PDA

View Full Version : Sort of a Custom Bard/Barbarian PRC Idea

CyberThread
2013-05-14, 09:24 AM
So am thinking of making a PRC for a BARD/BARBARIAN but have it focus on races that are bad for bards, like orcs or dwarves who have that -2 Cha.

1. full bab

2. full casting

3. bardic music per day, but not gaining bard progression on songs.

1st Bardic Music

2nd 1/day Rage

3rd Increase inspire courage by +1

4th Can use music stuff while you rage

5th 2/day rage

Feint's End
2013-05-14, 10:02 AM
So am thinking of making a PRC for a BARD/BARBARIAN but have it focus on races that are bad for bards, like orcs or dwarves who have that -2 Cha.

1. full bab

2. full casting

3. bardic music per day, but not gaining bard progression on songs.

1st Bardic Music

2nd 1/day Rage

3rd Increase inspire courage by +1

4th Can use music stuff while you rage

5th 2/day rage

1. good

2. I'd stay away from giving them fullcasting ... there are very few casting barbarians and they are mostly very specific. If you decide to do so you should make it possible for them to do in Rage but that might make the class to good and depending on the flavour you want it might be awfully unflavourful.

3. good but let bard and prc level stack for inspire courage (signature after all)

make the prc go for 10 Level and give it greater rage at the end

Give the ability for bardic music while raging at Level 1 or 2 (though is there actually a problem with that by RAW)

Give some unique songs and/or bardic music uses. Like "Hymn of Greater Rage" or "Song of Mighty Blows"

That was just the stuff from the top of my head. If the thread goes on ... I'll be back :smallamused:

CyberThread
2013-05-14, 01:23 PM
True but some of those are old also, the powercurve went up as the edition matured.

Bards have subpar casting, and it is focused for races that have that hit to CHA.

They don't get higher bard songs, just using them per level as normal.

I will consider the rest when i get back home tonight.