PDA

View Full Version : KHITP Interest/OOC Thread (Character cap reached)

Beans
2013-05-15, 07:36 PM
So, I thought we'd try another one of these!
In short, what I'm thinking of uses the settings and mechanics of Kingdom Hearts, but distances itself from canon---no Sora and friends, no Org XIII, and Xehanort's not going around being responsible for literally every single bad thing ever.
Players can be Keyblade Wielders, Nobody members of a new group estranged from the Nobody elite, or even humanoid Heartless whose hearts are strong enough to keep them mostly sane... or they can be none of these if that's what they want; they can be independent.

INFODUMP
RULE-TYPE THINGS ETC

Character type guidelines
Keyblade Wielder:

Let's try to keep the number of Keyblade Wielders from being too crazy, especially at the outset.
More importantly, I'd prefer that most of the Keyblade Wielders be less experienced; one or two can be more experienced, but not many.
At the outset, each Wielder has three Keychain slots. Starting Keyblades should be a bit on the basic side, especially for rookies, with obtaining your "true Keychain" happening because of some sort of significant moment for your character.
Keyblade Armor and Keyblade Gliders are available; however, each one takes up a Keychain slot. I'd prefer rookies not start with them, but you can get them.

Nobodies (The Pale)

Nobodies cannot wield Keyblades, hands down. You can have a cool weapon and a cool element, but no Keyblades.
Speaking of which, two members of The Pale cannot have the same element, nor the same weapon. Elements used in canon by Org XIII are fair game because there is no Org XIII in this canon.
If you're playing a Nobody, you'll be part of The Pale, so by default you have a white Paradox cloak thing. Describe any variations to the standard getup your character may have.
At the outset, your ability to command lesser Nobodies is probably pretty low. Over time you can get better at it, but from the start you'll probably just be limited to a handful of Dusks.
We still have the "X in your name" tradition.

Humanoid Heartless:

Being a Heartless, your very being is bent toward the darkness. Something is calling you, and your emotions are probably pretty out of whack.
You can wield Keyblades. Due to their nature of representing your heart, they should have darkness and menace as design themes. Same restrictions as regular Keyblade Wielders.
You can have a "Pureblood Form" as a sort of super-mode, but it should take a while to develop and risk losing your resistance against the call.

General:

Travel between worlds means either going through a Corridor of Darkness, a Corridor of Pure Light, a Gummi Ship, or a Keyblade Glider.
The Realm of Darkness and its Corridors corrupt the heart and body. Physical darkness corruption tans the skin, silvers the hair, and turns the eyes yellow. Heartless are exempt from all this.
The Realm of Pure Light and its Corridors are no safer! The harsh, stark radiance leaves the skin pale, turning hair lighter and burning its tips dark until it is entirely white with black tips. The eyes are made pale until they are almost white. It is also said that looking on the terrible, perfect beauty of this place can harm the mind.
The harmful influences of Darkness and Pure Light can be blocked by wearing a black Enigma coat (very hard to come by), white Paradox coat (exclusive to members of The Pale), or Keyblade Armor (obviously exclusive to Keyblade Wielders).
Pretty much all Disney universes are a World; some non-Disney stuff may be a world too on a case-by-case basis.
A list of suggested elements for Nobody characters.

Space
Ice
Earth
Illusion
Moon
Water
Time
Flower/Plants
Electricity
Sun
Star
Smoke
Chemical
Metal
Glass
Dream
Storm
Poison
Torque
Magnetism
Plasma
Sound
Gravity
Vacuum
Dragon
Fate

Notable Worlds/Locations
Port Tranquility
This waterfront city is blanketed in continual night, lit by the bright "day" moon and the dim "night" moon. Its main areas are its plaza, its boardwalk, its dockyards, and its old clock tower.
The Clock Tower is actually the base of sorts for the Keyblade Wielder presence in this world. Conversely, the shady dockyards are where Heartless can be seen.
Port Tranquility is notable in that its sea is actually connected to certain worlds; which worlds and where changes like the movements of the ocean itself.

The World that Never Was
This world is the only place a Nobody can call home; the Dark City is centered around a vast pit, over which the Castle that Never Was houses the Nobody elite. The Pale were all given the location of a notable and previously-empty building, a black skyscraper called the Tower of Doubt.

BACKGROUND/ETC.
There is no Sora, no Kairi, no Riku, no Ansem, no Xehanort. There are still Keyblades and Heartless and Nobodies, but none you know.
What's going on is an all-out war. The Heartless and Nobodies tear at each other across the myriad worlds; those normals who know what's going on are trying to keep it from leaking to those who don't, and the need for people willing to stand up for the light is great.
The Heartless are rarely more than feral beasts; the fact that they're so fervently campaigning against the Nobodies implies that someone or something is directing them. On the other side, the Nobodies---stronger and smarter but fewer in number---are coalescing into factions around whichever of a handful of elites they feel to be most beneficial to them.
Those standing for light need more soldiers but cannot just go out and recruit; they want to involve ad few innocents as they can, so only people who have already been caught up in a Heartless or Nobody attack can be recruited. As such, they must stay vigilant; besides saving lives, a successful repelling of an enemy force could net them a few new recruits.
Among the Nobodies, a few powerful enough to retain a human form but kept down by the elite are receiving messages from a Nameless Interloper, as well as something very special: a set of coats like the black Enigma cloaks worn by the Nobody elite, but these are white and referred to as Paradox cloaks.
Even among the Heartless, some have managed not to fall to the call of the mysterious force driving the horrors; their path is theirs to choose, though always the voice in the back of their head calls, and few will trust them.

CHARACTER SETUP
Name:

Magic/Element: What magic your character focuses on (if any), or their element if they're a Nobody.

Appearance:

Equipment: For Keyblade wielders, include your Keychains.

Abilities: Expound on your character's combat and magic/elemental abilities.

Personality:

World of Origin:

Backstory:

OH ALSO NOTE: At least at the beginning, I'd prefer no player to have more than two characters.

CHARACTERS BY GROUP

Keyblade Wielders: Caelum (Beans), Antonio (AnimeKid), Levin (LDK), Garrett (DoB), Syra (Kerfufflemach)
Nobodies: Xathet (Beans), Xerxes (ThirdEmperor), Zaluxa (Kerfufflemach), Larfex (AnimeKid), Xieldan (Dorizzit)
Heartless: Zethus (Doom), Saru (Phantom), Sint (Dorizzit)
Independent:
----
Name: Xathet, Entropy's Prophet
Apparent Age: 19
Type: Nobody (The Pale)

Element: Dust/Sand

Appearance: Xathet is a lanky girl, with skin of average tone and pastel orange eyes. Her hair reaches down below her waist in the back; it is pale, sandy blonde with dark brown tips. She always tends to have smudges under and around her eyes, but somehow her clothes remain clean.
She wears a fairly standard Paradox white coat, but her gloves have silver knuckle-caps on them. Otherwise, beneath the coat is a standard uniform; white boots with silver trim, white pants, white top.

Weapon: Nephelator, a metal push-broom which can be turned into a handheld folding fan. As a broom, it can be used as a formidable polearm; as a fan, it can block and deflect. Either form can be used to manipulate dust and/or sand.

Abilities: Xathet can create dust and sand and/or gather it from the environment. Sand can be packed into hard constructs or used like a sandblaster; she is able to whip up dust storms and is immune to any difficulty in breathing or seeing in such a storm. She can also use dust under her feet to go faster, and is generally quite speedy.

Nobody Troops: The Hoover Nobody, a quick-moving mid-sized type with long, flared sleeves that nearly drag on the ground; it can take in and expell air and debris from them. They are a dull, pale dusty grey.

World of Origin: Xathet's original self was a resident of Deep Space's Earth (that is, Earth in the Lilo and Stitch universe).

Personality: Xathet is fairly upbeat for a Nobody, though she misses having a full range of emotions rather than the vague, weak feelings and forced mannerisms of her true nature. In her spare time, she cleans her floor of the Tower of Doubt, the lobby, and any other floor whose owner will let her; the memories are familiar and comforting and help her feel less distanced from her human life.

Backstory: Theta was a regular human girl, a maid at an opulent hotel in Hawaii, before she got caught up in a Heartless attack; by her strong will to live, her mind and body remained intact and formed Theta's Nobody, Xathet. She spent a while as a bit of an outcast among Nobodies; the elite would have nothing to do with her, and only Dusks and Creepers would hang around with her. She experimented with Corridors of Light a time or two, which started to affect her hair and eye color, before eventually receiving a white Paradox coat and a message from a nameless interloper giving coordinates to the Tower of Doubt, a skyscraper in the Dark City that most others avoided for some reason. Picking a floor for herself, she finally had the chance to practice and refine her dust/sand powers and choose a weapon that fit her; memories of her work as a maid shaped the two forms of her weapon, the push-broom of housekeeping work and the folding fan of refined guests.

Name: Caelum
Type: Keyblade Wielder

Magic: Specializes in air/thunder-related magic

Appearance: Slim, with long silvery hair and indigo eyes. Cael wears a grey zippered pullover with teal trim and a black shirt underneath, with faded jeans and grey legwarmers. Her shoes are blue.

Equipment: Her Keyblade, Sniper's Dream [http://phoenixtrooper.deviantart.com/art/Keyblade-Sniper-s-Dream-216971833]. One chain for her Keyblade Armor. Assorted items.

Personality: Caelum is level-headed and kind, wanting to keep things calm and controlled. She looks after younger, less experienced Wielders and looks up to superiors like Masters Delantha, Seban, and Ryrte.
World of Origin: Port Tranquility

Backstory: Cael is a fairly experienced Keyblade Wielder, with her own distinctive Keyblade and a recently-gained set of Keyblade Armor. She's been a Wielder for a few years, ever since a Nobody attack nearly killed her.

ThirdEmperor
2013-05-15, 08:50 PM
Oooookay, just got an idea that's too amusing to pass up, so I suppose I'm joining this thing.

My character? Xerxes! Power of Ink!

In his past life, before a Shadow stole his heart, Xerxes' human form was an otaku, who prided himself on his collection of cartoons and comics! This being one of the only things he can remember, Xerxes has clung to this element of his former self, becoming completely obsessed to the point of madness!

.... I may swap out Ink powers for Moon, if I can think of what moon-based powers might entail. :smalltongue:

Beans
2013-05-15, 08:53 PM
Hey, I'm planning to have a Nobody whose element is dust/sand and wields a folding fan that transforms into a push-broom. Ink is totally legitimate.

As for Moon... well, in canon, Saix's moon powers were basically "light blue fiery energy things" and "BERSERKER RAGE AAAAAA".

AnimeKid
2013-05-15, 08:53 PM
I am definetely interested. I love Kingdom Hearts. As for characters I would like to call 'dibs', for lack of a better word, on a Keyblade wielder. Other than that I would probably try to also play a Nobody or two. Depends on the rules for multiple characters.

Beans
2013-05-15, 08:54 PM
Starting rules are two characters max. A Keyblade wielder would be good to have; do you plan to have them be a rookie or someone a little more experienced?

Edit: WHOOPS I SHOULD PUT UP THE CHARACTER SHEET TEMPLATE THING. I DID IT.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-15, 09:02 PM
Posting interest. Key blades are cool. Not sure what my concept would be, but I'm not interested in a Nobody.

Dorizzit
2013-05-15, 09:05 PM
Posting interest. I'd be pretty interested in any of the three character types, really, so we'll see which groups need more characters.

AnimeKid
2013-05-15, 09:07 PM
Starting rules are two characters max. A Keyblade wielder would be good to have; do you plan to have them be a rookie or someone a little more experienced?

Edit: WHOOPS I SHOULD PUT UP THE CHARACTER SHEET TEMPLATE THING. I DID IT.

Ah okay then. And yeah I would perfer a rookie Keyblade Wielder. It's a bit more amusing that way. Plus I just love a good story about how the joking, naive rookie becomes and incredible bad*ss and still keeps the fun part of his personality.

Call me a little biased, but final fantasy 8 turned me off stoic characters a little. Or rather characters that are way to serious. Though as long as it's done well I can handle it.

ThirdEmperor
2013-05-15, 09:08 PM
Yeah, I'll go with Ink. Just so he can have a gun that fires animated ink cartoons at people.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-15, 09:10 PM
How are we handling Worlds? Will we be assuming most or all of our players will be human (seemingly in the case if heartless).

Beans
2013-05-15, 09:12 PM
Most are going to be human, yes. As for worlds, could you be a little more specific about that?

Deathkeeper
2013-05-15, 09:16 PM
Well, will be making our own starting places or will those worlds be established some other way?

Beans
2013-05-15, 09:21 PM
I think for normals it might be best to start in Twilight Town, for Nobodies to start in The World That Never Was (I'll be describing the building The Pale have been given) and for Heartless... possibly also Twilight Town.

This doesn't mean everyone's character is originally from Twilight Town or whatever, of course; it just means they'd be there at the start of the RP to make things a little more simple.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-15, 10:27 PM
Okay, sounds good. Currently building a character concept, thinking more finesse-based. I trust we'd be allowed to break from game mechanics for magic and such? Considering the stuff that goes on I don't think an illusion spell would be so far-fetched.
Oh, and maybe I should break away from KH's "name all the main wielders elemental things" because it would just make be start wracking my mind for electricity jokes.

Beans
2013-05-15, 10:34 PM
You don't have to name them after stuff, though my Keyblade wielder's name is Caelum and that's sky/heaven in Latin.
Whether she's a rookie or experienced will mostly depend on the other Wielders.

As for breaking from game concepts for magic, I'd say "yes, on a case-by-case basis"; illusion magic sounds fine to me.

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-15, 10:37 PM
Yeah, sure, I'd be down for something. Given the crossover nature of Kingdom Hearts, though, are we going to be acknowledging other IPs? I always wondered what would happen if the KH myth crossed over into non Disney properties.

As for my character, I'd probably want to avoid being a keyblade wielder since that's going to be a little too popular.

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-15, 10:38 PM
Posting for interest, as stated ever. Working on a concept.

Definitely either a Keyblade Wielder or aligned on that side.

I kind of want to do something with cards. Not exactly like the stuff used in Chain of Memories, but something similar. Not just summoning up weapons and spells and summons, but also using the cards themselves Gambit-style.

EDIT: Suggestion for the worlds like Disney and such: Have it so that multiple versions of the same world exist on a parallel. That way going through one world's main storyline doesn't leave it defunct. In fact, villainous characters who'd want to take over/corrupt the world would have multiple chances to screw things over, and they might even succeed part of the time. :smallamused:

Beans
2013-05-15, 10:43 PM
Posting for interest, as stated ever. Working on a concept.

Definitely either a Keyblade Wielder or aligned on that side.

I kind of want to do something with cards. Not exactly like the stuff used in Chain of Memories, but something similar. Not just summoning up weapons and spells and summons, but also using the cards themselves Gambit-style.

EDIT: Suggestion for the worlds like Disney and such: Have it so that multiple versions of the same world exist on a parallel. That way going through one world's main storyline doesn't leave it defunct. In fact, villainous characters who'd want to take over/corrupt the world would have multiple chances to screw things over, and they might even succeed part of the time. :smallamused:
Card thing: Interesting idea!
Multiple world thing: Also interesting, I'll see about working that in.

Yeah, sure, I'd be down for something. Given the crossover nature of Kingdom Hearts, though, are we going to be acknowledging other IPs? I always wondered what would happen if the KH myth crossed over into non Disney properties.

As for my character, I'd probably want to avoid being a keyblade wielder since that's going to be a little too popular.
Non-Disney: My official answer is "uh... ssssssssome maybe depends". For example, someone who I talked to earlier intends to have their character relate to the ATLA universe.

And there's definitely more room for Nobodies, Heartless, or even just independent operators.

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-15, 10:46 PM

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. It's worth noting that the crossovers shouldn't really represent the other property, more allude to it in order for it to be able to conform to the greater plot. The games always took a cavalier attitude to the Disney and Square Enix plots. For god's sake's Zack Fair was chummy with Phil and Hercules.

Non-Disney: My official answer is "uh... ssssssssome maybe depends". For example, someone who I talked to earlier intends to have their character relate to the ATLA universe.

And there's definitely more room for Nobodies, Heartless, or even just independent operators.

I bring it up because I would like to have my character related to (but not explicitly from) LOST. Mostly because KH/LOST crossover would be insanely easy to do. The primary antagonist is a cloud of darkness, the heart of the island is a brilliant light. Come on, this writes itself.

ThePhantom
2013-05-15, 10:50 PM
Interesting, very interesting. Not sure what kind of character to use here, still need to think about it.

Beans
2013-05-15, 10:55 PM
@Crunk: I don't think he was making that edit in relation to your comment about the worlds.
I think.
Anyway... yeah, LOST works for that. Go right on ahead.

Speaking of worlds and plots and stuff, I don't quite think I'm intending to have characters go into a World and vaguely rehash the plot of the original work, because it's been done---and in some cases, done two or three times, sometimes resorting to rehashing the plots of the direct-to-video sequels.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-15, 10:56 PM

Which one's ATLA again?

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-15, 11:02 PM
Speaking of worlds and plots and stuff, I don't quite think I'm intending to have characters go into a World and vaguely rehash the plot of the original work, because it's been done---and in some cases, done two or three times, sometimes resorting to rehashing the plots of the direct-to-video sequels.

I agree. I don't think the settings should be off the table but I would prefer it if the plots of these properties were, as I said, changed to accommodate the bigger picture. If we ever do visit LOST's Island I would have no qualms radically altering the plot to make it more Kingdom Hearts friendly.

Of curse we'd all have to collaborate on exactly what settings are in play (can't have too many at once) and what exactly will happen to them.

With all this in mind perhaps it would behoove you to include an "Origin World" section on the profile. If it's an original character you'll just write in Radiant Garden/Traverse Town/whatever hub world we use

Beans
2013-05-15, 11:04 PM
ATLA is Avatar The Last Airbender.
---
As for the LOST island, I have actually never ever seen a single episode of LOST so I'm pretty much entirely clueless about it. Might work it in, but also might not... and yes, figuring out a group of worlds to use and stick with is probably best.

I'm also setting up a thing that groups characters/potential characters so we can see how many of each we have.

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-15, 11:09 PM
As for the LOST island, I have actually never ever seen a single episode of LOST so I'm pretty much entirely clueless about it. Might work it in, but also might not... and yes, figuring out a group of worlds to use and stick with is probably best.

That might be a problem. I'm not sure we'd visit The Island right off the bat anyway, so we'll just cross that bridge when we come to it. Whatever the first batch of worlds are it won't include The Island. In the meantime I'm sure the enthusiasts can fill in whatever relevant blanks the less informed people have (provided they're not proactive enough to look up the Wiki) which, considering the concessions we'll be making to the setting shouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-15, 11:26 PM
Work in progress sheet yay!
Name: Levin (placeholder name)
Type: Normal

Magic/Element: Primarily on support magic, such as Haste. His primary offensive magic is Thunder-based.
He can create minor illusions, which he often uses to avoid fights. I can see this eventually becoming a combat-worthy double-image sort of power

Appearance: He's slim but still somewhat muscular with brown hair, fair skin, and blue eyes. He's most often seen in blue jeans and a t-shirt, with a light brown coat when the weather's mild. He also wears a steel watch, regardless of its practicality.

Equipment: (Keyblade) QuickSilver- a slender Keyblade with good reach. As its name suggests, it is silvery in color. Its handle and guard seem to flow, while a single pointed triangle acts as its teeth.

Abilities: He focuses on finesse and speed over power, holding his Blade like a fencer with a rapier. His fighting style consists more of dodging than blocking, and while he doesn't usually go on a full offensive he's more than capable of doing so. Eventually he'll be able to reach staggering speed in his slashes and stabs even without the support magic he excels in. He also has some skill in generating illusions, which he uses usually to distract or fool enemies into passing him or his friends.

Personality: He does not relish fighting. Although he doesn't have too much of an ego he does like playing the hero if only to be satisfied in doing his job successfully. He does have a habit of being a bit flashy. Still, he's overall a kind person, and would complete his mission without harming anyone if he could. He doesn't particularly mind taking out mindless Heartless, but he's troubled at the thought of destroying something with a human mind.
He usually comes across as being light-hearted and witty. Despite being very serious about his job and his responsibilities he's usually quite calm, because showing panic is never a good thing.

Backstory: Levin's had his Key for a reasonably short time, but he's not new to swordfighting. Before a Heartless almost killed him, fencing had been one of his prime hobbies, along with playing guitar. He'd always been smart, and when he was saved by a Keyblade Wielder it wasn't hard to convince his folks that he had been offered a spot at a foreign school and leave. He hopes that without him they'll be safe from the creatures.

PS- I totally support ATLA, then. We should probably put up Disney based world ideas sometime. I have a few ideas, but I'll hold off for now.

ThirdEmperor
2013-05-15, 11:28 PM
.... My character may go on a homicidal rampage across The Island if he ever learns of it's existence in the Verse. Just saying.

Anyway, as for the multiple worlds idea... I find that a little meh. I mean, yeah, it'd be nice to have alternate timelines so that one character's plot on a world doesn't ruin it for others, but that'd also prevent the villains from having a fair shot at success- If they wreck a world, welp, everyone else will just have to adventure in version 2.0 now. And that applies to other plots as well, it'd mean that there'd basically be no way to apply sweeping change.

So, if my vote counts for anything, I'm against that idea. I'd much prefer there to be one version of each world and that whatever happens stays happened. That also solves the issue of getting stuck rehashing old plots- After two or three PCs have wandered through, I wouldn't be surprised if said plots were altered to the point of being unrecognizable.

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-15, 11:33 PM
.... My character may go on a homicidal rampage across The Island if he ever learns of it's existence in the Verse. Just saying.

Care to expand on that?

Anyway, as for the multiple worlds idea... I find that a little meh. I mean, yeah, it'd be nice to have alternate timelines so that one character's plot on a world doesn't ruin it for others, but that'd also prevent the villains from having a fair shot at success- If they wreck a world, welp, everyone else will just have to adventure in version 2.0 now. And that applies to other plots as well, it'd mean that there'd basically be no way to apply sweeping change.

So, if my vote counts for anything, I'm against that idea. I'd much prefer there to be one version of each world and that whatever happens stays happened. That also solves the issue of getting stuck rehashing old plots- After two or three PCs have wandered through, I wouldn't be surprised if said plots were altered to the point of being unrecognizable.

Yeah, my vote goes there, too

Beans
2013-05-15, 11:37 PM
That's why I intend to basically avoid the plot of the original works altogether, instead using them as interesting settings with interesting people for the greater plot of the RP to play out in. Honestly, who wants to see the same plot play out that we already know when we could instead see how the native villains and heroes deal with the fact that their world is caught in a war between two different breeds of monsters? Who will take which side, if they take a side at all, and what will the RP's characters have to do there?

ThirdEmperor
2013-05-15, 11:43 PM
Care to expand on that?

He wasn't too happy with the explanations for certain mysteries, so he'd gladly take the chance to cut the series short. :smalltongue:

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-15, 11:56 PM
Massive work in progress, yo.

Name: "Unnamed Flight 815 Passenger"
Alias: 815
Type: Normal (Human)

Magic/Element: Scrying, Divination, Telekinesis

Appearance: A tall, well built Caucasian with a light tan. Clad in shorts, sneakers, a colorful Hawaiian shirt and dark sunglasses. Is obviously in prime physical condition, most notably in his well toned upper arms. Has well groomed, short dark hair.

Equipment: Longsword

Abilities: 815 emphasizes brute strength above all else. His physical blows are capable of dealing massive damage albeit at the expense of his dexterity, mobility and defense. He is more optimized in a party that contains a healer. His secondary traits are his second sight abilities, which are usually activated at random. In addition this being used to see events of the PAST and FUTURE he has the ability to see into a parallel sideways PRESENT where the outcomes are vastly different.

Personality: To be filled once I've played my character enough to grasp his personality. Right now I can safely say he feels like a Neutral Evil

World of Origin: The Island (LOST)

Backstory: To be filled once I grasp how The Island pertains to the greater Kingdom Hearts story

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-15, 11:57 PM
/shrugs. I could have provided further details that would've made the alternate realities idea both work from a plot perspective and still have real consequence, but if I'm alone in that opinion, that's fine. It was only a suggestion to prevent the mass genocide of certain worlds due to understaffing on their protectors' side. :smallsmile:

As for actual Disney worlds, my character concept just screams Wonderland, but I'll probably be up for most worlds. Or just stick around in the generic starting town for awhile.

Beans
2013-05-16, 12:02 AM
You can still have your character's world of origin be Wonderland; it's just that they'd have been brought to Twilight Town or whatever at the beginning, most likely.

@Crunk: Interesting character, but I'd be careful about the whole Neutral Evil thing.

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-16, 12:03 AM
You can still have your character's world of origin be Wonderland; it's just that they'd have been brought to Twilight Town or whatever at the beginning, most likely.

@Crunk: Interesting character, but I'd be careful about the whole Neutral Evil thing.

Oh I wouldn't be from Wonderland, it'd just be an interesting place for my character to go.

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-16, 12:05 AM
He wasn't too happy with the explanations for certain mysteries, so he'd gladly take the chance to cut the series short. :smalltongue:

Oh, a joke. I thought you were speculating how to get involved in that world and I got all excited that my contribution was being noted. Now I sad.

That's why I intend to basically avoid the plot of the original works altogether, instead using them as interesting settings with interesting people for the greater plot of the RP to play out in. Honestly, who wants to see the same plot play out that we already know when we could instead see how the native villains and heroes deal with the fact that their world is caught in a war between two different breeds of monsters? Who will take which side, if they take a side at all, and what will the RP's characters have to do there?

So it's settled, we're pretty much in agreement. The plot of each world, at least the plot that occurs after the PCs have arrived, is secondary to the overall story and should conform to it. In addition to avoiding rehashing old plotlines and avoiding alienating non fans it'll probably make the story flow more smoothly. If the heartless/anthropomorphised Castle Disney characters are already established in more real world setting (like The Island, natch) it'll prevent having to exposit that to the native characters.

ThirdEmperor
2013-05-16, 12:41 AM
Name: Xerxes
(Apparent) Age: 23
Type: Nobody

Magic/Element: Ink

Appearance: Most of the time, he looks like a tall figure in a white robe.

Well, if you want more than that... He has black hair that hangs down in spikes, framing sharp face with a sharp chin and a sharp nose, on the latter of which balance wire-frame spectacles. His skin is deathly pale, in stark contrast to the tattoos that run all across it. The ink never stays the same for long, always shifting, always finding new patterns, but they always seem to relate to what's going on at the moment. Even things he couldn't possibly know about.

Possessions: One (1) Paradox Cloak, one (1) totally kickass Ink Cannon, one (1) garden-variety shortsword and plenty (Too Much) of manga, anime and figurines. Explosive toys as befitting the situation.

Abilities: Xerxes is the paragon of Ink, bringing out the potential for life within it. He can animate, shape and control Ink, creating weapons for himself or living puppets to do his bidding, although time or lack of focus will quickly return them to being nothing more drawings. It's a very powerful talent, but also a tricky one to learn and master. At the time the plot starts, he shouldn't be capable of anything more than the crudest animations.

Of course, he's not helpless by a long shot. What kind of villain only knows one trick? A dead villain. So in the interests of surviving long enough to find his lost Heart, Xerxes has recently begun studying swordplay to complement his magic. He's also capable of bringing to bear smoke grenades, normal grenades and any number of tricksy toys.

Personality: Xerxes doesn't have a personality. He's a nobody in all meanings. A Nobody nobody. Nobody-nobody-noo. Nobody's a word that sounds funny if you say it enough. But you have to have something, even when you're a dead husk of a person. What he has are convictions.

Xerxes believes, whole heartedly (ah-hah, ah-hah), that everything will be better when he has a new Heart. He believes that there's nothing morally wrong with killing people or ruining worlds too that end, because the universe owes him that much.

And then of course there's his Collection. What little Xerxes remembers of his past is all about the Collection. Cartoons and anime and cards, little figurines in every scale, hours spent carefully choosing the best way to display each one. It's all the humanity he has left and to him, it's sacred.

It's even taught him the Rules. That's another of his little convictions. There's Rules for everything. Even being a villain. You've got to have wit, style, you've got to make the proper introductions and set your schemes in motion in the right ways. You have to give the Heroes a fighting chance. Otherwise it wouldn't be right, and if something's worth doing it's worth doing right.

World of Origin: ???

Backstory: Xerxes was a nobody. After a Shadow stole his Heart, he really became a Nobody. The Pale found him and he joined on and that's that. It's really boring. B-o-o-oring. That's almost an onomatopoeia.

Beans
2013-05-16, 12:47 AM
Cool, though the weapons section's a bit of a problem---Ink Cannon AND sword AND 'nades is a bit much. Perhaps the Ink Cannon could have a bayonet, and firing globules of ink that explode could totally be a thing.

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-16, 12:51 AM

He'll be on team Keyblade but he'll be openly dissatisfied with it, occasionally contemplate selling them out and sigh exasperatedly at their power of friendship stuff. At least initially, the plan is to slide him into Neutral Good at the end of his character arc. Maybe get him a Keyblade for his troubles (but probably not)

EDIT: Also this is a nitpick but why is 815 listed as blank on the 1st page? His name is 815.

ThirdEmperor
2013-05-16, 12:56 AM
Cool, though the weapons section's a bit of a problem---Ink Cannon AND sword AND 'nades is a bit much. Perhaps the Ink Cannon could have a bayonet, and firing globules of ink that explode could totally be a thing.

I thought a little over that part myself. I figured it'd be alright 'cause he's gonna be really bad with his Ink magic at the start, so he'd fill in with swords and explosives until he learned to use the Cannon properly?

I could definitely see making it a gunblade-type thing tho'.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-16, 12:57 AM
By the way, can we assume that even Rookies start out with some basic munny and maybe a potion or similar minor but helpful item? I mean, I'd find it hard to believe that they would have absolutely nothing but their weapon and clothes.
Also, I didn't mention it, but I do plan on getting Keyblade armor, because that was pretty much my favorite part of BBS. Not sure about a glider though. It just seems thematically appropriate to have both. And a Finesse guy makes sense to have his own flight capabilities. Just to ask though, for those forgoing the armor what else would occupy those slots?

Beans
2013-05-16, 01:16 AM
I thought a little over that part myself. I figured it'd be alright 'cause he's gonna be really bad with his Ink magic at the start, so he'd fill in with swords and explosives until he learned to use the Cannon properly?

I could definitely see making it a gunblade-type thing tho'.
I meant more along the lines of a gun with a detachable bayonet, the kind that's basically a long knife you can wield seperately if you want. As for the ink magic, him not being good with ink constructs at first makes sense, but it probably wouldn't be that hard to just shoot ink in someone's eyes to blind them or at their feet to make them slip.

Oh, also, The Pale's base is a building called the Tower of Doubt, and each floor is owned by a member and becomes more and more distinctive as Their Room rather than just any old place as time goes by. Just a thing.
---
@LDK: Yeah, rookies will start with some basic stuff. Keychain slots not filled with Armor or Gliders... um, Keychains go there. Perhaps after a significant battle a character gains a Keychain that gives their Keyblade different and/or better attributes.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-16, 01:22 AM
---
@LDK: Yeah, rookies will start with some basic stuff. Keychain slots not filled with Armor or Gliders... um, Keychains go there. Perhaps after a significant battle a character gains a Keychain that gives their Keyblade different and/or better attributes.

Maybe the whole ship/glider thing should just be a style thing instead of trying to make a mechanical system out of it. I mean, the armor is armor, sure, but the glider seems slightly more convenient to access but less powerful than a ship, which wouldn't be costing their Blade anything, so it seems almost like a sacrifice for flavor.

Beans
2013-05-16, 01:27 AM
A Glider could also be used for travel within a world as well as between worlds, while a ship's only for travel between worlds.

AnimeKid
2013-05-16, 07:31 AM
Name: Antonio Gatsby
Age; 16
Type: Normal

Magic/Element: Antonio is talented with attack/elemental magic, specifically of the Ice kind. However his specialty is using support magic in unusual ways. Like using the Magnet spell so that it targets himself and can send him hurtling across the battlefield, or making himself the center of it and reversing the polarity for a pushback effect/shield. (Note: This is for the future. As of now Antonio actually does not know any support spells.)

Appearance: Antonio is a tall (6'1) well built boy with platinum colored hair and a dark complexion. He wears black pants with a red shirt and a red vest over it.

Equipment: (Keyblade) Stone Breaker- Antonio's keyblade is a has a dull gray color and has amazing reach and weight, similar to the Metal Chocobo and Earthshaker. Aside from that the guard is slightly wide with a dark brown coloring and several nonsense engravings. The neck is solid and thick with the only holes being two near the bottom. The teeth are formed in the shape of dumbbells curved inward like an arch. At the moment requires two hands to wield, like a greatsword.

Abilities- Antonio is pseudo skilled in swordplay thanks to years of struggle battles with friends. He is a power fighter all the way but manages to come up with ways to cover his shortcomings, just not all of them work out so well. Antonio loves battle and sees it as a hobby or a good recreation activity which is why he takes to it like a fish to water.

His is somewhat skilled in magic, though he
hasn't studied it nearly as long as some of his friends. As such he tends to use it in sticky situations until he has more experience. His main way of fighting is pummeling enemies up close with some ice barrages thrown in or to trip up speedsters (aka his worst nightmare). He has good observational skills and can usually pick up cues.

Personality: Antonio is often considered a space case. He can often be seen staring off into space, thinking about one thing or another. Often he is thinking about how to become better in battle as it is his passion. He is friendly and helpful, which you wouldn't expect from his frankly, intimidating look and how much he likes to fight. He also cares for others and has a sense of compassion that really doesn't suit his look.

Backstory: Antonio grew up in Twilight Town. He father was a former Struggle champion and he was eager to follow in his footsteps. When the Jr Struggle tournament came up he didn't win, but he did manage to place 4th. In the tournament he came across his exhilaration when he fought against an opponent. Trying to overpower them, out smart them. It was heaven for his little child heart. He loved the competition.

Since then he continued training for and participating in Struggle tournaments. While happy he found something he loved, his parents were strict about him keeping his grades up or else he couldn't participate in tournaments. So he struggled to balance his education and Struggle eventually finding a balance after a few close shaves with failure, and managed to maintain a solid C+ to B average. Thanks to the attention he paid in battle and in class he gained some good observational skills and how to pick up cues. All of the lead up to the day he got his keyblade. When that happened it was the dawn of a new chapter in his life.

Name: Larfex
(Apparent)Age: 19-20

Magic/Element: Wind

Appearance: When he is not wearing a white cloak with silver strips in what seems to be a random pattern Flare has blood red hair and shocking blue eyes with slightly tan skin. He has more of a gymnasts body rather than a body builders and usually has a perpetual smirk on his face, as if he is clued into some kind of joke that everyone else isn't. He also wears a circulet on his head.

Equipment: one Paradox cloak, one circulet. His weapon is Tirabelle, a ring blade.
http://images.wikia.com/soulcalibur/images/c/c5/Eiserne_Drossel.jpg

Abilities: Larfex is a very acrobatic fighter. With jumps, leaps, twists, turns, and maneuverability he regularly flits about the battle field with unpredictable attacks. His ring blade Tirabelle is his favorite way of fighting. He spins her round round, her enemies often mesmerized by the graceful movements.

Larfex's control over wind is still in it's beginning stages. He can't use the winds to hold Tirabelle up to control her or use her like a projectile. However he can use the wind to enhance her cutting power and blow one person over. More than that and he has to spread the wind out to much.

Nobody Troops: Larfex controls the Juggler/Performer Nobodies. Slender tall and witha smile panted on thier faces the Juggler Nobodies don't have a defined weapon set. Rather all of them typically juggle different items from knives, to mini ring blades, to bombs.

Juggler/Performers are just as unpredictable as Larfex. Unlike other Nobodies they have access to "Hammer Space" and pull out some times outrageous items to use on their opponents. The thing is they don't know what they are going to get when they do this and it can sometimes backfire on them. (Basically I roll or someone else rolls a die. The higher it is the more useful and helpful it is to the nobodies, the lower the more harmful and useless it its.)

Personality: Larfex remembers what is was like to have a heart. Those were fun times. As such he tries to emulate the kind of person he was as best he can. Larfex was/is a fun loving jolly sort of fellow. Always cracking a joke or two and having a laugh. Sometimes at the expense of other, sometimes not. Larfex is usually the one to brighten up the room if the inhabitants are getting a bit too sully.

He has a habit of making jokes, however underneath that is a person who basically does what he wants. And what he wants is his heart back. Acting like your having fun is nothing compared to actually having fun. He feels like some of the sourpuss's that he usually makes fun of. Such a diametric shift has him desperate to regain what he lost.

World of Origin: The Bayou (Princess and the Frog)

Backstory: Larfex was once a young man named Flare. He was a street performer who brought joy to the people around him. He had a job of course, after all a guys gotta eat. However he could always count his day a good one when the people saw his performances and left with smiles on their faces. Plus it was fun. And that was the most important thing. However while on a trip he had been set upon by shadow heartless. Unfortunately having no way to combat them or escape he fell prey to them. Thankfully his fun loving heart allowed him to become a nobody. Because now he has a chance to get it all back.

Okay finally got these guys up. So tell me what you think everyone love em? Hate em? If so what should I change.

Beans
2013-05-16, 08:14 AM
Works for me.

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-16, 08:34 AM
Works for me.

Just a suggestion, but we should probably get to work on organizing our parties and setting up a Hub/Town thread. Getting our ducks in a row there will give us time to come to an agreement on what three/four worlds we wanna play around in first.

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-16, 08:46 AM
Name: Garrett
Type: Human

Appearance: Garrett stands at about 6'4'' with a lean yet still muscled build. His dark brownish-red hair is slicked back and his green eyes are nearly always covered with stylish shades. His most prominent clothing feature is his long brown trenchcoat with colorful, almost neon accents and cuffs, which he wears over a dark blue dress shirt and slacks. He wears black fingerless gloves and his hands seem to be constantly moving,

Weapon: Solitaire - Solitaire is technically a keyblade... or is it? It, and any of Garrett's future weapons, takes the form of "Cards of Light," a seemingly infinite deck of cards that have the same properties as a Keyblade when thrown. Most of the cards are blank, but several have pictures on them: items and magical spells for the most part. He has no "summons" or "partners" yet, but as he forms bonds throughout the KH universe he can instill the essence of his greatest friends and foes in the cards to use a portion of their abilities in combat. If he really wants to get into melee combat, the cards can shift to form an actual Keyblade form, but for Garrett the card form is far more preferable. Cards that actually contain something aren't used up once used, but even though Garrett's deck is seemingly infinite, he can't produce more than one of the same card at a time (unless he actually collects duplicates in the cards).

Abilities: While he doesn't specialize in most aspects of combat, he's at least skilled enough in magic and melee to be able to train rookies and spar, though it's his talent for sleight of hand combined with his choice of weapon that makes him a truly dangerous foe, able to produce and throw cards with startling speed, accuracy, and efficiency. He's also a skilled pickpocket as well as an avid card shark, and is particularly skilled at games of chance, as when played correctly, there truly is no such thing.

Backstory: Garrett doesn't speak much of his homeworld which was already tainted in darkness even before the Heartless showed up. His world fell quickly but he managed to survive, perhaps just due to fate. He was quickly educated in the nature of other worlds and the threats facing it and now Garrett works to protect those worlds, although he does so more out of a sense of adventure and excitement than a sense of duty.

Misc: Garrett has managed to forage enough munny and gummi parts to build himself a small two-person ship, little on firepower but high on manuverability, and uses it to travel between worlds.

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-16, 08:47 AM
Just a suggestion, but we should probably get to work on organizing our parties and setting up a Hub/Town thread. Getting our ducks in a row there will give us time to come to an agreement on what three/four worlds we wanna play around in first.

Agreed.

Do we want to use one of the existing hubs? (Twilight Town, Traverse Town, Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden) Or come up with a new one? If so, should we build characters just to populate it like the Leon/Yuffie/Aerith/Cid of Traverse Town, or relegate those to NPC's?

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-16, 08:59 AM
I vote we create a new world for that to distance ourselves from the Xehanort saga and because, well, we'll be kicking back in pre-established worlds soon enough, let's put our feet up for the time being.

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-16, 09:03 AM
I vote we create a new world for that to distance ourselves from the Xehanort saga and because, well, we'll be kicking back in pre-established worlds soon enough, let's put our feet up for the time being.

Okay, so new world.

Perhaps X amount of Square/Disney/etc inhabitants to run the place? Should they be run by individual players? I know Beans said a limit on PC's in the OP.

If we have the etcetera available, we totally need the Doctor with a broken TARDIS in charge of the main town hub. :smallbiggrin:

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-16, 09:05 AM
Okay, so new world.

Perhaps X amount of Square/Disney/etc inhabitants to run the place? Should they be run by individual players? I know Beans said a limit on PC's in the OP.

If we have the etcetera available, we totally need the Doctor with a broken TARDIS in charge of the main town hub. :smallbiggrin:

Better idea, he can be the vendor in every world, in a different regeneration. What he'd want with munny is anybody's guess, though.

EDIT: The problem with having Disney characters in the hub world is that the Xehanort saga has pretty much got them all accounted for. I mean, unless you want to dip into the obscurities like The Rescuers, The Three Caballeros or Song of the South.

AnimeKid
2013-05-16, 09:29 AM
Nothing says we can't use the old Kingdom Hearts NPC's after all they don't really impact the story. Plus don't forget that Final Fantasy was also heavily involved in Kingdom Hearts.

So just because the heroes and villains from the Xehenort Saga don't exist doesn't mean that we can't have a Leon or Tifa.

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-16, 09:32 AM
If we do have Leon can we call him Squall? Please? That always bugged me.

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-16, 09:33 AM
Better idea, he can be the vendor in every world, in a different regeneration. What he'd want with munny is anybody's guess, though.

EDIT: The problem with having Disney characters in the hub world is that the Xehanort saga has pretty much got them all accounted for. I mean, unless you want to dip into the obscurities like The Rescuers, The Three Caballeros or Song of the South.

Darkwing Duck & Gargoyles. :smallamused:

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-16, 09:34 AM
If we do have Leon can we call him Squall? Please? That always bugged me.

Easy fix. We just have Leon from the original Final Fantasy 2 as a character. Then Squall has to be called Squall. :smalltongue:

Also, Balamb Garden would make a great world at some point.

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-16, 09:35 AM
Holy crap, now I want to visit Duckberg/St Canard.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-05-16, 09:57 AM
Darkwing Duck & Gargoyles. :smallamused:

Also Atlantis. And Talespin. And Pocahontas. And all of the Pixar movies.

Anyways, my character is the Avatar based on. A Nobody named Zaluxa. I'll give cookie to whomever can guess whose Nobody she is. Beans, I already told you, so you can't guess.

Also have a Keyblade Wielder concept rolling around in my head. I'll be getting both of them up later tonight.

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-16, 10:09 AM
Before I hit the hay I'm going to put out some ideas for potential worlds. If you guys have suggestions in the meantime I'll add it to this list when I wake up.

Hill Valley (Back to the Future)
Pepperland (Yellow Submarine)
Duckberg/St Canard (DuckTales/Darkwing Duck)
The Island (LOST)
Enterprise-D (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
Sunnydale (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Middle Earth (The Hobbit/The Lord of the Rings)
Balamb Garden (Final Fantasy VIII)
The Bayou (The Princess and the Frog)
Metropolis (DC Comics)
New York City (Various)
Oz (The Wizard of Oz)
Morrowind (The Elder Scrolls III)
Tokyo-3 (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
Chinatown (Big Trouble In Little China)
Black Mesa (Half-Life)
Sherwood Forest (Robin Hood)
The Moors (Wuthering Heights)
Casablanca (Casablanca)

As many suggestions as possible, I'd like to hear 'em. More literature suggestions would be great.

AnimeKid
2013-05-16, 10:10 AM
To easy, with those letters, the series, and the fact that it's is a nobody it can only be one person. The Queen of Crazy herself Azula!

Deathkeeper
2013-05-16, 10:19 AM
To easy, with those letters, the series, and the fact that it's is a nobody it can only be one person. The Queen of Crazy herself Azula!

I got that one before I was even sure whose character was TLA based.
Oh and it might be a good idea to not have more than one NYC world. And if we do have to pick one, I'm voting Gargoyles.

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-16, 10:24 AM
I got that one before I was even sure whose character was TLA based.
Oh and it might be a good idea to not have more than one NYC world. And if we do have to pick one, I'm voting Gargoyles.

Well, given Zuul and Vinz Klortho's origins it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to have Gargoyles and Ghostbusters in the same city.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-16, 10:28 AM
Eh. I think the NPC cast would get pretty bloated at that rate, but it could work.

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-16, 10:32 AM
Eh. I think the NPC cast would get pretty bloated at that rate, but it could work.

That's assuming all the PCs are doing the same thing. Party A hangs out with the Ghostbusters, Party B with Gargoyles. Easy peasy.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-05-16, 10:40 AM

Cookie for you!

So, needless to say, her element would be fire. Blue fire, specifically.

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-16, 10:40 AM
We'd then have to figure out who's playing who, since I'd rather not end up playing the same world my character's interacting with and basically turning my posts into fanfiction.

Beans
2013-05-16, 10:43 AM
I don't think having Gargoyles and Ghostbusters is going to work that well. Let's stick with one or the other.

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-16, 11:32 AM
I don't think having Gargoyles and Ghostbusters is going to work that well. Let's stick with one or the other.

I think he meant different parties in different worlds.

Some other suggestions:

Soul Society (Bleach)
Gotham City (Batman)
Midgar (Final Fantasy 7)
Death Weapon Meister Academy (Soul Eater)
Serenity (Firefly)
Skyrim
Metaverse (Snow Crash)
Cybertron (Transformers)
Mainframe (Reboot)
Pandora (Borderlands)
Kuzcotopia (Emperor's New Groove)
Hogwarts (Harry Potter)
Hollywood (Various, but I'm thinking Cats Don't Dance specifically)
Ponyville (MLP; FiM) (You know it HAS to happen eventually)
The multiple eras in Chrono Trigger could even qualify as separate worlds.
Probably not a specific world, but elements of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I also suggest certain settings be combined when appropriate.

For example, most early 20th/late 19th century London settings could probably be combined into one London. So the London portion of Peter Pan combined with Sherlock Holmes/Great Mouse Detective/Mary Poppins/etc. Or Neverland combined with Pirates of the Carribean. Or Jungle Book, Tarzan, and Lion King. That sort of thing.

I'd also suggest NOT to go to New York City. Too many different settings that would collide there, starting with the majority of Marvel.

We could also have certain characters show up in other worlds instead of being forced to start in their own. Like Red XIII (FF7) or Gau (FF6) could be found in the above-mentioned jungle world.

Beans
2013-05-16, 11:48 AM
Before I hit the hay I'm going to put out some ideas for potential worlds. If you guys have suggestions in the meantime I'll add it to this list when I wake up.

Hill Valley (Back to the Future)
Pepperland (Yellow Submarine)
Duckberg/St Canard (DuckTales/Darkwing Duck)
The Island (LOST)
Enterprise-D (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
Sunnydale (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Middle Earth (The Hobbit/The Lord of the Rings)
Balamb Garden (Final Fantasy VIII)
The Bayou (The Princess and the Frog)
Metropolis (DC Comics)
New York City (Various)
Oz (The Wizard of Oz)
Morrowind (The Elder Scrolls III)
Tokyo-3 (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
Chinatown (Big Trouble In Little China)
Black Mesa (Half-Life)
Sherwood Forest (Robin Hood)
The Moors (Wuthering Heights)
Casablanca (Casablanca)

As many suggestions as possible, I'd like to hear 'em. More literature suggestions would be great.

I think he meant different parties in different worlds.

Some other suggestions:

Soul Society (Bleach)
Gotham City (Batman)
Midgar (Final Fantasy 7)
Death Weapon Meister Academy (Soul Eater)
Serenity (Firefly)
Skyrim
Metaverse (Snow Crash)
Cybertron (Transformers)
Mainframe (Reboot)
Pandora (Borderlands)
Kuzcotopia (Emperor's New Groove)
Hogwarts (Harry Potter)
Hollywood (Various, but I'm thinking Cats Don't Dance specifically)
Ponyville (MLP; FiM) (You know it HAS to happen eventually)
The multiple eras in Chrono Trigger could even qualify as separate worlds.
Probably not a specific world, but elements of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I also suggest certain settings be combined when appropriate.

For example, most early 20th/late 19th century London settings could probably be combined into one London. So the London portion of Peter Pan combined with Sherlock Holmes/Great Mouse Detective/Mary Poppins/etc. Or Neverland combined with Pirates of the Carribean. Or Jungle Book, Tarzan, and Lion King. That sort of thing.

I'd also suggest NOT to go to New York City. Too many different settings that would collide there, starting with the majority of Marvel.

We could also have certain characters show up in other worlds instead of being forced to start in their own. Like Red XIII (FF7) or Gau (FF6) could be found in the above-mentioned jungle world.
Okay, here I've bolded the ones I think could work and crossed out the ones I'm putting a solid NOPE on---especially Ponyville. I love MLP:FIM, but I'm not involving it in this.

Like I said before, I'd really like to keep a handle on how many worlds we involve in this. As for the idea of combining similar worlds, I honestly don't think that's that good of an idea.

And I do agree that having people show up in other worlds can be a thing to some degree.

I think we'd be okay keeping Twilight Town, actually, but I'm open to suggestions.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-16, 11:54 AM
I, personally, would prefer to keep it as close to its "Disney with Square Enix" roots as possible. Not necessarily just those companies, but the atmosphere at least. I won't say we should COMPLETELY avoid other companies things, but I think that Borderlands, for example, just clashes so much with the themes of the series that I really don't think it would work at all. Same for Evangelion. ATLA works because it's a cartoon, which is adaptable enough, but I would honestly say that I don't think many live-action films or even some animes would translate well.
Oh and while I'm not a hater I would rather not RP at all than have my character get within a hundred miles of a pony world. Just saying.

And no Bob, he meant have multiple parties in the same world interacting with different characters.

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-16, 12:00 PM
Well, either way I definitely agree that at the beginning it should probably be the main hub, whatever it is we decide, and then after a bit of story we branch off into one, or two available worlds. Three max. And that should hopefully keep us busy IC for a long time.

Also, I respect the veto on the Ponies (even though let's face it they'd fit eerily perfectly in KH :smalltongue:) but I just want to mention that individual characters probably don't have to visit every world they come across. I know there are plenty of entries on both lists that I'd stay the hell away from no matter how many heartless are there.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-16, 12:19 PM
Oh, by the way, have a flavor question for you all: can KB wielders cast magic without their weapons drawn? In-game says no, cutscenes say maybe. Of course, the maybe is from the fact that most of the scenes in question involve big X who as we all know is a cheating dastard.

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-16, 12:28 PM
Oh, by the way, have a flavor question for you all: can KB wielders cast magic without their weapons drawn? In-game says no, cutscenes say maybe. Of course, the maybe is from the fact that most of the scenes in question involve big X who as we all know is a cheating dastard.

Sora casts magic in the first game with NO keyblade, so I'd say yes.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-16, 12:32 PM
Sora casts magic in the first game with NO keyblade, so I'd say yes.

Did he? Hm. Maybe it was only KHII and on that made you summon your weapon as part of the casting animation, then. I haven't played the original in ages.

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-16, 12:51 PM
Did he? Hm. Maybe it was only KHII and on that made you summon your weapon as part of the casting animation, then. I haven't played the original in ages.

Somewhat dated spoilers:

After your keyblade gets "delivered" to Riku, you're stuck fighting some of the tougher enemies in the game with the wooden sword that couldn't even kill Shadows. Fortunately, you still get all your magic, and you also got THE BEAST.

Possibly one of my favorite video game moments of all time.

ThirdEmperor
2013-05-16, 12:53 PM
.... I'm pretty solidly against including worlds outside of Disney and maybe
a few other cartoons. I've got nothing against individual characters from other cannons showing up but I probably won't have my characters visit those worlds.

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-16, 01:05 PM
Trying a new list, one more consistent with traditional KH themes.

[Disney Worlds]
All the previous worlds obviously. (Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Alice in Wonderland, Hercules, Tarzan, Aladdin, Pinocchio, Little Mermaid, Nightmare Before Christmas, Peter Pan, Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, Pirates of the Carribean, Lion King, Tron, Winnie the Pooh, Lilo and Stitch, Hunchback of Notre Dame)

Potential New Worlds:
Fantasia, Dumbo, Sword in the Stone, Jungle Book, Robin Hood, The Black Cauldron, Emperor's New Groove, Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph, Brave, WALL-E, Incredibles, Toy Story, Monsters Inc, The Muppets, Ducktales/Darkwing Duck, Mary Poppins, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Epic Mickey, Rescue Rangers, Gummi Bears, Talespin, Gargoyles

Beans
2013-05-16, 01:06 PM
That sounds like a good list to choose from.

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-16, 01:30 PM
Regarding the starting town...

I'd rather we use something new and NOT Traverse Town or Twilight Town. Something similar maybe, but using something canon I think links us too much to the previous canon. Like how Traverse Town, Hollow Bastion, and Radiant Garden are all really the same place in different states. If we come up with a new town, we're free to customize it and make up our own lore about it as we go through the game.

Beans
2013-05-16, 01:35 PM
An old attempt at a KH fic I did had Port Tranquility, a waterfront town in essentially constant night. It had a bright "day" moon and a dim "night" moon. Perhaps that?

ThirdEmperor
2013-05-16, 01:47 PM
I like that idea. It has the same kind of theme as the other Towns, but it's own ambience. In general, I'm all for having a few original worlds floating around as well.

Speaking of worlds, maybe a Superhero one? And maybe Clone Wars?

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-16, 01:50 PM
An old attempt at a KH fic I did had Port Tranquility, a waterfront town in essentially constant night. It had a bright "day" moon and a dim "night" moon. Perhaps that?

As long as it has a clock tower. All hub towns must have clock towers. :smalltongue:

What sort of NPC characters if any would populate it?

Beans
2013-05-16, 01:59 PM
Port Tranquility would probably contain regular 'native' people, just average port-town citizens, but perhaps the the sea is connected to certain worlds, leading to some characters from other settings?

DoomITP
2013-05-16, 03:49 PM
I'm highly interested now that I've got the time to play. I'm thinking of playing a humanoid Heartless at the moment.

Beans
2013-05-16, 03:51 PM
We've been dying for one 'a thems! :3

AnimeKid
2013-05-16, 03:53 PM
Eh? I don't really have a strong opinion on the starting town one way or the other. Mostly because I'm not all that great at lore unless I have a brainstorming session with a couple of friends of mine. SO it would mostly you guys making up the lore. So it's still not any different for me.

Plus with the main heroes and Xehenort effectively not appearing in this game, except maybe Maleficent, the only real way the previous hub worlds link us to the old cannon is that they are worlds the hero's visited. That's it really.

DoomITP
2013-05-16, 04:01 PM

I'll be happy to provide one. As far as the town goes, I like the idea of the town being on the water. It's different than the almost exclusively urban feel of the hub towns of the games.

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-16, 04:05 PM
I'm thinking about writing up David Xanatos as a humanoid heartless. I've got plot forming in my head. I'm wondering if there would also be a nobody version of him running around. (Wouldn't even need to change the name since there's already an X).

Beans
2013-05-16, 04:07 PM
I think Xanatos could work as just a regular human doing his scheming thing and probably cutting deals with as many sides of the war as possible, honestly.

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-16, 04:09 PM
I think Xanatos could work as just a regular human doing his scheming thing and probably cutting deals with as many sides of the war as possible, honestly.

Clarification: Would the various villains of KH who've sided with the Heartless and can side with the Heartless count as "humanoid Heartless" or is that something else entirely?

Dorizzit
2013-05-16, 04:18 PM

I'm also working on one.

Bob: They are explicitly different from Heartless, as it is noted that they risk having their hearts devoured if they ever show weakness.

Beans
2013-05-16, 04:20 PM
Checking the wiki lists them all as 'normal' (in the sense that they are not Heartless or Nobodies), so I don't think they count as Heartless, just evil people working in conjunction with the Heartless to their own ends.

When I refer to humanoid Heartless, I'm talkin' 'bout actual manifestations of corrupted hearts.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-05-16, 04:33 PM
I'm for sticking with Disney-esque worlds.

Especially Toy Story.

Everybody turning into toys would be very amusing.

DoomITP
2013-05-16, 04:47 PM
Rough Draft of my Heartless.

Name: Zethus
Type: Humanoid Heartless

Magic/Element:

Appearance: Zethus's close cut, once blond hair shows streaks of gray running through it as a result of his using Corridors of Darkness. He has a lean frame that is representative of years of sports and physical training. His eyes are still gray for the most part though there are small dots of yellow that have begun to become more prominent. His own skin has darkened noticeably as he has continued to resist the call.

Equipment: Zethus has a spear that he commonly seen walking with. The staff is red with black patterns that go up to the spearhead. The spearhead itself is eight inches long. When Zethus begins to fight, black smoke rises from the blade. He also has a short sword that is hidden underneath his coat. The sword has the same smoking effect as the spear. All along the blade, inscriptions all say different things about his past life. It is suspected that they assist Zethus in resisting the call.

Abilities: Zethus can use corridors of darkness. He has the ability to levitate and fly while he wields his spear and sword, Zethus uses this to attack from different angles and have flexibility of movement when he fights. As a Heartless he is physically stronger and faster than the majority of humans. His true danger is in his unconventional thinking and his technical skill with his weapons. The smoking effect can burn through armor and can also be used to obscure the battlefield.

Personality: The remnants of a previously sweet and gentle personality manifest themselves in odd places in between bouts of depression and paranoia. Zethus has fought hard for a very long time in order to resist the call and the wear on his psyche shows.

World of Origin: Radiant Garden was Zethus's home before he became a Heartless.

Backstory: As a human he fought to defend his friends and family from the heartless when they first came to claim the world. After a long battle, the Heartless claimed him, though his heart was too strong for them to steal away his sanity.

Beans
2013-05-16, 04:50 PM
Zethus is coolio jones.
I think we'll be ready soon.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-16, 04:54 PM
I'm not quite sure how I want my backstory to go. I know how I want him to act and work, but I'm not quite sure how to make his story go. Any chance I could see Caelum's Beans? I think maybe seeing another's might help me sort my thoughts. Or I'll just figure it out on my own.

ThirdEmperor
2013-05-16, 05:01 PM
Well, if three different weapons is too much, I think I'll ditch the blade rather than the grenades.
I see Xerxes as a primarily ranged combatant and the sort to use gimmick weapons rather than reliable ones.

Beans
2013-05-16, 05:07 PM
I'm still working on Cael's, but the basis for her is "saved by Keyblade Master from Heartless attack years ago, joined up, has been training and fighting ever since", which is pretty much all in her profile (edited into the first post) already.

The aforementioned masters will themselves be exposited on in the RP.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-16, 05:11 PM
Whoops was going to check the first post but couldn't see well on my phone. Thanks, though.

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-16, 06:50 PM
Checking the wiki lists them all as 'normal' (in the sense that they are not Heartless or Nobodies), so I don't think they count as Heartless, just evil people working in conjunction with the Heartless to their own ends.

When I refer to humanoid Heartless, I'm talkin' 'bout actual manifestations of corrupted hearts.

Ah, okay. I meant for Xanatos to be one of the villains on the side of the Heartless who can summon them and stuff, yeah. Not an actual Heartless.

ThePhantom
2013-05-16, 09:18 PM
Finally got a character put togther.

Name: Saru
Type: Heartless

Magic/Element: Poison and Darkness
Appearance: Light- brown hair that is constantly slicked back. A dirty green cloak drapes around his skinny frame. His eyes are a yellow-green color, which serves to hide some of the darkness taint he went through before becoming a heartless.
Equipment: Normally hidden in the sleeves of his cloak, is a long chain used as a weapon.
Abilities: As a heartless, can use the corridors of Darkness. Use a number of spells, mostly of the bio line, as well using the power of darkness to strengthen his spells. Saru uses his spells to coat his chain as well as using them to create a slimy shield. Saru is also stronger than a regular human, as darkness supports him.
Personality: Curious to a fault is Saru’s normal state, but he fairly often flies into a murderous rage, especially if someone tries to prevent him from feeding that curiosity. This inquisitiveness is what have allowed him to keep a measure of sanity in his current state.
World of Origin: Port Tranquility
Backstory: Saru always was a curious person, and that curiosity lead him to explore the dark places of his home. In the end, the darkness overcame him, leading him to become a heartless, but his heart and will were strong enough to let him keep a human form, at least for now.

Beans
2013-05-16, 09:55 PM
I think for now we have all the characters we'll need, having added Saru.

DoomITP
2013-05-16, 10:00 PM
Brilliant! Anything you want to happen in this beginning bit of the RP?

Beans
2013-05-16, 10:04 PM
I think it might be good to figure out our grouping before we start.

The Nobodies are, obviously, going to be together.

How we organize the Wielders, Heartless, and 815, though...

ThirdEmperor
2013-05-16, 10:05 PM
I've got a question- Are the Nobodies still at their goal from the games, trying to collect Hearts?

Because last I checked canon was only a Keyblade weilder could do that and we're apparently not using them.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-05-16, 10:07 PM
Okay, my characters.

Zaluxa
Name: Zaluxa
Type: Nobody (The Pale)

Element: Fire

Appearance: Zaluxa has an average height for somebody in their late teens, with an athletic build to her. Her hair is a dark brown that falls to her waist when it isn't tied up. When it is, it doesn't go far past her shoulders. Her eyes are a dark gold color. When her hair is tied, she wears an ornament in it of a single, gold, rounded flame. Her normal expression is a mix of smugness, calculation, and some glee.

Weapon: Hidden up her sleeves are a pair of ten-foot long chains. From the tip down, spaced every foot, is a blade in the shape of the Nobody logo. Each blade can swivel freely on its spot on the chain. The blades are sharp enough to cut into almost anything. She can use them as grappling devices if needed. She can also channel flames down the chains, setting them on fire at will.

Abilities: Zaluxa can create and manipulate fire. When she creates it herself, her flames tend to always be blue. She is immune to burning or extreme heat, though normal high temperatures (like a hot summer day) seem to affect her still. She can shoot flames from her hands or feet, and usually does so as part of her fighting style.

Nobody Troops: Fighter Nobodies. They are fairly tall and mostly humanoid in appearance. Their shoulders are pointed, and their head look like helmets, complete with a skull-like face plate. They fight hand-to-hand, and can shoot fire in a similar manner to Zaluxa herself, though nowhere near as powerful. And their flames are normal colored.

World of Origin: Zaluxa does not remember where her Somebody was from.

Personality: Zaluxa can be very mean spirited and cruel. The only ones she is somewhat nice to are the ones that she considers her friends. These would be the people that help her achieve her goals. And, at least in her eyes, follower her as if she were their leader. She enjoys harming others, and is very dedicated to her view on how things should be.

Syra
Name: Syra
Type: Keyblade Warrior

Magic: Specializes in Water/Ice magic.

Appearance: Syra is a tall and slender woman. Her brown hair is shoulder length and somewhat unruly. Her eyes are a bright blue color. Her outfit consists of dark cargo pants that sit low on her hips and are held up by crossed leather belt, a tan strapless half-top, a long sleeveless leather duster, black half gloves, and dark hiking boots.

Equipment: Her Keyblade, Secrets of the Deep, her Keyblade Armor, and various potions and elixirs.

Secrets of the Deep is a Keyblade obtained from Atlantis. It seems to be made of a dull gray stone. The teeth at the end are somewhat rounded, and the handguard is also mostly circular. The entire thing has runes carved into it that glow a bright blue color. The keychain hanging from it is an old book with one of the runes on the cover. Holding this Keyblade seems to give her the ability to understand any language, spoken or written, as well as others understanding her. But, she has to be holding the Keyblade to do this.

Personality: Syra has a somewhat cold personality. She isn't intentionally cruel or anything. She just doesn't show any emotions much. As such, she hasn't really made a lot of close friends.

Backstories to come later.

Also, Third, just cause a Nobody can't use a Keyblade, doesn't mean they can;t get a Keyblade wielder to do it for them.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-16, 10:10 PM
I think it might be good to figure out our grouping before we start.

The Nobodies are, obviously, going to be together.

How we organize the Wielders, Heartless, and 815, though...

It'd make sense for the Wielders be solo or in groups of two or three, IMO.

Beans
2013-05-16, 10:10 PM
They still want to collect hearts, but they also want to avoid being wiped out by the unnaturally-organized Heartless. And hey, stirring up trouble means Wielders will come and kick Heartless butt, which means hearts!
---
Also I think it might be a good idea for any Wielder group to contain one of the less-new Wielders if possible.

ThePhantom
2013-05-16, 10:15 PM
Not sure about the heartless would be organized, cause how they are set up right now is that they are outside the usual methods of the heartless. Maybe the pair of them are together for the moment, or maybe they are separte from anyone else.

ThirdEmperor
2013-05-16, 10:16 PM
Alright. Juuust checking to make sure I hadn't totally misjudged the Pale's goals and needed to change my character. :smalltongue:

Beans
2013-05-16, 10:17 PM
If they wanted, they could actually try working with Wielders---not like they'll be accepted with open arms, but it's at least possible depending on characters and all.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-05-16, 10:19 PM
If they wanted, they could actually try working with Wielders---not like they'll be accepted with open arms, but it's at least possible depending on characters and all.

Yeah...Zaluxa will not be joining that group. It would end badly for all involved.

Beans
2013-05-16, 10:21 PM
Yeah...Zaluxa will not be joining that group. It would end badly for all involved.
Of course she won't, she's part of The Pale. I said Heartless could try joining a Wielder group, not Nobodies. :smalltongue:

Which isn't to say that Wielders and Nobodies can't end up working in conjunction for whatever reason.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-05-16, 10:23 PM
Ah, read that wrong. My bad.

ThirdEmperor
2013-05-16, 10:26 PM
I am I safe in assuming that we're not gonna be using Unversed or Dream Eaters, and I can continue in blissful ignorance of what either of those actually are?

AnimeKid
2013-05-16, 10:26 PM
I was thinking that the Keyblade wielders should try to find/group together before breaking apart into groups. I, personally, believe that Keyblade wielders are the type to gather together naturally. Or rather the experienced wielders should watch over the rookies. There aren't enough Keyblade wielders in the world for them to go running off by themselves willy nilly.

Actually, question! Are the Keyblade wielders going to have like a safe house? Something comparable to Merlin's house in KH2 or The Land of Departure in BBS? Cause I figured that if there are going to be masters like in Caelum's backstory that the wielders would be something of an organized force.

Beans
2013-05-16, 10:30 PM
Their base is in the old Port Tranquility clock tower.

And yeah, the Wielders should probably all meet there at first.
---
EDIT: Yeah, no Unversed or Dream Eaters.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-16, 11:08 PM
Not sure how the initial thing should go. If we assume all the Wielders were trained at the same place, it would make sense for them to group as a whole, unless we say one team has been there longer. Either way, there's five and that's usually the limit of players in a FF scene.

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-16, 11:13 PM
Not sure how the initial thing should go. If we assume all the Wielders were trained at the same place, it would make sense for them to group as a whole, unless we say one team has been there longer. Either way, there's five and that's usually the limit of players in a FF scene.

There will probably be more KBW's before we even get started though, and more soon after. I wasn't planning for Garrett to have been trained by any "masters," just given the crash course by someone in the know before going out and learning the hard way, like Sora in the first game.

If there's a preexisting group of KBW's, Garrett will probably join after gameplay has actually started.

Question: Are we still doing the "no one can know about other worlds" thing? If so, does that principle apply to Port Tranquility?

Beans
2013-05-16, 11:21 PM
Most KBWs have probably learned by being trained and then going out in the field with a more experienced member to beat things to death and learn about it. They need as much manpower as they can get after all.

And... most people in worlds don't know about other worlds; Port Tranquility is an exception.

Dorizzit
2013-05-17, 12:29 AM
Alright, these are what I have for characters. What do people think?

Xieldan

Name: Xieldan
Apparent Age: Late teens to early twenties.

Element: Plasma.

Appearance: Xieldan is a tall man, with a slender but well muscled body. He has a sharp face, his light gray eyes observant and piercing. Xieldan's hair, cut to the base of his neck, is gray leaning towards white. Combined with his pale skin, Xieldan looks...washed out, as if all of the colors have been drained from his body. This is further enhanced by his choice of clothing; he almost always wears his Paradox cloak, and his clothing underneath is all shades of gray and white. He also wears white, fingerless gloves that cover his forearms, which are covered in strips of white steel over the back of his arms and hands.

Personality: Xieldan is an aggressive, straightforward, and proud individual. He is obsessed with proving the worth of his existence; he despises the fact that he is a shadow of a whole person, and wants more than anything to be recognized as an individual in his own right. Xieldan acts as though he possesses great confidence, but in truth he is wracked with self-doubt. Xieldan loves to fight; his first instinct with any problem is to batter it down with his fists. Because of his incredibly destructive element, he usually holds back and merely uses his physical skills in battle. Despite the way he acts, Xieldan is actually quite intelligent and perceptive. Despite his abrasive personality, Xieldan is also incredibly loyal to anyone that somehow gains his trust.

Equipment: Xieldan possesses a Paradox cloak, which he uses to travel the Corridors of Pure Light when moving between worlds. Xieldan's personal weapon is not a weapon at all, but rather a form-fitting suit of futuristic armor. The armor provides protection, not surprisingly, and enhances Xieldan's strength. It also allows him to "see" using echolocation, but the visor itself has no eye holes, so he cannot see normally while using it.

Abilities: Xieldan is very strong, and can move very fast when he wants to. This deadly combination of speed and strength is compounded by the fact that he is a prodigiously skilled hand-to-hand combatant. When he's not fighting full out, Xieldan generally tries to close the distance to his opponents quickly and pound them into submission.

Xieldan's element is Plasma. He possesses the ability to generate and fire destructive bolts of plasma, or wreath parts of his body in it in order to increase the power of his physical attacks. Although he possesses tremendous power, Xieldan cannot exercise fine control over his Plasma.

Nobody Troops: Xieldan commands the Black Belt Nobody, large, humanoid nobodies that fight using their fists.

World of Origin: Dead.

Backstory: Xieldan is one of the rare few Nobodies who possesses no memories of his life prior to his creation. In truth, Xieldan's progenitor was a Keyblade Knight who died in defense of his world before it was completely overrun by the Heartless. Xieldan came into existence in a world overrun with Heartless, and quickly learned how to fight against the endless swarms.

Xieldan was found some time later by a traveling member of the Nobody elite. Recognized for what he was, the elite took him back and introduced him to the greater Nobody population. Xieldan was quickly rejected for his brash and crude behavior, becoming an outcast. Uncaring about the loss of status but still furious about the rejection, Xieldan cut off all ties with other sentient Nobodies and threw himself whole-heartedly into the war with the Heartless. Then, he received a mysterious cloak and an invitation into the Pale. He has since moved in to the Tower of Doubt, claiming a floor for his own.

Sint

Name: Sint
Type: Heartless.

Magic: Darkness.

Appearance: Sint is a female, on the short side, with a wiry, thin body. She has a soft-featured face, her skin tanned, and her hair black, kept in a ponytail that reaches her back. Her eyes are usually covered by a pair of streamlined, mirrored shades, but underneath they are yellow, and almost constantly in motion, shining with inquisitiveness. Sint wears a white shirt and a black pants tucked into matching boots. Sint also wears a wide belt with dozens of small pouches. Her outfit is also covered in pockets, which she uses to store more her tools. On her right wrist, Sint wears what appears to be a long, iron bracelet. She also has a pair of black gloves whenever she is "in the field." The last piece of clothing Sint traditionally wears is a large black cloak, which also contains a number of pockets.

Personality: Sint is relentlessly optimistic and upbeat, to the point of obnoxiousness. There is no scenario she cannot find a silver lining to, and no situation she cannot be happy about in some way. In truth, this constant cheer is a coping mechanism that Sint uses to keep herself away from the influence of darkness; when she stops acting happy, things get very bad, very quickly for the cause of her ire. Sint is also constantly curious; she wants to know everything about everything. Her particular area of interest is Light and Darkness. Sint takes every opportunity to learn more about either when she can, and possesses an impressive knowledge of both elements and their effects and properties.

Equipment: Sint possesses dozens of tools and gadgets which she uses for her research, which she stores all around her body in the numerous pockets and pouches that adorn her outfit. Her cloak itself, while not special in any way, is thick and more than strong enough to protect her from the elements. Sint also possesses a unique device, the apparent bracelet on her wrist. It is capable of launching a thin but long and very tough metal cable at high speeds. The end of the cable, when launched, emits an extremely powerful but short-lasting adhesive. Sint can use this to pull objects to her, or pull herself around with a sturdier anchor. Finally, Sint possesses a Proto-Keyblade, a flowing sword of Darkness that she can summon or eliminate at will. It lacks the properties of a Keyblade, but has the potential to become one.

Abilities: Sint is a Heartless, and thus has superior physical capabilities to most humans. She is very fast and agile, able to move very quickly and precisely when needed. Sint is also extremely intelligent, and can analyze most opponents very quickly. Sint is very competent with a sword, and is able to take full advantage of her speed and agility when using a sword.

Where Sint's combat abilities really shine, though, is her magic. Sint possesses very powerful control of Darkness magic, and is able to use it to generate powerful attacks, or enhance her physical capabilities. She can also create Corridors of Darkness to travel between worlds. Despite this, she rarely uses her Darkness, as it could easily corrupt her if overused. Sint also has a strong theoretical knowledge of Light magic, but cannot generate it because of her status as a Heartless.

Sint also possesses basic knowledge of most kinds of combat magic, but has little real ability with it.

World of Origin: Port Tranquility.

Backstory: Sint was born in Port Tranquility. From a young age, she was fascinated by Light and Darkness, and the constant struggle between the two, as well as Heartless and Nobodies. As she became an adult, Sint began obsessively studying the subjects of her interest. It was never enough, though, and she soon began to reach the limits of her research. What she wanted to do more than anything was visit other worlds, but lacked a method of doing so. In her attempts to obtain a deeper understanding of Darkness and Light, and travel to other worlds, Sint came upon a solution to both that was simultaneously brilliant and very, very unwise.

It took multiple years of research, but at the end Sint was able to construct a machine that allowed her to artificially remove her heart and transform her into a heartless, allowing her to retain her human form and mind. The machine also put her body into stasis, in case she ever wanted to attempt to become human again.

The transformation was more than she bargained for. While Sint was able to retain her human mind, the Darkness was like a heavy pressure on her at all times. She eventually learned to cope with it, but gained a new respect and wariness for the corrupting influence of Darkness. Since then, she has been using her newfound ability to generate Corridors of Darkness to explore other worlds, becoming a more competent fighter in order to survive the Heartless and Nobodies plaguing the worlds.

Beans
2013-05-17, 12:40 AM
I like them!
With that, I think we have all the characters we'll have room for, at least for a while.

AnimeKid
2013-05-17, 12:48 AM
Oh! I forgot to put down Larfex's Nobody Troops. Read this and tell me what you guys think.

Nobody Troops: Larfex controls the Juggler/Performer Nobodies. Slender tall and witha smile panted on thier faces the Juggler Nobodies don't have a defined weapon set. Rather all of them typically juggle different items from knives, to mini ring blades, to bombs.

Juggler/Performers are just as unpredictable as Larfex. Unlike other Nobodies they have access to "Hammer Space" and pull out some times outrageous items to use on their opponents. The thing is they don't know what they are going to get when they do this and it can sometimes backfire on them. (Basically I roll or someone else rolls a die. The higher it is the more useful and helpful it is to the nobodies, the lower the more harmful and useless it its.)

Beans
2013-05-17, 12:54 AM
Cool! 'Course, from the outset these guys can't probably summon very much of anything, but they'll get better.

That's actually a major part of what I'd like to do with the RP, to show every group growing and making something of themselves.

DJ Yung Crunk
2013-05-17, 12:57 AM
Eh... I'm out, guys. I was really only thinking aloud anyway.

Have fun, though.

ThirdEmperor
2013-05-17, 02:05 AM
Oh-kay, second draft of Xerxes cause the first one was not at all good.

Name: Xerxes
(Apparent) Age: 23

Magic/Element: Ink

Appearance: Most of the time, he looks like a enigmatic figure in a white robe.

Well, if you want more than that... Xerxes is slightly on the short side and thin, all skin, bones and wiry muscle. His black hair hangs down in spikes, framing a sharp face with sharp blue eyes and a sharp nose, a blank and harmless smile.

His skin is so pale it practically glows in the dark, sharply contrasting the black of the intricate pattern he's traced across his skin, a single design enfolding countless symbols tattooed into his flesh. The pattern seems to change at times, shifting to represent significant changes among the worlds, even ones Xerxes himself is unaware of.

Possessions: One (1) Paradox Cloak, one (1) totally kickass Ink Cannon, one (1) garden-variety shortsword and plenty (Too Much) of manga, anime and figurines. Explosive toys as befitting the situation.

Abilities: Xerxes is the paragon of Ink and possesses the power to create, shape and animate it to his whims. Theoretically. In practice, Xerxes is a very recent recruit and has only just learned to use his powers. He can make flimsy objects out of it or use the Cannon to launch a blob of Ink that packs a sledgehammer punch but, for now, that's it.

Not that he's helpless. A villain with only one trick is the first to get killed off, a fate which Xerxes is adamantly determined to avoid. So he's learned to improvise. Swordplay lessons aren't going anywhere fast, but he's added some variety to his arsenal with a selection of explosive toys and besides that, he's strong and quick. Not as strong or quick as his companions perhaps, but geeze, cut the rookie a break.

There's also the standard assortment of Nobody skills- He's picked up on how to use Corridors to make dramatic entrances and exits, as long as he's got his Paradox Cloak handy, and he can exert a small amount of influence on lesser Nobodies. His own personal minions have yet to manifest themselves.

Personality: Xerxes doesn't have a personality. He's a Nobody, remember? Got all the emotional range of a tin can. He's a new recruit as well, so that's doubly bad- He hasn't learned how to fake being something more than an empty shell yet. But he will. He's a quick study.

So, no Heart and not a lot of personality. What he does have are his goals and his Collection. His goals are the Pale's goals, anything to get him one step closer to having a Heart of his own, even if he can only barely remember what that was like. And until then, he clings obsessively to the one thing he does remember of his past life, his Collection- Comics and cartoons and card games and all good things.

One quirk that has surfaced in the short amount of time he's spent with the Pale is his devotion to the Rules. The Rules, to him, are how things are done. More specifically, they're how being a villain is done. He'll go out of his way to mysteriously foreshadow things, use complicated plans when simple ones would do, to play fair, as he would put it.

World of Origin: ???

Backstory: Xerxes was a nobody. After a Shadow stole his Heart, he was really a Nobody. The Pale found and sheltered him until he was awake enough to understand the promise they offered, the promise of having a Heart again. That was enough for him to follow them to the ends of the earth.

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-17, 01:04 PM
Name: David Xanatos
Type: Human
Faction: Heartless
Appearance:

Abilities: David Xanatos is first and foremost a shrewd businessman and a manipulating tactician. He's dealt with magical powers and technology in the past, and does not quickly dismiss the capabilities of supernatural forces, instead learning everything he can through an efficient, logical manner. He always tries to stay at least two steps ahead of the competition.

Although he prefers getting others to do his dirty work, when it comes down to it Xanatos is no slouch in a fight. He's trained in most martial arts and regularly spars with Owen, who has... many years... of experience. He's a very quick learner even to seemingly foreign forces such as magic. Since his world was taken by the Heartless, Xanatos has become quite proficient in wielding the darkness, able to summon up Heartless (he has a particular knack for gargoyles) and use the dark corridor to move himself and others between worlds.

Equipment: Although his vast business empire was lost when his world was taken by the Heartless, he's been able to gather much material wealth just through working with the Heartless and assisting in conquering other worlds. He routinely tries to learn and exploit new technologies, magicks, and artifacts of other worlds. He even has his own office again. Of particular note is his weapon of choice, a mechanical red and black battlesuit shaped like a gargoyle. With his newfound powers, he can don and dismiss the suit at his will. Also kept in his office is one of the few surviving artifacts from his world: a giant humanoid, heavily armed robot called . Part of it is actually made from melted down magical artifacts, giving it the ability to attack and capture even magical beings.

Less of a personal possession but still a significant part of Xanatos's capabilities is his butler Owen, a stalwart, no-nonsense, hyper-competent butler who also functions as a bodyguard. Very little seems to shake Owen and he seems to have experience with magical creatures. This is largely because his real identity is the fey trickster [b]Puck of mythology, and can transform between stick-in-the-mud Owen and fun-loving Puck at will. As Puck, he has a wide variety of magical abilities including possession, conjuration, shapeshifting, illusions, invisibility, animation and other such tricks. Owen and his alter-ego are also key in supporting Xanatos and helping him to make sure he doesn't get overwhelmed by the dark forces he's playing with.

History: Xanatos's home world had long since abandoned having traditional kings, but Xanatos had such a large business empire he might as well have been a king. He had many dealings with the supernatural world, especially when he found out his retainer Owen was actually not quite human himself, and when his wife turned out to be descended from Titania herself. He's had many sketchy dealings, particularly when figuring out how to increase his power base or researching the potential of immortal.

The Heartless invasion on his world has been swift and brutal. All of his plans to repel the strange dark creatures failed, and he watched his wife and children get swallowed by the darkness. Owen was the only reason Xanatos himself wasn't taken as well. His grief made him a prime candidate to wield the darkness and control the Heartless, and now while officially he's on the side of the Heartless, he's not above doing favors for either faction or working in more subtle ways for or against his rivals. His goal is to find Kingdom Hearts, hoping that will provide a way to restore his family.

Beans
2013-05-17, 03:39 PM
Alright, probably tonight I'll get the first IC posts up.

DoomITP
2013-05-17, 04:13 PM
Excellent! Can't wait to get this going.

lord pringle
2013-05-18, 12:56 AM
Ooh! Ooooh! Ooooooooh! Can I join the Heartless?

Name: Gordon Leblanc
Type:Heartless

Magic/Element: No real magic.

Appearance: http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/3956/tek519705ee788a98416684.png

Equipment: He wields Dirge's claw, a black keyblade with a claw motif. While fighting, he tends to morph his weapon into shadowy talons to better rend his foes with.

Abilities: As a heartless he can use the corridors of darkness. In addition he's much stronger and faster than an average person. In combat he typically fights with Dirge's Claw and no general strategy.

Personality: Nuttier than a fruitcake. No, really. He kills for fun and doesn't stop smiling. It's more of a smirk really. He laughs whenever he feels like it, and has a tendency to fly into a rage in simple conversation.

World of Origin: Gordon grew up in Twilight town.

Backstory: Everyday at school Gordon was bullied. He was weaker than the others and was an easy target. When he graduated to work at his family's store he was still abused by his peers. One day as he was sweeping up, a heartless burst in and killed him. When he was reborn as a heartless, he became an opposite of his past life. Where the old him was weak and sad, the new Gordon was strong and happy.

Beans
2013-05-18, 01:03 AM
We're sort of stuffed, but I'm not saying "NO NEVER"; I'm just saying "I don't think we quite have room right now".
Sorry. *much wincing*

ThirdEmperor
2013-05-18, 01:26 AM
Is there any particular reason for the character limit?
I can see it if you're planning some kind of overarching plot and can only work with so many people, but maybe you could recruit a co-GM if that's the case?

Beans
2013-05-18, 01:32 AM
A co-GM would be nice, mostly because "wow lots of people how do i this aaaaaaaaaaaa".

ThirdEmperor
2013-05-18, 01:42 AM
I'd volunteer... Except I'm legendarily sloooooooow to post and probably not the best candidate.

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-18, 07:48 AM
A co-GM would be nice, mostly because "wow lots of people how do i this aaaaaaaaaaaa".

Well, it's freeform, so GM's aren't usually necessary.

But with the KH universe it might be useful at least for different worlds...

I'll help if you need me. I've certainly got a character who's good for masterminding plots. :smallamused:

I just don't want to end up having to GM for Garrett.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-18, 09:54 AM

I'd volunteer, but I'm bad with dialogue that isn't my character's.

Dorizzit
2013-05-18, 08:22 PM

I'm not sure about full co-GMing, but I'm happy to play "NPC" characters or run story arcs. Basically, I'm willing to do anything necessary to help.

5a Violista
2013-05-18, 10:43 PM
I'm not sure about full co-GMing, but I'm happy to play "NPC" characters or run story arcs. Basically, I'm willing to do anything necessary to help.

That actually sounds pretty fun: Playing random characters and minor antagonists who are expected to either be forgotten into oblivion or die mercilessly at the hands of the PCs in less than ten posts. And then throwing a random encounter or two in, every once in a while.

ThirdEmperor
2013-05-18, 11:17 PM
Hmm... I'm thinking of maybe making Xerxes' Ink Cannon into something else. Still a weapon that launches ink projectiles, but, maybe something a little more classical, like a staff?

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-20, 10:37 AM
I'm trying to figure out the best explanation for my characters right now.

Perhaps Garrett's working for a separate faction from a different world, one that's just trying to resist against the Heartless/Nobodies? (Something like what Leon, Yuffie, Aerith, and Cid represented in the first game). If that's the case, should I just wait for the actual faction of Keyblade Masters to disband from the clock tower? Or should Garrett have his own set of intel to either go assist with one of the KM's mission or perhaps go be an interference for the Nobodies mission?

Also, should the Heartless faction have their own world/goals as well?

Dorizzit
2013-05-20, 11:05 AM
I don't think there is a "Heartless Faction" at present. Zethus and Saru both seem to be loners, and Sint is completely divorced from other Heartless except as research subjects.

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-20, 11:43 AM
I don't think there is a "Heartless Faction" at present. Zethus and Saru both seem to be loners, and Sint is completely divorced from other Heartless except as research subjects.

I could have Xanatos attempt to recruit them.

ThirdEmperor
2013-05-20, 05:16 PM
I'm fairly sure there is a Heartless faction, seeing as Beans specifically mentioned the Heartless being more organized than usual. Besides, isn't Xanatos just a normal human?

Deathkeeper
2013-05-20, 05:41 PM
I'm fairly sure there is a Heartless faction, seeing as Beans specifically mentioned the Heartless being more organized than usual. Besides, isn't Xanatos just a normal human?

Those are referring to the mindless ones.
And he is normally. I think it fits the character much better if he stays that way but that's me.

Beans
2013-05-20, 05:42 PM
For the humanoid Heartless, there is not an established faction unless they meet and decide "hey, let's be a faction".

They're not part of the main Heartless forces because... well, that's the whole point of these humanoide Heartless in the first place; they're able to resist whatever is directing the rest of their kind.

DoomITP
2013-05-25, 03:07 PM
Zethus intends to ambush or at least speak to one of the key blade wielders before they move to the different worlds. Anyone interested?

Deathkeeper
2013-05-25, 03:11 PM
Zethus intends to ambush or at least speak to one of the key blade wielders before they move to the different worlds. Anyone interested?

I can have Levin go on ahead while the Master and Levin's new superior discuss their orders/mission, etc.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-26, 04:38 PM
Don't mean to double post but I think it's Kerfuffle's turn.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-05-26, 05:00 PM
Don't mean to double post but I think it's Kerfuffle's turn.

Is it? My bad. I'll get right to it.

DoomITP
2013-05-26, 08:10 PM
I can have Levin go on ahead while the Master and Levin's new superior discuss their orders/mission, etc.

That'd be fine. No serious damage more like a scare tactic on Zethus's part. Though it might be possible to reason with him.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-26, 09:59 PM
That'd be fine. No serious damage more like a scare tactic on Zethus's part. Though it might be possible to reason with him.

Alright, sounds good. I'll break off in my next post or two after Beans.

DiscipleofBob
2013-05-28, 02:38 PM
I'm going to bow out. I think I came into this with a completely different expectation than what's happening. It seems a little more structured than what I was expecting.

Maybe I'll join back in later.

GLHF.