PDA

View Full Version : Spell vulerabilty VS immune to magic

dantiesilva
2013-05-13, 01:06 AM
I am in the middle of a battle and have cast Spell vulnerability which lowers your opponents SR by X (X being your level) if it fails a fortitude save. Would being immune to magic stop this from working or would the creature still have to roll the fortitude save or lose the SR?

Emperor Tippy
2013-05-13, 01:23 AM
I am in the middle of a battle and have cast Spell vulnerability which lowers your opponents SR by X (X being your level) if it fails a fortitude save. Would being immune to magic stop this from working or would the creature still have to roll the fortitude save or lose the SR?

Are you level infinity? If not then the spell is effectively meaningless because infinity - your level is still infinity.

dantiesilva
2013-05-13, 01:34 AM
But the creature has SR in the high 30 range. It is not outright immune, well it is immune but has a actual number for SR if that makes sense. Thats why I was not sure.

Thank you for your answer though if that is what it is.

Seer_of_Heart
2013-05-13, 01:37 AM
Are you level infinity? If not then the spell is effectively meaningless because infinity - your level is still infinity.

Unless your level is also infinity in which we get into some advanced math stuff up here :smallsigh:.

Emperor Tippy
2013-05-13, 01:37 AM
But the creature has SR in the high 30 range. It is not outright immune, well it is immune but has a actual number for SR if that makes sense. Thats why I was not sure.

Thank you for your answer though if that is what it is.

If it has the trait "Immunity to Magic" or "Magic Immunity" then it's SR (if any) is utterly irrelevant as no SR: Yes spell will effect it.