PDA

View Full Version : Shall we suit him up?

AlanBruce
2013-05-14, 12:23 AM
Greetings! I am building an NPC for a hopefully epic campaign. This guy has not been seen by the PCs at all. It will probably be awhile since they do. Here's the build, using a hobgoblin as race:

General Lurkordek, male hobgoblin marshal 2/ knight 7/legendary leader 5/ cavalier 10/ exemplar 1

Ideally, I wanted to have him ride a dragon, refluffing the mount rules for advancement, but I still have no clue what to give him to really grant this guy an edge.

Any and all suggestions are more than welcome.

Thank you in advance.

Gildedragon
2013-05-14, 01:46 AM
He good? evil? what's his schtick?

Get him a draconic mount via a Leadership (as per the draconomicon); that or a dragon orb. That'd be pretty frightful...

AlanBruce
2013-05-14, 02:19 AM
He is evil. Lawful evil, to be precise. calls himself the Lord of Fire and presides over a large piece of the southern continent in the campaign world. His thing is to conquer and add those that survive to his army- humanoids, giants, dragonkin. Any creature with a martial tendency.

I thought of the idea of a young adult red as his mount- found it fitting enough.

The problem is, with the amount of wealth an epic level character can have, what could I possibly give him?

Gildedragon
2013-05-14, 02:23 AM
NPC Boss and you DMing?
Gear him up like a PC.

Get him a Red Orb of Dragonkind type artifact and DM fiat, but cool and handy. Or a ruby scepter like the lich queen's.
A lesser version is for a particular dragon lineage.

AlanBruce
2013-05-14, 02:56 AM
Thank you. Will consider the orb most definitely. I was also asking what good items for him to wear- any particular armor, weapon (definitely some form of lance).

So far, I had a vorpal as a weapon, but with his wealth, I'm sure he can get a lot more.

Gildedragon
2013-05-14, 03:21 AM
Well some items that give him fire immunity would be good, as well as some that give him desert wind maneuvers or stances.

AlanBruce
2013-05-14, 03:47 AM
A little background on this guy. He is a live representation of the Plane of Fire. So he alreday has the fire subtype and some fire based powers, namely, commanding creatures with the fire subtype, like the dragon.

Fouredged Sword
2013-05-14, 09:08 AM
Ok, so he flies on dragonback, so full platemail. +X frost resistance. Give him a +5 riding shield so it works on the dragon.

Lets give him COP good to prevent his mount from getting mind controlled.

The dragon needs a spell-parrying blade keyed to shivering touch.

Then hop over to the list of necessary magic items (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187851)and pick out a nice spread for both him and his mount.

Also, if you can boost his turning level, he can command young red dragons by using the planer touchstone feat to get access to the fire domain.