arcane or Divine spell (chosen when this feat is first taken) with a caster level equal to your meldshaper level.

The summoned undead last until you either unbind your Necrocarnum Circlet from your Crown chakra, you cast another Summon Undead spell through this feat, or you create a Necrocarnum zombie.

Rise Through the Earth [General]
You have learned to cast Summon Undead in a slightly different way, tearing corpses from the earth rather than the nether.
Prerequisites: Ability to cast Summon Undead I, at least one Corpsecrafter feat.
Benefits: You may choose to cast any Summon Undead (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20051007a&page=5) spell that you have access to as a Necromancy spell; if you do so, you are considered to have animated the Undead summoned with the Animate Dead spell for the purposes of effects, feats, and class features that affect Undead that are animated.
Special: Undead created through Summon Undead do not count towards the number of HD in your control pool.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thoughts?

The Mentalist
2013-05-11, 06:31 PM
The first one gets interesting with 5 essentia as you have the undead under your control long enough to make a spawn chain on the Shadows and Wights, which isn't broken at the level you get it at but it's something worth noting for a Soulborn with dreams of world domination.

Shadows are of course dangerous for most anything and that would be where I would worry a little, a persistent Shadow minion at any level (not saying you get it at any level but that it's dangerous even in epic levels) does tip the balance in some fights but all in all I consider it worth a feat

The second one is pretty cool actually, not very powerful as summoned undead are really not a huge factor in most fights (especially since they only made that a five level spell progression) be sure to note that they aren't part of your undead control pool though. As written there's a very good argument that they would take up space in the amount of undead you can control via animate dead

I'll need to read up on the Malkonvoker's exact wording for summoning to see if there's a potential advantage for them to start summoning undead as well. (Which even if there is would not make this a bad feat)

Amechra
2013-05-11, 06:43 PM
I'll edit that in. Thanks.