PDA

View Full Version : 4E with no feats.

Flik9999
2013-05-13, 09:08 PM
Hey GITP.

I will soon be running a 4th edition game (D&D) with some friends and in the interest of simplicity (They have never played 4e before and definatly will not want to look through pages and pages of feats.) I am removing feats from the game. It is gonna be PHB1 only and low level. Now what do I need to do to compensate for the powerloss to enable them to still fight effectively against MM1 creatures?

Thanks in advance

Edit: I am thinking Free static bonuses to Hit, Damage and defenses at level 5, 15 and 25. (Weapon focus/bonus damage based on type of spell, Expertise and Paragon Defenses). Also any ideas how I can compensate humans losing one of their class features.

Acanous
2013-05-13, 09:13 PM
Boost their starting gear a level, and add an additional level at 5, 10, 15, and 20.
You can run up 'til 25 and they should be OK. Past that, there's going to be some problems.

Flik9999
2013-05-13, 09:17 PM
add an additional level? So increase their static bonuses so they are actually ahead of what they would be if they had taken expertise, weapon focus and improved defenses?

Edit: Would letting humans get +2 to any TWO racials compensate for the no bonus feat?

Acanous
2013-05-13, 09:21 PM
no no, the gear. Your loot table. Increase their wealth by level by one.
So they start with lv 2 gear. At lv 5, they're getting lv 7 drops. At lv 10, that's lv 13. So on and so forth.

That way they can buy items that make them more effective at what they do, in place of feats. It's not just a static +1/+2 etc, either. They get some control over what bonuses they get, to what things, but you get to drop feats.

Flik9999
2013-05-13, 09:23 PM
Ah cool thanks. Should I also give them free static bonus to compensate for the feat tax that everyone normally gets?

vasharanpaladin
2013-05-13, 10:58 PM
Ah cool thanks. Should I also give them free static bonus to compensate for the feat tax that everyone normally gets?

No, just give them the bonus from the tax.