PDA

View Full Version : Why did Nale kill Malack's Family?

Haru_no_Hikaru
2013-05-12, 02:40 AM
So, this is just a little pet theory I put together.
Why would Nale kill Malack's family at all?

I think that he needed the XP, and so considered a few mini vampires easy pickings. Nale probably has a huge disadvantage on levels and things, multiclassing like that, so it kinda makes sense.
What do you guys think? If you have a different theory on WHY Nale killed Malack's family, comment on it

wingnutx
2013-05-12, 02:52 AM
Because he's a ****.

Mike Havran
2013-05-12, 03:02 AM
Nale claims the baby vampires "stood in his way" (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0882.html), which can mean anything. Perhaps they tried to prevent him from escaping when his brilliant ploy to usurp power from Tarquin failed.

Nymrod
2013-05-12, 03:05 AM
Have you met Nale?

Copperdragon
2013-05-12, 03:08 AM
I'd find it funny if Nale killed them for a "Right and Good" reason. We all know he's a jerk and evil, but it'd be funny if this was his Moment of Good (for some reason). :smalltongue:

Sunken Valley
2013-05-12, 03:14 AM
They were casualties of This fight (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0725.html)

veti
2013-05-12, 05:46 PM
Surely - correct me if I'm wrong here - but if you 'kill' a vampire in a fight, it just goes back to its coffin and regenerates? You need to go seriously out of your way to kill them permanently.

So I think Nale did it quite deliberately and premeditatedly. Possibly as a way to weaken Malack before challenging him and Tarquin.

Xelbiuj
2013-05-12, 05:59 PM
Surely - correct me if I'm wrong here - but if you 'kill' a vampire in a fight, it just goes back to its coffin and regenerates? You need to go seriously out of your way to kill them permanently.

So I think Nale did it quite deliberately and premeditatedly. Possibly as a way to weaken Malack before challenging him and Tarquin.

"Exposing any vampire to direct sunlight disorients it: It can take only a single move action or attack action and is destroyed utterly in the next round if it cannot escape."

So really, he probably just dispelled their protection from daylight homebrew. Easy peasy.

Kish
2013-05-12, 07:34 PM
For Nale to make a dispel check against one of Malack's spells, especially years ago before Nale even met Elan...not that easy. And Malack doesn't seem at all concerned about Nale suddenly leaving him vulnerable to sunlight.

137beth
2013-05-12, 07:36 PM
For Nale to make a dispel check against one of Malack's spells, especially years ago before Nale even met Elan...not that easy. And Malack doesn't seem at all concerned about Nale suddenly leaving him vulnerable to sunlight.

Malack's children might have cast it on themselves, and we have no idea what their caster levels were.