PDA

View Full Version : PATHFINDER - Ability Score Bonuses

Emparawr
2013-05-16, 04:40 PM
Is there any way besides enchantment bonuses which have a max +6, to raise any of your ability scores in pathfinder? I cant seem to find any anywhere other then the Tomes which are insanely expensive and no cheaper to craft. Seems like they just took out anything that gives bonuses besides enchantment and strength from this game. What im really looking for is a way to get a bonus to wisdom but i am having no luck whatsoever. Can anybody help me out here?

Emparawr
2013-05-19, 03:52 PM
Nobody has any help on this at all?? really? is it that impossible to get ability score bonuses in pathfinder? I might just have to see if I can bring in some spells from 3.5 or something.

Urpriest
2013-05-19, 03:58 PM
It's an intentional design choice. Aside from a few things that are difficult to stack (Alchemist's Mutagen, Barbarian's Rage, some Sorceror bloodlines) you can't do better than Enhancement +6 plus Inherent +5 in PF. That way they can scale things based on ability scores a bit more carefully.

Corlindale
2013-05-19, 04:00 PM
A level in Mindchemist can get you a temporary wisdom boost with Cognatogen.

Otherwise it's pretty hard to get bonuses to mental ability scores other than enhancement and inherent. Which is as intended, I think, since it can quickly get unbalanced.

Carth
2013-05-19, 04:16 PM
A succubus can grant +2 to an ability score, and there are a few races that grant +2 charisma for the purposes of sorcerer casting if you take a particular bloodline, and if rit is a race that gives an innate bonus to charisma on top of this. Also, aging can be mitigated by casters with the age resistance spells.

18 base
+2 racial (ifrit)
+5 leveling
+3 venerable
+5 inherent
+6 enhancement
+2 succubus
+2 bloodline
43 for the purposes of sorcerer casting, 41 for everything else.