PDA

View Full Version : Werewolf IV (registration closed)

Alarra
2006-11-27, 04:59 PM
It's that time again....time to sign up for the new round of werewolf.

This game shall be 'semi-paranoia' - You will not know which roles have been given out or how many wolves there are. However, you will learn a player's role upon their death.

Registration for this round will end in 3 days or so. That's 8pm on Wednesday. (old board time, or GMT -5, if that helps your timezone meters) Sign up now! I promise fun and twists. :smallsmile:

Narrators:
Alarra
Atreyu, the masked llama

Players:
1. Altharis
2. B-Man
3. Bookman
4. Ceika
5. Cult of the Raven
6. DarkLightDragon
7. Death
8. Deckmaster
9. Destro Yersul
10. Dispozition
11. Eldritch Knight
12. El Jaspero
13. Evnafets
14. Faulkner Asiniti
15. Fenir
16. Flabbicus
17. Gnome Barbarian
18. Iames
19. Jontom Xire
20. Joosbawx
21. Kantur
22. Korith
23. Krursk
24. Kyrian
25. Lord Fullbladder
26. Lucky
27. Malmagor Andrigal
28. Moon Called
29. Ms Elaneous
30. Raistlin
31. Raldor
32. Sehlrac
33. Silkenfist
34. Tharj Treesmiter
35. TheChris
36. The Rabid Walnut
37. Tormskull
38. Trog
39. Vael
40. Veecher
41. Weebl

TheChris
2006-11-27, 05:03 PM
Count me in! Every village needs a tobacconist.

Selrahc
2006-11-27, 05:08 PM
I'm in.

Hope I get a good role this time.

Eldritch Knight
2006-11-27, 05:11 PM
I'm in. Victory shall be mine - no matter what side I'm on!

Joosbawx
2006-11-27, 05:24 PM
I am in, as well. Congrats, again, to the Wolfish winners of the last game.

Tormsskull
2006-11-27, 05:24 PM
Sure, sign me up.

Silkenfist
2006-11-27, 05:28 PM
Another extra

Selrahc
2006-11-27, 05:32 PM
Score is 2-1 to the Wolves.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-11-27, 05:46 PM
I am in, as well. Congrats, again, to the Wolfish winners of the last game.

Well, I wasn't going to join, but now I will.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-27, 05:51 PM
I'm in. Oh, and I call being the gravedigger again. Thanks to my efforts the wolves had a place to dump all our skeletons once they were done eating us. :tongue:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-11-27, 05:52 PM
oooh oooh, this is great. I say we make Death play as the Unicorn!

evnafets
2006-11-27, 05:54 PM
Count me in

B-Man
2006-11-27, 05:57 PM
The village needs a fresh supply of coffee... somebody burned the supply in the last game.

*whistles and looks innocent*

I'll join once again!

2006-11-27, 05:57 PM
oooh oooh, this is great. I say we make Death play as the Unicorn!

No, Death of pixies worked so well (no one pointed at me at all) I am onto my Christmas avatar.

Who would hurt little Angel of Death?

EDIT: I apologize for evnafets (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=11823), you were seen as a big threat last game and as such neutralized early :smallwink: sorry for that....

Raistlin1040
2006-11-27, 05:58 PM
Put me in again. I survived once! I can do so again!

Selrahc
2006-11-27, 06:26 PM
I call Hangman/Executioner

Kyrian
2006-11-27, 06:27 PM
I'm in. I'm in.

Kantur
2006-11-27, 06:35 PM
Oooh, me! me!

Ms_Elaneous
2006-11-27, 06:46 PM
Of course I'm in! That last game was so much fun!

Dispozition
2006-11-27, 06:57 PM
I suppose the village needs an Angel (A real one, not of those phony death ones...). Sign me up, I suppose...

I'm not trusting anyone this game...Trusting people last game is what killed me!

Madmal
2006-11-27, 07:06 PM
I could join....if you can handle someone not beign able to post until the 8th of December

evnafets
2006-11-27, 07:13 PM
Are there any other rule changes?
After the last game I would propose a change to the voting to require more than the "most popular" for lynch. I think it gives the wolves too much advantage.

I think we need a minimum number of votes to do a lynch - eg one third of the current population.
50% of people alive is probably too much.
That way the wolves are not able to split their vote, or take "days off" so easily.
On one apathetic day in the last game, Selrahc was lynched with only 2 votes. I don't see that as helpful to the game at all.

Alarra
2006-11-27, 07:21 PM
That's not a bad idea. That day with 2 votes was ridiculous. And really, I think our population is much more active now, so actually having to get a majority may not take as long as it did game 1.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2006-11-27, 07:21 PM
*walks in dragging Wild Hairy Haggises (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_haggis)*

I told you they couldn't keep me away.

By the way, I call the role of local madman/expert-on-the-mythological.

Korith
2006-11-27, 07:34 PM
I shall return to my role as village apothecary/herbalist.

fenir
2006-11-27, 07:45 PM
((never done this before so sorry tthat I don't know what to do really.))
I shall take the role of village Brain Inspector.

2006-11-27, 07:52 PM
So you're a psychiatrist. Allright then, mister squid-man. I have recently started expressing a lack of the urge to kill, as well as a certain increase in obsessivness when around anything Tolkien- or Transformer-esque. Could you help me out?

This has been a flunderfally stupid post by The Almighty Striker LORD FULLBLADDER! Good night. (I have to get my aliases straight)

Flabbicus
2006-11-27, 07:57 PM
Count me in. Everyone needs a vengeful insane paladin.

Madmal
2006-11-27, 08:33 PM
I'll be the local Druid, aka the first person to blame if someone's crops are spoiled...

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2006-11-27, 08:35 PM
Sign me up!

Mr. Moon
2006-11-27, 08:37 PM
I'm in. Hopefully this time I'll be able to keep my internet access untill the game ends.

I'll be the hunts-elf again. Yes, the wise hunts-elf who knows all about wild creatures.

2006-11-27, 08:44 PM
Well, if El J's here and Moon Called bringing that bloody elf back in, I'll have to fall back to the goblins, against my good judgement. I always get hanged when I goblin-it-up. Ah well. I like Ghosting.

Ms_Elaneous
2006-11-27, 08:45 PM
I'll be the Clock Tower keeper. That seems to be a good job. Bet you've never had one before. :wink:

Flabbicus
2006-11-27, 08:55 PM
Well, if El J's here and Moon Called bringing that bloody elf back in, I'll have to fall back to the goblins, against my good judgement. I always get hanged when I goblin-it-up. Ah well. I like Ghosting.

Don't worry, he's not a racist/xenophobic insane paladin. He's just got psychosis, and split personalities.

2006-11-27, 08:58 PM
Flabbicus, could I have a road map of that post?

Tharj TreeSmiter
2006-11-27, 09:16 PM
Here's Tharjie!!

http://www.saahub.com/ti/4_15200_008.jpg

That means I'm playing :)

Oh and since I have an axe I'll be the lumberjack/carpenter

Tussy the Druid
2006-11-27, 09:34 PM
Wait, wait. I was hung last round? Oh. Wasn't really paying attention :D

Well, sorry guys, but because my teachers are evil, Tussy, the Psychotic Druid, will be retiring. Not permanently.... but i won't be able to be on the boards much.

Yeah, if you want to mods, delete this post.

Tharj TreeSmiter
2006-11-27, 09:44 PM
Oh and could we get a list of:

rules
Roles (last game I had no idea that there were seers of stonemasons etc...)
What the roles do (not who they are)
win conditions

Thank you, it would help me since I'm not too familiar with the game.

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-11-27, 09:54 PM
Sign me Up! I've been admiring this game from afar, must join! But a PM of the rules and such would be nice. Thank you!

Ms_Elaneous
2006-11-27, 10:00 PM
^Ooh, four-armed avvy. Not seen many of those. Kudos. *^_^*

Also, I was playing with the idea... do you think that maybe we could do a little role reversal? Perhaps one of these games we could do the Werewolves trying to root out all of the villagers. It would take a little tweaking, but I believe it is doable and would be kinda fun.

Flabbicus
2006-11-27, 10:13 PM
Flabbicus, could I have a road map of that post?

Er, it was in response to you always getting killed for trying to start the goblin revolution.

Mr. Moon
2006-11-27, 10:21 PM

Hey! I like that bloody elf! She just... hates goblins... that's all... heheh...

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-11-27, 10:29 PM
^Ooh, four-armed avvy. Not seen many of those. Kudos. *^_^*

Thanks, I like your Avatar too. :smallbiggrin: Having four arms is my 3rd wished-for cool thing, next to flying and telekinesis.

Is it okay if I play as my avatar? Just wondering if four arms would be too weird for the game.

evnafets
2006-11-27, 10:29 PM
The rules we have been following so far are fairly standard for Mafia/Werewolf.
You can read the basics here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_Game

Alarra's first post said that we will not know which roles are in play (other than the obvious werewolf and villager) but death will reveal your role (unlike last games paranoia). However there are only so many variations on the roles, as explained on that wikipedia link.
The standard ones we have had so far are
- Baner - each night can protect one person from werewolf attack
- Seer - each night can "dream" about one player and learn their role
- Fool - is told he is the seer, but his dreams are actually random.
- Devil - A seer for the werewolves

As for rules, I think the main thing we need to clarify are
- length of day/night. Last couple of games have been 48 hour "day" for voting and 24 hour night for secret pms.
- Votes to lynch
- How many votes are required to lynch someone.
- Tiebreakers (if it is possible to get a tie)
- Non-voters being culled. I think last game it was after 2 missed votes, with a warning sent by PM. It encourages participation.

Things that help the game along
Make your votes in coloured text so that they stand out. eg *evnafets points at Alarra

At the start, PM everyone their roles - I know its more work on the Narrators, but it saves people posting "I didn't get a PM am I in the game or not?" as happened last time (oops)

I think thats enough rambling from me. The narrators might think I am trying to hijack their game ;-)

Alarra
2006-11-27, 10:46 PM
Yes....everyone will be getting a pm this game.

People will be culled after missing two votes.

Day will be 48 hours, unless someone gets more than 50% of the votes. Then day will end early. We will be going with the idea that you must get 33% of the votes to be hanged. If that has not occurred at the end of 48 hours, I suppose the day will be extended until it has.

Night will be 24 hours, and anyone who does not send us a pm regarding their 'nighttime ability' will lose their chance to use it that evening.

other roles which have been used: (which may or may not be in this game)
masons: group of villagers that know of one another, a preformed alliance, if you will
witch: wolf which can make another player appear however they like if the seer looks at them
illusionist: same as above on villager's side
lovers: two players, not restricted to either werewolf or villager side, which win if they are still alive at the end of the game.
hunter: (there was a hunter last game, I don't know what this role does....Kantur?)

Ms_Elaneous
2006-11-27, 10:47 PM
Thanks, I like your Avatar too. :smallbiggrin: Having four arms is my 3rd wished-for cool thing, next to flying and telekinesis.

Is it okay if I play as my avatar? Just wondering if four arms would be too weird for the game.

I wouldn't think it'd be a problem. I mean, we have a Llama, a goblin, and Death himself plays. Don't see how it could be that weird in this crowd. If anything, you're almost too normal. :wink:

V Ah! Hey Joosbawx! Good to see you in the game again!

Joosbawx
2006-11-27, 10:53 PM
This will be a good game, I believe. I like the paranoia factor coupled with the immediate gratification of knowing what kind of mistakes the Village makes. Or triumphs for that matter. However, considering the score, I'd have to wager with the wolves.

Especially Death. Ah-ooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!!!

2006-11-27, 11:03 PM
Indeed. I promise to be as suspicious and untrustworthy as ever, as I have apparently been for the other two I've participated in.

Oh, E? You probably should have mentioned the Dragon, Demon-Thing, and grave-digging lich from Werewolf III. It probably would have added to the experience.

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-11-27, 11:21 PM
If anything, you're almost too normal.

Must... Control... Insanity... Reflex...

*fails horribly*

FOUR-ARMED TELEKINETIC FLYING TEIFING ROGUE!

Oh, yeah. He's also insane. I wonder why...

Bookman
2006-11-28, 12:47 AM
I'm totally in.

And if any was wondering I had the idea for Lucky as a brick and Veecher as a turkey :biggrin:

(I'm one sick puppy aren't I?)

(No pun intended)

Llama milk was someone else's idea......as was the fact it was made of cheese

2006-11-28, 01:52 AM
Yes....everyone will be getting a pm this game.

These pms should be personalized. Maybe include a back story to avoid meta gaming.

Oh, and I shall be role playing this game, I was seeing how a less active wolf went (voted only once every two days, and then once twice in a row), and they do seem to go well.

But despite the talkative ones normally dying, I shall roleplay to my heart contends.

I always wanted to be a jumberjack...

Joosbawx
2006-11-28, 02:27 AM
For Death (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1337058712815976138&q=monty+python+lumberjack&hl=en). Enjoy.

By the way, I fully support your choice to be a lumberjack. Just be careful. Lots of tree limbs for you to get hung over out there. Wouldn't want anything to happen to you, you know. Nope. Wouldn't want that.

Weebl
2006-11-28, 02:31 AM
I'll play!

Jontom Xire
2006-11-28, 03:25 AM
Hey you missed me off the list of players. I said several times last game that I wanted to play.

I so hope I don't get killed off early this time. Maybe I'll keep my mouth shut so as to not draw the wolves attention. Or ince I'm sure I can post a list of them and they won't dare kill me because it will prove the list.

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-28, 03:48 AM
*grin*

I wanna play! Sign me up! MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEEEEEE!

Please?

I'd like to be the captain of the guard (spiffy sword, woo!) and expert on draconic creatures (since you all know what I am, it makes sense!).

I also think the PM idea is a good one... I didn't get one last round (due to being a villager) and unintentionally revealed my role before the beginning of the game started (due to confusion). But none of you remember that...

I'm looking forward to this round!

Krursk
2006-11-28, 05:06 AM
I'd like to join. If I could be the hangman I'd be very happy. It's the only role I can think of playing

edit: Death, you son of a...silly person

2006-11-28, 05:15 AM
*Steal job*

Oh, I would like to mention that one sure way to get yourself killed is via irony. The fact that Veecher stated "we don't want to go lynch innocent villagers" was a very strange thing for us wolves, so we left it for a day or so, wondered if we could risk it, and then we knocked him off.

Things like "I may be wrong, but I will be alive at the end of the day, and you won't" (anyone remember that?) can strike up the humour of the wolves.

Also, DLD's death was brought around since she made a point of bringing her sword to bed each night "just in case"

Irony rocks wolve's boat.

Selrahc
2006-11-28, 05:25 AM
Hey! I called hangman a page ago *Glares*

Kantur
2006-11-28, 05:38 AM
hunter: (there was a hunter last game, I don't know what this role does....Kantur?)

It can really be anything you want it to be - it can be someone with a many bullets a you want, one shot for the game, only shooting at night, only at day, only if attacked at night, etc.

You can make the role whatever you want it to be really.

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-28, 05:43 AM
*Steal job*

Oh, I would like to mention that one sure way to get yourself killed is via irony. The fact that Veecher stated "we don't want to go lynch innocent villagers" was a very strange thing for us wolves, so we left it for a day or so, wondered if we could risk it, and then we knocked him off.

Things like "I may be wrong, but I will be alive at the end of the day, and you won't" (anyone remember that?) can strike up the humour of the wolves.

Also, DLD's death was brought around since she made a point of bringing her sword to bed each night "just in case"

Irony rocks wolve's boat. 'kay, but who came up with the idea of using said sword as a cake-cutter?

And it must've taken quite a few of you to move it, because it's supposed to be a powerful weapon, but it wouldn't be as powerful after I'd died... hm... Ideas...

*wonders if she should write a proper story about the sword*

2006-11-28, 05:53 AM
'kay, but who came up with the idea of using said sword as a cake-cutter?

And it must've taken quite a few of you to move it, because it's supposed to be a powerful weapon, but it wouldn't be as powerful after I'd died... hm... Ideas...

*wonders if she should write a proper story about the sword*

Probably the same morbid person that wanted to slaughter Shakespeare for the lover scene.

*Death rolls his eyes*

Tormsskull
2006-11-28, 07:51 AM
Hey, since we have our very own moderator participating in this thread, can I suggest a gag order on all talkative ghosts? I found myself voting the exact opposite way the ghost(s) suggested just to spite them, and I don't want their influence to be a factor.

So for all the people with common sense, when you die, shhhhhh. And for those few (solitary) people (person) that choose to break the rules and ghost-speak, can we have their posts deleted or perhaps edited to show "Naughty Ghost stop talking" or somesuch?

Anyhow, good luck to everyone this game Werewolf has been a lot of fun!

2006-11-28, 07:59 AM
Oh, as long as you aren't giving theories and such like ghosts should be able to talk.

Say if you are a ghost, and Joosbawx was found to be a werewolf. You should be allowed to extract your straw involved revenge in the afterlife. Yet not be able to mention that you are sure Llama is a devil.

Joosbawx
2006-11-28, 09:11 AM
Yeah, I didn't mind the banter and playfullness of the ghosts; however, I did not appreciate the disortations of those already dead touting their theories about the game. Sorry, you've been eliminated.

Oh, and Death...

Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaan!!!

Deckmaster
2006-11-28, 10:43 AM
I'm in for another round!

It's good we'll see what everyone is at their death. That'll make things easier...or will it?

Dun! Dun! Dun!!!

I have thought up some interesting and unique roles for this game and I want to see how they play out, so does anyone mind if I run Werewolf V?

Gnome Barbarian
2006-11-28, 10:51 AM
Im up for a round I like that we will know what they are when they day. Because if joosbawx was outted as a baner then I wouldnt have been lynched I believe. Plus thats the one advantage that progessive days get over the first day of point at whoever points first.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-11-28, 10:54 AM
i'm okay with that, DeckMaster.

2006-11-28, 10:54 AM
Oh, and Death...

Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaan!!!

He is already threatening me! I feel very unsafe around him:smallwink:

Also, how about, maybe for a future game we just swap a few names around. There is a chaotic town full of happy werewolves, but all of a sudden, some humans turn up! Since it is not the full moon they can't just check who is what!

The roles:

The villagers

The Wolves (villager): You are a war loving wolf.
The Cult of the High Moon(masons): You like tearing down bricks.
The devil(seer): The one who can weed out those humans
The demon(fool): Your job is to mess things up. You do this unintentionally of course.
The frenzied(hunter): You can kill one person if you are killed.
The partner's in slaughter(lovers): they win if both are alive at the end.
The head collector(baner): No human will go near a spike with a head on top. You know not why.
The shaman(illutionist): can hide a friendly wolves identity.

The Righteous Cleansers.

A crusader(wolf): your job is to turn the town into a place of bliss.
The Seer (devil): you can look at the wolves and discerns how much trouble they will cause.
The Magician (warlock): you can change what people see, hiding your brothers from harm.

Weebl
2006-11-28, 11:25 AM
Death, I could happily play by those anyday. Oh I'm the local warrior with a dragon companion!

Jontom Xire
2006-11-28, 11:58 AM
I already said sorry. And it wasn't really my theory, I was just pointing out Veecher's illogic.

And I really am sorry, ok?

<Flaps away and hides in a cave in some far off mountain range until the next game starts>

Lucky
2006-11-28, 01:07 PM
I'm in for another. Yay!

Altharis
2006-11-28, 01:42 PM
I'd love to be in.... every village needs a walrus freak. Though I'll probably have to learn the rules the hard way...

Tharj TreeSmiter
2006-11-28, 02:15 PM
Hey Death quite trying to steal my job :smallamused: , I called lumberjack/carpenter

Joosbawx
2006-11-28, 02:26 PM
There are so many variants to this game that would be fun to play. I like the ones Death mentioned, a lot.

Oh, and Death, if you acually feel threatened I consider that a feather in my cap. =)

Ms_Elaneous
2006-11-28, 04:14 PM
Also, how about, maybe for a future game we just swap a few names around. There is a chaotic town full of happy werewolves, but all of a sudden, some humans turn up! Since it is not the full moon they can't just check who is what!

I'm so glad someone else thought it was a good idea (and put together the roles!) :smallbiggrin:

Tharj TreeSmiter
2006-11-28, 04:30 PM
Just got to resist the urge to meta-game

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-11-28, 05:37 PM
Hmm... I suppose I need a role too...

Ah, Perfect. I'll be the ringleader of a circus. That way, I can introduce the main act of Asiniti Bigtop. (Me, the freaky one.) I'll need some... volunteers.

B-Man
2006-11-28, 05:42 PM
B-Man reclaims the roll of local coffee adict!

*makes a fresh batch of coffee... but doesn't share*

2006-11-28, 07:03 PM
Yo, Four-armed freak, as a goblinoid madman/mystic, I have the blatant ability to see the future of others (not really). Do you have need of a fortune teller?

Selrahc
2006-11-28, 07:08 PM
What the hell.

Theres lots of people wanting to be the executioner, I've already had a go.

I'll be a performing hippo in the circus.:smallamused:

Lucky
2006-11-28, 07:28 PM
Can I run for Mayor again? :smallbiggrin:

B-Man
2006-11-28, 07:34 PM

er... I'm not sure... but what the hey...

* B-Man nominates Lucky for Mayor.

Ms_Elaneous
2006-11-28, 07:39 PM
Sweet! We're going to have a circus this time?! That's awesome! Well, if you guys ever have need of a clock...tower... that tells time! just let me know.

Tharj TreeSmiter
2006-11-28, 08:43 PM
I can make you a clock tower, we just need a blacksmith to make a bell.

Flabbicus
2006-11-28, 09:00 PM

Support the diminutive Lincolnian figure or face my wrath!

Guess I'm not going to fight back against you this time.

Cult_of_the_Raven
2006-11-28, 10:12 PM
May I join the werewolvian fest? I've played Mafia before and loved it, so i thought i might join werewolves and compare.
I shall be the town fletcher. Yes I make arrows. Silver if you like, and sometimes with specialty fletching. I've done dove, peacock, magic, etcetera.

Eldritch Knight
2006-11-28, 10:33 PM
Dibs on Town Priest...... We all know that there is usually more to them than meets the eye...... Hmmm.... Could he be a TRANSFORMER?

2006-11-28, 10:44 PM
*looks around*

Fullbladder nominates Eldritch Knight for Mayor.

Meet your competitor, propaganda-spewing rodent.

Lucky
2006-11-28, 11:00 PM
Fair enough! We have out running:

Lucky: 2
Eldricth Knight: 1

Greetings citizens of *insert town name here,* I come before you today to announce that I'm running to be re-elected as Mayor! Now, I'm sure some of you are asking "Why should we let that football be our Mayor." Well, whether or not you asked, I shall answer! If I am elected Mayor of whatever we're calling this town, I will make sure all citizens have stable jobs in the town. Need a job? Don't know what's still open? I'll make sure to offer you job positions and allow you to ultimately pick what you like!

Also, I will host Pink PomPom Parties every night! Need to relax after a long day? Nothing says relaxtion like pink pompoms! Woo-hoo! Finally, I will make sure that no one ever goes a day without being reminded just how awesome I am. Because really, I am awesome. Now I turn the floor over to my competitor with these parting words:

STAY IN SCHOOL!

er...

VOTE LUCKY!

Lucky hops off the stage and lefts Eldritch have a go.

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-11-28, 11:03 PM
Fullbladder the goblin psychic... Great. You're hired! You tell fortunes, I'll hide under the table and make the crystal ball float. As for the hippo, every circus needs a star animal. You're.. um... Can you hire a hippo?

Ooh! Ninja'd. Anyway, since there is an election: dibs on Individual Party!

My fellow freaks, weirdos, and other normal people, I am a simple man. I did not ask for 4 arms, nor my other abilities for flying and telekinese. All my life I have been persecuted for these traits. Now it is time to put a stop to it. I have a dream... that all people are created equal. *Lawyers hustle onto stage, pulling out papers and copyright forms. After five minutes, they slowly walk off the stage.*

Unfortunently, I'll have to cut my speech short. Appearently, I have broken copyright. But I am convinced that this is just another example of the pursectcution of my people. Please remember, if you were born with a few unfortunate templates added to you, you and I would understand each other.

Vote Asiniti! FREE THE FREAKS!

2006-11-29, 02:10 AM
The roles:

The Pack

The Wolves (villager): You are a war loving wolf a part of a large pack for the greater evil.
The Cult of the High Moon(masons): You like tearing down bricks, your meetings are slightly disorganized, but you can recognize each other out of wolf form.
The demon(seer): The one who can weed out those humans. Nothing really magical, you just visit there house, put on your strong arm tactic and introduce the person to your crowbar until they squeal what they are.
The devil(fool): You are told you are a demon, but you look nothing like your father... Your intimidate dosen't go as well, and the interrogatee can often devilishly lie to you bare face.
The frenzied(hunter): You can kill one person if you are killed, after all, you didn't get voted "most likely to rip out the throat of those who cross you" from the graduating class of 98 for no reason.
The Alpha and the Omega(lovers): You are the leaders of the mob when in wolf form. The pact you made when unholy powers required two souls though, and you are bound together.
The head collector(baner): No human will go near a spike with a head on top. You know not why. Being the biggest brute in the town helps as well.
The shaman(illutionist): You can change anyones appearance, you use this mostly to do horrendous deeds like impersonating kings, framing others, or even stealing cookies.

The Righteous Cleansers.

A crusader(wolf): your job is to turn the town into a place where the greater good will thrive.
The Seer (devil): You are the holy order's most holy man, you can ask god to guide you in discerning the true nature of the wolves around you.
The Magician (warlock): you can change what people see, hiding your brothers from harm in a truly noble way.
The Grandmaster of the knights templar (alpha wolf): Came on special invitation, gets to chose his team of holy knights to lead battle for his god.

When the night starts the pack gets together to see who shall be ripped apart due to distrust among the pack.

As dawn breaks the champions of light set out to smite a wolf for punishment against the greatest good.

A wolf looks like a werewolf if killed.
If one who is in the cult is killed a crude badge made of skeleton of a moon is found.
If a demon or devil is killed one can find a crowbar.
A frenzied wolf is easy to spot, they kill another.
The Alpha and Omega are also easy to spot, both souls are torn from there bodies.
The head hunter is found when you find a bloodied pole on the body of the head hunter. How you never noticed it before shall remain a mystery.

If a crusader is killed you find a silver blade with a sun heraldry on it.
If a seer is killed you find a holy water which when poured into a basin can give the ability to be able to scry. Not that you really care.
If a magician is killed you find a staff of power, just like the headhunter these guys can hide things like this rather well.
If the grandmaster is killed a laurel crown is found on the body.

[hr]

Slightly changed. I just think something like this would be great fun though.

Dispozition
2006-11-29, 04:28 AM
If we are playing a reverse game...This is gonne be awesome!

2006-11-29, 04:45 AM
Updates info!

Don't know if Alarra wishes to play a reverse game, but maybe Werewolf V hey Deckmaster?

Altharis
2006-11-29, 05:49 AM
I am soooo a were walrus.... or am I??? *Shifty eyes*

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-11-29, 07:27 AM
I'm pretty sure we have our plans for W.W. IV set. We've got some interesting things to try. No plans for a reverse werewolf game at this time, but what we have planned should be exciting for both wolf and man alike.

Personally, I think Death just wants a role reversal game so that it'll increase his chances of playing Cyne Deathwolf for 4 straight games. :smalltongue:

P.S. Registration ends soon so sign up if you want to play.

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-29, 07:46 AM
I can't wait!

*does not vote for a mayor... yet*

V: WOLF!

*frenzied claw-stabbitying*

...What? I'm gonna be captain of the guard soon! It's my job to prevent suspicious activity!

*shifty eyes*

Korith
2006-11-29, 08:00 AM
I vote Eldritch Knight for meat shi....er, Mayor.

2006-11-29, 09:56 AM
Personally, I think Death just wants a role reversal game so that it'll increase his chances of playing Cyne Deathwolf for 4 straight games. :smalltongue:

Don't the narrators die on the first day as tradition? :smallwink:

TheRabidWalnut
2006-11-29, 10:08 AM
Is there still time to express an interest in joining this round? (Ive been backwards and I cant see a "registration closed" shout)

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-11-29, 10:41 AM
come on in, Rabid Walnut. The more the messier!

Altharis
2006-11-29, 11:17 AM
Go go werewalrus team!

Madmal
2006-11-29, 11:22 AM
Asiniti has my vote for Mayor, Shapechangers can also be considered as "freaks"...:smallbiggrin:

Bookman
2006-11-29, 11:28 AM
<lotsa info>
When the day starts the pack gets together to see who shall be ripped apart due to distrust among the pack.

As darkness falls the champions of light set out to smite a wolf for punishment against the greatest good.
<lotsa info>

For next game if we do do a reversed one shouldn't they kill in the day andwe discuss in the night? :biggrin:

2006-11-29, 11:38 AM
The roles:

The Pack

The Wolves (villager): You are a war loving wolf a part of a large pack for the greater evil.
The Cult of the High Moon(masons): You like tearing down bricks, your meetings are slightly disorganized, but you can recognize each other out of wolf form.
The demon(seer): The one who can weed out those humans. Nothing really magical, you just visit there house, put on your strong arm tactic and introduce the person to your crowbar until they squeal what they are.
The devil(fool): You are told you are a demon, but you look nothing like your father... Your intimidate dosen't go as well, and the interrogatee can often devilishly lie to you bare face.
The frenzied(hunter): You can kill one person if you are killed, after all, you didn't get voted "most likely to rip out the throat of those who cross you" from the graduating class of 98 for no reason.
The Alpha and the Omega(lovers): You are the leaders of the mob when in wolf form. The pact you made when unholy powers required two souls though, and you are bound together.
The head collector(baner): No human will go near a spike with a head on top. You know not why. Being the biggest brute in the town helps as well.
The shaman(illutionist): You can change anyones appearance, you use this mostly to do horrendous deeds like impersonating kings, framing others, or even stealing cookies.

The Righteous Cleansers.

A crusader(wolf): your job is to turn the town into a place where the greater good will thrive.
The Seer (devil): You are the holy order's most holy man, you can ask god to guide you in discerning the true nature of the wolves around you.
The Magician (warlock): you can change what people see, hiding your brothers from harm in a truly noble way.
The Grandmaster of the knights templar (alpha wolf): Came on special invitation, gets to chose his team of holy knights to lead battle for his god.

When the night starts the pack gets together to see who shall be ripped apart due to distrust among the pack.

As dawn breaks the champions of light set out to smite a wolf for punishment against the greatest good.

A wolf looks like a werewolf if killed.
If one who is in the cult is killed a crude badge made of skeleton of a moon is found.
If a demon or devil is killed one can find a crowbar.
A frenzied wolf is easy to spot, they kill another.
The Alpha and Omega are also easy to spot, both souls are torn from there bodies.
The head hunter is found when you find a bloodied pole on the body of the head hunter. How you never noticed it before shall remain a mystery.

If a crusader is killed you find a silver blade with a sun heraldry on it.
If a seer is killed you find a holy water which when poured into a basin can give the ability to be able to scry. Not that you really care.
If a magician is killed you find a staff of power, just like the headhunter these guys can hide things like this rather well.
If the grandmaster is killed a laurel crown is found on the body.

Just quoted that, and as you can see it always was like that. Misquoting is only funny one or twice booky:smalltongue:

Bookman
2006-11-29, 11:43 AM
The roles:
<lotsa info>

Just quoted that, and as you can see it always was like that. Misquoting is only funny one or twice booky:smalltongue:

Horrible habit isn't it?

Mr. Moon
2006-11-29, 11:53 AM
Fullbladder the goblin psychic... Great. You're hired! You tell fortunes, I'll hide under the table and make the crystal ball float. As for the hippo, every circus needs a star animal. You're.. um... Can you hire a hippo?

Ooh! Ninja'd. Anyway, since there is an election: dibs on Individual Party!

My fellow freaks, weirdos, and other normal people, I am a simple man. I did not ask for 4 arms, nor my other abilities for flying and telekinese. All my life I have been persecuted for these traits. Now it is time to put a stop to it. I have a dream... that all people are created equal. *Lawyers hustle onto stage, pulling out papers and copyright forms. After five minutes, they slowly walk off the stage.*

Unfortunently, I'll have to cut my speech short. Appearently, I have broken copyright. But I am convinced that this is just another example of the pursectcution of my people. Please remember, if you were born with a few unfortunate templates added to you, you and I would understand each other.

Vote Asiniti! FREE THE FREAKS!

Hey, as an Elf/Drow, you have my vote. But then, noone knows I'm an Elf/Drow, so... Oh shut up.

Altharis
2006-11-29, 11:54 AM
Are were-walruses freaks?

Weebl
2006-11-29, 12:21 PM
I would say so. But I shall not send Bob on you unless you cast 6Ft Blubber. He hates being full of fat.

Tharj TreeSmiter
2006-11-29, 01:07 PM
I can't wait to start the last one was fun, too bad I didn't survive the last one... [grumble... bookman...lynch... grumble... the chris....] oh ya no meta gaming :)

Bookman
2006-11-29, 01:25 PM
I can't wait to start the last one was fun, too bad I didn't survive the last one... [grumble... bookman...lynch... grumble... the chris....] oh ya no meta gaming :)
Ok guys if you find me dead in the morning assume Tharj took his revenge :wink:

Deckmaster
2006-11-29, 02:25 PM
Well, I was going to post what roles I was planning on using if I run Werewolf 5, but I got logged out before I could post it. Suffice it to say they are based on the D&D core classes.

Ms_Elaneous
2006-11-29, 04:23 PM
I'm getting itchy for this thing to start! I love this game!

Weebl
2006-11-29, 04:24 PM
Oh, Ms E your needed in playground squares.

@V: VOTE ELDRITCH!

Eldritch Knight
2006-11-29, 04:40 PM
I accept the nomination for mayor. I promise to do my best to keep the lynch mobs orderly, so that we may spare the innocent. That, and I promise free cookie dough ice cream for everyone......... (It's Hagen Daas, too!)

Cult_of_the_Raven
2006-11-29, 04:59 PM
I guess i'll vote Asiniti, cuz i'm really a were-raven (tis true!) I even use my own feathers to fletch arrows!

Do we have a name for our town yet? Maybe we should vote on that, too.

Ms_Elaneous
2006-11-29, 05:07 PM
Asiniti gets my vote, as he has four arms and therefore is twice as cool as the average citizen. (Three arms would only be 1.5 times as cool.)

2006-11-29, 05:11 PM
Hmmm..... I'l have to update the Books. Right down which blatant were-thingies to NOT slaughter out of hand.

I also have to set up a "Vote Eldritch Knight or No Free Garlic For You" sign. By the way, I'm selling Garlic. We may need garlic. It also goes great with bread. Shrunken hobgoblin heads also on sale.

Mr. Moon
2006-11-29, 06:39 PM
Must... resist... free... cookie dough....! Must... vote... for... fellow... freak!

TheRabidWalnut
2006-11-29, 06:54 PM
Yay! Im on the list! I think its time to explore the village.

channels my inner Alan Rickman... Im going to see if there's a pub.

Ms_Elaneous
2006-11-29, 06:56 PM
I think we should name the village! I vote for Werewood! (It sounds cool and is applicable to the story...) Or Wherewood. Because it is a homonym.

2006-11-29, 07:03 PM
Well, all my suggestions will probably be knocked down. Like my last idea.

Such trampling of creative spirit.

Maybe Londoom, Cydney if we go down the punny side of things, although I am personally crusading for

Angel Town

Trog
2006-11-29, 07:09 PM
I'm in. What the hell.

Ceika
2006-11-29, 07:11 PM
I'll give it a go this round... sign me up!

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-29, 07:12 PM
Sign me up too!

2006-11-29, 07:13 PM
Hey, look, the Townes found a link to the game!

I couldn't get the librarian in though, but if everyone starts doing it.

Remember kids, peer pressure does work!

AmberVael
2006-11-29, 07:14 PM
Sounds cool. I'll join.

Dispozition
2006-11-29, 07:40 PM
Well, all my suggestions will probably be knocked down. Like my last idea.

Such trampling of creative spirit.

Maybe Londoom, Cydney if we go down the punny side of things, although I am personally crusading for

Angel Town

Yes...For sure the spoiler!!! Because I'm th Real angel in this town...Not that phony Death one...

The Valiant Turtle
2006-11-29, 07:57 PM
Ah! New Game! Good thing I saw a reference over in H/H. I'll join now, semi-paranoia is fine by me!

veecher
2006-11-29, 08:01 PM
im in too. i think we should call this town victors harbor.

Flabbicus
2006-11-29, 08:08 PM
Yes...For sure the spoiler!!! Because I'm th Real angel in this town...Not that phony Death one...

But you told me that you were... Deceiver!

Mr. Moon
2006-11-29, 08:17 PM
Just a heads up, my brother may want to join in. I created an account for him as my Christmas present to him. Yes, in November. Don't ask.

How about we call it... Sorrow's End?

Alarra
2006-11-29, 08:21 PM
REGISTRATION CLOSED!

Roles will be being pm'd shortly and a new thread will be starting for the game following that.

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-11-29, 08:32 PM
Thanks all for voting for me. All who voted in my favor is guaranteed the circus's protection in the upcoming slaughter. After all, freaks must stand together, because that way everyone thinks we're up to something.

The game is afoot... literally.

Nice avatar, ms. E. Love the snowman.

Dispozition
2006-11-29, 08:36 PM
But you told me that you were... Deceiver!

Well...COmpared to Death...I'm a real angel...I'm close enough anyway...

Ms_Elaneous
2006-11-29, 08:40 PM
Nice avatar, ms. E. Love the snowman.

Thanks. Ceika works wonders she does. Heh, well, we get to begin now! And did we decide our town's name?

Flabbicus
2006-11-29, 08:41 PM
Burgsvilleburgton town?

Eldritch Knight
2006-11-29, 08:49 PM
How about we name it Lyqatruo?

(Which means Were-four...)

Flabbicus
2006-11-29, 08:56 PM

Heheh, that's pretty good.

Madmal
2006-11-29, 09:04 PM

Sounds good to me...

Ms_Elaneous
2006-11-29, 09:12 PM
Burgsvilleburgton town?
I kind of like this one myself. :smallwink:

Deckmaster
2006-12-01, 03:21 PM
I vote for Burgsvilleburgton Town.

Eldritch Knight
2006-12-01, 03:25 PM
Lyquatro FTW!

Jontom Xire
2006-12-04, 08:49 AM
Faulkner. Please can you stop posting in lime green, please, please, please. Against the white background it seriously hurts my eyes. I hate having to read your posts and may end up voting for you to be lynched just on that general principle, even though I suspect you probably are a villager.