PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Corpse

Asteron
2013-05-13, 10:07 PM
We are playing RHoD and we just killed our first dragon! Yay!

Anywho, how much money would a large green dragon generate? I have the Draconomicon but it doesn't mention how much of each item you can harvest (other than armor.)

Xervous
2013-05-13, 10:15 PM
make a note to be very careful, dragon bile (and probably other things in there) are very poisonous.

Asteron
2013-05-13, 10:25 PM
My character is immune to poison.

I was just wondering how many dragonfang weapons and dragoncraft bows could be made from a large green dragon.

Xervous
2013-05-13, 11:05 PM
as per draconomicon, one dragon gets you
~ 12 dragonfang weapons (from claws and teeth)
~ enough dragon hide for ONE medium sized hide armor (or perhaps a shield?) or a dragonhide mantle
~ N Blood elixers (where N is the number of gallons of blood you harvest)
~ some number of dragonbone bows, as determined by your DM's concepts of dragon skeletal structure, each big bone yields one dragonbone bow.

that is given you can craft it all up

Asteron
2013-05-13, 11:08 PM
Thanks!

What page is that on?

Kuulvheysoon
2013-05-13, 11:43 PM
Thanks!

What page is that on?

Pages 116-117

Slipperychicken
2013-05-14, 12:01 AM
that is given you can craft it all up

At the very least, you can sell it as raw materials for the item to be constructed. Materials cost 1/3 the market price of the final product.

You can probably get a bunch of gold selling parts of it as material components. But I imagine you could just dump it off with some rich hunting-shop for one price to save you the headache of tracking all this different stuff.

Don't sell the dragon's head, get taxidermy done on it and mount it to a plaque on your wall. You killed this dragon, and you want everyone who visits you to know it. Let no one doubt your elite dragonslayer cred. It could even inspire your character's kids to adventure one day, just like their old man :smallbiggrin:

Another cool idea, ripped from a campaign run by my brother: Make the dragon's bones into an epic life-size standing dragon skeleton, like the dinosaur ones in the NYC Natural History Museum. You don't even need the actual bones for this, just make casts of them like they do in real museums, and such a statue would sell for a fortune. If there's a famous adventurers guild you're part of, you could give it to them, vastly increasing their prestige. Or you could keep it in your own mansion as an awesome display of wealth and power.

http://www.tonyjiang.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/nyc-american-museum-of-natural-history.jpg

Asteron
2013-05-14, 11:36 AM
At the very least, you can sell it as raw materials for the item to be constructed. Materials cost 1/3 the market price of the final product.

You can probably get a bunch of gold selling parts of it as material components. But I imagine you could just dump it off with some rich hunting-shop for one price to save you the headache of tracking all this different stuff.

Don't sell the dragon's head, get taxidermy done on it and mount it to a plaque on your wall. You killed this dragon, and you want everyone who visits you to know it. Let no one doubt your elite dragonslayer cred. It could even inspire your character's kids to adventure one day, just like their old man :smallbiggrin:

Another cool idea, ripped from a campaign run by my brother: Make the dragon's bones into an epic life-size standing dragon skeleton, like the dinosaur ones in the NYC Natural History Museum. You don't even need the actual bones for this, just make casts of them like they do in real museums, and such a statue would sell for a fortune. If there's a famous adventurers guild you're part of, you could give it to them, vastly increasing their prestige. Or you could keep it in your own mansion as an awesome display of wealth and power.

I love this... All of it!

We will probably sell corpse to the people of Brindol to make weapons from... After we make the molds for the bones, of course! I do like keeping the skull as a personal trophy. It would probably cut the number of dragon fang weapions that could be crafted in half, but we'd be ok with that! It's obviously not going to bring us much money selling stuff piecemeal, so we probably won't worry too much.

Marnath
2013-05-14, 12:57 PM
I love this... All of it!

We will probably sell corpse to the people of Brindol to make weapons from... After we make the molds for the corpses, of course! I do like keeping the skull as a personal trophy. It would probably cut the number of dragon fang weapions that could be crafted in half, but we'd be ok with that! It's obviously not going to bring us much money selling stuff piecemeal, so we probably won't worry too much.

Don't forget that a large green dragon weighs 2,500 pounds or more. Depending on how strong you are it might be difficult and time consuming to drag him all the way to Brindol.

Asteron
2013-05-14, 01:06 PM
Don't forget that a large green dragon weighs 2,500 pounds or more. Depending on how strong you are it might be difficult and time consuming to drag him all the way to Brindol.

We've got a Half-Minotaur Goliath Warhulk :smallsmile: Carrying capacity is not really a barrier right now!

Slipperychicken
2013-05-14, 01:27 PM

Pfft. A mule (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/mule.htm) could drag it single-handedly, as can all but the weakest of horses. Basically any pack animal your brought along can do the job.

Marnath
2013-05-14, 02:05 PM
Pfft. A mule (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/mule.htm) could drag it single-handedly, as can all but the weakest of horses. Basically any pack animal your brought along can do the job.

You're assuming that the forest doesn't count as an unfavorable condition for dragging things through it. With all the undergrowth I'd be surprised if it didn't trigger the bad circumstances clause and limit you to half or less of what you can drag across relatively level ground.

dascarletm
2013-05-14, 02:13 PM
If you know any necromancers just sell it to them instead. Dragon zombies/skeletons are boss.:smallbiggrin:

Slipperychicken
2013-05-14, 02:58 PM
You're assuming that the forest doesn't count as an unfavorable condition for dragging things through it. With all the undergrowth I'd be surprised if it didn't trigger the bad circumstances clause and limit you to half or less of what you can drag across relatively level ground.

Maybe there was a path leading there. Unless we're talking about a psychotic hermit-dragon who never has company.

Bring two, maybe 4 if your DM is being a huge tool about it. Mules are 8gp a pop in dnd, not a big deal.

Asteron
2013-05-14, 03:24 PM

Seriously, none of this matters. The Warhulk has a light carry weight of 4896lbs. He can easily carry a large green dragon.

Marnath
2013-05-14, 04:23 PM
Seriously, none of this matters. The Warhulk has a light carry weight of 4896lbs. He can easily carry a large green dragon.

I know, I saw your post.