PDA

View Full Version : Random NPC Psions?

unseenmage
2013-05-11, 08:10 PM
So I'm chaining Thrallherd (Lvl8, ML7) for an organization of monster hunting Telepath Psions and I ran across this thread about learning new powers from other psions:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247025

Does anyone know a method of randomly generating Psion power lists for the minions in my organization so I know what powers I can absorb from them?
Try as I might I can't seem to find a character generator with Psionic capability.

(Killing and replacing my Thrall/Believers isn't an option. The Believers are NPc classes only for this game and each Thrall has certain gameworld importance not easily replaced.)

The Mentalist
2013-05-11, 08:42 PM
Percentiles and custom tables?

unseenmage
2013-05-13, 08:15 AM
I was hoping for more of a computer-generated-random option. There are at least 11 npc-like characters that I'll need powers lists for. Maybe more.

Definitely more as I gain levels and the Thrallherd chain gets more ridiculous.
Lets see... one level seven, two sixes, three fives, two fours, and three threes.

Rhynn
2013-05-13, 08:21 AM
Paste the spell lists into a spreadsheet to get the number of powers (psion + discipline) available for a certain level, which we'll call X. Then use a dice roller (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm) to roll YdX, where Y is the number of powers of that level known.

For instance, if the NPC gets 4 powers of 1st level, and there are a total of 46 1st-level powers (psion + discipline), you roll 4d46, and re-roll in the unlikely case you get two of the same number.

Feint's End
2013-05-13, 08:25 AM
I'd personally recommend making a reduced list because as magic there are lots of useless powers and a few every psion should have (ala vigor, share pain, inertial armor, etc etc).

Maybe give them fixed ones and rule some of the other powers randomly?

J-H
2013-05-13, 12:09 PM
Make a short-list of about 4-6 powers for each level, and set it up so that approx 3/4 of each power level comes from the short list; the other 1/4 can come off the general list.