PDA

View Full Version : [3.P] RHoD "We split the group, dammit." IC

RFLS
2013-05-12, 09:07 AM
We'll be using this thread any time we end up splitting the group for whatever reason.

Eilara had spoken to Laurani of her plan to speak to the captain of the guard to ensure that the town was aware of the dangers they might be in, and to offer assistance to them on preparing the town for combat or any other mission that could help the Vale in their endeavors.

Laurani indicated that she would help lend her weapon to the cause and together with Darkfang went in seach of the captain of the guard who was on friendly terms with Eilara after an incident that occurred four years ago.

"Captain, You've heard the dire news?" Eilara inquired when they had found her.

"We offer you our support to aid the towns defenses or in any other way that would help prepare the Vale for war." Eilara continued

She wore a serious face and spoke with conviction.

The captain looks directly at Eilara.

"Yes, I just heard from Sergeant Hersk. What are you basing this on? Why do think there's more to this threat?"

Jopustopin
2013-05-12, 09:19 AM
"Darkfang and I are attuned to this land. It speaks to us. Last night we both received the same vision of a clawed, red hand sweeping across the Vale, destroying everything in its path in flame and terror. We immediately departed for this city. On the way here, goblins ambushed us in a way that I haven't seen since I first arrived here some forty years ago. They assaulted us with creatures from another plane of existence; probably summoned here. They do not worship their goblin diety, their cleric wore this." Eilara stops speaking so that she can pull out the cleric's unholy symbol and sets it next to the captain.

"Tiamat. The dark dragon god. Six hours after our vision of a clawed, red hand sweeping across the vale with flame and terror. We were able to get the cleric to speak and what he told us indicated they had elected generals; they call them wyrmlords now. One of their generals is stationed in the very fort near here."

RFLS
2013-05-12, 10:37 AM
"The thing is...all we actually know right now is that there are a few more raiding bands around than normal. If you really think that there's a serious, immediate threat facing this town, I'm going to need proof."

Theprettiestorc
2013-05-12, 11:56 AM
Laurani, at this, lays a bow and a pair of swords on the table, as well as the armor one was wearing. "These are what they were armed with. I am blacksmith, Laurani Perisent - I crafted weapons for your soldiers three seasons back. I can say for certain these are crafted specific to those scouts. Even some of strongest soldiers have problems with such bows. These are crafted by skilled smiths - if scouts so powerful, what would army do? How strong are their weapons?"

RFLS
2013-05-12, 12:45 PM
The Captain considers the weapons for a few minutes.

"These are indeed troubling... Do you know where this warband came from, then?"

Jopustopin
2013-05-12, 03:05 PM
Eilara had opened her mouth to respond to the captain's request for proof but had slowly closed it and had said nothing. There was an awkward pause before Laurani had spoken and Eilara had been thankful that she had.

"You're absolutely right, we should have proof. The warband was sent by a goblin general named Koth. If you think it's a wise course of action we'll scout out the fort that is near here and bring back evidence and hopefully the general's head."

RFLS
2013-05-12, 07:55 PM
"That would be excellent, if he's there. Hobgoblin's often lie when presented with justice. I wish you luck, whatever you find."

The Captain turns to go and pauses. "I'll have some potions and trinkets sent your way. The town alchemist owes me a favor, and I know Eilara and Darkfang's words are something worth cashing that in on.

The Captain leaves the room.

You each receive a potion of cure light wounds (1d8+4) and a potion of bull's strength (CL 4) the next morning.

RFLS
2013-05-13, 10:17 PM
The three of you wake early the next day. Laurani leaves the inn and begins making purchases for her newly planned venture.

What do Darkfang and Eilara do?