PDA

View Full Version : Chosen templates

Renen
2013-05-16, 05:32 PM
Old thread about Chosen templates: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19845406/Post_Your_Chosen_Templates_Here (Thread)

I am starting a PbP game soon, and I am thinking of possibly giving the players a "Chosen" template each. The players will be summoned by a group of beings with more or less god-like powers, and asked to help out. They would serve 2 purposes
1) Affiliate a PC with one of the specific NPC's (For RP purposes and such)
2) Help some of the lower tier classes feel stronger.

So for example, one of the NPC's that could give the template is a Demonic Panther-like creature (not actually evil though). And her "Chosen" may get the benefits that would benefit a monk-type character. While another NPC may grant a template for wizards that says something like "You are a wizard, you dont need buffs" (Partly due to NPC's attitude and partly due to the fact that Wizards DO indeed need no more buffs)

I would like some help with the possible custom templates I can use. Preferably ones that arent TOO strong, seeing as the official "Chosen of Mystra" template, has a hooping +10LA which is too much.

TL;DR: Please show me any custom "Chosen" templates you might have in mind for any class type (Type means fighting style, like hand to hand, with weapon, with magic etc.) But you can also submit templates that you just want to submit, even if they cant be used by me :smallbiggrin:

Alleran
2013-05-16, 10:52 PM
The official Chosen of Mystra template actually doesn't have any LA, only a +4 CR. Any downsides to the template would probably involve everything you have to go around doing, rather than simply an increased ECL.

For other official templates, there's the Chosen of Deneir and Chosen of Bane.