PDA

View Full Version : Companion Shape

StickMan
2006-11-27, 01:39 PM
Feat
Companion Shape.
Prerequisites: Wild shape, Animal Companion, Druid level 6.
By Using one use of your wild shape ability you and your animal companion become hybirds of one and other. You and your animal companion's phiscal ability scores become equal to the highest ability of ether yours or your animal companion. You gain all of each other special abilities except class abilities and mudame copies of each others equipment. Your natural armor incresses to that of your animal copanion and you both gain the better of each other speeds. This lasts for 10 minutes a level.

Ok this needs work and the wording is terible but the basic idea is that you and your animal copaion become hybirds of each other.

Serakus_DeSardis
2006-11-27, 02:06 PM
Perhaps it would be better if you merged with your companion and became a hybrid temporarily. Making what amounts to two entities with the best abilities of both is in a word, overpowered. I'm not sure tho.

StickMan
2006-11-27, 03:20 PM
I'm a little ashamed to admite it but the idea comes from naruto. One of the ninjas does this with his dog in a fight and I loved the idea.

Lord Sidereal
2006-11-27, 03:25 PM
This is overpowered. Maybe Have the scores become averages (so that you have to decent fighters rather than a druid and his animal companion) or have it last much less time, say 1 round/level?

knightsaline
2006-11-29, 12:00 AM
make it so that the mental scores stay the same (most animal companions only have meantal scores of 1 or 2), yet make the physical scores merge

when i read the subject title, i thought it would be about making your familiar able to change shape temporarily (giving you the bonuses of that shape. eg, making it so your owl familiar (+3 to spot in shade) changes into a toad (+3 hitpoints)) it would give the frail sorcerer some more HP

Trobby
2006-11-29, 12:58 AM
I'm a little ashamed to admite it but the idea comes from naruto. One of the ninjas does this with his dog in a fight and I loved the idea.

As a semi-avid Naruto fan, I can say that I know exactly what ability you are talking about, and I think I know why your feat is so overpowered.

You see, Naruto, while it is currently a story about Ninjas, was originally supposed to be a story about Magic students. So chances are, what became a ninja technique was originally a magic spell.

Therefore, your "feat" might work better as a mid-level Druid spell instead of a mid-level druid feat. I imagine it'd be somewhat similar to Polymorph self, with both you and your animal companion resembling a Hybrid Lycanthrope. *See: Monster Manual*.

If you're feeling particularly daring, you could try to make a Prestige Druid class that focuses on the animal companion and the bond they share, and include that as a class feature.

Leaving it as a feat for now, though, you may want to consider reading up on Lycanthropes and their hybrid forms. This should tell you what you need to know. (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/monstersKtoL.html#lycanthrope)