PDA

View Full Version : Build a setting!

Shinizak
2013-05-16, 05:50 PM
Alright, I saw one of these on another gaming forum and loved it, now I'm making one here.

I'm running a nWoD game soon, everything posted in this thread becomes cannon in the local setting/history. If anything contradicts something else than the first post is the winner of the tie. Go my spoiled godlings! Go and create!

Loth17
2013-05-16, 06:22 PM
Jack the ripper is secretly two people. First is a Nosferatu and second is a Promethian Flux user. Oh and they moved into town.

TechnoScrabble
2013-05-16, 06:51 PM
Those Russian immigrant workers down at the docks?

Yeah, they've been sheltering werewolves. In fact, Russia is known in the supernatural community for it's high number of werewolves.

tasw
2013-05-16, 07:14 PM
Change some of the setting conceits. Follow in the wake of True blood and other novels that came up with the idea before them (anita blake novels etc).

Vampires noticed that vampire movies are big bucks and theres meetup.com groups full of people who want to pretend to be vampires and find "vampires" to turn them into "blood dolls" (actual thing in this our real world.... ) and vampires came out of the coffin to the world. No more masquerade, everything is flipped on its head.

Will other supernaturals follow suite or stay in the shadows and see how it turns out for the vamps?

Delvin Darkwood
2013-05-16, 07:41 PM
Rocky Horror Picture Show has a literal Cult that follows it. And boy, you do not want to know what goes on in it.

Fable Wright
2013-05-16, 08:36 PM
There's a Sin-Eater Krewe whose Aspects are all iconic animated characters. The Krewe became a Faction a short while ago, with cliques split into Anime and Western Animation. Some of the members in the Western Animation clique have started speaking of splitting off, though, and they're all fans of the same television show...

A Changeling Motley recently made the town their home base, and a lot of interesting characters are coming to visit. Meanwhile, random hobos on the street are suddenly becoming extremely skilled individuals that have acquired their dreams: One woke up knowing Kung-fu, another won all of the lotteries he entered for a week. It's obviously a Pledge, but no one seems to know what they had to do in exchange. Much less said Motley, who doesn't even know who's offering the Pledges...

TheCountAlucard
2013-05-16, 08:41 PM
A unique mask, bearing two faces, has been recently unearthed. When worn, showing one face instills those who look on it with mortal fear; the other face, a twisted sort of adoration. The problem is, the ghost of the mask's previous wearer doesn't want to let it go.

Eulalios
2013-06-15, 08:24 AM
Nobody can find Chicago.

This started about two months ago, but no-one can remember exactly when. They do remember Chicago, though. At least the people who have been there more than twice. A few weeks ago, even people who had been there once could remember it.

People leave Gary, Indiana on I-80 W, and next exit is just before Joliet. It's worse northbound from Kankakee, you wind up in Kenosha. Lakes pilots just have ... trouble ... with the south end of Lake Michigan.

The Rose Dragon
2013-06-15, 10:07 PM
The Hedge connects to multiple worlds. Some are sufficiently Earthlike that Changelings can survive there without specialized contracts or pledges, but others contain completely alien atmospheres, landscapes, weather patterns, and sapient beings. The Fae do not consider these alien creatures any less curious and worthy of dragging away into Arcadia than humans.