PDA

View Full Version : Help building a Necromancer with a twist

FrostSurf
2013-05-15, 09:04 PM
Hey giantitp, I have a friend who's about to start playing dnd for the first time and he has a potential concept in mind, he want's to play a Necromancer, who disguises his undead and then bluffs that they're.... um mentally handycapped. I was wondering if the wonderful people on this forum would have any idea how to go about this? I'd imagine we would need a stupendously high disguise and bluff, as well as spells such as undectable allignment for his undead.

We would be starting this game around level 6.
Thanks in advance!

Zombulian
2013-05-15, 09:20 PM
Slap some armor on em and sprits em with some Febreze. No one'll be able to tell the difference.

gorfnab
2013-05-15, 10:12 PM
Put the undead in full monk (think medieval European monestery) holocuast cloaks and blank masks. Then just say they are brothers of a sacred order who have taken some very strict vows such as silence, poverty, and denial of self/individualism.

avr
2013-05-15, 10:51 PM
Put the undead in full monk (think medieval European monestery) holocuast cloaks and blank masks. Then just say they are brothers of a sacred order who have taken some very strict vows such as silence, poverty, and denial of self/individualism.
With more vows an explanation for the smell comes naturally too.

A cleric with the trickery domain gets bluff & disguise (plus knowledge(religion of course) as class skills and good undead handling & creation abilities. Also Nondetection as a domain spell. If you worship a non-good god of trickery you have a solid reason to be doing this too.