PDA

View Full Version : Armor that grants Fast Healing or similar

Jigokuro
2013-05-11, 08:04 PM
Are there any armor enchantments or unique armors that grant the wearer healing fast enough to be +hp every round. If not how would the price a homebrew effect of it per hp/round?

cZak
2013-05-11, 08:18 PM
Millenial chainmail (+1 mithril chainmail) (MIC) grants fast healing 3 in >shadowy illumination.

However, it is a relic and requires the True Believer (Corellion Larethion) feat or the sacrifice of a 4th level spell to gain the benefits.

Yogibear41
2013-05-11, 08:31 PM
Continuous lesser vigor (fast healing 1) would be

Spell level x Caster Level x 2000 x 4(for a spell with a duration of rounds)
1x1x2000x4= 8000 for base price 4000 to make.

The price starts to multiply rather quickly for higher amounts of fast healing.

Page 285 in DMG for reference chart

Curmudgeon
2013-05-11, 08:41 PM
Continuous lesser vigor (fast healing 1) would be
whatever your individual DM decides, if they allow such a thing at all.

Spell level x Caster Level x 2000 x 4(for a spell with a duration of rounds)
1x1x2000x4= 8000 for base price 4000 to make.

The price starts to multiply rather quickly for higher amounts of fast healing.

Page 285 in DMG for reference chart
I fixed that for you. The first rule of custom magic item pricing is always actual worth, and the spell formula only comes in after that and comparison to existing similar items.

Jigokuro
2013-05-11, 09:22 PM
I fixed that for you. The first rule of custom magic item pricing is always actual worth, and the spell formula only comes in after that and comparison to existing similar items.

While correctand worth mentioning, that was a fairly rude way of pointing that out.:smallannoyed:

Anyway, I am the DM for my current situation so that doesn't matter; I'm looking for value/pricing advice which includes any RAW items to compare to. So thanks Yogi for that start. I believe if it were added to armor that was otherwise enchanted normally it would fall under the 'unrelated second effect' and cost x1.5 so 12k for FH 1.
Not bad, but not that good either, since FH 1 is only particularly useful for out of combat healing (and stabilizing).

Any other items found?

Chronos
2013-05-12, 10:53 AM
For "comparison to similar items", the closest standard item would be the Ring of Regeneration. Which, admittedly, most agree is hideously overpriced, compared to what it does in 3rd edition. But it's still something a DM can point to to justify a very high price tag.

ericgrau
2013-05-12, 03:20 PM
Shield of vigor: swift action, fast healing 5 for 3 rounds. 5,000 gp not including the cost of a +1 shield.

It would not be unreasonable to place the identical ability on armor.

Making the price proportional to healing amount ^ 2 x duration would be roughly reasonable IMO. Iron ward diamonds are damage prevention per hit, which is similar. They don't follow that formula but they're in the same ballpark.

Unlimited duration fast healing runs into too many problems. You have to make it way too expensive for someone who only wanted to use it during combat. That's someone who doesn't actually care about having unlimited. So don't let it be unlimited, and the price can be reasonable for the guy who doesn't care about that anyway.

sleepyphoenixx
2013-05-12, 03:30 PM
Mask of the Implacable (RoF) grants FH 3 for 65000gp. It has some pretty severe limitations though (stops working for 1 hour when you attack someone who has not done at least 50% of your total hp as damage to you).
You're probably better of getting it via spell, feat or class levels.
If none of those are options there's also a graft in LoM that grants fast healing iirc.

Amnestic
2013-05-12, 04:22 PM
While correctand worth mentioning, that was a fairly rude way of pointing that out.:smallannoyed:

You did see his username, right? :P

Steward
2013-05-12, 04:53 PM
If none of those are options there's also a graft in LoM that grants fast healing iirc.

You have to let a silthilar, which is basically a giant colony of sentient flying nuggets of spiked flesh, drain out all of your blood and replace it with a special fluid that grants you fast healing 2.

And this costs 182,000 gp (!?!)

In my opinion, you have to be pretty messed up in the head to agree to something like that. Just get a wand of Vigor or something.

sleepyphoenixx
2013-05-12, 05:02 PM
You have to let a silthilar, which is basically a giant colony of sentient flying nuggets of spiked flesh, drain out all of your blood and replace it with a special fluid that grants you fast healing 2.

And this costs 182,000 gp (!?!)

In my opinion, you have to be pretty messed up in the head to agree to something like that. Just get a wand of Vigor or something.

It's a graft from Lords of Madness. The basic concept of replacing parts of your body with parts from abberations requires you to be messed up in the head :smallsmile:

I never said it was a good or sane option. Just that it's there.

Steward
2013-05-12, 05:14 PM
I'm just saying that the silthilars' medical liability insurance premiums must be insane to justify charging that much for fast healing 2.

TuggyNE
2013-05-12, 11:41 PM
I'm just saying that the silthilars' medical liability insurance premiums must be insane to justify charging that much for fast healing 2.

Five words, guv: "What the market will bear" :smallbiggrin: