PDA

View Full Version : Is it okay to post a review/rebalance of homebrew stuff?

Xulin
2013-05-12, 06:09 PM
Greetings forum regulars,

I'm unaccustomed to forum postings in general, so I wish to ask the proper board etiquette for this: there is a homebrew discipline hereabouts that I really like, but I see some balance issues with many of the maneuvers. I would like to post an evaluation and a possible modification of said discipline, but I don't know if that would be considered to be "improper".

If those with more knowledge than myself on such things would elucidate the proper procedure for this course of action, I would be most appreciative.

KillianHawkeye
2013-05-12, 07:10 PM
I'm not sure if that would be considered improper or not, but I am sure that you should do it in the homebrew subforum.

Ninjadeadbeard
2013-05-12, 07:18 PM
Greetings forum regulars,

I'm unaccustomed to forum postings in general, so I wish to ask the proper board etiquette for this: there is a homebrew discipline hereabouts that I really like, but I see some balance issues with many of the maneuvers. I would like to post an evaluation and a possible modification of said discipline, but I don't know if that would be considered to be "improper".

If those with more knowledge than myself on such things would elucidate the proper procedure for this course of action, I would be most appreciative.

Why can't you mention your critiques in the hombrew in question's thread? Or why not PM the author if you don't want to cause a public brew*-haha.

*hahaha classic

Kane0
2013-05-12, 09:52 PM
As a homebrewer, we by and large enjoy being reviewed and critiqued. If you are in doubt the best procedure would probably be to send the author a PM first, then post upon their permission (you will rarely get a no, we post it to be seen and used for the most part).

Just make sure that you give proper mentions to the author and you should be fine.

Xulin
2013-05-13, 11:13 PM
Thank you 3 for your advice. I will attempt to PM this individual.