PDA

View Full Version : Cyberpunk Careers

Rhynn
2013-05-15, 11:46 AM
I'm hacking together Fuzion/Interlock cyberpunk game (from Artesia: Adventures in the Known World, Sengoku, Bubblegum Crisis, Cyberpunk 2020, Cyberpunk 2013, and many other secondary sources), and I'm up to careers. I've got a lot of material to steal from, but I have to organize it all and combine or split things into a good career list.

So, I ask you this: gimme some cyberpunk (or modern, or low sci-fi) career ideas! A name/title and a short description, maybe a general listing of associated skills or skillsets (not system-specific).

These can be broad or specialized, specifically cyberpunk or from modern life, exciting and interesting or thoroughly mundane.

For instance:

Street Samurai
You're a modern ronin, a mercenary of the Street, drifting from job to job. You trust no one and no thing but your gun and your wits.
Skills: Close Combat, Firearms, Stealth, Streetwise.

Ripperdoc
Maybe you never went to medical school, but you wield a mean scalpel. You work on the Street, in a garage or a plastic tent as often as in an operating room. "Sterilization" is something you do to patients, not to instruments.
Skills: Medical, Streetwise, Technical.

Corporate
Manager, consultant, headhunter, salaryman, wageslave. Whatever your job description or pejorative, you're the Corp's. You might work up in Accounts or down in the Special Department, your life might be dull and repetitive or dangerous and uncertain, but you know the Corp has your back. Well, until you screw up...
Skills: Business, Social, Technical.

Xaotiq1
2013-05-15, 09:36 PM
Fixer: You need it? They got it; or at least have a good line on it. They'll make sure it reaches you, for the right price. Fast-talking, alley-walking greasers of the wheels.
Skills: Streetwise, Social, Business

Driver: Coupe, sedan, light truck, heavy truck, REALLY heavy truck? Been behind the wheel of them all. Scratches and dents happen...yeah, bullet holes too! Hey, any parking job you can walk away from...
Skills: Drive, Repair, Firearms