PDA

View Full Version : Request for a custom template?

FallingSnow
2013-05-16, 04:49 PM
I don't exactly know how to phrase this, so I'll say it in as few words as possible: I'm requesting a bipedal half-horse template. I would prefer if the LA was low.

I've spent a while looking through the various books (WotC and third party) but have been unable to find anything similar to what I'm looking for. Please and thank you everybody! ^_^

gurgleflep
2013-05-17, 10:49 AM
I don't exactly know how to phrase this, so I'll say it in as few words as possible: I'm requesting a bipedal half-horse template. I would prefer if the LA was low.

I've spent a while looking through the various books (WotC and third party) but have been unable to find anything similar to what I'm looking for. Please and thank you everybody! ^_^

Half-Horse
+2 Str, +2 Con (too good? too bad?)
+5 Base Land Speed.
Hoof attack (1d6 + Str. modifier)

Poof, you acquired horse legs :smalltongue:
I don't know for sure how well this would work though. it's rather small :smallsigh:

FallingSnow
2013-05-17, 11:32 AM
Sounds good, but I'll wait to see if anyone else comments.

gurgleflep
2013-05-17, 12:00 PM
Sounds good, but I'll wait to see if anyone else comments.

Understandable. I stink at these things :smallbiggrin:

FallingSnow
2013-05-17, 12:33 PM
I think you did great, I'm just waiting a few.

Frathe
2013-05-17, 12:46 PM
I previously made a centaur template (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269197). It can be modified as follows:

Half-horse

Half-horses are always speedier and more stable on their feet than their non-equine counterparts. They are also frequently wilder in temperament and more animalistic in appearance.

Creating a Half-horse
"Half-horse" is an inherited template that can be added to any humanoid or giant (referred to hereafter as the base creature).
A Half-horse uses all the base creature’s statistics and special abilities except as noted here.

Size and Type
The creature’s type changes to monstrous humanoid. Do not recalculate the creature’s Hit Dice, base attack bonus, saves, or skill points.

Speed
A Half-horse's base speed is twice that of the base creature, to a maximum of 60 ft.

Attack
A Half-horse retains the natural weapons of the base creature as secondary natural weapons, and gains two hooves as primary natural weapons (see table for damage). A Half-horse is proficient with whatever manufactured weapons the base creature is proficient with. A Half-horse employing a lance deals double damage when it charges, just as a rider on a mount does.

Half-horse Damage
{table=head]Size|Hoof Damage
Fine|1
Diminutive|1d2
Tiny|1d3
Small|1d4
Medium|1d6
Large|1d8
Huge|2d6
Gargantuan|3d6
Colossal|4d6[/table]

Abilities
Increase from the base creature as follows: +4 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom.

Skills
Half-horses receive a +2 bonus to Balance checks, because of their greater stability on equine legs, and a -2 penalty to Climb checks, because of the great weight of their equine lower body. A Half-horse riding another creature must always succeed on a Ride check high enough to ride while standing, because it cannot sit on a mount.

Environment
Same as the base creature or temperate forests or plains.

Challenge Rating
Same as the base creature +1 (minimum 2).

Alignment
Same as the base creature.

Level Adjustment
Same as base creature +2.

gurgleflep
2013-05-17, 12:53 PM
I previously made a centaur template (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269197). It can be modified as follows:

Half-horse

Half-horses are always speedier and more stable on their feet than their non-equine counterparts. They are also frequently wilder in temperament and more animalistic in appearance.

Creating a Half-horse
"Half-horse" is an inherited template that can be added to any humanoid or giant (referred to hereafter as the base creature).
A Half-horse uses all the base creature’s statistics and special abilities except as noted here.

Size and Type
The creature’s type changes to monstrous humanoid. Do not recalculate the creature’s Hit Dice, base attack bonus, saves, or skill points.

Speed
A Half-horse's base speed is twice that of the base creature, to a maximum of 60 ft.

Attack
A Half-horse retains the natural weapons of the base creature as secondary natural weapons, and gains two hooves as primary natural weapons (see table for damage). A Half-horse is proficient with whatever manufactured weapons the base creature is proficient with. A Half-horse employing a lance deals double damage when it charges, just as a rider on a mount does.

Half-horse Damage
{table=head]Size|Hoof Damage
Fine|1
Diminutive|1d2
Tiny|1d3
Small|1d4
Medium|1d6
Large|1d8
Huge|2d6
Gargantuan|3d6
Colossal|4d6[/table]

Abilities
Increase from the base creature as follows: +4 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom.

Skills
Half-horses receive a +2 bonus to Balance checks, because of their greater stability on equine legs, and a -2 penalty to Climb checks, because of the great weight of their equine lower body. A Half-horse riding another creature must always succeed on a Ride check high enough to ride while standing, because it cannot sit on a mount.

Environment
Same as the base creature or temperate forests or plains.

Challenge Rating
Same as the base creature +1 (minimum 2).

Alignment
Same as the base creature.

Level Adjustment
Same as base creature +2.

You win :smallbiggrin: This is pretty cool :smallsmile:

Rizban
2013-05-17, 01:10 PM
Being bipedal, I don't think upping the speed to 60 would be appropriate. Perhaps only a +10 and/or granting Run as a bonus feat would be better suited.

Also, being bipedal, the hoof attacks should either be removed or made secondary attacks, leaving the existing attacks as is.

+2 Str, +2 Con

These changes makes it only Level Adjustment +1

FallingSnow
2013-05-17, 01:14 PM
All this works, thank you all! :D

Debihuman
2013-05-18, 05:50 AM
Take a horse and add Anthropomorphic Animal Template from Savage Species and voilà! Seriously, the book even has a chart for ALL the animals in the MM. All of them become Monstrous Humanoid. The Anthropomorphic Heavy Warhorse has the following: Size Medium, 2 Hit Dice, LA +0, ECL 2, Str -4, Dex +4, Con +0, Int +0, Wis +4, Cha +0, Skill points (2+Int modifier)x5, Natural Armor +3, Size modifier +0, Preferred class: druid, land speed 40 ft.

Why not use that instead of a custom template?

Debby

Rizban
2013-05-18, 05:54 AM
That was my first thought, but that doesn't give you a template that you can easily apply to other creatures.

Debihuman
2013-05-18, 05:58 AM
The chart on pages 216-217 lists all the stats for the Animals from ape to wolverine.

What other creatures do you want to anthropomorphize?

Debby

Rizban
2013-05-18, 06:13 AM
I believe she wanted to do something like, for example, add the half-horse template to an elf, half-orc, or other race rather than simply acquire an anthropomorphic version of an animal.

FallingSnow
2013-05-18, 11:26 AM
I'm wanting to make a Half-Horse template. :)

gurgleflep
2013-05-18, 11:32 AM
I believe she wanted to do something like, for example, add the half-horse template to an elf, half-orc, or other race rather than simply acquire an anthropomorphic version of an animal.

Yup, that's what she's wanting. :smallsmile:
Is it weird that her DM's talking in her thread..? :smallconfused:

Debihuman
2013-05-18, 02:57 PM

So she basically just wants a Humanoid head arms and torso with 2 horse legs in place of human legs? You simply apply Humanoid features to whichever race she wants to the Anthropormphic Animal and add the Augmented Humanoid Subtype. A creature with the augmented subtype usually has the traits of its current type, but the features of its original type.

Anthropomorphic Horse (Augmented Humanoid [elf])

8-sided Hit Dice, or by character class.
Base attack bonus equal to ¾ total Hit Dice (as cleric).
Good Reflex saves (usually; a humanoid’s good save varies).
Skill points equal to (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die, with quadruple skill points for the first Hit Die, or by character class.

Debby

FallingSnow
2013-05-18, 03:40 PM
I'm wanting to try and make my fursona in a different way than the race that was made for me. Just testing things out. Trying to piece my fursona together by myself seeing how it'll work.

gurgleflep
2013-05-18, 04:06 PM
She likes testing out ideas. You should see how many character sheets she's gone through! :smalleek:

FallingSnow
2013-05-20, 06:39 PM
It's going well. :) I thank everyone for their help. :)

Yitzi
2013-05-21, 12:46 AM
The easiest way would probably be to take a werehorse's hybrid form (if werehorses existed), and remove the lycanthropic elements (curse of lycanthropy, alternate form, and DR.)