PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Removing "No Time to Think"?

GreenSerpent
2013-05-12, 11:23 AM
As in the title, is there any way to remove the "No Time to Think" extraordinary effect of the War Hulk prestige class permanently (while still keeping your original body)?

EDIT: To elaborate, the character is a Half-Advanced Solar (34+ HD) Human based similarly to the Variant Half-Fiends.

Dusk Eclipse
2013-05-12, 11:28 AM
The closest I can think is the spell Trait Removal (sorc/wiz 5) which takes out an Ex or Su for 1 hr/level.

Phelix-Mu
2013-05-12, 11:31 AM
Hmm, I can't think of any straightforward way.

I think make a simulacrum before War Hulk levels, then War Hulk, then fusion with the simulacra? There's a wondrous item in Frostburn that makes a simulacrum, in case you can't manage/borrow a UMD. 21k, as I recall.

Dunno if that works, and you still won't be able to improve the skills of the simulacrum once it's made.

In any case, it's not so difficult to gain enough buffs to those skills that can be used untrained to be decent at talking or whatever.

There may be a way to switch the key-ability score for some of the skills, which might get around the wording of No Time to Think.

Good luck.

EDIT: I'm sure that there is something in psionics that makes this possible, lol.

Slipperychicken
2013-05-12, 11:34 AM
And to clarify, you want to lose that class feature, but keep your War Hulk levels?

Fyermind
2013-05-12, 11:35 AM
I played a war hulk trap master once with tactile trapsmith. LA bought off Half ogre Scout 4 dungeoncrasher 6 War hulk 10 (not in that order)

he was great fun.

Seer_of_Heart
2013-05-12, 11:51 AM
I believe bestow curse can remove class features. Sorry, I don't have a source I read it either here or minmaxboards :smallfrown:.

GreenSerpent
2013-05-12, 12:03 PM
And to clarify, you want to lose that class feature, but keep your War Hulk levels?

Gestalting with Crusader. And yes.

Or to be more precise, the build is Half-Advanced Solar Human Crusader 20//LA 4/something 1/War Hulk 10/something 5, possibly with Saint on top of that if my DM will let me bypass the LA (after all, eating +4 LA already).

Seer_of_Heart
2013-05-12, 12:16 PM
I found it again and its greater bestow curse and it is from dragon :smallfrown:. You might be able to use it but I doubt it.

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=418.840

Emperor Tippy
2013-05-12, 12:45 PM
As in the title, is there any way to remove the "No Time to Think" extraordinary effect of the War Hulk prestige class permanently (while still keeping your original body)?

EDIT: To elaborate, the character is a Half-Advanced Solar (34+ HD) Human based similarly to the Variant Half-Fiends.

Step 1: Get Trait Removal (Serpant Kingdoms) cast on you.
Step 2: Have a bard use Inspire Greatness on you
Step 3: Have Enervation cast on you to remove one HD
Step 4: Manifest the power Astral Seed.
Step 5: Kill yourself
Step 6: Recreate your body.

Congrats, you are now permanently a War Hulk of the same level except without No Time to Think.

Phelix-Mu
2013-05-12, 01:30 PM
Step 1: Get Trait Removal (Serpant Kingdoms) cast on you.
Step 2: Have a bard use Inspire Greatness on you
Step 3: Have Enervation cast on you to remove one HD
Step 4: Manifest the power Astral Seed.
Step 5: Kill yourself
Step 6: Recreate your body.

Congrats, you are now permanently a War Hulk of the same level except without No Time to Think.

Today's program was brought to you by the letter "T." "T" is for Tippy. Never leave home without one.:smallsmile: