PDA

View Full Version : Freedom of Movement

NeroMcNamara
2013-05-14, 10:46 PM
Just a basic question because I want to make sure I understand this spell correctly. So obviously I can pass out of grapples and pins, and any form of magic that would inhibit my movement. But what about regular objects. (This is 3.5 DnD rules by the way)

For example: the average human is large enough that they would have to struggle a bit in order to squeeze through a 1 foot wide hole. (probably have that square count as moving 10 or 15 feet dependent on girth) If I have a ring of freedom of movement or the freedom of movement spell cast upon one of my characters would I be able to pass through that area uninhibited or would I still take the movement penalty for passing through that space?

I know I can't fit through shackles or anything that is snuggly fit to my body, but I'm currently playing a halfling druid and as far as I know they are small enough to squeeze through a 6" space with effort. Which is why the question has risen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yaitanos
2013-05-14, 11:22 PM
Freedom of movement won't let you squeeze through something you wouldn't normally fit through, nor does it give you a bonus on fitting through things that would be difficult. It just makes it so you can't be impeded or held by anything. However, I did come accross a spell that will let any fit through any hole. I believe it was Just the Right Size or something like that. And amusing spell that had us all rolling when we found it. "Oh hey I'm a titan sorcerer! I can fit into your halfling home through the mouse house!" Cause that's what the spell said. If I remember right it wasn't that high a lvl spell either. Maybe lower than Freedom of movement.

NeroMcNamara
2013-05-15, 12:17 AM
Now I have a new quest. I must find this spell as it sounds way too hilarious. It will fit well with my Dire Ape companion. thanks for the help by the way