PDA

View Full Version : Outcast in the Mountains

Silva Stormrage
2013-05-15, 09:34 PM
Grazzan finds himself teleported taking 8 points of damage from the spell obviously gone wrong. He looks around to find himself in the mountain tops, literally, he finds himself starring down the path he is on which goes several thousand feet downward. His newfound allies are no where to be found.

Road_Runner
2013-05-15, 09:43 PM
Knowledge(Geography):[roll0]

(TryingtofigureoutwhereIamfromthemap)

Silva Stormrage
2013-05-15, 09:48 PM
(Maximum is 10 for an untrained skill check)

The southern crescent of Ashara seems to be the only location which has mountains the size of what Grazzan is seeing. Looking around he sees more wildlife than he saw on the northern half of Ashara but the southern climate could simply be different.

Road_Runner
2013-05-16, 12:35 AM
Without a better plan, I will just follow the path for as long as I can until I reach something of interest, such as a town or fork in the road or something.

Silva Stormrage
2013-05-16, 01:35 PM
You spend about two hours walking on the rough unused path downward. The frozen winds and the high altitude requires you to make two fort saves (Dc 15 and DC 16) or be fatigued, and two fort saves (Dc 15 and DC 16) or take [roll0] and [roll1] non lethal damage. (It is about 20 degrees fahrenheit)

After two hours of walking along the path Grazzan spots a massive eagle flying overhead about 600 feet above you, it circles you three times and then flies off.

If Grazzan continues on that path, he notices the winds start to rapidly pick up as well as the temperature dropping quite rapidly as snow begins to fall. Does Grazzan attempt to find cover or does he continue on his way?

Road_Runner
2013-05-16, 02:49 PM
First save: [roll0]
reroll(Balam's Cunning): [roll1]

Second save:
reroll(Balam's Cunning): [roll2]

Grazan will try and find some spot that is sheltered and he can rest for the night.

Road_Runner
2013-05-16, 02:53 PM
Missed save: [roll0]

Silva Stormrage
2013-05-16, 02:57 PM
Grazan travels downward for about two minutes before finding a cave, the snow from the oncoming blizzard is really picking up now and the temperature is further dropping, the cave has a makeshift door covering the entrance. As you approach you hear a voice call out, Hey! Is someone out there! Come on in I got a fire going! If you are an actually an animal then shoo I have a fire going! the voice laughs to himself at the last part of his statement.

Road_Runner
2013-05-16, 03:03 PM
Pathetic Sense Movive: [roll0]

"...Hello? I am not an animal, although it would be convenient for the fur..." Grazan cautiously enters the cave.

Silva Stormrage
2013-05-16, 03:07 PM
Entering the cave you see a middle aged man in heavy fur clothing tending a very large fire whose warmth you feel as you enter the cave, no smoke is produced by this flame though. He carries a sickle by his side and has a large backpack thrown against the side of a wall. The cave has a couple of oddly rose tinted ice patches near the back of the cave as well as some intricate drawings of animals and hunting on the wall. The man looks somewhat shocked to see you, By Teron! What are you doing wandering around the peaks dressed like that? Come warm yourself by my fire! What are you doing here?

Road_Runner
2013-05-16, 03:10 PM
"Thanks," says Grazan, rubbing his hands. "My ally's teleport spell must have misfired, I somehow ended up in the mountains by myself. What are you doing here? Do you live out here?"

Silva Stormrage
2013-05-16, 03:13 PM
Ah that makes sense. Thats tragic. And no I don't live up here, just a druid who loves trekking through the wildnerness. Also a bit of a thrill seeker since this areas a tad bit dangerous. Do you know where you are right now?

Road_Runner
2013-05-16, 03:16 PM
"Not exactly, I have this map, but I'm actually trying to head back to Gilnian City. This area is dangerous you say? Because of the weather or are there dangerous creatures around here? I should be able to obtain protection from the weather tomorrow morning, but I am unaware of any other threats."

Silva Stormrage
2013-05-16, 03:28 PM
Ah let me see that map of yours... this is a map of Ashara... You are on almost the other side of the world your in the peaks of Jotinheim. Land of the Vrykul. If you want to get to Gilnain city with anything that resembles speed you are going to need to get a mage who can teleport you. Preferably a better one than your ally. The fastest route would be to cut through the dead zone and head into the Arathorn Confederation but thats risky as the dead zone is perilous. You could stay in this land and try to head around it but that brings you dangerously close to the frontline of the Vrykul fighting. Really it would be your choice. But you will have to wait out the blizzard regardless.

Road_Runner
2013-05-16, 03:48 PM
"Ah, I see. I am curious, how advanced are you as a druid?"

Silva Stormrage
2013-05-16, 03:51 PM
Hm? Oh moderately decent, I can manage 4th level spells. There are plenty who are stronger than me but I don't feel the need to push that much farther. I can help the wilderness and have a good life as I am. Also I don't believe I have heard your name yet? I am Theriel.

Road_Runner
2013-05-16, 03:55 PM
My name is Grazan. I only ask because I was wondering if you were able to cast any transportation spells. Is it not true druids can travel through plants, or rapidly through the winds? Do you know if there are any druids nearby who might be capable of such magic?

Silva Stormrage
2013-05-16, 03:58 PM
Ah more powerful druids can but I do not have the ability to cast those spells. And also I am alone in my trek up here, my coven is back in the forested lands of Crimea and I don't really have a good way of contacting them to come here.

Road_Runner
2013-05-16, 04:18 PM
"Ah, I see. You mind if I spend the night here then?"

Silva Stormrage
2013-05-16, 04:23 PM
Not at all! If you are staying here till the blizzard passes by I suggest trying to use one of those patches of fire ice behind you gesturing to the patches of rosy tinted ice, They mess with your head slightly but they warm you up real good. I think most of it is mental but with this fire here thats all you need to stay warm though. Once I finish getting this fire big enough so that it won't go out then I am going to catch some shut eye. One thing you need to get used to when trekking through mountains is to get sleep whenever you can. I have spell that will tell me if anything comes by that will wake us up so we don't need to worry about animals caught in the blizzard.

Road_Runner
2013-05-16, 04:33 PM
"Excellent, thanks." Grazan nibbles on the fire ice, whatever that is. "Also, I don't happen to have any food... would it be too much trouble for you to prepare a food spell tomorrow, like those magical berries druids can produce?

Silva Stormrage
2013-05-16, 04:51 PM
As Grazzan lets the warmth of the fire ice course over him. He suddenly finds himself lying down on a warm patch of a sunny meadow pleasant warmness filling his entire body. He hears Theriel speak Well that was easy. but his words didn't really seem all the important to him just the warm feeling of the sun as it beats down around him. Theriel seems to shift as Grazzan lies down until his form is a withered old woman with long terrible claws who slowly draws towards Grazzan. Grazzan doesn't mind though as the warmth seems to dull all sense of worry from him, even as Theriel stabs Grazzan he remains unconcerned, the warmth still is spreading throughout his body and thats the only real important thing to him, even as his consciousness slowly fades to black.

http://theblogofprogress.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/game_over1.jpg