PDA

View Full Version : Looking for information on Gwynharwyf

AzureNightshade
2013-05-15, 06:47 PM
Does anyone know what books/dragon magazines information on Gwynharwyf has appeared in? The only mention of her I can find is the prestige class and such in BoED and a small blurb in DM #345, which is problematic because I had planned to use her in a campaign setting.

I was hoping for things like notable stories and domains.

Marnath
2013-05-15, 07:59 PM
Do you mean aside from the stat block and description on page 155 in that same book? Other than that I don't know if she's mentioned anywhere.

*edit: On re-reading the Court of Stars entry, I just noticed that Gwynharwyf and Faerinaal are both consorts to Queen Morwel. Am I reading that right, that the queen of the Eladrin is canonically bi-sexual? I mean, potentially there's a more archaic meaning to consort but the picture of Morwel and Faerinaal embracing suggests that my interpretation of what is meant by consort is correct.

afroakuma
2013-05-15, 08:06 PM
When it comes to eladrins and guardinals, there's not much material. This is largely because unlike the rest, they were invented in '95 for a card game. Try the source list from here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gwynharwyf).

AzureNightshade
2013-05-15, 09:19 PM
Do you mean aside from the stat block and description on page 155 in that same book? Other than that I don't know if she's mentioned anywhere.

*edit: On re-reading the Court of Stars entry, I just noticed that Gwynharwyf and Faerinaal are both consorts to Queen Morwel. Am I reading that right, that the queen of the Eladrin is canonically bi-sexual? I mean, potentially there's a more archaic meaning to consort but the picture of Morwel and Faerinaal embracing suggests that my interpretation of what is meant by consort is correct.

Yeah other then that. I'm looking for more stories of war's she's lead and the like. And you read it right, Gwynharwyf is the best lesbian, kick-ass almost-Goddess.

http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/46955/Gwynharwif.jpg

This picture is based on the 1 paragraph blurb she has in Dragon #345, whats in the book is pathfinder stuff, mostly just about her organization and its benefits, and I haven't looked at dragon 348 yet.

Edit: Just a half a page about the Church of the Whirling Fury and its benefits, which is useful, but not overly what I was looking for :smallfrown:

Ashtagon
2013-05-16, 05:15 AM

It makes perfect sense that the Court of Stars would be pansexual

AzureNightshade
2013-05-16, 12:22 PM
As I can't find domains anywhere lets look at what makes sense!

War
Arborea
Chaos
Good
Windstorm?
Air?
Wrath (She is a barbarian after all)
or Strength if the SpC isn't available to you.

SiuiS
2013-05-16, 01:21 PM

And polyamorous, yes. Note having multiple partners != bisexual.

When it comes to eladrins and guardinals, there's not much material. This is largely because unlike the rest, they were invented in '95 for a card game. Try the source list from here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gwynharwyf).

oh? What card game was that?
Rather, what do you know that wikipedia does not?

Marnath
2013-05-16, 03:20 PM
As I can't find domains anywhere lets look at what makes sense!

War
Arborea
Chaos
Good
Windstorm?
Air?
Wrath (She is a barbarian after all)
or Strength if the SpC isn't available to you.

Those sound pretty good for a cleric of an ideal who worships her.

AzureNightshade
2013-05-16, 06:07 PM
I would love to see the cards for the court of stars at least.

LtPowers
2013-05-17, 01:53 PM
And polyamorous, yes. Note having multiple partners != bisexual.

No, but having one that's male and one that's female does.

Powers &8^]

AzureNightshade
2013-05-17, 04:26 PM
It's probably supposed to represent some facet of being chaotic good or something, considering the queen of the stars is supposed to be the paragon of chaotic goodness or something.

Telonius
2013-05-18, 02:04 PM
I suspect it may have also been there to emphasize that an Exalted status can apply to characters with a variety of views on sexual ethics.