Mindflayer
None so far. Did I miss anyone?

Dragon

@arbitrarity
@arontimes
@celharn
@huttj
@Ishrahl

So as not to derail the First Impressions thread, I am starting this one to form a guild made up of Playground members for Neverwinter Online. This will be a social guild and not at all one of those hardcore "World's First Records" type of guild. Basically, it will serve as a pool of possible party members for adventuring.

Looking at the players who were interested in the First Impressions thread, it seems that we have a plurality of players on the Dragon shard. Cryptic plans on merging the shards at some unspecified point in the future, so guild names and character names of individual players have to be unique. For example, if we register the guild in the Dragon shard, no other guild on any of the three shards can have the same name. Ditto for an individual player's toons; I play Victor Gardener on Dragon, so I can't create another character named Victor Gardener on any of the three shards. However, another player can create his own Victor Gardener, but he can also only have one such character.

What I'd like us to do is to post our account names and which server we play on the most here so we can add each other as friends and we can group up and form a guild on our most played server. Let's start with me.

Name: @arontimes
Shard: Dragon

Now it's your turn.

Arbitrarity
2013-05-16, 11:16 AM
Dragon, main Kat Moonshadow@arbitrarity (60 halfling TR, GS ~6.5k atm). I'm presently working on getting better gear (aiming for Swashbuckler's, but just getting T1 head/chest/pants would probably be enough for most GS requirements) I'm slightly sad I went halfling, since half-orc seems to be optimal for TR's right now, but it's a pretty small difference.

Also levelling professions gradually, gonna work on getting a couple Heroes for the extra profession slot, then Mithril tools for Leatherworking (again, aiming for extra slot). Things are damn expensive though. Also considering buying Zen for some extra character slots, since it gives me more prayer/profession slots and the ability to actually have a few classes.

Morph Bark
2013-05-17, 01:47 AM
For anyone not on Dragon, but on Beholder, feel free to add me as a friend. I've been playing a while and am looking to set up a guild, but a few people were forced to stop playing for a variety of reasons, so now we're just short.

Name: @righteousmorph
Character: Belga Asmodai
Shard: Beholder

I'm a Tiefling Control Wizard. If you run into another Asmodai, it's probably my twin.

hobbitkniver
2013-05-19, 08:41 PM
For anyone not on Dragon, but on Beholder, feel free to add me as a friend. I've been playing a while and am looking to set up a guild, but a few people were forced to stop playing for a variety of reasons, so now we're just short.

Name: @righteousmorph
Character: Belga Asmodai
Shard: Beholder

I'm a Tiefling Control Wizard. If you run into another Asmodai, it's probably my twin.

I'm on Beholder too. I'm a level 37 cleric.

It's a little off topic, but does anyone have a clue of what's going to happen regarding the exploit?

ReluctantReaper
2013-05-19, 09:23 PM
Don't really have anything made yet just have played it one time.. but will probably make a character not sure if on Dragon or Beholder though. :smallredface:

possibly one on each if that is possible as two different things to test them out.

Arbitrarity
2013-05-19, 09:31 PM

It's a little off topic, but does anyone have a clue of what's going to happen regarding the exploit?

No official announcement yet. They claim they're close to announcing their plan and giving an ETA for getting servers back up.

Thus far, they have ruled out complete server wipe, hinted at account-specific rollbacks as a possibility.

Whatever ends up happening, complete wipes are off the table, and we'll work to minimize the impact while fixing the issue.

That won't happen. We understand players have invested time in their characters, and we'll work to minimize the impact.

Whatever ends up happening, we'll be working to maintain as much time as possible, and all real-money transactions

Whatever happens, no one will lose any real money.

Whatever ends up happening, we're committed to the economy's stability.

So yeah, lots of eggs to juggle. Probably can be dealt with reasonably well though, tbh. Actual laundering wasn't really going on until later, and depending on their logging, they may be able to do limited rollbacks on stuff like everyone having cats. They probably keep a transaction log on the AH transactions, which would mean a short script could track down all exploit instances, then they'd need to track down laundering issues, which sounds like a lot of work. Might be able to make a script to automate undoing those trades, though that would only cover simple cases. The exceptions are probably few enough to deal with manually. I dunno if they're going to rollback Zen-to-AD trades, since the effect of those is just the sellers getting 33% more AD than market rate. Just banning the exploiters takes most of that value out of the economy. The hype about laundering causing horrific inflation seems mostly overblown.

Hm, looks like their post should be up in half an hour or so.

Togath
2013-05-21, 09:02 PM
for questions about the game, would it be better to ask here or in the first impressions thread?

I was also thinking of joining the guild.. but I'm a bit confused as to how to do so(I only yesterday figured out how to check my mail or use venders)

more just a neat semi-related thing I found; someone's already started up a "let's play" of neverwitner (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGN8WikMb4WE5YkriM7xrTvv2rJxzuvRq): smallsmile:

Antonok
2013-05-21, 10:28 PM
Made a dwarf Guardian Fighter just a minute ago (download finally went faster then 50kbs). Dragon shard by the name of Antonok currently lvl 4.

Togath
2013-05-21, 11:09 PM
Just noticed the Caturday items/title..
I'll probably keep the two characters I have at the moment on the Mindflayer Shard,but if they add extra slots, the ability to move characters, or merge the shards, I'll probably join the guild

Morph Bark
2013-05-22, 04:10 AM

Hey, roughly my level! Well, you posted this two days ago, so you may well be higher now. I'm currently level 39. What's your character name and tag?

Togath
2013-05-22, 05:07 AM
really enjoying the foundry quests so far.

though I had been thinking of trying a new class.. would it be worth losing the Caturday title to open a slot? Or is there a free* way to get extra slots?

*free in the DDO(where you can earn things by completing enough dungeons) or Guildwars 2(where you can buy the currency with gold instead of cash) senses

Badgerish
2013-05-22, 05:28 AM
You can get a character slot token (+2 character slots) for 500 zen.
Prior to Caturday, you could buy 1 zen for approx 370 AD (this relies on people buying zen with real money and trading it for AD... but apprently happens).
As of last night, the AD->zen exchange was shut down, but should return at some point. What the exchange rate will start and normalise to is unknown.

also, I've just got the 'Caturday' thing. Cat-companions where the best companion you can buy with AD, thus exploits for mass amounts of AD means Cats for everyone!1!

Beholder characters:
Stabitha@badgerish - 43 halfling wogue
Luminar@badgerish - 16 halfelf cleric

Togath
2013-05-22, 05:33 AM
sounds like I might need to delete a character then(not overly a big deal, other than losing the title)..
are rogues decent at soloing? or would a wizard or cleric(not 100% sure how tanky they are) be better?

on the same line of thought.. are the starting stats truly random?
or are they a set that the "re-roll" button scrolls through?

huttj509
2013-05-22, 07:32 AM
are they a set that the "re-roll" button scrolls through?

They're a set of choices.

@huttj on Dragon for me.

BoredAshley
2013-05-22, 09:25 AM
This game looks awful.... I'm very dissapointed. I really liked old Neverwinter parts but now I even don't know what to thing about this, developers screw everything...:(

Badgerish
2013-05-22, 09:45 AM
@BoredAshley
I'm willfully ignoring any 'D&D' trappings, as the core gameplay is so very, very not-D&D in my opinion. Once you do that, I'm fine with the game as a hack-and-slash.

@Togath
My rogue is by far the best solo-character I have played. Got melee, range, AoE, a little control and just so much damage it's insane! I'm slowing down at lvl 40ish, but still going strong.
Got a cleric companion at 16th... but if you are happy buying potions or mailing potions/altars from other characters, you can probably get by with a different companion.

I'm one-shotting standard monsters with stealth+GIANT KNIFE, I'm one-shotting minions with Sly Flourish crits (and critting 40%? of the time) and i've got 3 dodges.

If you do plan to re-roll, I suggest playing until you have 2gp, then buying a companion and mailing it to yourself. Get a nice head-start with future characters.

Arbitrarity
2013-05-22, 11:30 AM
@BoredAshley
I'm willfully ignoring any 'D&D' trappings, as the core gameplay is so very, very not-D&D in my opinion. Once you do that, I'm fine with the game as a hack-and-slash.

Indeed. I think of it as DA2, albeit with different sorts of bosses. Incidentally, Epic Karrundax is SO MUCH EASIER than Epic Lair of the Mad Dragon. Kinda hilarious. Lack of healers, snare imps, and huge damage knockups makes things a lot easier (though the drakes make it a bit hairy near the end).

Currently the AD->Zen exchange rate is pretty bad, I think because the AH is down. AD loses value when it's hard to make use of it. I expect after the AH comes back up, we'll return to prior market rate of around 360 AD/Zen, which makes extra char slots ~180k AD, which is expensive, but not excessively so (doing a dungeon earlier today got me an epic that sold for 10 keys, ~5-600k AD). Probably going to work on getting a Ioun Stone of Allure or Cat, since they share 100% of stats to you (and are thus CRUCIAL for endgame PvE, since you get to equip them and rune them, and each of those adds to your abilities). Probably need to respec at least Feats sometime, since I didn't max out Deadly Momentum, which is BRUTAL in PvE.

hobbitkniver
2013-05-22, 04:23 PM
Hey, roughly my level! Well, you posted this two days ago, so you may well be higher now. I'm currently level 39. What's your character name and tag?

I actually haven't been playing much lately due to the whole debacle, so I'm only level 38 at this point. It's kolgar@hobbitkniver. I'll probably be playing more now that things are a little more stable.

Aron Times
2013-05-23, 12:24 AM
I'll update the OP when in get back to my desktop. It's hard to copypasta links on my Android tablet.

Raven444
2013-05-23, 09:30 PM
I've got a couple of characters on the dragon shard.

Thorfin Battlebeard@celharn is a level 40 dwarf guardian fighter.

Celharn@celharn is a level 22 human devoted cleric.

Kesnit
2013-05-27, 09:43 AM
I'm on Beholder.

Darron@kesnit - LVL 17 rogue
Ravenborne@kesnit - LVL 15 Wizard
Morrigan@kesnit - LVL 6 Guardian Fighter

hobbitkniver
2013-05-27, 12:14 PM
So the auction house is down again. Hopefully there won't be another rollback.

Arbitrarity
2013-05-27, 01:59 PM
They have no plans for such. Dupe bug reported this time, which may or may not actually exist. I'm busy getting delicious T2 gear and training up my Ioun stone to max rank.

huttj509
2013-05-27, 02:01 PM
They have no plans for such. Dupe bug reported this time, which may or may not actually exist. I'm busy getting delicious T2 gear and training up my Ioun stone to max rank.

Dangit, done all the quests, so trying to figure out the best way to get 2.5 levels on my ioun stone...

Togath
2013-05-27, 08:05 PM
Ah, that's why I couldn't sell anything.. darn.. hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

Arbitrarity
2013-05-27, 10:45 PM
Dangit, done all the quests, so trying to figure out the best way to get 2.5 levels on my ioun stone...

Spam some Foundry, hunt for quests you missed.

Apparently I may need about 700 recovery in runes and/or ring/belt. That does open up some cheaper Blue belts (because Rogues don't need max health!), Ancient necklaces, and rings (need to check if power/arpen/recovery is a thing). Hitting the arpen cap should be pretty easy, and I have a truckload of crit, so then it's just more power stacking. Gonna need SO MANY Dark enchants (movespeed, arpen, and lifesteal, mmm), and work on Vorpal.

Some nice guy is selling fairly cheap Gemmed Shirts and Pants on Dragon, 8 keys each. If you buy the keys in 10's, that's around 330k, much cheaper than on AH. I got lucky with winning roll for Helm of the Timeless Hero, so I have a whole bunch of keys atm. I feel almost rich. Almost. Might do a respec soon. Then it's just enchant improvements, full Swash (one piece down, 3 to go. FH and Spellplague aren't too bad, though you need a CW in spellplague so badly, and Spider Queen is obnoxious as hell, so hm), and getting guild into CN runs. Probably more cost-efficient to sell CN gear and buy better enchants, but having best in slot is really tempting.

Togath
2013-05-27, 11:56 PM
Any news about what the next class to be added might be?
Only guess I have so far is something to use the Nature skill.. But that still leaves several possibilities(Ranger[though it has less of a connection than it did in 3.5], Druid, Shaman, Barbarian, and Warden, are all nature themed classes from 4E)

huttj509
2013-05-28, 01:47 AM
Any news about what the next class to be added might be?
Only guess I have so far is something to use the Nature skill.. But that still leaves several possibilities(Ranger[though it has less of a connection than it did in 3.5], Druid, Shaman, Barbarian, and Warden, are all nature themed classes from 4E)

Ranger. A tweet even stated the next class would be a "range" class (yes, with quotes), and it's been known ranger and warlock were soon in the lineup.

Aron Times
2013-05-30, 01:35 PM
OP updated.

Togath
2013-05-30, 02:52 PM
I have a wizard on mindflayer(just noticed there were no entrees for there); Keira Ann@branssen.

Antonok
2013-05-30, 09:35 PM
My chars are on Dragon. Both are low level since I deleted my GF for a cleric.

Antonok/Arkavix@xetakai

Arcran
2013-06-01, 04:56 PM
I just started up on Dragon. Arcran@TheArcran is my 20 something Wizard, and Arcroth@TheArcran is my GWF

Togath
2013-06-02, 11:17 PM
How much impact does the chosen race have?
I'd been thinking of going dwarf for my rogue(now that I've gotten a few extra slots), but wasn't sure if the not as optimal stat-boosts would weaken it too much or not.

huttj509
2013-06-03, 06:39 AM
How much impact does the chosen race have?
I'd been thinking of going dwarf for my rogue(now that I've gotten a few extra slots), but wasn't sure if the not as optimal stat-boosts would weaken it too much or not.

+2 to a stat is about 2% in X, depending on what the stat does (2% crit, 2% damage. etc).

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2013-06-03, 01:50 PM
I've got a mid-twenties Cleric on Dragon. @DocFullbladder

Norin
2013-06-03, 03:46 PM
Oh! I never understood who @aarontimes was until now. Oops :smallredface:

Anyways, i am (on Dragon):

Grisk@ishrahl close to 50 Halfling Rogue.
Muzahd@ishrahl ...uhm, something around 30 (have not played him in a while) Human Wizard.

I joined a random guild today i got invited to. But, feel free to invite me if you want a rather newb casual gamer in the Gitp guild! :smallbiggrin:

Togath
2013-06-04, 12:00 AM
Finally have a dragon server character, if I could get a guild invite:smallsmile:
name is; Poppy@branssen
I decided to go with cleric, since with a guild I can group easier.

Deleted Poppy.. since I couldn't stop being distracted by how weird her feet ended up looking..
Current characte ris; Maria Alger@branssen(level 5 rogue)

Mando Knight
2013-06-22, 10:44 AM
So, with Gauntlgrym being introduced, who's still playing, and what faction is the guild aligned with? I'm not too fond of Luskan, myself...

Supermouse
2013-07-05, 12:47 PM
Are you guys still playing it?

I might be intersted. Downloading the game right now, will go on a trip this weekend, and start to play next week.

Mind you that I'm a total noob in this game, my char will be level 1 and I don't plan to spend any money to buy power :P. Am I still guild material?

Guancyto
2013-07-08, 12:27 AM
Levelling in Neverwinter to stronk.

Was Level 26 before the double AD event. Now I'm Level 43 with a shiny new Phoera.

If this keeps up I'll be sixty in a week!

Anyway, Cathari@guancyto, Level 43 Control Wizard, Dragon server, if people are still playing this.

Arbitrarity
2013-07-08, 11:31 PM
Well, I am, just discussion about the game seems dead. It's being sneaky until the expansion arrives. I have my 60s of each class, albeit not yet fully equipped. Stuff is expensive yo.

Samshiir
2013-07-12, 07:53 AM
If you guys are still playing, I am Anderyn@Samshiir (36 and counting GF) or Incalasance@Samshiir (26 and counting CW) both on Dragon

Norin
2013-07-12, 09:49 AM
I got to 60 with both my TR and CW.

Then i grabbed some epic equipment, did some foundry\daily quests... and the whole damn game deflated.

I found the "endgame" lacking and leveling\questing in the zones was what kept me playing. Almost tempted to delete both chars, and level up two new classes. But can i really be bothered? I don't think so.

But yeah, i play a bit now and then still.

Arbitrarity
2013-07-12, 11:04 PM
Yeah, endgame isn't that interesting if you don't have a guild. If you can't consistently group up to go hunting for loot, you end up pretty poor and lacking in rewarding fights. When I don't have a CN group, and DD is off, all there really is to do is long foundry quests, scanning the AH, and occasional Gauntlgrym (coins are like 3k AD each, effectively). Incidentally, extra character slots are pretty reasonably priced (~165k AD atm), and go well with a zen mount, since those are account-wide, though affording that through AD can be challenging if you can't run CN.

CN and DD runs are pretty much the only easy ways to make money. And CN being easy is... debatable. Other ways are keys, professions, enchantments, but they're risky/require a large investment. Good CN runs just get you a nice average 150k or so per run, although it varies pretty heavily with how you roll on loot.

As a result, I'm currently working on maxing out professions. I should be done in 2 days or so, and almost have a full set of Leatherworking and Tailoring tools. Reinforcing Gloves is also a solid income stream (~50k profit for 2 days work with 2 workers and 1 slot), and pretty inexpensive. Also working on finishing up T2 sets on characters, getting gemmed pants/shirts and Ioun stones, which are all pretty expensive (as in, agh I need another several million AD)