PDA

View Full Version : Maximizing attacks?

Samalpetey
2013-05-12, 09:17 AM
So, I'm thinking of making a soul eater, and I'm trying to get the most unarmed attacks possible. My ideas so far are: Illithid (4 tentacle attacks), Snap kick (+1 unarmed attack), Flurry Of Blows (+1-2 attacks) and haste (+1 attack). Any ideas for getting more natural weapons or attacks with them?

Socratov
2013-05-12, 09:20 AM
through incarnum you can get some, and if dragonmag is allowed you can get a lvl of warlock and the eldritch claws feat to gain claws each round...

Samalpetey
2013-05-12, 09:23 AM
through incarnum you can get some, and if dragonmag is allowed you can get a lvl of warlock and the eldritch claws feat to gain claws each round...

Which dragon mag is this?

Socratov
2013-05-12, 09:45 AM
Here's a link (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=eldritch+claws+dnd) :smallwink:

Samalpetey
2013-05-12, 09:47 AM
Here's a link (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=eldritch+claws+dnd) :smallwink:

Thanks, much appreciated :smallbiggrin:

Samalpetey
2013-05-12, 10:27 AM
So with an illithid warlock, I could get: 2 claws (eldritch claws), 1 slam (fist of stone), 4 tentacles (illithid) and 3 unarmed attacks (snap kick and haste), as well as iterative attacks, for a total of 9 attacks per round+ iteratives. Anything I've got wrong here, or any other ideas?

Chronos
2013-05-12, 10:57 AM
Two levels of Totemist will give you a total of four claw attacks, via the Girallon Arms soulmeld. If you have room for nine levels, you can increase it to six, via Lamia Belt.

(that's the incarnum option Socratov mentioned)

Cog
2013-05-12, 10:58 AM
Before you get too invested in this build, you may want to check with your DM on how they're interpreting the Energy Drain ability to work; there's disagreement on it. Either it's a passive modification to all your other attacks, or it's an ability itself. If it is an ability itself, then it falls to the default rule of supernatural abilities requiring a standard action unless otherwise specified, and so it doesn't matter how many attacks you have.

If it's the latter, you can still use a Necrotic Focus weapon to benefit from multiple attacks, but then you're talking about iteratives, Haste, and the like rather than accumulating natural weapons.

Samalpetey
2013-05-12, 11:05 AM
Before you get too invested in this build, you may want to check with your DM on how they're interpreting the Energy Drain ability to work; there's disagreement on it. Either it's a passive modification to all your other attacks, or it's an ability itself. If it is an ability itself, then it falls to the default rule of supernatural abilities requiring a standard action unless otherwise specified, and so it doesn't matter how many attacks you have.

If it's the latter, you can still use a Necrotic Focus weapon to benefit from multiple attacks, but then you're talking about iteratives, Haste, and the like rather than accumulating natural weapons.

I probably won't use this build, just interested in how it would work. Plus I am the DM most of the time in my group so interpretation won't be an issue :smallbiggrin:

Two levels of Totemist will give you a total of four claw attacks, via the Girallon Arms soulmeld. If you have room for nine levels, you can increase it to six, via Lamia Belt.

(that's the incarnum option Socratov mentioned)

Ouch, so that's up to 11 (hehe) attacks

TuggyNE
2013-05-12, 08:58 PM
Needs moar PsyWar. Bite of the wolf and form of doom should help a good bit.