PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Can a summoned creature grapple into AMF?

Frosty
2013-05-16, 08:43 AM
Given the existence of the Strike Back (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/strike-back-combat---final) feat, Pathfinder is definitely saying that the limbs of a creature with reach enters your space as it comes at you (to attack or grapple or whatnot). In PF, when you succeed in a grapple, you also do not move into the target's space (nor do you drag the target into your space).

So, let's say a monk is for some reason wearing an item of constant AMF. A summoned creature without spell resistance and with 15ft or more reach tries to go in and grapple the monk. What happens?

Also logically speaking, if the creature does not have Improved Grab or Improved Grapple, should the creature provoke an AoO from the monk for attempting to start a grapple, even if the creature is far away? Assume that the monk has the Strike Back feat.

stack
2013-05-16, 09:34 AM
I suppose any part of the creature within the field would 'wink-out', to reappear when drawn back out of the field. AMF doesn't really mention partial creatures entering though, so its hard to say. One could argue that the whole creature winks out, but that seems unreasonable.

Amnestic
2013-05-16, 09:49 AM
"Should a creature be larger than the area enclosed by the barrier, any part of it that lies outside the barrier is unaffected by the field." is arguably contradicted by "Summoned creatures of any type wink out if they enter an antimagic field." in the case of Large creatures.

Frosty
2013-05-16, 11:22 AM
So...no conclusive opinion?

Barstro
2013-05-16, 11:39 AM
I thought that summoned creatures were not affected by AMF. The summoning is the only magic part of it. Once the creature is there, it's there.

Frosty
2013-05-16, 11:40 AM
I thought that summoned creatures were not affected by AMF. The summoning is the only magic part of it. Once the creature is there, it's there.

That's only for Called creatures.