PDA

View Full Version : Why was the "Why was the DM Brutality thread locked" thread locked?

Tholomyes
2013-05-13, 12:03 AM
Could someone unlock the "Why was the DM Brutality thread locked" thread? It seems like a really good thread and I would really like to tell argue about thread necromancy, plus having it unlocked would allow us to make a thread of all of the GITP communities thread necromancy stories for postarity! :-D

Averis Vol
2013-05-13, 12:07 AM
there is already a thread on this exact topic, but to re iterate, it is locked because it was too old and someone posted in it. If you would like to start it again, make a new thread called dm brutality II or something and link the old thread so people understand how to post in it.

eggynack
2013-05-13, 12:10 AM
there is already a thread on this exact topic, but to re iterate, it is locked because it was too old and someone posted in it. If you would like to start it again, make a new thread called dm brutality II or something and link the old thread so people understand how to post in it.
No, that thread was about locking the "DM brutality" thread. This thread is about the locking of the "Why was the DM brutality thread locked?" thread. I have to agree with the OP. I had lots of super valuable opinions about thread necromancy, and now I'd have to create a new thread linking to that thread in order to discuss the locking of the "DM brutality" thread. It's a true tragedy, methinks.

TaiLiu
2013-05-13, 12:18 AM
If you truly desire to converse about it, perhaps you could ask a moderator to unlock it for you. Sometimes, they do it if you have a good-enough reason.

137beth
2013-05-13, 12:23 AM
Well, I suppose we could always make a
"Why was the DM Brutality thread locked? II" thread. But that would require creating a link to a previous thread...or quoting every post in that thread:smalltongue:

TaiLiu
2013-05-13, 12:26 AM
"Why was the DM Brutality thread locked? II" thread. But that would require creating a link to a previous thread...or quoting every post in that thread:smalltongue:
Eh. There aren't that many posts to quote...

TuggyNE
2013-05-13, 12:27 AM
Serious answer first: because the thread was in the wrong forum and complaining about moderator decisions, rather than being in Board/Site Issues and being about policy information. Also, it had been answered rather thoroughly, so policy in such cases is to lock it.

No, that thread was about locking the "DM brutality" thread. This thread is about the locking of the "Why was the DM brutality thread locked?" thread. I have to agree with the OP. I had lots of super valuable opinions about thread necromancy, and now I'd have to create a new thread linking to that thread in order to discuss the locking of the "DM brutality" thread. It's a true tragedy, methinks.

Blue text! Blue text!

I think … I think that I love you.

The Glyphstone
2013-05-13, 12:30 AM
Great Modthulhu: Time to end the threadception and wake up, before this ends up running afoul of the 'restarting a locked thread' rules. Sorry.:smallfrown: