PDA

View Full Version : [MRHP] Cosmic (Elemental) Control - What can I do with it?

zilonox
2013-05-16, 02:11 PM
Played my first game of the new/discontinued Marvel Heroic Roleplay game last night and through the use of the random data file rules came up with a hero that had Elemental Control x2. The only two elements that didn't sound boring were darkforce and cosmic, so that's what I chose.

There was one other player/hero who had stretch and growth powers and our first scene was foiling a bank robbery by Doc Oc. The two of us took him down in three rounds and the only damage we took was the player got a d6 physical stress, so I know something was not done right (it was the first time for the the GM/Watcher too), but that's a topic for another post.

I spent my rounds spamming emotional stress through the use of my darkforce control by keeping him inside a cloud darkness so he could not see anything at all. I did that not because it was a great tactic (though it turns out it might be), but rather because I was really kind of terrified of what cosmic control might allow me to do. I didn't really see examples of it's use in the book, but the description says, "Channeling and redirecting the quantum power of the universe, altering or destroying the bonds between energy and matter, and connecting with the cosmos".

O_O

That's big stuff there! Granted my hero only has this a d8, but that leaves a lot of possibilities open. In fact, it seems more powerful than Magneto's power. I mean, if I can destroy the the electromagnetic bounds then I can shut down his power, right?

I read the Captain Cosmic/Trisentinel Spiderman comics years ago - is this the same as the Uni-force? Could I have changed Doc Oc's metallic arms into glass? Could I turn the air into water and drown someone? Can I just split an atom nearby and cause an atomic blast? Can I "connect with the cosmos" and use that to detect life / problems / loose change?

From my limited perspective Cosmic Control seems very much like a god power, even if it's not at god-like strength. Someone slap some perspective on me, please!

Z